NATION

PASSWORD

Allow Medicare for all

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Servov
Civilian

Founded: Dec 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Allow Medicare for all

Postby Servov » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:51 pm

Allow Medicare for ALL to have for free

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:21 pm

OOC: Welcome to the World Assembly! While it is good that you posted your idea here in the forum rather than simply submitting it as is, it is unfortunately not anything that can currently be turned into a resolution. "Medicare" and "Medicare for All" are Real Life references, and thus illegal under GA rules. If you simply would like to institute WA-wide government-funded healthcare, you run into the hurdle of GA Res. #97, which already requires that member states guarantee health care to all those that need it (albeit permitting nations to do this by way of private companies should they wish to). If you'd like to contribute to the GA, I suggest finding a much smaller, more niche area to cover - most of the big stuff is all set, though if you find serious flaws in existing law you can always repeal the relevant resolution. Good luck, and again welcome to the World Assembly!
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Heliosbrine
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Heliosbrine » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:29 pm

Yes medicare for all

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:12 pm

Heliosbrine wrote:Yes medicare for all

(OOC: Although the goals of this proposal make sense, they aren't implemented in such a way so as to be legal. If the author wants to continue with this idea, they should try to find an area of legislation not already covered by GA #97, and make it into a law.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Third ZSeparatists
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Third ZSeparatists » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:14 pm

Medicare for all is terrible. I can go into detail if you wish.
The big (not) gay

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:12 am

Third ZSeparatists wrote:Medicare for all is terrible. I can go into detail if you wish.

Dont. No reference to Medicare is legal in a WA proposal. Policy debate is therefore unnecessary.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Return to General Assembly