NATION

PASSWORD

Olympics

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
American-Britian
Civilian

Founded: Aug 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Olympics

Postby American-Britian » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:30 pm

Does anything happen when you host the olympics? I just did and I was wondering...

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:54 pm

Are you referring to some issue? If so, that has nothing to do with the NS Olympics but it probably changes some gameside stats of some kind. You might have better luck asking about that in Got Issues.

Hosting the NS Summer Olympics, as I did a little over a year ago, involves roughly a month of spending 8-10 hours a day scoring Olympic events and posting scores (and that's if you're an experienced host who knows all the time-saving shortcuts). That's not counting all the time involved in running the signups. The Winter Olympics, while not quite the same scale as the Summer Olympics, are also not something an inexperienced host should take on. The NS Olympics have a discussion thread. They alternate between Winter and Summer Olympics and take place whenever somebody is both willing and able to host one. The next edition will be a Summer Olympics, likely around the time of the Tokyo Olympics. You're definitely welcome to enter a delegation whenever they happen. If you wish to host an NS Olympics at some point, I encourage you to participate in NS Sports, host other stuff and work your way up.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Return to NS Sports