NATION

PASSWORD

Memoirs of a Regicide (Star Wars/Political/OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Empire of Tau » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:30 pm

Puertollano, I think you and me would also have history too.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:55 pm

Okay, post is up. And Empire of Tau, that 'old aquaintance' bit is for you.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:01 pm

I posted too. I invoked the NPP, the Freedom Fighters and the Hutts at the end.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:02 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:Puertollano, I think you and me would also have history too.

Quite possibly, actually. If you have membership spanning across the galaxy, I suspect some members of the Partisans might be members of the NPP too.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:11 pm

Puertollano wrote:
The Empire of Tau wrote:Puertollano, I think you and me would also have history too.

Quite possibly, actually. If you have membership spanning across the galaxy, I suspect some members of the Partisans might be members of the NPP too.

Think that we worked together before?

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:12 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:
Puertollano wrote:

Think that we worked together before?

Maybe, but would have surely known about each other already.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:13 pm

Puertollano wrote:I posted too. I invoked the NPP, the Freedom Fighters and the Hutts at the end.

I am hoping the Hutts agree so that when Gobroo also agrees, everyone else can point fingers and accuse him of treason for conspiring with what are effectively giant-size (literally) space mob bosses.
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are not used.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:15 pm

Actually, I'm not sure how much direct control I've got over the Hutts themselves. Tiasha's their representative, but she's hardly on the level of the Council itself. Though if GCOCS let's me respond on their behalf to keep things simple, that could work.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Mirial Magna
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirial Magna » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:20 pm

Application
Personal information
Name: Fensell Staiar
Species: Human
Appearance: Stands at 5'9, lean build, light brown hair with white streaks.
Planet of origin: Naboo
Rank and title: (formerly) Naboo Minister of Transportation (currently) New Republic Engineer Corps
Short biography: Fensell Staiar was born in the frigid mountains of northern Naboo, 21 years before the Trade Federation invaded the planet. His parents were accomplished engineers, and were in contact with the Techno Union to find a job for their son. When the Trade Federation attacked, their contact was killed in the assault on the Lucrehulk. But Fensell Staiar wasn't deterred. He soon found a job with the Naboo government as a civil engineer.

In the time leading up to the Clone Wars, Fensell would climb up the ranks of the Ministry of Transportation. Along the way, he would also fall in love with and marry Gertruta Smitt. Shortly after their marriage, the Clone Wars broke out and Padme Amidala was involved in the first battle. Initially, word spread that senator Amidala was dead. Though many of the ministers and politicians around Fensell were itching to replace Amidala, Fensell insisted that she was alive and told everyone around him to do the jobs the Naboo trusted them with.

Midway through the war, the Gungans revolted against the Naboo government and joined the Separatists. Fensell made the decision to mobilize the police units and highway garrison to meet the threat. Though the Gungan rebellion ultimately ended with the discovery that General Grievous ordered a sympathetic shaman to hypnotize the Gungan king, Fensell decided to tighten security on underwater routes. This continued until the Queen of the Naboo ordered him to stop.

About 10 years into the reign of the Empire, the 501st legion was deployed to replace the Queen, who was believed to have anti-Imperial sentiments. Having been informed of the coming assault by a rebel spy, Fensell ordered the rigging of all bridges and tunnels that connected the surface to the underwater Gungan cities. When the 501st attempted to use Naboo's infrastructure, they found it more difficult than expected. Luckily, Fensell was able to pass blame over to reactivated droids from the clone wars.

In spite of Fensell's efforts, Naboo ultimately fell under Imperial control. After this, Fensell faked his death and fled the planet to form Victor Cell. Under his command, Victor Cell was instrumental in establishing permanent rebel bases across the galaxy. Victor Cell also ran humanitarian missions on worlds liberated by the rebellion such as Lothal. Though they never saw combat, Victor Cell could be said to be just as important to the rebellion as the Spectres or even Phoenix Cell.

Political information
Political views: The authority of the Republic must be upheld to prevent another Clone War. The integrity of the Republic must be upheld to prevent another Empire.
Political faction and subfaction: New Republic - Centralists
Organisational allegiance: New Republic Engineer Corps
Position within galactic government: N/A, could become minister
Political goal: Aiding refugees and rebuilding the economy.
Favourable factions: Centralists, Amidalists, Early Imperials
Unfavourable factions: Decentralists, Warlords, Separatists
Key issue: The economy

Additional
Relations with other players:
Additional info:

Let's hope you accept second-try applications.
Last edited by Mirial Magna on Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abril 8, 4020: The Republic has tracked General Grievous to Utapau! Perhaps this terrible clone war is finally coming to an end, even if we are on the losing side.

We do not use NS stats, but we do use the outcome of events.
❂Put this in your sig if you don't trust China on account of them being asshoe.❂
------------ Me and the boys sneaking into this signature.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:21 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:
Puertollano wrote:I posted too. I invoked the NPP, the Freedom Fighters and the Hutts at the end.

I am hoping the Hutts agree so that when Gobroo also agrees, everyone else can point fingers and accuse him of treason for conspiring with what are effectively giant-size (literally) space mob bosses.

Why do you hope your own leader is accused of treason?
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Mirial Magna
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mirial Magna » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:22 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Danubian Peoples wrote:I am hoping the Hutts agree so that when Gobroo also agrees, everyone else can point fingers and accuse him of treason for conspiring with what are effectively giant-size (literally) space mob bosses.

So he can take over, of course.
Abril 8, 4020: The Republic has tracked General Grievous to Utapau! Perhaps this terrible clone war is finally coming to an end, even if we are on the losing side.

❂Put this in your sig if you don't trust China on account of them being asshoe.❂

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:36 pm

:?:
Puertollano wrote:
Danubian Peoples wrote:I am hoping the Hutts agree so that when Gobroo also agrees, everyone else can point fingers and accuse him of treason for conspiring with what are effectively giant-size (literally) space mob bosses.

This is roleplay. I am not trying to win, I'm trying to make a fun story. And at the moment, the Freedom Fighters potentially exploding sounds pretty fun.

EDIT: Perhaps treason was a bit harsh of a word. I meant to say 'judgemental looks of disapproval.'
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NS stats are not used.

Mirial Magna
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mirial Magna » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:46 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote::?:
Puertollano wrote:

This is roleplay. I am not trying to win, I'm trying to make a fun story. And at the moment, the Freedom Fighters potentially exploding sounds pretty fun.

EDIT: Perhaps treason was a bit harsh of a word. I meant to say 'judgemental looks of disapproval.'

Is there something about Hutt culture that makes glaring as bad as treason?

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:50 pm

Mirial Magna wrote:
Danubian Peoples wrote::?:

Is there something about Hutt culture that makes glaring as bad as treason?

Oh no no no. What I mean by these posts is that, Gobroo's subordinates are going to disagree with him when he 'teams up' with the Hutts. They're going to doubt him even more because these Hutts are also slaveholders, slaveholders who have a vested interest in throwing a wrech in emancipation. These subordinates will go glare with disapproval in a sense, basically saying, 'I don't like that decision' and building
The foundation for a potential escalation.
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are not used.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:02 pm

Dalria wrote:Well you always have a friend with the ExO representing for the corporate interest of the Corporate Sector Authority!

Hah, I think their interests couldn't have aligned better to be honest. Two semi-autonomous regions with vested interests in limiting the Republic's influence over them, while also fighting against any government regulations that could impact their operations. Though which at the same time don't want to see the galaxy descend into all-out conflict.

Puertollano wrote:I think the Partisans can work well with the Hutts too.

I can definitely see that working - though the Hutts might be slightly cautious about antagonising the Republic through a military alliance. The Clone Wars and the CIS weren't great for business either, and they'd not be in favour of restarting an old inner-vs-outer rim war.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:07 pm

Thus, the game of politics starts.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:20 pm

RIP my slowness and eagerness to be lore friendly.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Aotearoan confederation of iwi
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Aotearoan confederation of iwi » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:43 pm

Application
Personal information
Name: Major Azil Baal
Species:Human
Appearance: A relatively short but powerful man with a darker skin tone and hair. Uniform is reminiscent of the old Storm Commandos
Planet of origin: Arbular
Rank and title: Major
Short biography: From the moment Azil saw a Storm Trooper he knew what he wanted to be. He was in love with imperial power as it marched into his small home town, he was impressed by the wealth that flowed into it as the area as hard wood lumber and cash crop farming businesses they brought with them popped up and he appreciated the security they provided in his area which had still been a battleground for brigands and the like since the end of the clone wars. And so aged fourteen he joined the storm trooper program at an imperial academy. His talent was quickly identified and he was transferred into a special program for training officers of the Storm Trooper Commandos.

It was into this environment Azil first saw combat. Considered a good officer he was a talented leader he became respected by the men he commanded, tactically adept he had a decisiveness that aided with a great ability to switch between subtler forms of combat and hard hitting aggressive fighting. And where he believed it necessary ruthless. As such he increased in rank over the next few years from second lieutenant up to Major. But with the destruction of Alderaan first then the destruction of the first death star steadily undermined his belief in the empire. In its invincibility and in the righteousness of his action. It was not long before the Battle of Endor that he swapped sides. It was on an outer territory world that was in the process of falling to the rebellion, as imperial forces retreated across the surface of the planet the imperial intelligence officer he had been assigned to work under ordered him to massacre the inhabitants of a camp of prisoners and refugees before it could be liberated by the rebellion. In a bitter argument with his superior the intelligence officer went for his side arm and Azil shot the man dead. Knowing he had crossed the Rubicon he defected to the Rebels taking around a company of his men with him with the rest being given the opportunity to peacefully disband or safe passage back to imperial territory with the prisoners of the camp as a bargaining chip. When the second death star was destroyed Azil became sure he had made the right choice and was given permission to lead his company of defectors to help deal with imperial pockets. Understanding the thinking of imperial officers in some cases he managed to negotiate surrenders and defections. In others his understanding of imperial tactics allowed him to purge pockets of imperial hold outs as the rebels fought the major imperial hold outs. Over this time Azil collected a larger force primarily of defectors from elite imperial forces like his old commandos brining his command back up to battalion sized.

More recently this has been made official as the 13th Neo Republican Commando Battalion with Azil regaining the rank of Major in the Republic's army. While this has been used in conventional military it has also seen action in unconventional ways. This has ranged from counter terror ops to larger scale assaults on the battalion or greater scale against imperial hold outs to what more or less amounted to kill squad assassinations against political targets of various natures in a legally dubious fashion.

Political information
Political views: Has something of an authoritarian streak believing in the necessity of a strong central goverment with a strong executive although he is yet undecided if this should be a kind of constitutional emperor decided by a plebiscite or something like a Chancellor. While he still believes such a government requires the backing of military force and sometimes violence he has also come to believe that it requires some kind of popular mandate for the most stability.
Political faction and subfaction: Not officially a member of any party, flirts with the Centralists and Early Imperialist factions primarily.
Organisational allegiance: New Republic Government and military
Position within galactic government: Major.
Political goal: Stability
Favourable factions: Early Imperials, Centralists and to a lesser extent Amidalists.
Unfavourable factions: Palpatinists, radicals, Separatists, warlords.
Key issue:(maybe veterans?) Also has a lot personally at stake with limiting the extent of war crimes trials and the down sizing of the military.

Additional
Relations with other players: None yet but if someone wants i'd be happy to establish some.
Additional info:

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:52 pm

Hoping more people post to the IC soon. Since my post and Portellano's were both in a sense 'letters' to some other RPer, I'm really hoping for a response soon. As well as some unrelated posts.
NS stats are not used.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:26 pm

Figured I'd just through this in here, I think that this is the canonical map of the Star Wars Galaxy, so it might help to have it for quick reference for people not otherwise aware of who or what might be passing through their backyards...
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Mirial Magna
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mirial Magna » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:37 pm

Naboo is right next to the Sith world.

Also there's a planet called Seoul.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:10 pm

Mirial Magna wrote:Naboo is right next to the Sith world.

Is there a problem with any of that? There's also a species in Star Wars named Calamari and space battles resemble WWII Naval Battles.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:28 pm

Kassaran wrote:
Mirial Magna wrote:Naboo is right next to the Sith world.

Is there a problem with any of that? There's also a species in Star Wars named Calamari and space battles resemble WWII Naval Battles.

It's not nearly as bad as other names for things from/in space. Stellaris will occasionly spit out a Covfefe star system for instance.

But anyway, looks like things are shaping up. Gobroo will porbably be piqued by an alliance offer from somewhat like-minded radicals.
NS stats are not used.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:09 pm

So it is that the first of the Imperials makes their presence known.

bloody hell, mate.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:24 pm

Kassaran wrote:So it is that the first of the Imperials makes their presence known.

Pretty neat! Hope to see some Covylus in New Republic politics.
NS stats are not used.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse