NATION

PASSWORD

Changing government type?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Griemvarant
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Changing government type?

Postby Griemvarant » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:01 am

In my attempt to create a moderately autocratic nation forged following a civil war, I ended up with the Psychotic Dictatorship government. Obviously I don't like that title but I want to keep my nation and try to rise out of it. Is there a way to change your government type?
Take the NS Stats with a grain of salt - not all generated policies are completely consistent.
"Nation. Family. Solidarity."

Shy Guyia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 19, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Shy Guyia » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:18 am

Your government type changes based mainly on the three freedoms (Civil Rights, Economy, Political Freedom). You improve these stats as you do with every other stat, through issues.
Here's a handy chart:

Griemvarant
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Griemvarant » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:01 pm

Thanks!
Take the NS Stats with a grain of salt - not all generated policies are completely consistent.
"Nation. Family. Solidarity."

Corvinna
Attaché

Founded: Sep 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvinna » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:39 pm

I’m kinda having the opposite problem...I’m trying to get my nation to become classified as a Psychotic (or at the very least, Corrupt) Dictatorship, but it’s been stuck as Iron Fist Consumerist forever, even though civil rights are unheard of and political freedoms are outlawed. Does the economy set-up have anything to do with it, or is it something else?

Freedom? Freedom is an illusion. You all, every one of you, serve and obey your masters every single day. Children obey their parents to avoid being punished. Adults obey their employers to avoid being fired. Good citizens obey the law to avoid imprisonment. You ALL obey ME to avoid a very painful death. Freedom, my friends, is life’s great lie. Once you accept that, in your hearts, you will know peace.”

Lady Morrigana, Supreme Ruler and One True Goddess of the Empire of Corvinna

“It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind.”

Terry Pratchett, Jingo
Economic Left/right: -2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarianism: 5.38
https://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2?ec=-2.25&soc=5.38

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:43 pm

Corvinna wrote:I’m kinda having the opposite problem...I’m trying to get my nation to become classified as a Psychotic (or at the very least, Corrupt) Dictatorship, but it’s been stuck as Iron Fist Consumerist forever, even though civil rights are unheard of and political freedoms are outlawed. Does the economy set-up have anything to do with it, or is it something else?

You need to intervene in the economy more in order to push your classification into Psychotic Dictatorship territory.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Corvinna
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvinna » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:39 pm

So, do I redistribute funds to benefit the wealthy, or would the majority of the wealth go straight to the government?
Freedom? Freedom is an illusion. You all, every one of you, serve and obey your masters every single day. Children obey their parents to avoid being punished. Adults obey their employers to avoid being fired. Good citizens obey the law to avoid imprisonment. You ALL obey ME to avoid a very painful death. Freedom, my friends, is life’s great lie. Once you accept that, in your hearts, you will know peace.”

“It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind.”

Terry Pratchett, Jingo

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:43 pm

Corvinna wrote:So, do I redistribute funds to benefit the wealthy, or would the majority of the wealth go straight to the government?

Cracking down on private enterprise tends to work quite well in terms of bringing down economic freedom.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Oasis Recruiter
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Oasis Recruiter » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:55 am

Shy Guyia wrote:Your government type changes based mainly on the three freedoms (Civil Rights, Economy, Political Freedom). You improve these stats as you do with every other stat, through issues.
Here's a handy chart:

Interesting.
not an actual recruiter my dudes, don't worry
The Garlic
FAQ

Corvinna
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvinna » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:11 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Corvinna wrote:So, do I redistribute funds to benefit the wealthy, or would the majority of the wealth go straight to the government?

Cracking down on private enterprise tends to work quite well in terms of bringing down economic freedom.

I’ll give that a shot. I could also use some assistance with my new nation, ichar, which I’m trying to get reclassified as “Anarchy”. It’s currently classified as “Scandinavian Liberal Paradise”.
Last edited by Corvinna on Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:37 pm

Corvinna wrote:I’m kinda having the opposite problem...I’m trying to get my nation to become classified as a Psychotic (or at the very least, Corrupt) Dictatorship, but it’s been stuck as Iron Fist Consumerist forever, even though civil rights are unheard of and political freedoms are outlawed. Does the economy set-up have anything to do with it, or is it something else?

(Image)
(Image)

You need to restrict the economy. Also if issues come whoses preferred answers would either increase economic or civil freedom, don't process or dismiss them. over a long enough time that should get you there.

Corvinna wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Cracking down on private enterprise tends to work quite well in terms of bringing down economic freedom.

I’ll give that a shot. I could also use some assistance with my new nation, ichar, which I’m trying to get reclassified as “Anarchy”. It’s currently classified as “Scandinavian Liberal Paradise”.

New nations change their stats rather quick.
Last edited by Nakena on Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

One Small Island
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby One Small Island » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:08 pm

Those trying to adjust their stats; or adjust particular stats, may wish to make use of this tool by Trotterdam; which tells you what the outcome of any given issue answer will be. It takes the 'roleplaying' aspect out of answering issues though.
Generally Retired
They//Them
Trying to find peace and enjoyment in the game again.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay