NATION

PASSWORD

PDX Games IX: Western Pre-Turkic Empire

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

What the HELL are YOU here for!?

Europa Universalis
13%
Victoria
15%
Crusader Kings
22%
Hearts of Iron
20%
Stellaris
21%
One of those weird "published by PDX" games that nobody ever talks about here
9%

Total votes : 110

Serrus
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serrus » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:15 pm

The Imperial Reach wrote:

Nestorian is probably the toughest religion to play, hands down.[/quote]
Not if you do it my way: the ol' Pagan-concubine trick. Works for Bulgaria and Haesteinn if you wanna be feudal while doing it. Moral authority can be a bit low, however given what results and that it's the PDOX thread...you should be pleased with the outcome.
Licana wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Its March 17th btw, trailer was linked first page and it has it at the end.

it'll be nice to actually play stellaris again, been holding off doing so until after the update drops.

First thing I'll be doing with it, given the release date, is a Big Ireland run:
-Sol system
-Federations origin
-Spiritualist/Militarist/Egalitarian
-Democracy
-Beacon of Liberty
-Nationalistic Zeal
Katganistan wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:maybe japan wanted the zombie attack.

Possible. Zombies are cool now.

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

This is why rules exist, kids!
Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:17 pm

Serrus wrote:
Licana wrote:it'll be nice to actually play stellaris again, been holding off doing so until after the update drops.

First thing I'll be doing with it, given the release date, is a Big Ireland run:

I'm prob going to spend a lot of time creating new empires and editing old ones because they're ruiningchanging everything again.
Last edited by Licana on Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:00 pm

So new thread, I figure its time to boot up CK2 again and start a new game. I don't know what I want to play? So, which mod and which character should I play?
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

North German Realm
Senator

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:57 pm

Random question: Is there a release date for CK3 yet? (And if not, when do you guys think it'll be released?)
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
North German Confederation
NationStates Flag Bracket II - 6th place!

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:30 am

North German Realm wrote:Random question: Is there a release date for CK3 yet? (And if not, when do you guys think it'll be released?)

2021 or 2022.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:19 am

Lunas Legion wrote:
North German Realm wrote:Random question: Is there a release date for CK3 yet? (And if not, when do you guys think it'll be released?)

2021 or 2022.

Speaking of which, I'm hoping moral authority is reworked in CK3. The current system is frankly, a tad dumb. Considering that the Catholics didn't hold Jerusalem, had a slew of antipopes, and had churches raided three times over by vikings and the like, and that they also didn't randomly start becoming ascetics, gnostics, and revolutionaries, it's a bit unrealistic that Catholicism turns more sour than years old milk (disclaimer, I do not know what years old milk looks like) within a couple of centuries. In other words, CK2 is a game, not an abstract art piece, Paradox.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:54 am

Lunas Legion wrote:

2021 or 2022.

Man I hope not. I'm still holding a torch for "They'll publish it in late spring/early summer 2020 like they did with Imperator Rome".

Danubian Peoples wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
2021 or 2022.

Speaking of which, I'm hoping moral authority is reworked in CK3. The current system is frankly, a tad dumb. Considering that the Catholics didn't hold Jerusalem, had a slew of antipopes, and had churches raided three times over by vikings and the like, and that they also didn't randomly start becoming ascetics, gnostics, and revolutionaries, it's a bit unrealistic that Catholicism turns more sour than years old milk (disclaimer, I do not know what years old milk looks like) within a couple of centuries. In other words, CK2 is a game, not an abstract art piece, Paradox.

What I'm hoping is reformed is, as I've said times and times again, cultures.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

The Imperial Reach
Minister

Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Reach » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:36 am

Danubian Peoples wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
2021 or 2022.

I, for one, am definitely tired of heretics springing up like rabbits when I'm rocking 100% Moral Authority and they have a measly 26%. I'm also sick of certain religions *coughislamcough* being able to rock 100% Moral Authority while simultaneously being absolutely decimated martially and theologically on every front making their counties impossible to convert.

Moral Authority is fucking wonky in CKII and the way it works now is questionable at best. It's too stable when it shouldn't be, and not stable enough when it should be.

North German Realm wrote:
Danubian Peoples wrote:Speaking of which, I'm hoping moral authority is reworked in CK3. The current system is frankly, a tad dumb. Considering that the Catholics didn't hold Jerusalem, had a slew of antipopes, and had churches raided three times over by vikings and the like, and that they also didn't randomly start becoming ascetics, gnostics, and revolutionaries, it's a bit unrealistic that Catholicism turns more sour than years old milk (disclaimer, I do not know what years old milk looks like) within a couple of centuries. In other words, CK2 is a game, not an abstract art piece, Paradox.

What I'm hoping is reformed is, as I've said times and times again, cultures.

This too. Culture takes fucking forever to flip on it's own and for some reason only Tribals have a regular means of converting provinces to their culture. Meanwhile, some cultures having unique features while others don't is straight up ridiculous. Why do I have to be Byzantine to castrate or blind someone? It's not like the Byzantines had a monopoly on that kind of stuff.
Last edited by The Imperial Reach on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the Devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make cool for a fancy sig

My F7 Policy

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:12 am

Some generated mixing-pot cultures would be neat, too, if only for flavor.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:25 am

Lunas Legion wrote:

2021 or 2022.

Official release year so far is 2020 from what i remember.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Serrus
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serrus » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:50 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
2021 or 2022.

I mean, it kinda did actually happen.
Valrifell wrote:Some generated mixing-pot cultures would be neat, too, if only for flavor.

Dynamic culture mixing.
Katganistan wrote:

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

Platapusses are not rel

Renoa
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Renoa » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:01 pm

Serrus wrote:
Valrifell wrote:Some generated mixing-pot cultures would be neat, too, if only for flavor.

Dynamic culture mixing.

Anglo-Judeo-Jurchen when?!?
It's been several years and I'm still the Paradox Thread's Self-Appointed Court Chaplain. No one's ever asked but I thought you should know.

Serrus
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serrus » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:01 pm

Renoa wrote:
Serrus wrote:
Dynamic culture mixing.

Anglo-Judeo-Jurchen when?!?

I was thinking Franco-Welsh so I couldn't pronounce anything
Katganistan wrote:

Platapusses are not rel

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:27 pm

Serrus wrote:

Dynamic culture mixing.
At the very least, the option to merge your culture with the place you're conquering rather than submit to it (or forcing them to submit to you) should be there. Maybe have more specific stuff about each culture (other than naming principles, "can/can't" raid or succession laws, et al) so your new culture can be a perfect merge of the two. I realize that makes it too RPG and not Historical enough... but "personalized heresies" also belong to the 1500s, not 800-1400, so.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
5 Nov, 2020

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:47 pm

North German Realm wrote:
Serrus wrote:Dynamic culture mixing.
At the very least, the option to merge your culture with the place you're conquering rather than submit to it (or forcing them to submit to you) should be there. Maybe have more specific stuff about each culture (other than naming principles, "can/can't" raid or succession laws, et al) so your new culture can be a perfect merge of the two. I realize that makes it too RPG and not Historical enough... but "personalized heresies" also belong to the 1500s, not 800-1400, so.

The paradox game engine is already suffering like an overworked slave from the stuff in the game. What do you think would happen if it had to track dynamically generated mixed cultures?
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:23 pm

Purpelia wrote:
North German Realm wrote:At the very least, the option to merge your culture with the place you're conquering rather than submit to it (or forcing them to submit to you) should be there. Maybe have more specific stuff about each culture (other than naming principles, "can/can't" raid or succession laws, et al) so your new culture can be a perfect merge of the two. I realize that makes it too RPG and not Historical enough... but "personalized heresies" also belong to the 1500s, not 800-1400, so.

The paradox game engine is already suffering like an overworked slave from the stuff in the game. What do you think would happen if it had to track dynamically generated mixed cultures?

Is not CK3 using a different engine (or at least a newer version of the engine)?
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:13 pm

Purpelia wrote:
North German Realm wrote:At the very least, the option to merge your culture with the place you're conquering rather than submit to it (or forcing them to submit to you) should be there. Maybe have more specific stuff about each culture (other than naming principles, "can/can't" raid or succession laws, et al) so your new culture can be a perfect merge of the two. I realize that makes it too RPG and not Historical enough... but "personalized heresies" also belong to the 1500s, not 800-1400, so.

I'm like 90% sure they said that they were using a new Engine, specifically for this very reason (though worded differently)

Sidenote: Italians doing their best at this war thing
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
5 Nov, 2020

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:39 am

Valrifell wrote:
Purpelia wrote:The paradox game engine is already suffering like an overworked slave from the stuff in the game. What do you think would happen if it had to track dynamically generated mixed cultures?

Is not CK3 using a different engine (or at least a newer version of the engine)?

I still don't trust them. Last time a paradox game run properly with the number of stuff they like to throw in was HOI2.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:29 am

So what is the verdict on la resistance?
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Bralia
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bralia » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:16 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:So what is the verdict on la resistance?

Is good.
Romantic slut. Self-deprecating egotist. Benevolent communist.

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:22 am

Following with that Þorgrave dynasty run that I'm currently going through. Around 1100s and Europe is in absolute shambles. Germanic paganism holds Europe above the Rhine, Ireland controls everything in Britannia that isn't a pagan offshoot that a Þorgrave king released as a sign of goodwill (so basically 95% of the two islands), and Catholicism is now a Cathar Heresy. And the Shia Caliph controls Sicily. God I love this game.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
5 Nov, 2020

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:05 am

Im starting some of those ruler challenge thingies to get fancy hair in CK3. Currently on the first one as the King of Brittany and i have fucked and killed a moderate amount of people. Got Gold on "Gloves come off!" only 2 points away from the first beard.

Bralia
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Bralia » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:56 am

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:20 am

So turns out, if you are at war with someone you were trying to sway, you can try and use this to reach out to them about not using underhanded tactics during the conflict,and if you have a high enough diplomacy even try and reach an armistice with them?

I never knew that, fuck you really do learn something new every day.

Bralia
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Bralia » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:28 am

I just learned about a very beefy HoI4 hotfix that was released on Friday. Probably actually a good idea to opt-in to this one if you don't normally do these things, it fixes a lot.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction