NATION

PASSWORD

The Global Free Trade Consortium (GFTC) [Open/MT]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Port Ember
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Port Ember » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:37 am

Nikoland Piczi wrote:Dear GFTC Administrator,

Nikoland Piczi is the administrator nation of the ULNEB (United League of Nations Economic Block), an economic block in the ULN region.
I was wondering if you are interested in establishing trade links between economic blocs by reducing tariffs between members of both economic blocs.

This would be a great step towards global economic interconnectivity and would strengthen the economies of each block, generating a market with greater demand, more export/import destinations and new commercial alliances that would strengthen bilateral links between nations.

Thank you for your time and we send you our best regards.

ULNEB's General Direction
Nklandia Metropolitan City, Nikoland Piczi.

OOC:

Thanks for the post!

However, unfortunately due to the nature of our Consortium I cannot make such calls by myself. I will have to call up a debate on the topic. I will reply IC on this tread as soon as my Consortium has come to a conclusion. Thanks for understanding!
♤ And my proudest work - Hydra Industries - I created all my own military equipment.
♤ A great RP resource -The Average Port Emberian
Port Emberian Embassy Program
♤ My Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/ufkwkCh
However only for members of the GFTC

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:45 am

Upfetra wrote:
Application for Membership within the GFTC

Nation Name: Upfetra

Head of State: President Maya Ferry

Minister of Economy (or equivelant): Minister of Trade and Tourism Jack Lee

Contact Person to GFTC: Ken Walker, Head of the Permanent Delegation of Upfetra

Type of Government System: Democratic

Type of Economic System: Capitalist

Major Imports: food and beverages, clothes, vehicles, computers, jewelry

Major Exports: Tobacco, liquor, machinery and transport equipment

Main Economic Strength: Services Industry (Gambling, Financial, Tourism, Logistics)

Do you sign compliance to the GFTC Constitution?: Yes

Will you send a permanent office delegation to the headuarters of the GFTC?: Yes

Any Additional Notes:

Address To:

Ken Walker
Global Free Trade Consortium
Member State Representative
Republic of Upfetra

Address From:

Chairman Tony Muller
Office of the Chairman
Jenny Jenkins Tower
Financial District
Lilly Black Borough
Port Ember Megalopolis
Republic of Port Ember

Subject: RE: Membership Application.

Dear Mr Walker.

I would like to both thank you for taking an interest in this available oppertunity, and congratulate you on seeing the value of seizing this oppertunity.

After a quick review of your general status regarding your economical statistics and of your nation in general, and after the processing of your application administration - I may hereby announce the joyfull newa that your nation have been Accepted into the Consortium!

I bid you a hearty congratulations and a warm welcome. I foresee that together we will usher in a new era of global financial wealth and hope.

Please note that all members of the Consortium will respect and honour any import regulations, as the Consortium firmly believes in respecting each other's local laws and customs.

If there are any queries please do not hesitate to contact my office, and know that my office door is always open for your personnel manning your office in the Jenny Jenkins tower.

To your Health & Wealth!!!

Signed
Chairman Tony Muller
Chairman - Global Free Trade Consortium

♤ And my proudest work - Hydra Industries - I created all my own military equipment.

Nacrad
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2020

Postby Nacrad » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:25 am

Nation Name: Federal Republic of Nacrad

Head of State: Matthew Y. Smith

Minister of Economy (or equivelant): Minister of Commerce and Tourism, Mr. James Smith

Contact Person to GFTC: Ms. Trinity Amelia White

Type of Government System: Semi-parliamentary Federal Republic

Major Imports: Steel

Major Exports: Automobiles

Main Economic Strength: Manufacturing, tourism, service

Will you send a permanent office delegation to the headuarters of the GFTC?: Yes

Any Additional Notes:
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah
Pronouns: She/They

Basically the result of Anglo-Dutch quarrels on who can profit more from Mingsplosion, coming to a retcon near you!

International News: HUNGARY IS OUT: Hungary quits the Warsaw Pact | Greece legalises same-sex marriage
Domestic News: 16 FEB 2024 (FRI) | Year of the Dragon: 10% birth rate boost expected, says Dept. of Health | CSG Resolute departs for ally visit | Highways & Transport Dept. revives M17 Motorway project between Namchon, KX and Samming, LK
Weather: Riverfort 23/27°C | Amoy 19/21°C | Taipei 23/25°C | Namchon 13/26°C

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:53 am

Nacrad wrote:

Nation Name: Federal Republic of Nacrad

Head of State: Matthew Y. Smith

Minister of Economy (or equivelant): Minister of Commerce and Tourism, Mr. James Smith

Contact Person to GFTC: Ms. Trinity Amelia White

Type of Government System: Semi-parliamentary Federal Republic

Major Imports: Steel

Major Exports: Automobiles

Main Economic Strength: Manufacturing, tourism, service

Any Additional Notes:

Address To:

Trinity Amelia White
The Federal Republic of Nacrad

Address From:

Chairman Tony Muller
Office of the Chairman
Jenny Jenkins Tower
Financial District
Lilly Black Borough
Port Ember Megalopolis
Republic of Port Ember

Dear Ms White.

I would like to both thank you for taking an interest in this available oppertunity, and congratulate you on seeing the value of seizing this oppertunity.

After a quick review of your general status regarding your economical statistics and of your nation in general, and after the processing of your application administration - I may hereby announce the joyfull newa that your nation have been Accepted into the Consortium!

I bid you a hearty congratulations and a warm welcome. I foresee that together we will usher in a new era of global financial wealth and hope.

Please note that all members of the Consortium will respect and honour any import regulations, as the Consortium firmly believes in respecting each other's local laws and customs.

If there are any queries please do not hesitate to contact my office, and know that my office door is always open for your personnel manning your office in the Jenny Jenkins tower.

Signed
Chairman Tony Muller

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:34 pm

Nikoland Piczi wrote:Dear GFTC Administrator,

Nikoland Piczi is the administrator nation of the ULNEB (United League of Nations Economic Block), an economic block in the ULN region.
I was wondering if you are interested in establishing trade links between economic blocs by reducing tariffs between members of both economic blocs.

This would be a great step towards global economic interconnectivity and would strengthen the economies of each block, generating a market with greater demand, more export/import destinations and new commercial alliances that would strengthen bilateral links between nations.

Thank you for your time and we send you our best regards.

ULNEB's General Direction
(Image)
Nklandia Metropolitan City, Nikoland Piczi.

For more information about the block, visit the following factbook about it:

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1313973

Address To:

United League of Nations Economic Block
UNLEB Administrator
Nklandia Metropolitan City
Nikoland Piczi

Address From:

Chairman Tony Muller
Office of the Chairman
Jenny Jenkins Tower
Financial District
Lilly Black Borough
Port Ember Megalopolis
Republic of Port Ember

Subject: RE: Establishing Trade Links.

To whom it may concernl.

Greetings on behalf of the Global Free Trade Consortium!

Today I am writing to you on behalf of the Consortium in my capacity as the Chairman of the organisation, and thus its Administrator.

Firstly, I would like to point out the fact that the entire Consortium was honoured and humbled by the approach of such a reputable organisation such as the UNLEB, and we all appreciate the gesture.

Now, to address the current topic of the day, which is your proposal to establish Trade Links between our organisations. The Consortium have met to discuss this topic, and we have come up with a conclusive solution. Unfortunately, your organisation might not be fully satisfied with our response, yet its the only workable solution availabe.

Unfortunately I cannot agree to your generous proposal outright, due to the nature of the Consortium and its constitution. The Consortium can by no means force legislation upon its member nations, no matter how benificial it might be.

However, the Consortium has drafted a alternative agreement, which you may peruse at your leasure and deliver comments to my office. Here follows our proposal:

Reciprocal Trade Agreement Proposal between the Global Free Trade Consortium and the United League of Nations Economic Bock

Article 1: Setting of Parties

The Global Free Trade Consortium, (hereby known as the Consortium) hereby proposes a Reciprocal Trade Agreement with the United League of Nations Economic Block (hereby known as the UNLEB).

Article 2a: Trade Agreement Specifics

This Recipitoral Trade Agreement may in no means be enforced upon any nation, whether being a member of either the GFTB or the UNLEB.

Article 2b: Trade Agreement Specifics

This Reciprocal Trade Agreement allows individual members nations from each party to engage one another - on a voluntary basis - to engage in talks relating to lowering or scrapping trade tariffs on goods imported/exported between the nations in question.

Article 2c: Trade Agreement Specifics

This Reciprocal Trade Agreement is based on a pure Reciprocal basis, enforcing both involved parties to set the same percentage of trade tariffs both ways.

If there are any queries please do not hesitate to contact my office.

Signed
Chairman Tony Muller

Last edited by Port Ember on Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Delmonte
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:56 am

Nation Name: The Most Serene Republic of Delmonte

Head of State: Il Serenissimo, Cesare Di Canossa

Minister of Economy (or equivelant): Cardinal Archbishop Raccio

Contact Person to GFTC: Lucovico Di Canossa, Chancellor of Foreign Nations

Type of Government System: Vaguely democratic oligarchy

Type of Economic System: Relatively free market

Major Imports: Food, medicine, raw materials.

Major Exports: Wine, gold, luxury food.

Main Economic Strength: Trade

Will you send a permanent office delegation to the headquarters of the GFTC?: Yes

Any Additional Notes:
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
[15:35] <Tag> I can only presume it is treasure.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
<Delmonte> Metaphorically kill their metaphorical family.
Code: Select all
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

The man from Delmonte says yes.

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:10 pm

Delmonte wrote:

Nation Name: The Most Serene Republic of Delmonte

Head of State: Il Serenissimo, Cesare Di Canossa

Minister of Economy (or equivelant): Cardinal Archbishop Raccio

Contact Person to GFTC: Lucovico Di Canossa, Chancellor of Foreign Nations

Type of Government System: Vaguely democratic oligarchy

Type of Economic System: Relatively free market

Major Imports: Food, medicine, raw materials.

Major Exports: Wine, gold, luxury food.

Main Economic Strength: Trade

Will you send a permanent office delegation to the headquarters of the GFTC?: Yes

Any Additional Notes:

Address To:

Lucovico Di Canossa
The Most Serene Republic of Delmonte

Address From:

Chairman Tony Muller
Office of the Chairman
Jenny Jenkins Tower
Financial District
Lilly Black Borough
Port Ember Megalopolis
Republic of Port Ember

Dear Mr Di Canossa.

Signed
Chairman Tony Muller

Last edited by Port Ember on Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:56 am

FLEET ADMIRAL, PALMYRIAN MERCHANT MARINE COOPERATIVE
Valencia Harbor, Navotas City, Metro Aragon
Royal Palmyrian Commonwealth
(034) 546-8970 | fleet_admiral@palmyrianmerchantmarine.com

3 MAR 2020

Chairman Tony Muller
Global Free Trade Consortium - Office of the Chairman
Jenny Jenkins Tower, Financial District
Lilly Black Borough, Port Ember Megalopolis
Republic of Port Ember 00079

Dear Chairman Muller,

The offers, admittedly lucrative as they are, put forth by the Port Emberian Naval Transport Programme would surely be of great benefit to the member-states of the Global Free Trade Consortium that will partake in it, and as the Fleet Admiral and the Commanding Officer of the Palmyrian Merchant Marine Cooperative, I believe it will be of great benefit to our merchant fleet.

While Palmyrion's domestic industries have done well in providing world-class goods and services to the Merchant Marine, the Merchant Marine Cooperative is in need of new contractors for construction and maintenance of its vessels so we can expand our options as well as cope with the increasing demands brought by a growing Merchant Marine. The offers by Maritime Transport Ltd and Finigan Shipyards Ltd would surely be of great benefit for the PMMC at a competitive price. However, while I approve of this offer, I should refer this to the Palmyrian Department of Trade and Industry for their approval of your intention to do business in the Royal Commonwealth.

We gladly accept your offer and are thankful for it, and we await your most esteemed reply.

Sincerely Yours,
[digitally signed]
FADM Jeremy Isaiah Balingod
Fleet Admiral and Commanding Officer
Palmyrian Merchant Marine Cooperative

Royal Palmyrian Commonwealth Official Standardized Communique v2.0 | Encrypted Using SHA3-512
For Official Government Use Only | Misuse Will Be Penalised
Copyright 2020 by the Department of Information and Communications Technology, All Rights Reserved
Last edited by Palmyrion on Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:58 pm

Palmyrion wrote:
FLEET ADMIRAL, PALMYRIAN MERCHANT MARINE COOPERATIVE

3 MAR 2020

Chairman Tony Muller

Dear Chairman Muller,

The offers, admittedly lucrative as they are, put forth by the Port Emberian Naval Transport Programme would surely be of great benefit to the member-states of the Global Free Trade Consortium that will partake in it, and as the Fleet Admiral and the Commanding Officer of the Palmyrian Merchant Marine Cooperative, I believe it will be of great benefit to our merchant fleet.

While Palmyrion's domestic industries have done well in providing world-class goods and services to the Merchant Marine, the Merchant Marine Cooperative is in need of new contractors for construction and maintenance of its vessels so we can expand our options as well as cope with the increasing demands brought by a growing Merchant Marine. The offers by Maritime Transport Ltd and Finigan Shipyards Ltd would surely be of great benefit for the PMMC at a competitive price. However, while I approve of this offer, I should refer this to the Palmyrian Department of Trade and Industry for their approval of your intention to do business in the Royal Commonwealth.

We gladly accept your offer and are thankful for it, and we await your most esteemed reply.

Sincerely Yours,
[digitally signed]
Fleet Admiral and Commanding Officer

Royal Palmyrian Commonwealth Official Standardized Communique v2.0 | Encrypted Using SHA3-512
Copyright 2020 by the Department of Information and Communications Technology, All Rights Reserved

Address To:

Fleet Admiral
Valencia Harbor
Navotas City
Metro Aragon

Address From:

Chairman Tony Muller
Office of the Chairman
Jenny Jenkins Tower
Financial District
Lilly Black Borough
Port Ember Megalopolis
Republic of Port Ember

Dear Fleet Admiral.

Your listed challenges does not come as a surprise to me, as the shortage of the neccesary resources and infrastructure is the most common challenge any organisation, business or nation is faced with whilst growing and expanding, and is a challenge my nation once faced as well.

My nation has overcome that challenge luckily and has become a major player in the maritime trade sector, and thus grants us the oppertunity to assist our friends and partners with the Port Emberian Maritime Transport Program.

I have approached the involved companies on your behalf upon receiving your correspondance, and have been met with very positive feedback.

Maritime Transport Ltd, as per the terms of the agreement, will offer a 30% total discount on the total cost of a shipment, which includes all expenses - including insurance costs. Furthermore, they have agreed to avail a minimum of 10 x Rydell Class Cargo Vessels to remain on immediate standby for your needs, with the possibility of expanding this number should the need arise. This should surely ease the strain on your logistical network.

Finigan Shipyards Ltd, is willing to open a total of two yards within your nation, to be established immediately following receiving all the required legal hurdles handled. One shipyard will focus on operating solely as a dockyard - offering repairs and maintenance on any class vessel within your fleet. This dockyard will be able to conduct emergency repairs, superficial repairs and routine maintenance within its wet docks, in a rapid manner. It will also contain a dry dock for more extensive work.

The second yard, will serve as a dedicated shipyard, where new vessels will be constructed.

As mentioned before, this company will ensure that 90% of its employees within your borders is locally hired, local resources will be used as far as reasonably possible and a discount offered if your nation is the purchaser of a vessel constructed there.

I understand and respect the legal issue of awaiting permits to establish roots within your great nation, and will await a response patiently.

Once again, thank you for your consideration!

Signed
Chairman Tony Muller

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013

Postby Crysuko » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:42 am

We are proud to announce the latest in our series of consumer PC parts, the Horizon Picasso graphics card!

Using 4th generation 12nm lithography, 1.56Ghz GPU clock speed
2304 stream processors
8GB DDR5 VRAM at 8400MHz
Supports up to 5 outputs
Maximum screen resolution of 4096x2160/60hz
Interface: PCIE 3.0

Includes laser tooled fans and ball bearings for much quieter and efficient fans while maintaining a competitive temperature even while under high load, diamond chokes give unmatched power efficiency, programmable dual BIOS, and full RGB support.

Normally with a RRP of 165 NSD, consortium members can get their hands on them for a mere 130. Order now!
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Willitya
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Willitya » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:05 am

Nation Name: Willitya

Head of State: President Josh Systemos

Minister of Economy (or equivelant): Minister Of Economics And Trade Willow Berina

Contact Person to GFTC: Deputy Minister Of Economics and Trade William Jesthouse

Type of Government System: Direct Democracy

Type of Economic System: Free-Market Capitalism

Major Imports: Iron

Major Exports: Technology, Aircraft, Millitary Products

Main Economic Strength: Technology

Any Additional Notes: No
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
7 News Willitya Headlines: 8 killed in collision between a harbour ferry, The Madison and a small sailing boat, Bounty. An investigation is underway to find the cause. 14/11/2019

5 Peace
4 Threat Of War
3 Small-Scale War
2 Next Step To Global War
1 Global War
I'm a proud member of the Dark Light Family

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:17 am

Willitya wrote:

Nation Name: Willitya

Head of State: President Josh Systemos

Minister of Economy (or equivelant): Minister Of Economics And Trade Willow Berina

Contact Person to GFTC: Deputy Minister Of Economics and Trade William Jesthouse

Type of Government System: Direct Democracy

Type of Economic System: Free-Market Capitalism

Major Imports: Iron

Major Exports: Technology, Aircraft, Millitary Products

Main Economic Strength: Technology

Any Additional Notes: No

Address To:

William Jesthouse
The Democratic Federal Republic of Willitya

Address From:

Chairman Tony Muller
Office of the Chairman
Jenny Jenkins Tower
Financial District
Lilly Black Borough
Port Ember Megalopolis
Republic of Port Ember

Dear Mr Jesthouse.

Signed
Chairman Tony Muller

Last edited by Port Ember on Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:23 am

OOC:

I am proud to announce that the Horizon Tech Company from Crysuko have set up shop (factory actually) within Port Ember. Welcome!

Also, I have set up a Trade Book to log my personal deals and trades that has stemmed from the establishment of this group. Good times!

PE Trade Book

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:30 am

OOC: I'm gonna assume that these companies jointly applied and negotiated with our DTI behind the scenes, as agreed upon in Discord.

Port Ember wrote:

Address To:

Fleet Admiral
Valencia Harbor
Navotas City
Metro Aragon

Address From:

Chairman Tony Muller
Office of the Chairman
Jenny Jenkins Tower
Financial District
Lilly Black Borough
Port Ember Megalopolis
Republic of Port Ember

Dear Fleet Admiral.

Your listed challenges does not come as a surprise to me, as the shortage of the neccesary resources and infrastructure is the most common challenge any organisation, business or nation is faced with whilst growing and expanding, and is a challenge my nation once faced as well.

My nation has overcome that challenge luckily and has become a major player in the maritime trade sector, and thus grants us the oppertunity to assist our friends and partners with the Port Emberian Maritime Transport Program.

I have approached the involved companies on your behalf upon receiving your correspondance, and have been met with very positive feedback.

Maritime Transport Ltd, as per the terms of the agreement, will offer a 30% total discount on the total cost of a shipment, which includes all expenses - including insurance costs. Furthermore, they have agreed to avail a minimum of 10 x Rydell Class Cargo Vessels to remain on immediate standby for your needs, with the possibility of expanding this number should the need arise. This should surely ease the strain on your logistical network.

Finigan Shipyards Ltd, is willing to open a total of two yards within your nation, to be established immediately following receiving all the required legal hurdles handled. One shipyard will focus on operating solely as a dockyard - offering repairs and maintenance on any class vessel within your fleet. This dockyard will be able to conduct emergency repairs, superficial repairs and routine maintenance within its wet docks, in a rapid manner. It will also contain a dry dock for more extensive work.

The second yard, will serve as a dedicated shipyard, where new vessels will be constructed.

As mentioned before, this company will ensure that 90% of its employees within your borders is locally hired, local resources will be used as far as reasonably possible and a discount offered if your nation is the purchaser of a vessel constructed there.

I understand and respect the legal issue of awaiting permits to establish roots within your great nation, and will await a response patiently.

Once again, thank you for your consideration!

Signed
Chairman Tony Muller

VICE-CHANCELLOR OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY
DTI Complex, Quezon City, Metro Aragon
(034) 546-8970 | ovcti@dti.gov.rpc

7 MAR 2020

Chairman Tony Muller

CC: FLEET ADMIRAL, PALMYRIAN MERCHANT MARINE COOPERATIVE

Dear Chairman Muller,

Upon review of the companies' applications and offers as part of the Port Emberian Maritime Transport Programme, I would like to inform you that your pertinent applications have been APPROVED after a deliberation by the Department of Trade and Industry's executive board.

We welcome you in doing business in the Royal Commonwealth.

Sincerely Yours,
[digitally signed]
Theodore John Naraga
Vice Chancellor, Department of Trade and Industry

__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:32 am

Nation Name: The Republic of Voxija

Head of State: President Etor Gurraniz

Minister of Economy (or equivelant): Ineko Jaso, Minister of Economic Affairs

Contact Person to GFTC: Gloria Utxevparan

Type of Government System: federal republic

Type of Economic System: capitalism

Major Imports: electronics, automobiles, aircraft, metals

Major Exports: foodstuffs and manufactured goods

Main Economic Strength: we are a trading nation, and we are also good at tourism

Do you sign compliance to the GFTC Constitution?: yes

Will you send a permanent office delegation to the headuarters of the GFTC?: yes

Any Additional Notes: no
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:43 am

Voxija wrote:

Nation Name: The Republic of Voxija

Head of State: President Etor Gurraniz

Minister of Economy (or equivelant): Ineko Jaso, Minister of Economic Affairs

Contact Person to GFTC: Gloria Utxevparan

Type of Government System: federal republic

Type of Economic System: capitalism

Major Imports: electronics, automobiles, aircraft, metals

Major Exports: foodstuffs and manufactured goods

Main Economic Strength: we are a trading nation, and we are also good at tourism

Do you sign compliance to the GFTC Constitution?: yes

Will you send a permanent office delegation to the headuarters of the GFTC?: yes

Any Additional Notes: no

Address To:

Gloria Utxevparan
The Republic of Voxija

Address From:

Chairman Tony Muller
Office of the Chairman
Jenny Jenkins Tower
Financial District
Lilly Black Borough
Port Ember Megalopolis
Republic of Port Ember

Dear Ms Utxevparan.

Signed
Chairman Tony Muller

Last edited by Port Ember on Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013

Postby Crysuko » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:30 pm

OOC reminder to all that we have an active discord!
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:48 am

OOC:

To all members, I have created a dispatch for the GFTC. Please upvote! And please forward me suggestions via TG! Thanks and enjoy.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1334434

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:52 am

OOC:

To all members, I have created a new dispatch for the Consortium, A Trade Book of major Imports.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1341265

Enjoy!

I linked it to the original dispatch as well. Please upvote!

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:50 am

OOC:

To all members, I have created a new dispatch for the Consortium, A Trade Book of major Exports this time.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1342224

Enjoy!

I linked it to the original dispatch as well. Please upvote!
Last edited by Port Ember on Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:54 am

Consortium Investment Bank
Office of the CEO
Consortium Investment Bank Complex
Financial District
Lilly Black Borough
Port Ember Megalopolis
Republic of Port Ember

Dear Mrs. Tannith,

I write to you on behalf of the Ko-orenite government. We are, considering our recent shift to accommodating a more global economy, seeking membership of the GFTC. The core principles of our nation, and our economy, are paramount. As such, we are wondering how the CIB can offer such high returns on investments. We are willing to become a member, but only if we can be assured that these profits are not made through immoral business practices, such as some weaponry, or through companies that do not have the greater good in mind, such as those that harm the environment.

I would like to know if the GFTC does indeed not support these kinds of practices.

Was signed,

the Secretary of International Representation, Josiah Thompson

and

the Minister of Trade and Industry, Yv Guillaume
WCC President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:16 pm

Ko-oren wrote:
Office of the CEO
Financial District
Lilly Black Borough
Port Ember Megalopolis
Republic of Port Ember

Dear Mrs. Tannith,

I write to you on behalf of the Ko-orenite government. We are, considering our recent shift to accommodating a more global economy, seeking membership of the GFTC. The core principles of our nation, and our economy, are paramount. As such, we are wondering how the CIB can offer such high returns on investments. We are willing to become a member, but only if we can be assured that these profits are not made through immoral business practices, such as some weaponry, or through companies that do not have the greater good in mind, such as those that harm the environment.

I would like to know if the GFTC does indeed not support these kinds of practices.

Was signed,

the Secretary of International Representation, Josiah Thompson

and

the Minister of Trade and Industry, Yv Guillaume

Address To:

Yv Guillaume
Josiah Thompson
Ministry of Trade and Industry
Office of International Representation
The Halcyon Archipelago of Ko-oren

Address From:

Mrs Riley Tannith
Office of the CEO
Financial District
Lilly Black Borough
Port Ember Megalopolis
Republic of Port Ember

Subject: RE: Governmental Enquiry.

Dear Minister Guillaume & Mr Thompson

I would like to thank you both dearly for reaching out to my office with your enquiries, instead of relying on the norm of falling for hearsay and tabloid headlines. It also pleases me dearly that your esteemed nation are considering membership within the GFTC - its certainly one of the smartest decisions your nation can possibly make, if growth and prosperity is your aim offcourse.

Now as for your enquiry.

Firstly, it is important to understand the nature of the Consortium - which is the voluntary foundation of the organisation, and the encouragement of the free market. The organisation itself has no sway over an individual nation's trade practices and dealings and will not interfere in such nature - with only the slave trade as an exception, which is banned in totallity. Thus being said, all member nations takes the concept of moral trade seriously, even if its not strictly enforced.

Now as for the CIB itself. Although we deal only with member nations of the Consortium as clients, we are not the Consortium - and thus abides by out own set of rules, by laws and code of conduct - placing moral and just banking practices highly, as part of our very foundation.

In short, how we achieve such impressive Returns on Investments, is simple - Experience. Although the CIB is a new entity, our personnel, knowledge, experience and banking sector secrets are not. We are guided by hundreds of years worth of experience to ensure our profitability - as well as our morality.

As for a bit more in depth response, we employ a team of the best investment bankers hailing from all accross the globe to ensure the high profitability which we garuantee. We own large a large amount of stocks in a multitude of conglomorates - all of which is reputable companies offcourse. Both Port Ember's government and private sectors has been champions for sustainable living and business practices for decades, and we are no exception.

We are also heavily involved in the daily trade of various stock markets, currencies and commodoties.

I do hope this correspondance satisfies your curiosity, and please rest assured that my office remains open to any and all possible further enquiries.

Signed
Mrs Riley Tannith
CEO

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:06 am

Nation Name: Ko-oren

Head of State: Prime Minister Dhunerin Laurderinthen

Minister of Economy (or equivelant): Minister Yv Guillaume for Trade and Industry

Contact Person to GFTC: Secretary Josiah Thompson for International Representation

Type of Government System: Meritocracy checked by representative democracy

Type of Economic System: Mixed economy

Major Imports: Oil

Major Exports: Rare and luxury agricultural goods, education, technology

Main Economic Strength: Tourism

Any Additional Notes: Given our focus on green economy, sustainability, and corporate responsibility, Ko-oren's actions vis-à-vis the GFTC will always be scrutinised by domestic media and the representative democracy. Therefore, we will be completely transparent about the deals involving our nation. Furthermore, the GFTC will also be scrutinised by our media and democracy as an extension to our economy. Should our goals for sustainability and responsibility not be met, we will first try to influence the overall course of the GFTC - knowing that no single member nation can control the Consortium - so that morally, we can be proud of being a member of the GFTC. After that, we could be forced to leave the GFTC. For us, personally, and as a nation, profits come second, sustainability first.
WCC President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Port Ember
Ambassador

Postby Port Ember » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:47 am

Ko-oren wrote:

Nation Name: Ko-oren

Head of State: Prime Minister Dhunerin Laurderinthen

Minister of Economy (or equivelant): Minister Yv Guillaume for Trade and Industry

Contact Person to GFTC: Secretary Josiah Thompson for International Representation

Type of Government System: Meritocracy checked by representative democracy

Type of Economic System: Mixed economy

Major Imports: Oil

Major Exports: Rare and luxury agricultural goods, education, technology

Main Economic Strength: Tourism

Any Additional Notes: Given our focus on green economy, sustainability, and corporate responsibility, Ko-oren's actions vis-à-vis the GFTC will always be scrutinised by domestic media and the representative democracy. Therefore, we will be completely transparent about the deals involving our nation. Furthermore, the GFTC will also be scrutinised by our media and democracy as an extension to our economy. Should our goals for sustainability and responsibility not be met, we will first try to influence the overall course of the GFTC - knowing that no single member nation can control the Consortium - so that morally, we can be proud of being a member of the GFTC. After that, we could be forced to leave the GFTC. For us, personally, and as a nation, profits come second, sustainability first.

Address To:

Minister Yv Guillaume
The Halcyon Archipelago of Ko-oren

Address From:

Chairman Tony Muller
Office of the Chairman
Jenny Jenkins Tower
Financial District
Lilly Black Borough
Port Ember Megalopolis
Republic of Port Ember

Dear Minister.

After a quick review of your general status regarding your economical statistics and of your nation in general, and after the processing of your application administration - I may hereby announce the joyfull news that your nation have been Accepted into the Consortium!

Signed
Chairman Tony Muller

Montevento
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Montevento » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:46 am

Ministry of Economy and Finances
9 April 2020 / Giovedì 9 aprile 2020
Torre finanziaria, Città di San Giovanni

Dear Tony Muller, Chairman of the Global Free Trade Consortium:

Please let me present myself; I am Amelia Cardoni, Minister of Economy and Finances of the Most Serene Republic of Montevento. Today I have the pleasure to be writing this letter in representation of the Dogeship of Montevento, the Ministry of Economy and Finances and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to inform you, and the rest of members of the Global Free Trade Consortium, of the interest of Montevento in joining such an important and prosperous organisation as the GFTC is.

During the last weeks we have been observing and monitoring the actions of the GFTC, evaluating the potential benefits and disadvantages that it could have for our country to become a full member of this organisation. After much thought and multiple meetings, the Government has decided to present today before you its formal membership application to the GFTC which is attached at the end of this letter, as we believe that this could open to door to a great amount of new and strong economic partnerships between the Most Serene Republic and other foreign nations, bringing prosperity and wealth to our peoples.

Although our country is small, our economy is highly competitive and stable, being highly diversified and emerging as one of the fastest growing thanks to the recently found oil reserves off our coasts, together with the already established agricultural industry and our very strong software sector which has become one of our main comercial activities along with tourism during the last few years.

With nothing more to add, we await your prompt response and we are at your service to answer any questions that may arise about our intentions in the organisation that could have not been answered in our membership application letter.

Nation Name: Most Serene Republic of Montevento / Serenissima Republica di Montevento

Head of State: His Serenity the Doge of the Republic, Christian Saavedra.

Minister of Economy (or equivelant): Mrs. Amelia Cardoni, Minister of Economy and Finances

Contact Person to GFTC: Secretary of International Economic Affairs, Mr. Nicola Marconi

Type of Government System: Unitary Parliamentary Republic

Type of Economic System: Free Market

Major Imports: Vehicles, electrical machinery (including computers), heavy machinery, fertilisers, plastics, rubbers, medical equipment and textile products.

Major Exports: Oil, software, tropical fruits, sugar, rice, soybean, cattle, chemical products, pharmaceutical products, fine woods, cellulose and mineral ores (gold and bauxite mainly)

Main Economic Strength: Oil, Tourism and Agriculture

Any Additional Notes: -

Yours truly;
Amelia Cardoni
Minister of Economy and Finances of Montevento

SERENISSIMA REPUBBLICA DI MONTEVENTO
An Italian colony in South America formed after Thornton's Expedition of 1608

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade