NATION

PASSWORD

Abortion Law Reform Passes in New Zealand

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Terabithya
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Terabithya » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:28 am

Greater Theowherveld wrote:You quote the bible as if it is a historical account. This alone shows you know so little that anyone listening to your thoughts are suffering brain damage.

The Holy Bible is of course a historical account and you don't know what you're writing. If you aren't baptised I strongly advise you to let baptise yourself in the Catholic Church and if you already are, repent and receive the sacrament of Penance, please.

Awhaiti Kaiatu
Secretary

Founded: Mar 17, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Awhaiti Kaiatu » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:28 am

Terabithya wrote:
New haven america wrote:Pregnancy as punishment

It is actually a bliss in marriage to found a happy family.

Although they are often used to try fix a marriage and often ruin it
Awhaiti Kaiatu
Sci-fi Island State - South Pacific Ocean
Main Factbook | Economics | Civics | Space Agency

A member of the Environmental Conservation Organisation

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:29 am

Terabithya wrote:

Nowhere did I write that pregnancy is a punishment. It is actually a bliss in marriage to found a happy family.

You didn't need to say it explicitly, your avoiding sexual intercourse comment said the same thing, just in different words.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:30 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Samudera Darussalam wrote:I.....don't really expect a NZ thread to turn into a religious debate tbh, but ah well.

It’s abortion dude. It was bound to happen

I...guess? Now I know firsthand why an abortion thread is....unpleasant, somehow.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:30 am

Terabithya wrote:

1. Nowhere did I write that pregnancy is a punishment. 2. It is actually a bliss in marriage to found a happy family.

1. Not outright, but you included all the hallmarks of people who think pregnancy should be used as punishment, like how people should keep their legs closed, saving it for marriage, only doing it when you're making kids, etc... Whether you want to admit it or not (No worries, most people who believe it is don't want to, so we're used to that here), you're saying pregnancy is punishment. :)
2. Not for the person carrying the thing for 9 months.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:30 am

Condoms, the pill and coitus interruptus are a thing though.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:31 am

Terabithya wrote:
Greater Theowherveld wrote:You quote the bible as if it is a historical account. This alone shows you know so little that anyone listening to your thoughts are suffering brain damage.

The Holy Bible is of course a historical account and you don't know what you're writing. If you aren't baptised I strongly advise you to let baptise yourself in the Catholic Church and if you already are, repent and receive the sacrament of Penance, please.

Why the hell would I want to do that? I’m quite fine where I am
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:32 am

Good.

Nakena wrote:Condoms, the pill and coitus interruptus are a thing though.

And? Stuff happens.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:32 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Terabithya wrote:

Because else you'd supposedly may end up in Hell.

With blackjack and hookers ofc. :p

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:32 am

But thems simful
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Awhaiti Kaiatu
Secretary

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Awhaiti Kaiatu » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:34 am

The thing is that a fetus isn't a baby - an egg isn't a chick and you'd have a harder time killing a chick than crushing a fertilised egg

Abortions are usually only conducted after extreme consideration for one's own well being. People aren't just going stop wearing condoms because they know they can waltz into a clinic 4 weeks later.

And, that Christianity is a minority in NZ so very few people are thinking in the sense that you kill God's gift in an abortion
Awhaiti Kaiatu

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:34 am

Heloin wrote:Good.

And? Stuff happens.

Yes its still preferable to abortion which can be a fairly nasty thing. Altough sometimes necessary.

IMO I think the decision about that should be left to woman alone. Perhaps even the laws and regulations about it should only be written by woman.
Last edited by Nakena on Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Greater Theowherveld
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 18, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Greater Theowherveld » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:34 am

Terabithya wrote:

If by baptized you mean molested by a priest, no thank you. I'm far too old to have my cheeks clapped by a holy man anyways. They wouldn't bat an eye at my 25 year old ass.

Terabithya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Terabithya » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:35 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Terabithya wrote:

But one day when you'll die you will stand in front of God's particular judgement for you. And with unrepented/unconfessed mortal sin you might descend into hell forever. Do you really want that? Read the accounts of several Saints on their visions of hell.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:35 am

Heloin wrote:Good.

And? Stuff happens.

And in what should be rare instances that abortion is needed it should be available. However we must promote extensive use of contraceptives and things like the morning after pill to reduce the need for an abortion, in addition to government support of single parents and children.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:37 am

Terabithya wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Why the hell would I want to do that? I’m quite fine where I am

But one day when you'll die you will stand in front of God's particular judgement for you. And with unrepented/unconfessed mortal sin you might descend into hell forever. Do you really want that? Read the accounts of several Saints on their visions of hell.

Please don't turn this thread into a Catholic recruitment platform, that isn't the subject of the thread, or any thread here for that matter.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Awhaiti Kaiatu
Secretary

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Awhaiti Kaiatu » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:38 am

Terabithya wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Why the hell would I want to do that? I’m quite fine where I am

No, I'm going to stand before Zeus. He will judge me
Awhaiti Kaiatu

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:38 am

Terabithya wrote:

Bring it mate.

Terabithya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Terabithya » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:39 am

New haven america wrote:
Terabithya wrote:
1. Nowhere did I write that pregnancy is a punishment. 2. It is actually a bliss in marriage to found a happy family.

1. Not outright, but you included all the hallmarks of people who think pregnancy should be used as punishment, like how people should keep their legs closed, saving it for marriage, only doing it when you're making kids, etc... Whether you want to admit it or not (No worries, most people who believe it is don't want to, so we're used to that here), you're saying pregnancy is punishment. :)

No, some people just don't want to have children for different reasons. Scripture says it's alright to be single, but that if you can't control your sexuality you should marry. If you don't want children you can make another couple adopt them. And you can always pray to God to give you strength against sin.

Also note that the pains of birth are a consequence of original sin. I think you can indeed call those pains a punishment by God for the woman for her original sin. The punishment for man is pain in their work on the fields and the work itself.
Last edited by Terabithya on Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:39 am

Terabithya wrote:

I’m not christian and my religion doesn’t believe in hell. So why would I join a religion where I’m threatened with eternal torture if I don’t do want said religion wants?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Greater Theowherveld
Civil Servant

Postby Greater Theowherveld » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:40 am

Terabithya wrote:

However convinced you may be this is the case, the fact of the matter still remains. When anyone dies they will simply slip into the void and lose consciousness for good. Then their body will remain until it decomposes. This is the extent of the after life and no amount of bible thumping will change my mind, or anyone else with any degree of critical thinking above that of a toddler.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:40 am

Terabithya wrote:

Read the Black Book of Satan.

The New California Republic wrote:Please don't turn this thread into a Catholic recruitment platform, that isn't the subject of the thread, or any thread here for that matter.

Too late.
Last edited by Nakena on Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:43 am

Terabithya wrote:
New haven america wrote:1. Not outright, but you included all the hallmarks of people who think pregnancy should be used as punishment, like how people should keep their legs closed, saving it for marriage, only doing it when you're making kids, etc... Whether you want to admit it or not (No worries, most people who believe it is don't want to, so we're used to that here), you're saying pregnancy is punishment. :)

No, some people just don't want to have children for different reasons. Scripture says it's alright to be single, but that if you can't control your sexuality you should marry. If you don't want children you can make another couple adopt them. And you can always pray to God to give you strength against sin.

Also note that the pains of birth are a consequence of original sin. I think you can indeed call those pains a punishment by God for the woman for her original sin. The punishment for man is pain in their work on the fields and the work itself.

So does this mean I can marry the man of my dreams? Thanks catholics!!
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Greater Theowherveld
Civil Servant

Postby Greater Theowherveld » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:44 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Terabithya wrote:

So does this mean I can marry the man of my dreams? Thanks catholics!!

Thank Obama instead.
Last edited by Greater Theowherveld on Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Waldoven
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 07, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Waldoven » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:46 am

I feel like this thread will be eventually locked because the topic has now drifted off course
United Federation of Waldoven

"Curiosity drives Waldoven forwards!"
Home page | Region
Waldoven, home to the Waldovian species. United in 1970 WT (2,217,130 AD), Waldovians have come far ever since the first humans crashed onto the planet, now taking their first steps to becoming an interplanetary civilization.
A nation that represents about 80% of my political views
Current year: 2,217,130 AD | 1990 WT

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General