NATION

PASSWORD

Ideas for General Assembly Proposals

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kollafjordur
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kollafjordur » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:40 pm

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
KOLLAFJORDUR wrote:This is my new proposal,please tell me what you think of it.If I don't reply back,it does not mean I am not listening to your suggestions.

Creation of an International Police Funding Office
Section I:“Creation of an International Police Funding Office”,
Section II: Regarding the Creation of an International Police Funding Office,
Subsection I: Many officers lack the funding needed to keep criminals at bay,which in turn affects the safety of the nation.This may affect tourism or the happiness of the citizens,as their belief in the nations law keeping system has fallen.
Section III: Regarding the Amount of money required from each nation to fund the Police
Subsection I: Each country shall pay 50,000 per year(Currency Varies) ,no exceptions.Total money should equal 1,078,100,000 in money(currently).
Section IV:The PFO office
Subsection I: The PFO office shall oversee that the funds are distributed equally,and will forever hold the right to change the amount of money required from the nations.The secretary would also hold this same right.

-If executed properly,the amount of crime in the GA nations will deteriorate.

Don't be that harsh.
:)

All OOC:

1. Please stop using this thread for proposal drafts. You've already been told several times now to start a new thread for any resolution proposal.

2. Not all currencies are even roughly equivalent in value. Before the adoption of the Euro currency in continental Europe, the Italian Lira traded at about 1,700 per U.S. dollar. 50,000 lira was worth a bit over $29. This is why (as I pointed out in response to your other proposal (thread split off by a moderator) that questions of funding are best not listed as specific numerical amounts.

3. You haven't explained how the creation of this extra layer of bureaucracy will actually help police effectiveness across member nations. If every nation contributes 50,000 Brasilistani kroner per year to this committee, and the committee must disburse the funds equally, then every nation gets back 50,000 Brasilistani kroner per year minus the committee's operating costs. This does nothing except remove money from member states to no practical effect.

3(a). Alternatively, if every nation contributes 50,000 of their own currency to the committee, which then disburses the funds equally according to the total value received in a single exchange currency1, then this has the effect of giving a very small amount of aid money to nations with weak currencies, funded by nations with strong currencies. This still has no practical effect on law enforcement efficacy.

4. You need to fix these problems, and probably others which I have not mentioned, before submitting this proposal. Do not submit any further resolutions before you have made substantial alterations and waited at least a week for further suggestions, and incorporated them.

1Again, minus committee operating costs

Alright,just to make sure,you want me to make sure that the amount of money is not shown,but I am not really understanding that second part.Sorry for being kind of dumb,just need to clarify what you are saying. :)

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:52 am

KOLLAFJORDUR wrote:Sorry for being kind of dumb,just need to clarify what you are saying.

Not sure this can be said any more clearly:
Sierra Lyricalia wrote:All OOC:

1. Please stop using this thread for proposal drafts. You've already been told several times now to start a new thread for any resolution proposal.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

The COT Corporation
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2019
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The COT Corporation » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:04 am

Honsetly, I need an idea
- Juleas Brimstone, recently elected WA ambassador. Author of the proposal, Limitation of Inhumane Weaponry.

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:59 am

The COT Corporation wrote:Honsetly, I need an idea

The OP of this thread has plenty of good ideas, ripe for the taking.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

The COT Corporation
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2019
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The COT Corporation » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:18 am

It doesn't mark which have been taken, an issue I had in the past when I tried to make a space debris act. Nevertheless, I'll try.
- Juleas Brimstone, recently elected WA ambassador. Author of the proposal, Limitation of Inhumane Weaponry.

Morover
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:32 am

The COT Corporation wrote:It doesn't mark which have been taken, an issue I had in the past when I tried to make a space debris act. Nevertheless, I'll try.

Look through past resolutions, here.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Attelooch
Civilian

Founded: Sep 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Where is the state which started this thread?

Postby Attelooch » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:05 pm

Does it seem ironic to anyone else that the state which started this thread just last month no longer exists?

Just saying..... :p
Last edited by Attelooch on Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morover
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:09 pm

AtTeLoOcH wrote:Does it seem ironic to anyone else that the state which started this thread just last month no longer exists?

Well, in all fairness, it actually started the thread 9 months ago(ish), and the players who have the ability to revive it still exist. I could be wrong, but I believe UM (United Massachusetts) founded it and can revive it, if need be.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

United Massachusetts
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:54 pm

Morover wrote:
AtTeLoOcH wrote:Does it seem ironic to anyone else that the state which started this thread just last month no longer exists?

Well, in all fairness, it actually started the thread 9 months ago(ish), and the players who have the ability to revive it still exist. I could be wrong, but I believe UM (United Massachusetts) founded it and can revive it, if need be.

I founded it, but I'm not sure I have the PW.

:/

United Forest commonwealth
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Ideas

Postby United Forest commonwealth » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:31 am

[proposal=]to establish a World Economic Forum similar to the one in Switzerland that is a major conference of business leaders and political leaders[/proposal]

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:35 am

United Forest commonwealth wrote:[proposal=]to establish a World Economic Forum similar to the one in Switzerland that is a major conference of business leaders and political leaders[/proposal]

That sounds like it might need some work to become a GA proposal. All proposals need to have some measurable action or encouragement upon member states, so merely creating a conference wouldn’t do much unless there were additional actions. However, it would be a good idea to post a draft as a separate topic, if you want to further this idea.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:19 pm

Kenmoria wrote:
United Forest commonwealth wrote:[proposal=]to establish a World Economic Forum similar to the one in Switzerland that is a major conference of business leaders and political leaders[/proposal]

That sounds like it might need some work to become a GA proposal. All proposals need to have some measurable action or encouragement upon member states, so merely creating a conference wouldn’t do much unless there were additional actions. However, it would be a good idea to post a draft as a separate topic, if you want to further this idea.

Also, mentioning Switzerland makes it automatically illegal. Reading the proposal rules is needed, here.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Aloviir
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Bill of Universal Human Rights Proposal Idea

Postby Aloviir » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:15 am

My Idea for a General Assembly Resolution is for the drafting and adoption of a World Assembly declaration of Universal Human Rights. All these Universal Rights should be placed into a document outlining said Rights. Thoughts?

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:19 am

Aloviir wrote:My Idea for a General Assembly Resolution is for the drafting and adoption of a World Assembly declaration of Universal Human Rights. All these Universal Rights should be placed into a document outlining said Rights. Thoughts?

Duplication of existing resolutions.
Speciesist.

But congratulations on having had the sense to post here first, instead of just going straight ahead & submitting something...

(Also for your information, the official 8-line maximum length for signatures includes blank lines so yours needs trimming...)
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

The Great Disney
Civilian

Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Abortion

Postby The Great Disney » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:59 pm

We need to retackle this thing

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:40 pm

The Great Disney wrote:We need to retackle this thing

Abortion has already been addressed by two extant resolutions: On Abortion and Reproductive Freedoms. If you want to add something, you will need to find a legislative area not already tackled, which could pose a challenge. If you are looking to repeal one of these pieces of legislation, then I recommend choosing a different resolution to focus on, as those two are essentially immutable at this point.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Northwest02197
Civilian

Founded: Dec 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Northwest02197 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:55 am

How about attacking suspected terrorist

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:56 am

Northwest02197 wrote:How about attacking suspected terrorist

See GAR #25. Please note other resolutions may also inhibit the means by which suspected terrorists may be fought or apprehended (e.g. member states may not torture suspects for information, or hold them indefinitely without charging them with specific crimes).
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Bluine
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bluine » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:47 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Aloviir wrote:My Idea for a General Assembly Resolution is for the drafting and adoption of a World Assembly declaration of Universal Human Rights. All these Universal Rights should be placed into a document outlining said Rights. Thoughts?

Duplication of existing resolutions.
Speciesist.

(Also for your information, the official 8-line maximum length for signatures includes blank lines so yours needs trimming...)

Speaking of being Species-ist, can someone please fix Ransium's definition of the Civil Rights in the WA category listing?
Civil Rights - A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

I also am trying to figure out where social equality would go. Issues like racial equality, accessibility for disabled, sexual equality,etc. Social justice as defined in his post(https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=8133611#p8133611) is more materialistic.
[proposal=] Also,I would like for someone to write [DRAFT: Non-human racial equality], to mandate the use of open-mindedness towards non-humans in issues, laws and outlines. Not every person is human. However, I am not too sure if the word "person" is non-specieist since it implies 'humanoid', and any alien could take any sort of non-humanoid form, such as rock,plant,sentient gas... whatever. Look up speciesism on google. I am new to NS, and don't really have the time to learn the official law syntax and format, and would love if somone looked into this.[/proposal]
Do or do not, there is no dye. Just a lot of death, sweat, tears, and blueberries. Ok, I lied about the dye. Anyways, defense is better than no fence.
~~~~Blueturtle79

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:20 pm

Bluine wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:Duplication of existing resolutions.
Speciesist...

Speaking of being Species-ist, can someone please fix Ransium's definition of the Civil Rights in the WA category listing?
Civil Rights - A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

This wouldn't be a bad idea. This category used to be called "human rights," so it's not exactly wrong, just outmoded in light of certain WA laws on the equality of human and non-human sapients.

I also am trying to figure out where social equality would go. Issues like racial equality, accessibility for disabled, sexual equality,etc. Social justice as defined in his post(https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=8133611#p8133611) is more materialistic.

Some of those things are indeed Civil Rights; others are indeed Social Justice. It depends on how the resolution is constructed and whether it aims merely to set equality of opportunity or physical access vs. compensate materially for systemic disadvantages and skewed outcomes.

[proposal=] Also,I would like for someone to write [DRAFT: Non-human racial equality], to mandate the use of open-mindedness towards non-humans in issues, laws and outlines. Not every person is human. However, I am not too sure if the word "person" is non-specieist since it implies 'humanoid', and any alien could take any sort of non-humanoid form, such as rock,plant,sentient gas... whatever. Look up speciesism on google. I am new to NS, and don't really have the time to learn the official law syntax and format, and would love if somone looked into this.[/proposal]

1. "Person" just means person. It certainly doesn't imply "human" or "humanoid" (after all, corporations are people, my friend).

2. Other players are not here to do your bidding. If you want a draft made, write it. If you don't have time to learn how things work around here, you don't have time to play the game period. If you decide instead you actually do, then welcome!

3. You sound like you want someone to write GAR #355 for you. It has been done, and the author has received their due credit.
Last edited by Sierra Lyricalia on Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Bluine
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bluine » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:34 pm

3. You sound like you want someone to write GAR #355 for you. It has been done, and the author has received their due credit.

Oh, so it exists already! I searched and couldn't find it anywhere. Well, then, thank you! :oops:
Do or do not, there is no dye. Just a lot of death, sweat, tears, and blueberries. Ok, I lied about the dye. Anyways, defense is better than no fence.
~~~~Blueturtle79

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:10 pm

Bluine wrote:

Oh, so it exists already! I searched and couldn't find it anywhere. Well, then, thank you! :oops:

The passed resolutions (except maybe the latest one or two) exist in an easily searchable thread on this forum, but please be aware that the forum search function thinks that "cat" and "cats" are two totally unrelated words and searching for the first won't get you hits on the latter.

Rivienland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Proposal: Limitation of Profiteering during Medical Crises

Postby Rivienland » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:23 am

Hello! My apologies as I don't often post here, but I wanted to check if my GA idea was possible so I could begin it as a learning opportunity. Based on current events and a news article I read, has any bills been past on limiting profiteering on medical supplies during a international medical emergency? The action taken could be to impose a 10-15% limit to the amount medical supplies can hike during such a crisis. I generally checked past proposals and havent seen any work done on the topic. Any advise would be appreciate!

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:39 am

Rivienland wrote:Hello! My apologies as I don't often post here, but I wanted to check if my GA idea was possible so I could begin it as a learning opportunity. Based on current events and a news article I read, has any bills been past on limiting profiteering on medical supplies during a international medical emergency? The action taken could be to impose a 10-15% limit to the amount medical supplies can hike during such a crisis. I generally checked past proposals and havent seen any work done on the topic. Any advise would be appreciate!

I can’t find any resolutions on that topic, so it seems as though it is a good idea to pursue. I recommend that you now post a draft on the GA board for feedback, since there’s no duplication issue.
My pronouns are he/him.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:46 pm

Rivienland wrote:has any bills been past on limiting profiteering on medical supplies during a international medical emergency?

OOC: Well, GA #340 says
Ensure the right of individuals affected by these conflicts to utilize humanitarian operations’ facilities and supplies in a humanitarian manner, free from hindrance.

Consider it a war crime, and therefore illegal, to intentionally deprive individuals of humanitarian aid supplies, or prohibit their use or distribution

but that's for armed conflict (or the effects of such) -caused issues. I would think that profiteering from medical supplies issued in areas suffering directly of indirectly from armed conflict, during an international medical emergency (double-whammo of war and disease), would already be protected by that resolution.

GA #186 does a similar thing for medical supplies during a blockade (think RL Gaza Strip).

Also, GA #97 requires WA nations to provide affordable healthcare for their people, so I think if someone tried profiteering, the state could just seize the stuff and pay them what the items normally cost.

Also check GA resolutions #6, #9, #18, #22, #29, #31, #51, #53, especially #124, #161, #272, #389, #412, and anything that mentions children, quarantines or EPARC.

Basically, your subject would end up riddled with serious amount of holes that have already been covered, in addition to which, nations are not banned from banning profiteering (that is, making it a crime), and then seizing the goods (which only need to be "compensated fairly", which doesn't mean jacked-up prices) to ensure fair pricing. Or, you know, any other powers of emergency that states have at their use.

Which isn't to say that you couldn't write the proposal, just that you'll need to be VERY careful about how you word it, and even then the necessity of it is questionable.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly