NATION

PASSWORD

Rhapsody in TET

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:13 pm

The Holy Therns wrote:
Auremena wrote:I'm confused at the relevance? Maybe it's cause I've had a drink tonight or I'm just some stupid fucking idiot and should shut my mouth already.
Also cooking. Cooking's a particularly motivating thing at least for me.

Jobs are for dough. Hobbies and political engagement are for meaning.
Not sure how making sure people have access to basic medical treatment like simple yet life saving medications and vaccines is a hobby or political engagement... the dough is irrelevant when there are those dying of eminently treatable conditions and I could be easily help do that with the proper support (not to mention explore new locales otherwise difficult to access and all sorts of interesting people and interesting things abound,) but without any sort of real social ability, how do I get coach to be like AURE ARE YOU READY? GOOD CAUSE YOU"RE GOIN'!
NS's aviation and train sabelotodo.
Post-left anarchist and sad about it.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
Foot worshipper: Lutvikkia. Dakky's mom, I had her with Nana.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Some poetry I write sometimes
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:14 pm

Auremena wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:Also cooking. Cooking's a particularly motivating thing at least for me.

Jobs are for dough. Hobbies and political engagement are for meaning.
Not sure how making sure people have access to basic medical treatment like simple yet life saving medications and vaccines is a hobby or political engagement... the dough is irrelevant when there are those dying of eminently treatable conditions and I could be easily help do that with the proper support (not to mention explore new locales otherwise difficult to access and all sorts of interesting people and interesting things abound,) but without any sort of real social ability, how do I get coach to be like AURE ARE YOU READY? GOOD CAUSE YOU"RE GOIN'!

You said that was something you weren't ready for so I suggested some other things that help make a person less mopey.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:23 pm

The Holy Therns wrote:
Auremena wrote:Not sure how making sure people have access to basic medical treatment like simple yet life saving medications and vaccines is a hobby or political engagement... the dough is irrelevant when there are those dying of eminently treatable conditions and I could be easily help do that with the proper support (not to mention explore new locales otherwise difficult to access and all sorts of interesting people and interesting things abound,) but without any sort of real social ability, how do I get coach to be like AURE ARE YOU READY? GOOD CAUSE YOU"RE GOIN'!
You said that was something you weren't ready for so I suggested some other things that help make a person less mopey.
Not ready mostly cause I can't do that bit about convincing them to send me in.
Like if someone told me that I was going to touch down in say Bangui in September to fight an epidemic say, I'd make myself ready.
All the reasons I'm not ready are my fault though, even if indirectly. Kinda fucked myself too bad to climb out in a lot of regards.
The theory is more of how do I crawl out of my failhole when it's meaning I seek?
It feels futile to think that I can do... anything meaningful. If I did anything it was on accident and didn't intend what it actually did or didn't intend anything and/or made things worse.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:31 pm

The Holy Therns wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:I have a craving for lobster mac and cheese

Never made mac and cheese actually. It's on my to-try list.

Very simple, very Scandinavian - American.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:32 pm

Auremena wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:You said that was something you weren't ready for so I suggested some other things that help make a person less mopey.
Not ready mostly cause I can't do that bit about convincing them to send me in.
Like if someone told me that I was going to touch down in say Bangui in September to fight an epidemic say, I'd make myself ready.
All the reasons I'm not ready are my fault though, even if indirectly. Kinda fucked myself too bad to climb out in a lot of regards.
The theory is more of how do I crawl out of my failhole when it's meaning I seek?
It feels futile to think that I can do... anything meaningful. If I did anything it was on accident and didn't intend what it actually did or didn't intend anything and/or made things worse.

'K. But 'til then, quilting's also cool.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
Also, N A N A ! ! !

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:33 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

Oh I know it's a simple sort of dish, I just never got around to it.

I wouldn't put lobster in it though. Not a fan of shellfish.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
Also, N A N A ! ! !

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:35 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

Sounds casserole-y. Could be good. Won’t know. Lobster hates me.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:36 pm

The Holy Therns wrote:
Auremena wrote:Not ready mostly cause I can't do that bit about convincing them to send me in.

Oooh, crafting. I tried crocheting a while ago. Not very good at it but it helps pass the time.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:37 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Very simple, very Scandinavian - American.

Another reason for me to hate lobster.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
Also, N A N A ! ! !

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:38 pm

The Holy Therns wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Theruuuu, hold me. :hug:

Truthfully, I’m allergic to lobster. Funny thing is, I don’t have issue with any other shellfish.
Slava Ukraini

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:38 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

Oooh, crafting. I tried crocheting a while ago. Not very good at it but it helps pass the time.

I gave that project up ages ago. I found my thing in the kitchen. Cooking's my antidepressant. Gonna get a new slowcooker tomorrow, I have a machine that works for it but it's technically a nabe pot so I wanna get a proper slowcooker to do neat lentil soup with.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
Also, N A N A ! ! !

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:39 pm

The Holy Therns wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I gave that project up ages ago. I found my thing in the kitchen. Cooking's my antidepressant. Gonna get a new slowcooker tomorrow, I have a machine that works for it but it's technically a nabe pot so I wanna get a proper slowcooker to do neat lentil soup with.

Girl, that’s awesome. Anything that’s soothing and productive like that is great.
Slava Ukraini

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:40 pm

The Holy Therns wrote:
Auremena wrote:Not ready mostly cause I can't do that bit about convincing them to send me in.
idk how I'm supposed to take up something new when I've still got half finished and some never started games in my steam library I probably won't ever touch...
Maybe a non-sequetur, but it's the execution of purpose I need, not just something to occupy me.
COYS!

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:44 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

Girl, that’s awesome. Anything that’s soothing and productive like that is great.

I'm not that good at the part where I'm supposed to eat the things but on the plus side, not being a greedy eater means one load of cooking lasts four days. And those are four days where I get up happy knowing I made something elaborate that I get to indulge in.

Curry's the current hit, doing a curry tuna stew for a friend next week. After the chicken mystery box on Tuesday for an entirely different friend.

...I've got a lot of friends who need some cookin' done for them.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
Also, N A N A ! ! !

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:46 pm

Auremena wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:'K. But 'til then, quilting's also cool.
idk how I'm supposed to take up something new when I've still got half finished and some never started games in my steam library I probably won't ever touch...
Maybe a non-sequetur, but it's the execution of purpose I need, not just something to occupy me.

I don't seek purpose, I build it.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
Also, N A N A ! ! !

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:46 pm

The Holy Therns wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I'm not that good at the part where I'm supposed to eat the things but on the plus side, not being a greedy eater means one load of cooking lasts four days. And those are four days where I get up happy knowing I made something elaborate that I get to indulge in.

Curry's the current hit, doing a curry tuna stew for a friend next week. After the chicken mystery box on Tuesday for an entirely different friend.

Curry’s always a good choice. I often make veggie curry, over steamed jasmine or basmati rice. Delicious and filling.

Those friends of yours are lucky.
Slava Ukraini

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:50 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

Curry’s always a good choice. I often make veggie curry, over steamed jasmine or basmati rice. Delicious and filling.

That lentil curry stew thing I did with roasted cashew nuts and lime together with some jasmine rice a while ago was my gateway, I want moar. Moar. Moar.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
Also, N A N A ! ! !

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:52 pm

The Holy Therns wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Very simple, very Scandinavian - American.

I have a craving, I have never had it before.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:54 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

I have a craving, I have never had it before.

It's treatable with my patented prescription cream.

You may feel a stinging sensation but don't worry, usually all the venom's filtered out.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
Also, N A N A ! ! !

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:56 pm

The Holy Therns wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Good, more for me.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:58 pm

The Holy Therns wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:I have a craving, I have never had it before.

You may feel a stinging sensation but don't worry, usually all the venom's filtered out.

Pfft, I am married, I am immune to stinging sensations.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:59 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

Good, more for me.

Never could stand shellfish. Not even shrimp. Actually especially not shrimp. Shrimp is one of the two worst tastes I know. The other one's raisin.

Saffron's a close third.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
Also, N A N A ! ! !

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:59 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

Pfft, I am married, I am immune to stinging sensations.

Curses. Once again I am undone by Mrs. Mermania.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
Also, N A N A ! ! !

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:05 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:I'm not that good at the part where I'm supposed to eat the things but on the plus side, not being a greedy eater means one load of cooking lasts four days. And those are four days where I get up happy knowing I made something elaborate that I get to indulge in.

I miss having my own kitchen. The mustard glazed turkey burgers on a waffle bun with fried egg and maple syrup was a food of beauty.
Yes I was stoned when I came up with it shut up >.>
COYS!

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:05 pm

The Holy Therns wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Good, more for me.

Never could stand shellfish. Not even shrimp. Actually especially not shrimp. Shrimp is one of the two worst tastes I know. The other one's raisin.

Saffron's a close third.

But, but risotto....

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General