NATION

PASSWORD

NS stats make zero sense lmao

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Lothric-
Secretary

Founded: May 02, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

NS stats make zero sense lmao

Postby Lothric- » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:25 pm

So I got the issue Arms Manufacturies Strike! (Assuming that Arms Manufacturing was there bc it's my biggest industry) and the options were basically raise wages or lessen the laws that protect the worker, allowing the strikers to be fired..

So, assuming that letting the workers be fired would be best for my rich business owners, I chose it. Next thing I see, the average income of the rich AND wealth gaps dropped, and income equality rose..like what?

So, how does allowing for the poor and middle class to be dismissed for wanting a raise HELP them make more money? You'd think being fired would make you poorer, but this issue seems to have the opposite effects. Probably just poor NS mechanics, like usual. :clap:

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:45 pm

Lothric- wrote:So I got the issue Arms Manufacturies Strike! (Assuming that Arms Manufacturing was there bc it's my biggest industry) and the options were basically raise wages or lessen the laws that protect the worker, allowing the strikers to be fired..

So, assuming that letting the workers be fired would be best for my rich business owners, I chose it. Next thing I see, the average income of the rich AND wealth gaps dropped, and income equality rose..like what?

So, how does allowing for the poor and middle class to be dismissed for wanting a raise HELP them make more money? You'd think being fired would make you poorer, but this issue seems to have the opposite effects. Probably just poor NS mechanics, like usual. :clap:

With all due respect, firing the people that make you money doesn’t seem to make rich people richer. And it’s not about the Poor getting MORE money to catch up with the rich, it’s about the richest and the poorest being closer in monetary value, if that makes sense.
Last edited by Boda on Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

Lothric-
Secretary

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lothric- » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:38 pm

Sooo...the issue's choices are basically screw over my rich and my industry, or screw over my rich? Should've just dismissed this crappy issue then, if that's the case.

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:59 pm

Lothric- wrote:Sooo...the issue's choices are basically screw over my rich and my industry, or screw over my rich? Should've just dismissed this crappy issue then, if that's the case.

No, the other choice of the issue does NOT screw over the rich. Read your issues carefully man.
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

Lothric-
Secretary

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lothric- » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:13 pm

Boda wrote:
Lothric- wrote:Sooo...the issue's choices are basically screw over my rich and my industry, or screw over my rich? Should've just dismissed this crappy issue then, if that's the case.

No, the other choice of the issue does NOT screw over the rich. Read your issues carefully man.

The other option was giving the workers a raise and increasing workers rights though... ;)

Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 31, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Noahs Second Country » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:21 pm

Lothric- wrote:So I got the issue Arms Manufacturies Strike! (Assuming that Arms Manufacturing was there bc it's my biggest industry) and the options were basically raise wages or lessen the laws that protect the worker, allowing the strikers to be fired..

Oftentimes issues do not have all available options, rather, they have the most interesting ones so that you think much more about your decision. I find myself dismissing issues fairly often especially on puppets that are very stat oriented. There is no harm in dismissing issues that could hurt your stats.
Westinor wrote:Who knew the face of Big Farma could be the greatest hero of the Cards Proleteriat?
Honeydewistania wrote:Such spunk and arrogance that he welcomes the brigade of hatred!
Orcuo wrote:The plan was foolproof! Unfortunately, I didn’t make it Noah-proof.
WeKnow wrote:I am not a fan of his in the slightest.
Benevolent 0 wrote:You can't seem to ever portray yourself straight.
Bormiar wrote: reckless and greedy, closer to a character issue than something to be rewarded.
Second Best™ - 7x Issues Author, 7x SC Author, Editor, Ex-Minister of Cards of the North Pacific

Merconitonitopia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Merconitonitopia » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:22 pm

There is a thread for this.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=424650

NationStates is run by volunteers. Please show respect.
Last edited by Merconitonitopia on Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical