NATION

PASSWORD

Destination Worldvision | Cancelled

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Besen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Destination Worldvision | Cancelled

Postby Besen » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:07 pm

THE SEARCH FOR THE NEXT WORLDVISION WINNER BEGINS...

Semi Final One / Semi Final Two / Grand Final
Dates
The Official Playlist
Over three televised rounds, 18 artists will get the opportunity to showcase their talent and their songwriting - where the winner will be jetting off to Worldvision, with their winning song. It is the largest Besenian national selection programme in history and will be the most interactive and international experience for fans all over the world.

Destination Worldvision 2020

In the two semi final rounds, 9 artists will compete for just 4 places that are available in the grand final. 50% international juries and 50% tele-vote will allocate points, which will form a scoreboard - and the 4 artists will advance. This will ensure that a balanced judgement will occur, and the selection will have the international opinion to generate the best possible result.
FOR INTERNATIONAL JURORS: A maximum of 8 nations can give votes in the semi finals, via TG or Discord and NOT POSTED ON THIS THREAD.
During the Grand Final, the maximum nations that can vote will be upped to 10, and will involve the same format of voting, as well as the reveal. The voting portion is designed to feel specific, like the real contest and individual to each nation. (Although it is not technically required and another image will be used, nations will be asked to provide an image of their spokesperson and a small piece of dialogue as an introduction)

- Nations will give 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 and then 2 points to their favourite six performances, with the other three songs recieving no points.
- 300 points are to be allocated in the televoting portion of voting, where things could ultimately change from the final results of the jury.
- Full voting figures will be released after the Grand Final has taken place.

OOC: Destination Worldvision is infinitely similar to the Eurovision selection process 'Destination Eurovision' which took place in France 2018-2019. You can look up the processes in that competition to get a feel for how this competiton will proceed.
Last edited by Besen on Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:11 am, edited 14 times in total.

Besen
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Besen » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:39 am

DATES

Friday 20th March: Press release

Saturday 21st March - Thursday 26th March: Artist reveal

Friday 27th March: All songs released

Saturday 4th April: Semi Final One (IC)
- Vote Opens, 4th April
- Vote Closes, 9th April 8pm GMT

Saturday 11th April: Semi Final Two (IC)
- Vote Opens, 11th April
- Vote Closes, 16th April 8pm GMT

Saturday 18th April: Grand Final (IC)
- Vote Opens, 18th April
- Vote Closes, 25th April 8pm GMT

Sunday 26th April: Winner Known
Last edited by Besen on Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Besen
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Besen » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:56 am

THE ARTISTS

1 DIAMANT
Ages: 20 (Elle), 21 (Veronica), 20 (Loriana), 23 (Zati)
Based: Lipa, Besen
Genre: Pop

2 Giorgio Anserac
Based: Morlake, Besen

3 Asira
Genre: Alternative/Pop

4 Mason Tolo
Based: Rolane, Besen
Genre: Soul/Pop

5 Celine
Based: Diria, North Arenia
Genre: Ballad/Pop

6 Daniella Tenedy

7 Yelexar
Based: Maelan, Besen
Genre: Alternative

8 ZANI
Based: Paerie, Lachana

9 XYXY & Marina Sande
Ages: 28 (XYXY), 20 (Marina)
Based: Lipa/Didiro, Besen

1 Terrence Balca
Based: Serin, Arenia

2 Dana Saeen
Based: Melan, Besen

3 Sanja Krione
Genre: Dance

4 Paul Viron
Genre: Pop/Soul

5 Freya Liore
Based: Opio, Besen
Genre: Pop/R&B

6 JONES
Genre: Afrobeat/Pop

7 Iago Serenda
Based: Lors, Lachana
Genre: Pop/Ballad

8 ØRA
Based: Rolane, Besen
Genre: Alternative/Pop

9 Maria Satuba
Based: Amizé, Besen
Last edited by Besen on Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Besen
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Besen » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:53 am

DESTINATION WORLDVISION SEMI FINAL ONE
LIVE FROM LIPA

It had finally begun, after months of preparation and strain on the team behind the show - it is here. The audience cheered as the producer came out onto the stage to present the rules and to tell them to enjoy themselves. Backstage, nine incredible talents prep themselves for an experience unlike anything else. They sit in their dressing rooms getting their crazy costumes ready, doing vocal exercises and practising some complex choreo. The countdown begins and their nerves multiply intensely. They show the Destination Worldvision logo on the screens, and then swirl the camera round to display Lipa Exhibition Centre. Strums of the guitar surround the audience in an audio bubble and the excitement begins.

Erica appears from the back of the stage in a bright pink dress that has sparkling sequins and a bright blue jacket. The lighting is a dark purple one that is acting as a spotlight for her. She has 4 male backing dancers (acting as "boytoys"), in nude clothing. The LED screen in the back shows a heart being cut in half through the middle. Her makeup is done in a dramatic, sensual manner and her hair is slicked back. The boys are staring at her, as the camera shifts to them briefly.
Oh, this is the first one
It's that you need to bring the fun
Gotta get up and run
Before you jump the gun

The camera zooms into her face as she expresses a look of misery. As she is singing the rules softly she is leaning on "boytoy one" and with a purple marker she is drawing a cross on his stomach. She then pushed him to the floor violently, as the purple lights become more intense and dark. She roughs up her hair, rather brashley and hops along to her next cue. Her arms are highlighted by the camera as she pulls up the sleeves of her jacket. The LED screen shows the final lyric of the first verse.
Time for number two
You musn't let him get you
You just gotta stay true
Or he'll come for you, you

Flashes of pink lights explode from the LED screen at the back, along with a projection of a hologram on the screen- showing Erica performing the song. She pulls off her jacket slowly (as the camera shots close in) and throws it into the audience, who scream and desperately attempt to grab it. With "boytoy two" she draws a unhappy face on his arm and begins to run to the front of the stage for the chorus. The camera shifts to a wide shot, and the pyrotechnics rise up from the firepit inside the stage.
Some boys are born as persuaders
To take your heart and just break it
Kick him out and just say it, say it
I ha-a-ate you

Erica breaks out into a simple dance routine with the two boys, performing turns and sensual movements.They grab her and twist her in the air, as she 'struggles to break free'. A wide shot reveals the rather complex routine that Erica and her dancers are performing. Smoke ejects from the side and again fire rises- as an attempt to up the "WOW factor".
They aren't much more than babies
They'll love you, then they'll make you crazy
Free yourself and just be you, be you
We ha-a-ate you
I mean, I think I do
Ohh, oh oh, oh, oh oh, oh oh x2

As the smoke fades, Erica angrily stomps to "boytoy three', she pulls out the marker and draws a torn heart on his neck (it's rather odd that she is able to draw so well...) A spotlight follows her around the stage as she jogs about, signalling the camera to come closer. Her movements seem to be quite stiff but Erica isn't supposed to be a excellent dancer.
And then we have number three
Gotta get off your knees
Make him wanna leave
And then turn so sweet, sweet

On the last boy, she writes with the marker "Karma's a bitch". The camera runs out of the shot, as an attempt to remove the "bitch" word from people's screens. Dangerously, Erica wanders off to the far left edge of the stage, trying to get the audience to sing along to the song. Giving up, she goes back to dancing with her backup.
Oh, it's number four
Tell him that he's a bore
Turn your back and close the door
He'll be begging on the floor, floor

The second chorus leaves the stage exploding in pink lights and sparkling LED screens. The four boys fall to the floor as pyro effects burst from the front of the stage. The camera cuts to a wide shot again, and Erica serves facial expressions. Because of the limited space due to the highly intense dancing, Erica squeezes her way past and leans up against the LED screen.
I ha-a-ate you

Ditching the back-rubbing of the LED screen, Erica breaks out again into a more complex dance routine, when two female dancers join her in the choreography. The dancers also supply backing vocals for the chorus. The male dancers are now physically drained and seem to drag their feet to the women and bow down on their knees.
We ha-a-ate you
I mean, I think I do

For the sombre part of the song, Erica and her backing dancers collapse on the floor and so does the lights and LED- to leave a single spotlight on Erica on the floor. The camera shot is above her, showing the her lying on the ground (broken, if you will). The pain is seen on her face as you see a tear drop down her cheek (must be an emotional connection or something).
Pearls, we choose to be our own escape
'Cause girls don''t need, we don't need our minds to ache
It's true, that it's better to trained
Can't be forced to make all those mistakes

The guitar strums in the instrumental bring Erica and her dancers to rise to their feet, swaying left to right. The pink lighting comes back and the pyro effects burst up from the front twice again. Back on the LED screen, appears Erica's face, now smiling. The sparkly effects shown now are amplified for the climax.
I ha-a-ate you
We ha-a-ate you
I mean, I think I do

In the last vocals of the finishing chorus, Erica walks down to the edge of the stage and reaches out to touch the audience. Her face shows real determination, and in the final notes, a small grin appears on her face.

Besen
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Besen » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:56 am

Kiara
Ciáo Besen! Hello World! I’m your host of the first ever Destination Worldvision - where we are on a search for the first Besenian winner of the Worldvision Song Contest. So, now that I have your attention and we all enjoyed that amazing performance from Erica, let’s run through how tonight’s show is going to work. We’re gonna hear nine brilliant songs from nine incredible artists, that’s right. Then, we’re gonna have a very special performance later tonight from a great in Besenian Worldvision history, and after that - the big reveal, we’ll be heading to loads of different nations to find out what they thought of our performers this evening, combined with your votes at home! It’s going to be exciting, it’s going to be emotional - but at the end, only four will make it to the Grand Final in two weeks! I can already feel the tension in the room, Lipa! Here are the acts that will perform for your votes tonight...

Kiara
That’s right - you can use the official Destination Worldvision app to vote tonight! Available on the App Store right now! Go and get it people! Of course, you can vote via SMS or calling the number displayed on the screen just now. So, now you know how to support your favourites, let’s get on with it shall we!? Song one: It’s DIAMANT with “Back & Forth”!

Besen
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Besen » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:04 pm

1 DIAMANT - Back & Forth
Every night, oh, every night, we always go back and forth, we go back and forth
And then we fight, yeah, then we fight, we always go into war, we go into war
But baby I know you'll always come
I got you, I got you hooked like a drug, drug, drug, yeah
Every night, oh, every night, we always go back and forth, we go back and forth, yeah!

2 Giorgio Anserac - Give You Devotion
I'm making you realise, you're my life
You're right there, it ain't fair
And even if you lie,
I devote my love to you

3 Asira - Don't Let Me Down
Oh baby, I'm a mess right now
And you're feeling like I need to stop
You know that I have found
You've always believed in my love
I have found you, I wanna just trust you, so baby come and let me know
This is the last time I'll come around
So don't let me down

Kiara
Wow, wow, wow! Lipa, what an incredible audience you’ve been already... what did you think of the first three performances?! I said: WHAT DID YOU THINK OF OUR FIRST THREE PERFORMANCES, LIPA?!?! Yeah, me too... and I have one of them right here. Give it up for Giorgio Anserac! How did you think your performance went?
Giorgio
I felt the energy in the room tonight - it was so amazing!
Kiara
Good to hear Giorgio... So... let’s get down to the nitty-gritty, how do you think you’ll do tonight?
Giorgio
Well, I’m trying to forget the fact that this is a competition because I’ve made some life-long friends here, but, if I’m honest, I really want a spot in the final four qualifiers... it would mean the world to me.
Kiara
Thank you so much, Giorgio. I know you’re anxious to see who is up next so I won’t keep you waiting much longer. This is song four: “Dolci traga"!

4 Mason Tolo - Dolci traga
La ese une dolci traga baby
E rieben mina cose vrotelar baby
Suran beibre crotil fesre hey yeah
La ese une dolci traga baby

5 Celine - I Can
I can, be my own virtue
I can, sing out to hurt you
I can, bleed out my pain, hmm
I can, I can!

6 Daniella Tenedy - Love Is A Drug
Love is a, love is a, love is a drug, babe
Love is a, love is a, love is a, love is a
Oooh, oooh (Love is a drug babe)

Kiara
So, I’m sat here now with the amazing Celine! How do you feel tonight?
Celine
I’m feeling so positive already, the support from the crowd has really given me so much joy and I wanna thank everyone here right now and everybody watching at home... including my beautiful son! I love you!
Kiara
Of course, you recently had a lovely baby boy. How has being a mother influenced your life?
Celine
It’s made me stronger. I feel like I can do anything now, I can be who I want, I’ve learned to love and appreciate all the things around me, so that’s what I’ve learned.
Kiara
Amazing, Celine. I can really feel that in your beautiful song. If you loved Celine’s performance, text 891 22 5 to vote for her and see her in the Grand Final where she could become Besen’s Worldvision representative for the second time! And so, on that note, we only have three performances left - sad I know - so let’s introduce song seven: It’s Yelexar with “Fara di maire”.

7 Yelexar - Fara di maire
Sai, sem tusi ata luschte crai
Andromeda en mai hayeres
Rael ti va sira teria maía
Sem fara di maire (Sem fara di maire)

8 ZANI - Every Heart
We can all unite, we will come out of the dark
'Cause there's a fire burning in every heart
Yeah, all our hearts go - woah, woah, all our hearts go...

9 XYXY & Marina Sande - Pain
Do you feel the pain, can you feel this damn pain?
I hope it aches, yeah, I hope it aches
Do you feel the pain, can you feel this damn pain?
I hope it aches, yeah, I hope it aches
You've made me cry, but it won't make me die, yeah it won't make me die, I'll stand the test of time
You've made me cry, but it won't make me die, yeah it won't make me die, I'll stand the test of ti-i-ime

Kiara
That was the last performance of the evening, ladies and gentlemen! That’s right, soon voting lines will be opened and just after that we will find out who is that one step closer to being at Worldvision in May! Exciting times, am I right? So, let’s recap the acts tonight and how to vote for your favourite…
Last edited by Besen on Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Besen
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Besen » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:29 pm

Kiara
That’s it everybody - voting lines are officially opened, and remember you can also use the official Destination Worldvision app which is available to Besenians on the App Store right now! Get to it, and while you’re doing that... I want to welcome to the stage the beautiful women from La Force Femme, who represnted Besen at the 74th Worldvision Song Contest, where they sang their hit, “The Strong Woman”... take it away ladies!

The song begins with light instrumentation, followed by quick close up views of each woman's face. She back is all white, not yet revealing much of the scene. The air is apparent in it's mistiness, which combines with the sharp blankness of the lighting to create a theatre-esque vibe. Beginning from the far left, where Lavina is standing, each of them click in synchrony, on time with the beat of the song. As the first line is sang, the audience sees Lavina in a flowy pink gown, which forms a sequinned floral design at the bottom. Then as the camera pans out, the three are seen on a triangular platform, with stairs leading from each of their positions.
I believe I am the one
To turn heads, they all look now
I don’t care for little boys
I need a man

Annalisa wears something similar to Lavina's outfit, except her gown is much more light, and looks almost less dazzling - but still glamorous when it glimmers against the blinding white. Although she is a small woman, she commands the stage with an aggressive delivery of her verse. The camera stays fixed in a position that showcases her entire body and all of her tiny actions that fill the space.

She carries on to the next line, expanding the horizons of the song - as with the change of lighting, which shifts into a warm pink. The whiteness doesn't completely fade away however, and the spotlight is still evident as a part of the scene. All three woman step from their microphone stands to the left of them.
Where have the good boys all gone?
They have no idea why they're wrong
It is so important that they are here

With my heart
I spin you into a whole new world
(A whole new world)

The harmonies on the chorus sound glorious and the power of their voices are a group feel like a choir, as each of them carry out their roles well, using the heaviness and the lightness of their voices to the advantage of the arrangement. Across the stage flashes of light appear every few seconds to the rhythm of the beat. As well as this the women extend their clicking movements into choreographed arm movements, which is also synchronised between the three of them. In the final line, the power of their voices is particularly raised.
Oh oh
You can feel my spirit
Oh oh
I am a goddess
Oh oh
Now you feel my spirit
I am the strong woman
Oh oh
You can feel my spirit
Oh oh
I am a goddess
Oh oh
Now you feel my spirit
I am the strong woman

Lavina returns for her second verse, leaving the stand, and beginning to move down the staircase that leads to the main stage. The overall mood of the lights remain the same throughout this, in that same warm pink mixed with the white fragmentation in parts. In the corner of the camera's view, the audience is seen dancing and waving their flags, followed up by a far away shot that includes many Besenian flags in particular.
I have the power, I am that woman
I am everything you wish for
In the night you come to me
For a little inspiration

The last of the three voices to be individually studied, Amie's is rough and brash, yet very soulful. Her delivery is on point, sharply hitting every note. She follows the direction of Lavina and continues the pattern in leaving the stand and walking down next to her. The camera spins to show the two of them, as they exchange smiles.
What it means for a diva
To be with her man, it’s no wonder
It means that everytime I go
You need my love

The camera stalls as it passes Lavina, and she continues her solo. Her use of force allows her to project her high note well, which is followed up by the crowd evidently cheering for her. As this is happening, Annalisa is the final of the three to cross down into the formation at the bottom of the platform. They emulate their previous positions, but Lavina takes the middle in this part.

The flashing continues in the second chorus, evolving into quicker, more bouncy correlation between the pieces that make up the stage design. Amie, Lavina and Annalisa start to feel much more connected, and like an old girl group, as they interact and sing to each other much more. The bounce of the song ignites the arena with people feeling the beat.
With my heart
I spin you into a whole new world, hey!

Oh oh
You can feel my spirit
Oh oh
I am a goddess
Oh oh
Now you feel my spirit
I am the strong woman
Oh oh
You can feel my spirit
Oh oh
I am a goddess
Oh oh
Now you feel my spirit
I am the strong woman

In a final showcase of their vocal ability, each of them sing the hook, "I am the strong woman!", extending and projecting to the fullest extent that they can. Lavina in particular shines through as her massive voice explodes. At the end of the bridge, a harmony occurs as the largest and most excellent yet.

Like a classic soul song, each element concludes in unison to create an effective climax of the performance. From the lighting to the tightness of the camerawork, the ending is short but sweet, and the last view is of the audience - to reveal their joyful faces.
I am the strong woman!
I am the strong woman!
I am the strong woman!
I am the strong woman! (Yeahhh!)

Oh oh
You can feel my spirit
Oh oh
I am a goddess
Oh oh
Now you feel my spirit
I am the strong woman!

They smile, and blow kisses to the audience, greeting Kiara for a short time and then shuffling out of view from the camera and then back off the stage.

Kiara
What an amazing performance ladies! You did us proud and continue to do so with everything you do - so well done! We have to say goodbye to you now however, as we begin to say hello to our first international jury. We will eventually have results from eight different juries, and this will confirm their four favourites to qualify, where we will then combine your votes at home, to finalise the four lucky performers who will have earned a spot in the Grand Final!

Besen
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Besen » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:51 pm

HOW TO VOTE (INTERNATIONAL JURIES)

Okay, so you've come to the end of our show and you're looking how to vote, and thank you for doing so! - well it's simple.
Please, in a 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 and then 2 format, rank your top 6 songs in this semi final. You do not give points to the bottom 3 songs in your rank. As we will live reveal the results, we ask that you send your votes via TG or by Discord, whichever is easier for you. Along with your votes, we also ask that you provide an image of your spokesperson and your spokesperson's name, as well as a small piece of dialogue if you choose to do so.

If you end up voting in the Grand Final, which we will be intensely grateful for, this means you will not have to provide information about your spokesperson and will only have to change your dialogue, if you choose to do so.

To make it quicker for you please use this format to vote:
Code: Select all
[NATION NAME] Votes in Semi Final One
[SPOKESPERSON NAME]
[IMAGE OF SPOKESPERSON]
[SMALL PIECE OF DIALOGUE, IF YOU WANT]

12 -
10 -
8 -
6 -
4 -
2 -
-(You don't give points to the bottom three in your rank)-

YOU WILL BE ABLE TO VOTE UNTIL 9TH APRIL AT 8PM GMT START VOTING NOW!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates