NATION

PASSWORD

(DRAFT) Commend Pope Hope

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Sargon Reman
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

(DRAFT) Commend Pope Hope

Postby Sargon Reman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:21 pm

The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING the nation of Pope Hope for significant contributions to the international community in diplomacy and military defense tactics since 2003,

PRAISING the nation of Pope Hope as one of the most consequential defenders of all time, where they served as the Director of the Alliance Defense Network (ADN), one of the most illustrious defense organizations in world history, that consisted of over 30 regions at its height due to the diplomatic acumen of Pope Hope,

IMPRESSED with Pope Hope's skill in intelligence gathering where they founded the nation of Stars of Sky and infiltrated The North Pacific during the rogue Delegacy of Pixiedance, eventually becoming Delegate of The North Pacific and championing landmark constitutional reforms that helped to shape The North Pacific into a renowned international democracy,

RECALLING that Pope Hope contributed significantly to the community of Nasicournia and that under their leadership, a well-regarded roleplay community flourished there, including a reputable defender organization which protected hundreds of innocent regions around the world,

COGNIZANT that Pope Hope created the Nasicournia Intelligence Agency which fielded upwards of 40 intelligence agents at its peak and the NasiCorps military, where Pope Hope lead over 250 deployments and directed the liberation of The North Pacific on two occasions, defended The West Pacific from three attempted invasions, and was notably declared an "Enemy of the State" by the People's Republic of The Pacific (PRP) after undertaking significant diplomatic endeavors to push the PRP out of The West Pacific in December 2005,

AWARE that Pope Hope contributed to the region of Stars, which grew to the size of over 200 nations and served as a well regarded community of former natives of the Pacifics who had been unjustly banned from their homelands during regional coups,

INSPIRED by the sheer diplomatic skill and competence of Pope Hope in being able to unite dozens of illustrious international militaries to accomplish goodwill and peace within the world community,

COMMEMORATING the legacy of Pope Hope so that it may continue to serve as a beacon of light to international posterity,

HEREBY commends Pope Hope.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
This resolution is perhaps the most challenging I have written yet due to faded memories of nations that know Pope Hope and poor accessibility to the ADN forums.

I thank Rom for sharing the information they had gathered on Pope Hope.
Last edited by Sargon Reman on Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Author of SC Resolution #265, #281...and #288.

Numero Capitan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 27, 2007
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Numero Capitan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:51 pm

Has this ever been proposed in that past?

A few comments on the existing draft:

- The 'Recalling' paragraph needs refinement, it doesn't flow very well as the roleplay/defending references get a little confused

- Not sure the Nasi Intelligence Agency references shouldn't be Alliance Intelligence Agency references?

- Interested what defences of the West Pacific you're including?

One glaring omission is the leadership Pope Hope is known to have taken on Defender Unity, for which they were the number one proponent (even if she wasn't the most successful advocate in the eyes of some). At a time when there were a lot of big personalities in the defender world, her commitment to Defender Unity (when it mattered) was essential and the impact has been lasting.

Not sure if these need referencing but for those who aren't aware of Pope Hope's work, she was the first ever (joint-)winner of the Lifetime Achievement in Defending Award, and was voted the most powerful nation in the world in The Mighty Pump of USK's 2005 survey.

If you wanted to add something slightly different in, you could refer to the 'Environpire' of Pope Hope being a forward-thinking environmentally friendly nation that prioritised a clean natural environmental.
Minister of Defense, 00000 A World Power
Minister of Intelligence, FRA
Potato General
Senator and Attorney General, Europeia
Minister of Security and Minister of Justice, The South Pacific
Minister of War, Fidelia
Royal Council, The Last Kingdom
Crown Prince, Unknown and The Brotherhood of Blood
Delegate, REDACTED
REDACTED and REDACTED, REDACTED
REDACTED, REDACTED REDACTED
REDACTED, dont be nosey

Sargon Reman
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sargon Reman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:19 pm

The 2005 survey and the Defender award could be sub points for the RECALLING clause after I refurbish it, including Defender Unity.The intelligence reference is in fact Nasicournia intelligence which Pope Hope also played a role in. I'm having trouble finding the TWP defences she was involved in because of the lack of info I will have to look at that further. The idea about something on an Enviropire would be a nice touch since she influenced RP.

Bormiar
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bormiar » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 pm

We (the SC) have had this conversation a few times. Please don't list awards as basis for an award.

Ethan Allen
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethan Allen » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:37 pm

I’ll have to vote against this.
Prince of Vermont
Libertarian/Anarcho-Capitalist

Dilber
Attaché

Founded: May 03, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Dilber » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:40 pm

The PRP was not significantly in the West Pacific in late 2005. Late 2005 had the Core-coup attempt, which led to me going over to the PRP. At the time, the PRP had a newspaper outlet in the West, and was making in-roads diplomatically but there was no invasion on-going at the time. I believe Ivan had a nation in the region as well, but it was not in government nor making any attempts to getting there.

The first re-taking of the TNP was led by Free4All I believe, not Pope. Pope was in charge of the Stars puppetmaster attempt.
Last edited by Dilber on Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:48 pm

Sargon Reman wrote:...under their leadership, a well-regarded roleplay community flourished there...

While I wholeheartedly support your proposal, this reference to "roleplay" currently makes it illegal under Rule 4c.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Sargon Reman
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sargon Reman » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:05 pm

Dilber wrote:The PRP was not significantly in the West Pacific in late 2005. Late 2005 had the Core-coup attempt, which led to me going over to the PRP. At the time, the PRP had a newspaper outlet in the West, and was making in-roads diplomatically but there was no invasion on-going at the time. I believe Ivan had a nation in the region as well, but it was not in government nor making any attempts to getting there.

The first re-taking of the TNP was led by Free4All I believe, not Pope. Pope was in charge of the Stars puppetmaster attempt.

Thanks Dilber. I will fix this soon.

Sargon Reman
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sargon Reman » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:06 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Sargon Reman wrote:...under their leadership, a well-regarded roleplay community flourished there...

While I wholeheartedly support your proposal, this reference to "roleplay" currently makes it illegal under Rule 4c.

Thank you. I had actually wondered the same thing but when I asked on Discord someone said that it was legal. I will fix this soon. Sorry if I am sluggish but I am going through a bad phase of the flu in RL.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:52 am

Dilber wrote:The PRP was not significantly in the West Pacific in late 2005. Late 2005 had the Core-coup attempt, which led to me going over to the PRP. At the time, the PRP had a newspaper outlet in the West, and was making in-roads diplomatically but there was no invasion on-going at the time. I believe Ivan had a nation in the region as well, but it was not in government nor making any attempts to getting there.

My nation in TWP would later be part of the Triumvirate.

On topic - including SoS seems problematic since it was controlled by several players, several of whom maintained UN(?) nations at the same time - so multi-ing.

It also wasn’t successful in infiltrating the NPD as can be seen in the private discussions which have been in the public domain for about a decade now. What happened after the NPD is another matter.

Otherwise, looks good to me.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council