NATION

PASSWORD

[Cards] Pack generation limited by IP?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Corporate Police State

[Cards] Pack generation limited by IP?

Postby 9003 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:46 am

As the title suggest I am wondering if there is an internal clock that basically says you can not get a pack more then x seconds per IP.

While I have long had insanely fast issue answering abilities due to hotkeys a recent dabble into HTML and a friend working some coding magic has allowed me to legally (following the 1:1 rule) farm cards at breakneck speed. However I noticed now most of my puppets only have 0 packs with one in a bluemoon having 1 after two days of issue answering (7-8 issues in total per puppet) via breakneck speeds.

While yes I could chalk it up to really bad RNG after 20 puppets and a total of 5 packs I wanted to at least pose the question is it possabile to answer issues to fast to generate packs? If so I will gladly slow down.

I will start to monitor more formal data then just anecdotal data the next few days as well and post my findings below.

Thank you for your time!
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

Active member of The cards market place discord

Earthbound Immortal Squad
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Earthbound Immortal Squad » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:50 am

I'm not sure about IP. But I have about a dozen puppets and one in particular almost never gets a pack and when it does it has never gone beyond an ultra rare. I created it around the same time as a few others and I don't get problems there.
Merry Christmas!

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:08 pm

I know the same experience.
My nations will never have the same luck. Some will get pack, in no time. while no other will go through 25 issues and not get a single pack.
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:41 pm

It does seem pretty random to me. Usually when I answer my 5 issues, i'm lucky to get one, often none.

Though sometimes i'll get 2 out of 5, and just the other day I had gotten 3 or 4 out of 5. I couldn't believe it.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:56 pm

I don't know if it has to do with IP, but I know around the time season two came out it was changed to make sure it couldn't go too fast anymore--previously you could rapidly click to open the 'open new pack' page in a new tab, and if you just kept clicking it really fast, the game would let you open a whole bunch of tabs, as many as you could click before the original page loaded and 'caught up.' This let you open more packs than you actually were supposed to have on the nation, sometimes even going past your deck limit.

After the change, it seems to be the opposite: opening packs too quickly causes them to actually disappear: the pack vanishes but no cards are received. I forget the specific error message the game gives.

I'd love to see it be somewhere in the middle so that the 'cheating' of the original setup is prevented but it also doesn't punish farmers for just trying to go through their puppets at top speed.

I'm not sure how relevant all of this is to your question, 9003, because I think we had discussed it before, so I assume you know about it and are getting a different problem. (I think it was even you that tipped me off I had to wait for the loading icon on a new tab to disappear to safely open another pack.) But without knowing how your new hotkeys work, it seems pretty close to what you're experiencing.
rəswɛsən

Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby 9003 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:04 am

I was noticing a lack of packs spawning in the first place I will report again after today's run as that will be close to 15 issues for each puppet and we'll see how many packs come up from it.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:37 am

9003 wrote:I will report again after today's run as that will be close to 15 issues for each puppet

I'm limited to 5 issues per puppet. Do you have a special switch that lets you get triple issues?

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:53 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
9003 wrote:I will report again after today's run as that will be close to 15 issues for each puppet

I'm limited to 5 issues per puppet. Do you have a special switch that lets you get triple issues?

he probably mean he answered 5 issues two times already, and is going to answer 5 more issues before checking how many pack he gots.
I often do the same.
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.

Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby 9003 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:09 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:

I wish! 15 total issues my apologies for any confusion.

I did end up with an average of 3 packs per puppet with 1 reaching 9 packs but 90% are 3-4.

I will keep on tracking the data but I am much more inclined to say that ya, I just had a really freaky unlucky day that first day to not turn up more then a handful of packs across 100+ puppets

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:07 pm

9003 wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:I'm limited to 5 issues per puppet. Do you have a special switch that lets you get triple issues?

I wish! 15 total issues my apologies for any confusion.

I did end up with an average of 3 packs per puppet with 1 reaching 9 packs but 90% are 3-4.

I will keep on tracking the data but I am much more inclined to say that ya, I just had a really freaky unlucky day that first day to not turn up more then a handful of packs across 100+ puppets

Well. I have answered 25 issues over the last day, with 35 nations,
and so far, I got an average of 5,77143 packs. Some nations had 9 packs. while other nations have suffered terrible luck, one even got 0 pack in 25 issues. some got 2
still haven't checked my others nations

UPDATE

I've gone with my 39 dragonias farmer, over like 24 issues and got. average pack is 5,718
I tend to believe, that people who have many nations, should often end with the same number of packs. there is just always some nations who end up with fewers packs then others, and maybe one who suffer like hell.
Last edited by Fauzjhia on Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:58 am

Lol 9003... only you would get a run of bad luck and come to the conclusion that you must be *too fast* for the trading card game :p

I'd love to have a farming speed competition at some point if I didn't know you'd blow everybody else out of the water.
rəswɛsən

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical