NATION

PASSWORD

The Magarati Succession Crisis (TWI ONLY | OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:41 pm

Brulafi wrote:-snip-

Kamatpur would work for the trapped tourist thing and Shakti Khor for other.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:43 pm

Scantarbia wrote:Golden Library? Why it is named like that?

For the gold foil covering upper portion of the building.

And my IC constitution

Scantarbia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Scantarbia » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:46 pm

Athara Magarat wrote:
Scantarbia wrote:Golden Library? Why it is named like that?

For the gold foil covering upper portion of the building.

Does it contains anything important?

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:17 am

Scantarbia wrote:For the gold foil covering upper portion of the building.

Does it contains anything important?[/quote]
Not necessarily. Just books and some artifacts that we stole from across the Isles :P

And my IC constitution

Alteran Republics
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alteran Republics » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:53 am

Sorry I missed this. As your northern neighbour (and thus, likely to be affected by citizens fleeing the violence) I'm assuming Altera would have to respond in some shape or form.

Whether it's humanitarian aid, sending peacekeepers to create green zones - or full-blown military intervention; Altera will be involved in some shape or form.

GOV.ALT
| Home | Overview | History | Economics | Government | Military | Language |
The Portal to the Alteran Intranet
Proud member of The Western Isles.
32 - M - Libertarian - Civil Servant

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:33 am

Alteran Republics wrote:Sorry I missed this. As your northern neighbour (and thus, likely to be affected by citizens fleeing the violence) I'm assuming Altera would have to respond in some shape or form.

Whether it's humanitarian aid, sending peacekeepers to create green zones - or full-blown military intervention; Altera will be involved in some shape or form.

Please do :)

And my IC constitution

Negarakita
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Negarakita » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:08 pm

Morenia would give the central government aid, potentially even military peacekeepers.
Muslim revert, supporting wasatiyyah for a true and moderate expression of our faith. Political centrist.

Noronica
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2015

Postby Noronica » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:38 am

Right, here to support Magarati remilitarisation and to secure the canal with Altera!

How did you envision this playing out AM?

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:13 pm

Noronica wrote:Right, here to support Magarati remilitarisation and to secure the canal with Altera!

Sorry for the late reply.

It is going to be a reboot (perhaps even a new IC thread); I guess. The civil war happened; but only in Khumbuwan now (not everywhere at same time). Said rebels were easily crushed after a missile loaded with sarin gas attack happened (the gov obviously will blame factions within the rebellion...Brulafi's and Ahnslen media already covered this)...and the remnants escaped to the Central Canal (who the Magarati gov has accused from Day 1 of funding the Khumbuwani rebels). There will be an ultimatum sent to the Central Canal and obviously they would reject it. And we do an Operation Bring Rebels Back which is totally not an invasion. The Magarati-Alteran/Noronnican occupation was Alteran Republics idea (and he is right next door) so he will also be involved. You are considered the No 1 Ally of both these nations and obviously you will be involved as well. If you could do a favor, perhaps in your news post, you can agree with the Magarati gov claim that the rebel factions launched sarin gas attack on themselves (no matter how ridiculous it sounds) and help in the League I guess (AM ICly does not have a great rep in the League :P ) and even say the Brulafi media reports were sourceless.

I will do a news post (it won't be a great new post though) that says the Magarati gov seeks international support in bringing the rebels to justice (obviously asking you for help).

After the occupation takes place, San Montagna (he's active nowadays) and Razzgriz (who have been watching the Magaratis and secretly discussing defense pacts/alliances). And yeah, you mentioned Razz being a member of the Eastern Commonwealth to be a problem. We will need to talk to Razz as well about this but everything so far and the San Montagna situation. They have been warming up towards the disgruntled Chathaese in AM, who want a united Chatha (there are obviously factions but most Chathaese don't care whether they will be independent nation, under SM or AM as long as they are united) who are realizing that as long as Marubhumi Hangate keeps bribing central gov officials, they will never be united.

And my IC constitution

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:32 pm

And my IC constitution

Brulafi
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brulafi » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:26 pm

Athara Magarat wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=337003&p=36915592#p36915592

Relevant news

Sorry I haven't posted in the IC yet. I'll get cracking on those character RPs in the next couple of days.
⬛⬛
Proud member of The Western Isles. Check it out!

I do not use NS stats.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:10 am

Athara Magarat wrote:
Noronica wrote:Right, here to support Magarati remilitarisation and to secure the canal with Altera!

Sorry for the late reply.

It is going to be a reboot (perhaps even a new IC thread); I guess. The civil war happened; but only in Khumbuwan now (not everywhere at same time). Said rebels were easily crushed after a missile loaded with sarin gas attack happened (the gov obviously will blame factions within the rebellion...Brulafi's and Ahnslen media already covered this)...and the remnants escaped to the Central Canal (who the Magarati gov has accused from Day 1 of funding the Khumbuwani rebels). There will be an ultimatum sent to the Central Canal and obviously they would reject it. And we do an Operation Bring Rebels Back which is totally not an invasion. The Magarati-Alteran/Noronnican occupation was Alteran Republics idea (and he is right next door) so he will also be involved. You are considered the No 1 Ally of both these nations and obviously you will be involved as well. If you could do a favor, perhaps in your news post, you can agree with the Magarati gov claim that the rebel factions launched sarin gas attack on themselves (no matter how ridiculous it sounds) and help in the League I guess (AM ICly does not have a great rep in the League :P ) and even say the Brulafi media reports were sourceless.

I will do a news post (it won't be a great new post though) that says the Magarati gov seeks international support in bringing the rebels to justice (obviously asking you for help).

After the occupation takes place, San Montagna (he's active nowadays) and Razzgriz (who have been watching the Magaratis and secretly discussing defense pacts/alliances). And yeah, you mentioned Razz being a member of the Eastern Commonwealth to be a problem. We will need to talk to Razz as well about this but everything so far and the San Montagna situation. They have been warming up towards the disgruntled Chathaese in AM, who want a united Chatha (there are obviously factions but most Chathaese don't care whether they will be independent nation, under SM or AM as long as they are united) who are realizing that as long as Marubhumi Hangate keeps bribing central gov officials, they will never be united.

I'm writing up the news post, but I just had a thought, is Van happy with an invasion of the canal?

Alteran Republics
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Alteran Republics » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:47 pm

Altera will be going in with the honest intention of peacekeeping and setting up "Green Zones" for Alteran workers and workers of Alteran companies in the district. As the chaos ensumes, Altera's hand will be forced and have to prop-up local government with military assets. Noronica and ECIS will be called in at the last minute to help give a picture of international cooperation and totally not Altera annexing the northern region in order to assist maintain the peace. Altera may be close, but no one country can feasibly pour in assets without serious risking their own defense.

... which would then set the stage for Phase Two.

*hastily hides a map of Athara Magarat with 'MINE!' written all over*

GOV.ALT

Alteran Republics
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Alteran Republics » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:51 pm

*le speeding towards the canal in le tank*
*aiming to jump le canal in said tank*

Noronica wrote:I'm writing up the news post, but I just had a thought, is Van happy with an invasion of the canal?

*applies le brakes*
Last edited by Alteran Republics on Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GOV.ALT

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:22 pm

Noronica wrote:I'm writing up the news post, but I just had a thought, is Van happy with an invasion of the canal?

https://www.nationstates.net/page=displ ... art=561675

He's cool with this.

And my IC constitution

Magtel
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Magtel » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:38 pm

Hey Athara Magarat!

So I know old Imperial Era war criminals running away to my nation after the war was meant to be a bit of a joke, but if you wanted to lay into that and write some of your monarchist characters staying in remote mansions in Magtel, drawing up their war plans and having covert meetings with foreign representatives or something that might be a cool idea for some extra world building for this RP!
Also, this seems like a great RP for me to try and get in on as a new TWI member, although I am planning on setting up Magtel as a pretty militarised 'neutral' player in international conflicts (a la Switzerland), so don't think I'd be getting too involved as nation outside of providing humanitarian aid once the conflicts in the south involving the Chathaese breaks out. But I saw your post earlier in this OOC thread about rping as a person instead, so if it's okay with you, I'd be keen to participate as an 'NPC' of sorts if that's possible!
If there are any kind of characters you are particularly keen on seeing then let me know and I can conjure something up. And if the scale of the story starts to go beyond that character, then I can always transition into writing as a nation from there onward.
Last edited by Magtel on Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:52 pm

Magtel wrote:Hey Athara Magarat!

So I know old Imperial Era war criminals running away to my nation after the war was meant to be a bit of a joke, but if you wanted to lay into that and write some of your monarchist characters staying in remote mansions in Magtel, drawing up their war plans and having covert meetings with foreign representatives or something that might be a cool idea for some extra world building for this RP!
Also, this seems like a great RP for me to try and get in on as a new TWI member, although I am planning on setting up Magtel as a pretty militarised 'neutral' player in international conflicts (a la Switzerland), so don't think I'd be getting too involved as nation outside of providing humanitarian aid once the conflicts in the south involving the Chathaese breaks out. But I saw your post earlier in this OOC thread about rping as a person instead, so if it's okay with you, I'd be keen to participate as an 'NPC' of sorts if that's possible!
If there are any kind of characters you are particularly keen on seeing then let me know and I can conjure something up. And if the scale of the story starts to go beyond that character, then I can always transition into writing as a nation from there onward.

Awesome!

And my IC constitution

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:56 am

I posted in the news! Sorry about it taking so long

"Both the ruthless killers and leaderless dissidents now try to seek safe haven in the Central Canal, and so we as a government stand resolute behind our oldest ally Athara Magarat and its ultimatum. To the Central Canal Authority, do not attempt to play politics here and give ordinary Magarati citizens justice and extradite these murderers."

viewtopic.php?p=36937715#p36937715

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:17 am

Noronica wrote:I posted in the news! Sorry about it taking so long

"Both the ruthless killers and leaderless dissidents now try to seek safe haven in the Central Canal, and so we as a government stand resolute behind our oldest ally Athara Magarat and its ultimatum. To the Central Canal Authority, do not attempt to play politics here and give ordinary Magarati citizens justice and extradite these murderers."

viewtopic.php?p=36937715#p36937715

Awesome! It is major PR boost (domestically and both internationally) for Mag gov to get IC backing.

And no probs about the time thing :)

I think we have enough casus belli to get officially started there, right Alteran Republics? I mean...four days have already passed and I see no Khumbuwani separatists returned back to my border :P

And my IC constitution

Alteran Republics
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Alteran Republics » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:41 pm

News posted. So, the aim of the ADF is to stop potential damage from an Athara-led invasion from heading north of the canal; so Altera is to deploy its rapid-reaction forces to secure key assets in the district north of the canal (power, government, water, etc) as well as any bridges along the canal.

Speaking of which, do we have a detailed map of the region; or was that all part of the work-in-progress? I can work without one, we'll just need to decide on how many bridges there are for the time being.

GOV.ALT

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:50 pm

Alteran Republics wrote:News posted. So, the aim of the ADF is to stop potential damage from an Athara-led invasion from heading north of the canal; so Altera is to deploy its rapid-reaction forces to secure key assets in the district north of the canal (power, government, water, etc) as well as any bridges along the canal.

Speaking of which, do we have a detailed map of the region; or was that all part of the work-in-progress? I can work without one, we'll just need to decide on how many bridges there are for the time being.

Unfortunately, we don't have any maps right now. Around 16-17 bridges I guess?

And my IC constitution

Scantarbia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Scantarbia » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:59 am

Wouldn't it be bad if say, those bridges suddenly disappear?

Alteran Republics
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Alteran Republics » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:27 am

Athara Magarat wrote:
Alteran Republics wrote:News posted. So, the aim of the ADF is to stop potential damage from an Athara-led invasion from heading north of the canal; so Altera is to deploy its rapid-reaction forces to secure key assets in the district north of the canal (power, government, water, etc) as well as any bridges along the canal.

Unfortunately, we don't have any maps right now. Around 16-17 bridges I guess?

Even the Suez doesn't have that many! Can we tone that down to four, one of them being a railway bridge. If the canal is as wide as the Suez (or wider) bridges would be expensive ... Maybe add a tunnel to, so there are 5 crossings?

GOV.ALT

Alteran Republics
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Alteran Republics » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:28 am

Scantarbia wrote:Wouldn't it be bad if say, those bridges suddenly disappear?

You'd be killing civilians and possible Alteran Defence Force soldiers - so that wouldn't make you look good internationally.

GOV.ALT

Scantarbia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Scantarbia » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:49 am

Alteran Republics wrote:You'd be killing civilians and possible Alteran Defence Force soldiers - so that wouldn't make you look good internationally.

Both side of the conflict can use these chokepoints to deny movement, but not me, I have no interest in actively intervening yet.

Probably we can cook some rumors to heat things up? An Alterran stealth reconnaissance drone making an emergency landing in Marubhumi Center for Radio Astronomy (MCRA)'s airfield? That's a Scantarbian controlled air base used to station drones and resupply this remote radio astronomy array

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents