NATION

PASSWORD

Pictures of Jesus

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Olad
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Pictures of Jesus

Postby Olad » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:31 pm

Everyone, post your favorite picture of Jesus. You can say what you like about it or whatever else, but please keep it sincere, without mockery or flaming. Remember to respect our Savior at all times in this thread, or you will be asked to leave. No "actual irl Jesus", "scumbag Jesus", "black Jesus" (the tv series) or anything else like that. Only real pictures, and real, uplifting comments about them. Thank you, have a wonderful day. :bow:

I'll start us off with this one:

The reason I like it is because it shows how Jesus cares for each of us like he cares for the lamb in the picture.

Magnum Exitium
Attaché

Founded: Apr 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Magnum Exitium » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:33 pm

Not a mod but, this doesn't belong in General, probably better suited in F7
Last edited by Magnum Exitium on Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Outer Sparta wrote:Ahh yes, the best right-wing conversations start off with who's first or second in the thread.

Olad
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Olad » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:38 pm

My bad, I asked the mods to move it

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:55 pm

I thought you said you would post photos of Jesus? I just see Pierre G ASMR in that photo
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Samadhi
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Samadhi » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:31 pm

That's not a black dude.
18 and female
Voluntaryist.
Enjoys watching social democrats act like authoritarian hell states are that much worse than them.
It's all slavery baby.
Proud cat mum, I love Snowy and Hijinks.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:34 pm

Here you go

https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:51 pm

Wouldn't this be better as part of the Christian Discussion thread?

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:52 pm

Celritannia wrote:Wouldn't this be better as part of the Christian Discussion thread?

Why? Jesus was a jew, who played for the giants.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Meriwhether
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Meriwhether » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:58 pm

Samadhi wrote:That's not a black dude.

Jesus was white

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:04 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Celritannia wrote:Wouldn't this be better as part of the Christian Discussion thread?

Why? Jesus was a jew, who played for the giants.

Tehe.

Meriwhether wrote:

Jesus was white

https://www.popularmechanics.com/scienc ... 4/1282186/
Last edited by Celritannia on Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:12 pm

Meriwhether wrote:

Jesus was white

If you consider Middle Eastern Semitic peoples from the 1st Century AD "white", then sure.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Meriwhether
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Meriwhether » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:14 pm

Looks white to me

Meriwhether
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Meriwhether » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:15 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Meriwhether wrote:Jesus was white

If you consider Middle Eastern Semitic peoples from the 1st Century AD "white", then sure.

He wasn't Semitic or Middle Eastern though.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:15 pm

Celritannia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Why? Jesus was a jew, who played for the giants.

Tehe.

Meriwhether wrote:Jesus was white

https://www.popularmechanics.com/scienc ... 4/1282186/

I hate that article. It's such clickbait. There is a measurable difference between the "average Jewish man in Jesus' time" and what a specific, individual Jewish man might have looked like. It's just an attention-grabbing headline. Jesus very well could've looked nothing like that. We'll never know for sure.

Unrelated, but the model reminds me of the "Talking Heads" from the first two Fallout games.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Abominable Witch Lords
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Abominable Witch Lords » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:15 pm

has healing magic, returns from the dead, etc
nationstates taoist-legalist communist pagan cat enby

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:16 pm

Meriwhether wrote:

Weird. I could've sworn Judea was in the Middle East and that Jews were a Semitic people.

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:16 pm

Meriwhether wrote:

I am going to regret this,

Then what was he?

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:16 pm

I hate that article. It's such clickbait. There is a measurable difference between the "average Jewish man in Jesus' time" and what a specific, individual Jewish man might have looked like. It's just an attention-grabbing headline. Jesus very well could've looked nothing like that. We'll never know for sure.

Unrelated, but the model reminds me of the "Talking Heads" from the first two Fallout games.

Ah, my mistake then.

Oh gods, now you say that, I can't escape the image of the homeless beggar outside Meggaton :lol2:
Last edited by Celritannia on Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:17 pm

Meriwhether wrote:

He was a Jew. How could he is not a Semitic or Middle Eastern people?

Agreed. We can never know how he really looks.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:19 pm

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Kyria
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyria » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:20 pm

Imagine worshipping a dead Jew ayy lmao.

Anyway.

In all seriousness this thread’s only going to last as long until the mods notice it. So yeah.
Last edited by Kyria on Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
REPUBLIC OF KYRIA ΔΗΜΟΚΡΑΤΊΑ ΚῩ́ΡΕΙᾹΣ
MT 'modern Byzantium' blending Orwell and Mirror’s Edge with NazCentBol-esque Blue Helmet neoimperialism and tacticool Stormtrooperesque faceless legions.
Capital: Constantinople | President: Ioánnis Bardanes | Religion: Orthodox Christianity | Factbook | Map | News

Meriwhether
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Meriwhether » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:23 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Meriwhether wrote:He wasn't Semitic or Middle Eastern though.

I am going to regret this,

Then what was he?

There is ample evidence both scripturally and historically that Jesus had a very fair complexion with blue eyes and blonde hair. Contrary to popular belief, he likely descended from Western Europeans, probably the Swabian peoples with a mix of Frankish blood as well.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:25 pm

Meriwhether wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:I am going to regret this,

Then what was he?

There is ample evidence both scripturally and historically that Jesus had a very fair complexion with blue eyes and blonde hair. Contrary to popular belief, he likely descended from Western Europeans, probably the Swabian peoples with a mix of Frankish blood as well.

There is no useful description of the physical appearance of Jesus given in the New Testament, and the depiction of Jesus in pictorial form was controversial in the early Church.[1][2]

[1] Philip Schaff commenting on Irenaeus, wrote, 'This censure of images as a Gnostic peculiarity, and as a heathenish corruption, should be noted'. Footnote 300 on Contr. Her. .I.XXV.6. ANF

[2]Synod of Elvira, 'Pictures are not to be placed in churches, so that they do not become objects of worship and adoration', AD 306, Canon 36

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Meriwhether
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Meriwhether » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:25 pm

Meriwhether wrote:He wasn't Semitic or Middle Eastern though.

Weird. I could've sworn Judea was in the Middle East and that Jews were a Semitic people.

Ashkenazi Jews are not semitic. It's irrelevant though, Jesus was European.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:26 pm

Meriwhether wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:I am going to regret this,

Then what was he?

Source please for scriptural evidence that describes what jesus looks like.
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General