NATION

PASSWORD

Are you allowed to make multiple API Templates?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Superbunny
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Are you allowed to make multiple API Templates?

Postby Superbunny » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:28 pm

I was working on setting up auto-recruitment on another nation of mine, and I wrote up my telegram and sent it to tag:api. Unfortunately, I noticed a grammar mistake that really, really irks me. Unfortunately, I can't edit already sent telegrams, so is it considered okay if I make a new one? I assumed it would be considered spam or something and I wanted to be sure.
-Queen Ashley Ninelives the First
Anthropomorphic Cat Queen of Superbunny

The East won the West not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in giving native tribes fatal illness. Easterners often forget this fact; non-Easterners never do.

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:05 pm

You can create a new recruitment telegram to replace an existing telegram, but I think it is not a good idea (even if not illegal) to send a new recruitment telegrams to nations which you already sent the previous recruitment telegram too recently.

Any replacement recruitment telegram campaign must also respect the rate limit of 1 telegram every 180 seconds.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:24 pm

Minoa wrote: I think it is not a good idea (even if not illegal) to send a new recruitment telegrams to nations which you already sent the previous recruitment telegram too recently.

I'm pretty sure that the API key has a built-in limit that prevents the same region from sending a telegram more than once every 28 days. Besides, most people send recruitment TGs to tag:new and tag:refounded, so resending isn't really possible within the 28 day window.

TG API rules wrote:API Client Keys are tied to a particular region, and each region may only have one (although they can be revoked and re-issued). Multiple people and scripts within a region can use the same API Client Key. If they do, they will be bound by the same rate limit: that is, when anyone uses the API Client Key to send a recruitment telegram, no-one else using the same API Client Key will be able to send more messages until the rate limit expires.

Return to Technical