NATION

PASSWORD

Gun Control 2022 (IV) - Gun Rights, Control, & Government

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Your thoughts on pistol braces? (See top of OP for information)

Ban modern sporting rifles
15%
Pistol braces should be outlawed and current restrictions on SBRs remain in place
11%
Pistol braces should be outlawed but current restrictions on SBRs should be removed
4%
Pistol braces should be allowed and current restrictions on SBRs should remain
13%
Pistol braces should be allowed but current restrictions on SBRs should be removed
58%

Total votes : 786

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:22 pm

Grahnol wrote:

Hah, suck that fucking shit Corporate Power-Hungry Black Prince Bloomberg! Bloomberg's already a fucking laughable ''''presidential candidate'''' for his brain-deprived PR moves, political gaffes, being the kind of billionaire he is and the fact that he hypocritically is a strong supporter for gun control whilst wanting to mass police specifically minority neighbourhoods but the facts he's gone to this point of getting rampaged by gun rights supporters and others who hate him at his events to show how much they hate him and how disagreeable he is really tells something.

Also, what even the fuck is with the Virginian government just straight up not doing what its people want? I've heard immigration from California is a factor but literally the entire state government are gun control-screaming Democrats who weren't even supported by their own people to ever enforce gun control. I bet an elitist majoritarian stance on voting has something to do with the people not getting what they want, since, say, about one-third of the population votes, if they got even barely above 50% they get to have everything they want enforced, much to the chagrin of literally everyone else. Such voting stance where the bare majority gets to have disproportionate control over democracy is also an inherently conformist stance that favours those who conform with the majority and tells everyone else to conform or not be listened to, completely neglecting those with different views.

bloomberg is a cancer plain and simple. With that I'll let Colion Noir explain further.
Micheal Bloomberg Video Proves Why Gun Control Is Racist With Video He Tried To Block

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:16 am

So the brady clowns and dipshits have decided to go for round two in suing Armslist.
Family of Murdered Chicago Cop Sues ARMSLIST
The last time these idiots tried this, it got tossed.
If at first you don’t succeed, sue, sue again. You may remember that ARMSLIST was the target of a Brady Campaign-backed lawsuit after a man shot up a Wisconsin beauty salon in 2012, killing his wife and two others. He’d bought the gun he used in the crime in a private transaction that had been advertised on ARMSLIST.

That long-running lawsuit was finally brought to a permanent end in November when the US Supreme Court refused to hear the case. Lower courts had already struck the case down, ruling that ARMSLIST is protect by provisions of Communications Decency Act because the online platform is functionally no different that any other seller of advertising.

Now, as the Chicago Sun-Times reports, the widow of a Chicago police officer who was killed in the line of duty in 2018 has filed a similar suit against ARMSLIST.

Satuga
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Satuga » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:23 am

So let me get this straight, man buys gun legally, commits a crime with it, get's shot by police, and now his family is suing the people who sold him the legally bought gun? Wow that's really fucking stupid.
Alt-Acc: Kronotek.
Funny quotes:
Infected Mushroom wrote:I don’t like democracy. It’s messy, disorderly, unclean.

I much prefer uniforms, soldiers, clear lines of authority, order.
Tarsonis wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:Can the pair of you go do it in one of the myriad American politics threads?

(Image)

So help me I will throw your tea into the harbor again

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:50 am

Satuga wrote:So let me get this straight, man buys gun legally, commits a crime with it, get's shot by police, and now his family is suing the people who sold him the legally bought gun? Wow that's really fucking stupid.

If you thought THAT is stupid, check out this Democrat who opened her mouth and removed all doubt. Not sure how I missed this gem earlier, but wow, could she be any more ignorant?

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:18 am

Satuga wrote:So let me get this straight, man buys gun legally, commits a crime with it, get's shot by police, and now his family is suing the people who sold him the legally bought gun? Wow that's really fucking stupid.

Exactly. It's like suing a car company because a drunk driver hit someone.

Maybe I should move to Arizona.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:45 am

Paddy O Fernature wrote:

If you thought THAT is stupid, check out this Democrat who opened her mouth and removed all doubt. Not sure how I missed this gem earlier, but wow, could she be any more ignorant?

Doesn't surprise me, amy k is a fucking moron and a typical dipshit from the minneapolis area.

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:47 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:

Exactly. It's like suing a car company because a drunk driver hit someone.

It would be more akin to suing a newspaper for running a car ad, and someone used a car to kill people.
This whole it's someone else's fault bullshit needs to die.

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:08 am

Congresswoman Lucy McBath and Everytown For Gun Safety involved in a FEC complaint
Nonprofit watchdog group Americans for Public Trust filed complaints with the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) against Reps. Madeleine Dean, D-Pa., Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., and Lucy McBath, D-Ga., calling for investigations of possible violations of House rules and federal law. The organization, founded by former National Republican Congressional Committee research director Caitlin Sutherland, also filed complaints against Dean and McBath with the Federal Election Commission (FEC).

The complaints against McBath are connected to money her campaign received from the advocacy group Everytown for Gun Safety. McBath had been employed by Everytown prior to launching her congressional campaign in March 2018, and the complaint states that she remained employed there for roughly two more months. During that time, she appeared on television as both a candidate and a spokesperson for Everytown.

The complaints also allege that McBath received money from Everytown for her campaign during that time, even though Everytown reported in an FEC filing that they first began contributing to McBath's campaign on April 25, 2018.

"However, Everytown began spending in the election for Georgia’s 6th Congressional District while Representative McBath was still serving as the group’s national spokesperson," the OCE complaint says. "It is not publicly known what level of involvement Representative McBath had in Everytown’s expenditures against her eventual general election opponent while she was still employed by Everytown."
Last edited by Grinning Dragon on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:10 am

Grinning Dragon wrote:Congresswoman Lucy McBath and Everytown For Gun Safety involved in a FEC complaint
Nonprofit watchdog group Americans for Public Trust filed complaints with the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) against Reps. Madeleine Dean, D-Pa., Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., and Lucy McBath, D-Ga., calling for investigations of possible violations of House rules and federal law. The organization, founded by former National Republican Congressional Committee research director Caitlin Sutherland, also filed complaints against Dean and McBath with the Federal Election Commission (FEC).

The complaints against McBath are connected to money her campaign received from the advocacy group Everytown for Gun Safety. McBath had been employed by Everytown prior to launching her congressional campaign in March 2018, and the complaint states that she remained employed there for roughly two more months. During that time, she appeared on television as both a candidate and a spokesperson for Everytown.

The complaints also allege that McBath received money from Everytown for her campaign during that time, even though Everytown reported in an FEC filing that they first began contributing to McBath's campaign on April 25, 2018.

"However, Everytown began spending in the election for Georgia’s 6th Congressional District while Representative McBath was still serving as the group’s national spokesperson," the OCE complaint says. "It is not publicly known what level of involvement Representative McBath had in Everytown’s expenditures against her eventual general election opponent while she was still employed by Everytown."

... I would love to see this topple Everytown. Probably not gonna happen. But that would make me happy.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:27 am

The Emerald Legion wrote:

... I would love to see this topple Everytown. Probably not gonna happen. But that would make me happy.

Same thoughts as well. I'd like to see every anti gun group burned to the ground and its ashes launched into the sun.
Last edited by Grinning Dragon on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cantelo
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cantelo » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:32 am

Forever a Pilgrim; Oviedo - Santiago de Compostela 370km
Kingdom of Cantelo - Reín de Cantelo - Regne de Cantelo - Reialme de Cantelo
At a Glance | Cardona Journal | Queen Isabella I | Parliament of Cantelo | National Anthem of Cantelo
I like making flags for fun, shoot me a telegram if you’d like one made!
Spanish-American college student with an addiction to sushi. Political Compass

Satuga
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Satuga » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:35 am

Lmao and I thought I was being stupid when I thought handgun clips were called magazines lol
Funny quotes:
Infected Mushroom wrote:I don’t like democracy. It’s messy, disorderly, unclean.

Tarsonis wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:Can the pair of you go do it in one of the myriad American politics threads?

(Image)

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:45 am

Grinning Dragon wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Exactly. It's like suing a car company because a drunk driver hit someone.

It would be more akin to suing a newspaper for running a car ad, and someone used a car to kill people.
This whole it's someone else's fault bullshit needs to die.

That's an even better description.
Grinning Dragon wrote:Congresswoman Lucy McBath and Everytown For Gun Safety involved in a FEC complaint

I hope this brings down Everytown. Bring it down!
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:04 am

How about...
Rep. Diana DeGette Doesn't Understand High-Capacity Magazines Can Be Reloaded

Or the idiot and all around dipshit, biden; who says you shouldn't be allowed 50 clips in a gun. I'd love to see a gun that can hold 50 clips.
:rofl: fucking morons.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:48 am

Grinning Dragon wrote:

How about...

Or the idiot and all around dipshit, biden; who says you shouldn't be allowed 50 clips in a gun. I'd love to see a gun that can hold 50 clips.

People are so durn ignorant. It's like how people use the word bullet to refer to the whole round, when the bullet is only part of it.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:52 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Grinning Dragon wrote:How about...

People are so durn ignorant. It's like how people use the word bullet to refer to the whole round, when the bullet is only part of it.

What gets me, is the hubris of those espousing such nonsense as if they are experts in the subject matter, when clearly they are not.
This goes for any politician/news talking head/ govt official, etc., kills me even further that there are people out there who believe just about every word being spoken by those who know nothing about firearms, let alone the plethora of firearm laws already on the books.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:56 am

Grinning Dragon wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:People are so durn ignorant. It's like how people use the word bullet to refer to the whole round, when the bullet is only part of it.

What gets me, is the hubris of those espousing such nonsense as if they are experts in the subject matter, when clearly they are not.
This goes for any politician/news talking head/ govt official, etc., kills me even further that there are people out there who believe just about every word being spoken by those who know nothing about firearms, let alone the plethora of firearm laws already on the books.

I wish people would learn to think for themselves, and take anything a politician says with a couple pounds of salt.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

The Two Jerseys
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Two Jerseys » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:55 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:People are so durn ignorant. It's like how people use the word bullet to refer to the whole round, when the bullet is only part of it.

See, it has a bullet tube and a shooty switch and everything!
"The Duke of Texas" is too formal for regular use. Just call me "Your Grace".
"If I would like to watch goodness, sanity, God and logic being fucked I would watch Japanese porn." -Nightkill the Emperor
"This thread makes me wish I was a moron so that I wouldn't have to comprehend how stupid the topic is." -The Empire of Pretantia
Head of State: HM King Louis
Head of Government: The Rt. Hon. James O'Dell MP, Prime Minister
Ambassador to the World Assembly: HE Sir John Ross "J.R." Ewing II, Bt.
Join Excalibur Squadron. We're Commandos who fly Spitfires. Chicks dig Commandos who fly Spitfires.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:25 pm

The Two Jerseys wrote:
Grinning Dragon wrote:What gets me, is the hubris of those espousing such nonsense as if they are experts in the subject matter, when clearly they are not.

well just ask Angelina Jolie she kicked ass with one of those and a couple of cleaning liquids and a rag in (Salt)
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:47 pm

The Two Jerseys wrote:
Grinning Dragon wrote:What gets me, is the hubris of those espousing such nonsense as if they are experts in the subject matter, when clearly they are not.

And it can waste someone in mere seconds by suffocation. San Andreas told me so.
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Satuga
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Satuga » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:03 am

Grinning Dragon wrote:

How about...

https://youtu.be/PUoH1QY4CyM
Check mate gun lover 8)
Funny quotes:

Tarsonis wrote:

(Image)

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:10 am

NO! Just NO.
U.S. Senator Kamala D. Harris Joins Colleagues in Introducing Gun Safety Bill to Mandate Preservation, Disclosure of Federal Gun Data
Since 2003, Republicans have restricted the ability of the ATF and FBI to collect, preserve and make public a range of gun records and data by attaching so called “Tiahrt Amendments” to the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) yearly funding bill. This legislation would repeal the following Tiahrt provisions:

Ending the prohibition on the ATF from releasing firearm trace data for use by cities, states, researchers, litigants and members of the public;

Ending the requirement for the FBI to destroy all approved gun purchaser records within 24 hours of approval;

Ending the provision that makes it extremely difficult for ATF to retrieve firearms from prohibited persons who are mistakenly sold guns or from gun owners who become ineligible to possess guns;

Ending the prohibition on ATF requiring gun dealers to submit their inventories to law enforcement; (Gun dealer inventories facilitate enforcement of the federal law requiring dealers to report the loss or theft of firearms and help law enforcement oversee the more than 50,000 firearms dealers nationwide. According to a 2008 analysis by the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, more than 30,000 guns in the inventories of firearms dealers were unaccounted for in 2007.)

Ending the prohibition on public disclosure of data on multiple handgun sales, as well as gun sales information dealers are required to keep that may be required to be reported to the U.S. Attorney General for determining the disposition of one or more firearms in the course of a bona fide criminal investigation.
Source: Senator Kamala D. Harris

Some more, NO!
ATF Proposes Step to Make a National Gun Registry Easier
The ATF has issued new rules that will alter the format for Form 4473’s and make it easier to create a national gun registry.
Here’s what we know. ATF agents have used annual inspections to electronically record the contents of Form 4473’s being kept by federal gun dealers. See here and here.

We also know that a software company exhibiting its wares at the Shot Show in Las Vegas has crafted a system where ATF can take the contents of all the dealer’s Bound Book entries (which contain all of the buyer’s personal information and gun information which is on a Form 4473) by simply capturing them on a thumb drive.

We know that billionaire “Midget Mike” Bloomberg has made Universal Background Checks/National Gun Registries the centerpiece of his $2 BILLION campaign for the presidency — presumably because, if everyone with a gun has a 4473, then everyone with a gun will be in the national gun registry being compiled by ATF, using its copies of 4473’s.

And we know that the ATF is now trying to put the names of gun owners on the same page of the 4473 as the identifying information of the gun. See here.

But if they’re successful with changing the 4473 in this way, it will be much easier for ATF to create a national gun registry by photographing paper documents.

So it appears that we have an answer to the almost inexplicable question of why ATF is crawling over glass now to reincarnate the format for the 4473 which was junked decades ago.

This is, of course, one piece of the National Gun Registry strategy.

But, given that ATF is required by law to receive comments between now and February 24, it is worth our time to let them know that we know what they’re up to.

So please, go above to urge our federal government to REJECT the proposed changes to the 4473 form.

Again, let them know that bureaucrats shouldn’t be making it easier to register the firearms of law-abiding gun owners!

Some good news?
BREAKING: Virginia Senate Committee Votes to Postpone ‘Assault Weapon’ Ban Bill Consideration Until 2021 Session
Senators voted to shelve the bill for the year and ask the state crime commission to study the issue, an outcome that drew cheers from a committee room packed with gun advocates.

Four moderate Democrats joined Republicans in Monday’s committee vote, rejecting legislation that would have prohibited the sale of certain semiautomatic firearms, including popular AR-15 style rifles, and banned the possession of magazines that hold more than 12 rounds.

The bill was a top priority for Northam, a Democrat who has campaigned heavily for a broad package of gun-control measures.

Knight of the New Decade
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Knight of the New Decade » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:16 am

Violence is a sin!

Kulaka mulaka ge sai lai lufte de santra mekitu ya koya sabu koya be moma koya ya keya zabooba!

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:18 am

Knight of the New Decade wrote:Violence is a sin!

Kulaka mulaka ge sai lai lufte de santra mekitu ya koya sabu koya be moma koya ya keya zabooba!

No it isn't.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:21 am

Knight of the New Decade wrote:Violence is a sin!

Sorry chap, but do you mind terribly posting that second part in English?
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General