NATION

PASSWORD

The 2019-2020 Coronavirus outbreak thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:09 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I wouldn't do it for the sake of it, but I would if it was my pet or something.

You'd knowingly bring an animal with rabies into the UK? Pause for a second. Think. Think about it.

And this is the kid who claimed to be a therapist in the let's have a mental illness thread, thread
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:13 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I wouldn't do it for the sake of it, but I would if it was my pet or something.

You'd knowingly bring an animal with rabies into the UK? Pause for a second. Think. Think about it.

Sure, if it was mine.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:15 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:You'd knowingly bring an animal with rabies into the UK? Pause for a second. Think. Think about it.

Sure, if it was mine.

Come on man, actually think about it for a second. Keep in mind that this is setting a new record on the misanthropy scale if you are actually committing to this: You'd knowingly bring an animal with rabies into the UK.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:16 pm

I'm pretty sure that is illegal, or at the very least something you can be sued over if the animal with rabies causes trouble(which it likely will.) Not to mention an incredibly selfish act.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:17 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Better to be safe then sorry.

We can worry about that after we devlope a vaccine.

I just don't see the benefits of closed borders over this - I understand the rationale in banning flights from China or Iran at this juncture, but severely limiting global travel and the like will be counterproductive in terms of fighting this disease.

Italy already has it worse than Iran. As does ROK. So you’ll need to ban travel to both of those nations as well.

And how will it be counterproductive? If you don’t take actions to limit it you won’t even have an economy to worry about
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:17 pm

Andsed wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:You'd knowingly bring an animal with rabies into the UK? Pause for a second. Think. Think about it.

I'm pretty sure that is illegal, or at the very least something you can be sued over if the animal with rabies causes trouble(which it likely will.) Not to mention an incredibly selfish act.

I don't know if GVH has ever seen this poster.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:17 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Sure, if it was mine.

Come on man, actually think about it for a second. Keep in mind that this is setting a new record on the misanthropy scale if you are actually committing to this: You'd knowingly bring an animal with rabies into the UK.

Dude I wouldn't even self-isolate if I had fucking smallpox. I don't see why health conditions should effect how I live my life.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:18 pm

The New California Republic wrote:Come on man, actually think about it for a second. Keep in mind that this is setting a new record on the misanthropy scale if you are actually committing to this: You'd knowingly bring an animal with rabies into the UK.

Dude I wouldn't even self-isolate if I had fucking smallpox. I don't see why health conditions should effect how I live my life.

Wow man, just...wow. There really are no words for the levels of misanthropy that are being reached here.

Wave on, wave on

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:18 pm

The New California Republic wrote:Come on man, actually think about it for a second. Keep in mind that this is setting a new record on the misanthropy scale if you are actually committing to this: You'd knowingly bring an animal with rabies into the UK.

Because the world does not revolve around you? Please just try and think about others for once.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:19 pm

Because see, the world does not revolve around you. Maybes you would not, or do not, but many of us believe in something more than our immediate personal pleasure.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:20 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Dude I wouldn't even self-isolate if I had fucking smallpox. I don't see why health conditions should effect how I live my life.

Wow man, just...wow. There really are no words for the levels of misanthropy that are being reached here.

It's not misanthropy, just a lack of any shits to give.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:20 pm

Good thing there are those in the government who will isolate you anyway
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:21 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:And those are official numbers. Unofficial numbers have it at 11% to 16%

According to whom? I've read that if you're a healthy person under the age of 40ish, the likelihood of death is slim to none.

There are leaked numbers in China that have the infected around 200,000 and the dead about 20,000
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:21 pm

The New California Republic wrote:Wow man, just...wow. There really are no words for the levels of misanthropy that are being reached here.

It actually is, that you'd do something with full knowledge that you'd be spreading disease meets the definition of misanthropy.

Wave on, wave on

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:23 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:
According to whom? I've read that if you're a healthy person under the age of 40ish, the likelihood of death is slim to none.

There are leaked numbers in China that have the infected around 200,000 and the dead about 20,000

Has anyone verified these numbers?

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:23 pm

The New California Republic wrote:Wow man, just...wow. There really are no words for the levels of misanthropy that are being reached here.

Harm caused be selfish apathy is not much better than harm caused by intended maliciousness.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:26 pm

Thermodolia wrote:There are leaked numbers in China that have the infected around 200,000 and the dead about 20,000

Has anyone verified these numbers?

Why do you even care? You clearly don't give a shit about the spread of Corona, or any disease for that matter (since you have already said that you'd knowingly spread a disease if you had it), so why are you even bothering to ask about it?

Wave on, wave on

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:27 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Has anyone verified these numbers?

Why do you even care? You clearly don't give a shit about the spread of Corona, or any disease for that matter (since you have already said that you'd knowingly spread a disease if you had it), so why are you even bothering to ask about it?

I find it interesting from an academic perspective.

The Greater Ohio Valley
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Greater Ohio Valley » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:29 pm

If you had smallpox you’d be a risk to more than just yourself, since smallpox is contagious and spreads to other people and knowingly spreading a deadly disease like that will generally land you in prison.
Occasionally the Neo-American States
"Choke on the ashes of your hate."
- Free speech
- Weapons rights
- Democracy
- LGBTQ+ rights
- Racial equality
- Gender/sexual equality
- Voting rights
- Universal healthcare
- Workers rights
- Drug decriminalization
- Cannabis legalization
- Due process
- Rehabilitative justice
- Religious freedom
- Choice
- Environmental protections
- Secularism
ANTI
- Fascism/Nazism
- Conservatism
- Nationalism
- Authoritarianism/Totalitarianism
- Traditionalism
- Ethnic/racial supremacy
- Racism
- Sexism
- Transphobia
- Homophobia
- Religious extremism
- Laissez-faire capitalism
- Warmongering
- Accelerationism
- Isolationism
- Theocracy
- Anti-intellectualism
- Climate change denialism

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:30 pm

The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Dude I wouldn't even self-isolate if I had fucking smallpox. I don't see why health conditions should effect how I live my life.

If you had smallpox you’d be a risk to more than just yourself, since smallpox is contagious and spreads to other people and knowingly spreading a deadly disease like that will generally land you in prison.

Trust me, he knows all this. What's more worrying is that he'd still do it with full knowledge that he'd be infecting others.
Last edited by The New California Republic on Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wave on, wave on

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:56 pm

The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:If you had smallpox you’d be a risk to more than just yourself, since smallpox is contagious and spreads to other people and knowingly spreading a deadly disease like that will generally land you in prison.

Trust me, he knows all this. What's more worrying is that he'd still do it with full knowledge that he'd be infecting others.

Or he just says shit like this because it so successfully gets lots of attention. Maybe it's narcissism not misanthropy.
Everything is intertwinkled

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:00 pm

Last edited by The East Marches II on Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:05 pm

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:06 pm

brb dming HBD chick on Twitter to tell him to report in

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:11 pm

Other sources are saying the South Korean Justice Ministry official in charge of coronavirus response (or someone who worked in that department? not clear) has committed suicide by jumping off a bridge into the Han River like some kind of postmodern Inspector Javert
Last edited by Senkaku on Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General