NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations (2nd Era, OOC, Always Open )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

How should we carry on - ( comment what you voted after voting, THIS IS MANDATORY )

Poll ended at Mon May 11, 2020 5:40 am

1. Carry on in the year 2975
68%
2. Skip to the year 2970
14%
3. Skip to the year 2945
18%

Total votes : 22

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

New Civilizations (2nd Era, OOC, Always Open )

Postby Joohan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:22 am

-NEW CIVILIZATIONS-

Joohan, G-Tech Corporation, Kelmet
Welcome to the 2nd Era...

INTRODUCTIONS

You're an old soul in a new world. You are given no explanation - no cause of knowing how you arrived here - nor reason for being here. You don't know where or when you have landed. You are alone, you are naked, and no one is looking for you.You have come just in time to witness the end of humanities blank slate: the time before history and civilization. Man is finally beginning to understand his real power, and will soon understand his place in the world. You, are the product his quest for knowledge and mastery over the Earth. You have seen the culmination of 5,000 years labor, before miraculously being sent back to the beginning of it all. No reason was given to you for arriving here, so you must make the reason! Why were you sent to the beginning of time? How did you shape our journey? The history books are blank once again, and you - you shall be it's author!

Welcome to New Civilizations! A game, which sends you, either your literal self, or a person very like yourself, back 5,000 years into the past - the dawn of history, and civilization! You've no explanation of how you arrived, or even why you are here. Not only has the world changed around you, but you have changed as well! From the day you arrive in the past, forever onward, you will not age. You've become a timeless immortal! What is more, you are able to, unconsciously and instinctively, understand and speak every language you come into contact with! Your body has become immune to receiving or transmuting disease - though you are still able to be killed by other unnatural means. Sent to the past, as a timeless and neigh immortal, you are free to shape history and mankind's journey over the millennia as you see fit - restrained only by your reason, your means, and ( of course ) other authors. Typically though, you are expected to fashion some kind of civilization or culture - though this is an ultimate sandbox game. New Civilizations is one of the oldest and most successful Role Play games in the history of NationStates.net, with the very first iteration having been made all the way back in 2016! In joining our ranks as a fellow Author of mankind's new history, you shall count yourself among some of the most accomplished and imaginative members of the role playing community! We're always open, to new and old players alike!

Limits and Expectations

1.General NS rules
2. You may not post your author profile to the author list until you have been accepted by either I or G-tech.
3. Your Author cannot be someone who just happens to be perfectly suited for the time period. You can't be an expert in metallurgy, blacksmithing, masonry, and carpentry. Your Author should be an otherwise normal person with normal skills. It is preferred that your Author resemble you as much as possible ( be yourself if you want ), but it is not required.
4. The people of the year 3,000 B.C., are not stupid - or even that ignorant. They are, in their own way, usually just as logical and reasonable as you are now - you crafting some bronze and making a shovel isn't going to make people think you are a god. What is more, these people aren't going to make you chief of their village simply because you killed the old chief in a fight. That'd be unreasonable today, it'd be unreasonable then. Treat the NPC's like they were actual human beings with fully functioning brains.
5. You arrive in this world naked - literally. You come in with nothing.
6. There is no set rule for time skips. At opportune moments in the story, I will do a small global skip 5 years into the future. Every participant will be warned ahead of time of when this skip will happen. Prior to these skips, try not to jump more than a few years ahead in your characters development.
7. You are free to write the reactions of NPC's as you see fit. On occasion, I or a CO-OP might intervene simply to make the story more interesting. You are limited in reacting for the NPC's of another Author's civilization by what that particular Author will permit ( if allowing you to react on their behalf at all ).
8. You will arrive in this world, after having awoken from sleep.
9. Your Author should not just instantly be cool with their situation; some kind of panic should be expected.
10. Skills listed in your Author Profile should be specific, relevant to your current situation, and things to which you posses a degree expertise at. You actually must be an expert at the skill which you list, in order to declare that you have it.
11. Do not list any of the following as a skill: historical knowledge, oration, charisma, leadership, military tactics - ( In regards to military tactics, you must be specific in what you mean, in listing exactly what strategy you posses an expertise in. Armchair knowledge is not an acceptable answer, and only real world experience is regarded ).
12. You may not be given admin rights to the, New World History Book, until your Author has actively participated in New Civilizations for at minimum of two time skips.
13. During a debate or point of contention, any statement dropped by the OP which is highlighted as **** Example Text ****, is to be regarded as the final and absolute statement on the matter - no further debate being permitted upon that particular subject.

AUTHOR PROFILE

Code: Select all
[size=200][i][b]Author Applicaiton[/b][/i][/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height and Weight:[/b]
[b]Skin, hair, and eye description:[/b]
[b]( Optional ) Picture:[/b]

[b]Prior Profession:[/b]
[b]Level of education ( specify degrees or note worthy classes ):[/b]
[b]Physique description:[/b]
[b]Useful skills:[/b]

[b]National Origin:[/b]
[b]What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?:[/b]
[b]Description of personality:[/b]
[b]Where in the world are you landing?:[/b]

[b]Autobiography/Biography ( paragraph minimum ):[/b]

[b]Writing Sample:[/b]

( Optional on down)
[b]What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?:[/b]
[b]What people or places are you taking inspiration from?:[/b]
[b]Why did you chose to land where you did?:[/b]
[b]What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?:[/b]
[b]What are your character's motivations?:[/b]
[b]Theme Song?:[/b]
[b]What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?:[/b]
Last edited by Joohan on Mon May 04, 2020 9:13 am, edited 14 times in total.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:23 am

CURRENT GLOBAL YEAR:
2975 B.C.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:27 am

I tried hitting you all with the old, razzle-dazzle, by adding some Egyptian hieroglyphics to the OP. Turns out, the NS script does not deal well with either hieroglyphics or the old razzle-dazzle, and my computer almost had a heart attack.

The map has been fully updated minus a few civ's who are are still at a point of debate or conflict - or Reatra ( please send your stuff again ). If you find anything out of place or missing, please bring it up.

Everyone who is still finishing up their posts from 2980 are free to do what you need to - but try getting them done within the week. Everyone else, you are free to post in the year 2975 ( though do refrain from mentioning those civilizations still in 2980 settling conflicts ).

The Encyclopedia shall be opened soon, with the introduction of the wiki. Likewise, the gallery as soon as commissioned artwork is finished.
Last edited by Joohan on Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:49 am

Ooh. Dazzle dazzle
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:01 am

A few new features are going to be introduced to the 2nd era, game play wise, to account for the growing influence which Authors have upon the world.

1. NPC civilizations will begin to rise in area's around successful author civilizations. These NPC states will rise as random events in reaction to successful Author civ's near them. They will vary in flavor and style ( which will be somewhat detailed in their corresponding event ), and will adopt traits from their neighbors: technology, governance, industry, tactics, etc. However, they will be a non-compliant power. Were as previously un-aligned settlements could be easily swayed into joining an Author's civilization, NPC civ's will be more hostile and not willing to easily assimilate. Consider these primitive civilizations to be obstacles. You will be free to role play your interactions with them ( Pending I or G-tech's intervention ), but they should be considered as legitimate road blocks.

2. If an Author must regrettably leave our game, it may be possible ( depending upon the caliber of their work ) that their civilization shall live on in their absence - as a unique NPC civilization.

This next part isn't really a new game feature, but it is more of just a general announcement. Because Northern Europe is comparatively OP when compared to the rest of the world right now, every one of those civ's is going to have an interesting time during this new time skip. Needless to say, prepare for some Serious disaster events.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:04 am

@ Joohan: I have a short list of built up civilizations for NPCs that I’ll work to get to you this afternoon.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:06 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:@ Joohan: I have a short list of built up civilizations for NPCs that I’ll work to get to you this afternoon.

Fantastic. I have some planned out already, and i'd love to hear what you have.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:10 am

*Looks at map*

Wait a second.... Javin's on the wrong river.. and the country itself is missing. The Indus River already had a civilization going before and during this time period.

Please note: I haven't filled in all towns and settlements, just the largest ones. Populates are approx. for the true locations with estimations for the more minor cities.

Areas outside of the outlined area include both historical and approximated cities. And I included the Kingdom on the Ganges which defeated Javin in Patna. Lower Indus cities are all actual locations, though not all of the cities I could find have been included.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:17 am

@ Plzen: Saw your posts from last IC - I’ll process them fully later when I have time at a computer and give them a thunk.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:18 am

Pardon if this is ignorant but... Is this thread for an rp that's already going or... Is this a reboot? I'm seeing links and references to stuff that's already happened so I'm confused.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:19 am

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:Pardon if this is ignorant but... Is this thread for an rp that's already going or... Is this a reboot? I'm seeing links and references to stuff that's already happened so I'm confused.

An ongoing RP, but a vast one - we still have room for dozens more of RPers, if you like the concept.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:24 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:Pardon if this is ignorant but... Is this thread for an rp that's already going or... Is this a reboot? I'm seeing links and references to stuff that's already happened so I'm confused.

An ongoing RP, but a vast one - we still have room for dozens more of RPers, if you like the concept.

What's it look like? Is it going to be too confusing?... If there is like several PC nations and they are already quite advanced and there's a long history already my (newly arrived?) character is going be way out of their depth XD

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:27 am

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:

What's it look like? Is it going to be too confusing?... If there is like several PC nations and they are already quite advanced and there's a long history already my (newly arrived?) character is going be way out of their depth XD

By and large? The world is untouched, unformed, a Neolithic tableau only waiting on an artist to shape it.

If you show up exactly where another Author has been for a while, you’ll be reading a bit of history - but you don’t need to know any of that as long as you don’t show up on ~2% of the world’s surface.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:32 am

Joohan wrote:This next part isn't really a new game feature, but it is more of just a general announcement. Because Northern Europe is comparatively OP when compared to the rest of the world right now, every one of those civ's is going to have an interesting time during this new time skip. Needless to say, prepare for some Serious disaster events.

To be honest, it's only the Imperium...

The Commonwealth may be sophisticated and Icedonia powerful, but punch-for-punch none of us can hold our own against Sumer. It's only the Imperium that holds such a large advantage over everyone else.

G-Tech Corporation wrote:@ Plzen: Saw your posts from last IC - I’ll process them fully later when I have time at a computer and give them a thunk.

Send your notes to Saxony-Brandenburg before you post anything IC. :p
Last edited by Plzen on Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

3rdBritan
Envoy

Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby 3rdBritan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:43 am

I guess Assyria never survive the time skip?

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:52 am

Yo what the
What the frick
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:55 am

Sup lads.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:06 am

Question for the California author, did he make any stops in the Northwestern Americas?
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:11 am

RC References Document
Note: Do not quote this post!

Total World Population - 14,000,000, of which:
-- Africa 1,001,000, of which:
-- -- Egypt 243,000
-- -- Other North Africa 255,000
-- -- Other Africa 503,000
-- Asia 10,566,000 (excluding the former USSR), of which:
-- -- East and South Asia 9,037,000, of which:
-- -- -- China 3,615,000
-- -- -- India 4,549,000
-- -- -- Indochina 67,000
-- -- -- Indonesia 170,000
-- -- -- Japan 182,000
-- -- -- Korea 97,000
-- -- -- Other East Asia 358,000
-- -- West Asia 1,528,000, of which:
-- -- -- Iran 243,000
-- -- -- Turkey 370,000
-- -- -- Other West Asia 916,000
-- Australia and New Zealand 27,000
-- Europe and the former USSR 2,023,000, of which:
-- -- Eastern Europe 288,000, of which:
-- -- -- Albania 12,000
-- -- -- Bulgaria 30,000
-- -- -- Czechoslovakia 61,000
-- -- -- Hungary 18,000
-- -- -- Poland 27,000
-- -- -- Romania 49,000
-- -- -- Yugoslavia 91,000
-- -- Former USSR 237,000, of which:
-- -- -- Caucasus 18,000
-- -- -- European Russia 121,000
-- -- -- Siberia 6,000
-- -- -- Turkestan 91,000
-- -- Western Europe 1,498,000, of which:
-- -- -- Austria 30,000
-- -- -- Belgium 18,000
-- -- -- Denmark 11,000
-- -- -- Finland 1,000
-- -- -- France 303,000
-- -- -- Germany 182,000
-- -- -- Italy 425,000
-- -- -- Netherlands 12,000
-- -- -- Norway 6,000
-- -- -- Sweden 12,000
-- -- -- Switzerland 18,000
-- -- -- United Kingdom 49,000 (includes Ireland), of which:
-- -- -- -- England and Wales 33,000
-- -- -- -- Ireland 10,000
-- -- -- -- Scotland 6,000
-- -- -- Portugal 30,000
-- -- -- Spain 273,000
-- -- -- Greece 121,000
-- -- -- Other Western Europe 6,000
-- Latin America 340,000 (includes Mexico), of which:
-- -- Brazil 31,000
-- -- Mexico 133,000
-- -- Peru 57,000
-- -- Other Latin America 118,000
-- North America 44,000 (does not include Mexico), of which:
-- -- Canada 5,000
-- -- United States 39,000

Population of the Northern Commonwealth by Republic of Residence and Primary Language, Commonwealth Year 50

Northern Commonwealth Total: 81,600 inhabitants
(79% North Germanic, 21% Other)

Republic of Denmark: 37,100 inhabitants
(87% North Germanic, 12% Western European, 1% Continental Germanic)

Republic of Sweden: 23,300 inhabitants
(83% North Germanic, 10% Baltic, 7% Finnic)

Republic of Norway: 13,400 inhabitants
(78% North Germanic, 17% Western European, 5% Finnic)

Republic of Finland: 4,000 inhabitants
(53% Finnic, 40% North Germanic, 6% Western European, 1% Baltic)

Republic of the Baltic: 3,600 inhabitants
(43% Baltic, 40% Finnic, 15% North Germanic, 2% Western European)

Warning! No guarantees made for completeness.

Audariks Hildriksson, af Næstved - one of the "seasonal workers" sent to copy the Imperium's technologies
Árni Steinarsson, af Sölvesborg - navigator, SSN Járnsíða
Ástríður Þórirsdóttir - journalist
Bernuhardus af Roskilde - National Guard
Björn Sigurðsson - journalist
Bradan frá Bretlandseyjar - captive, runaway from Kaupang
Clara Axinite Rose af Toronto - the main character, 1st generation
Gudabego Segaharjasdóttir af Roskilde - skáld, Class of Year 10, accompanied Ragnaharjas to the first diplomatic meeting with the Imperium
Harjamodas Alariksson af Helsingborg - skáld, Class of Year 11, accompanied a raid on the British Isles once to write about it
Jórunn "Stjarna" Raginaharjasdóttir af Roskilde - daughter of Clara Rose, quartermaster of the National Guards
Karatakos frá Bretlandseyjar - former captive from Britain
Karín Raginaharjasdóttir af Roskilde - daughter of Clara Rose
Ráðgríð "Sólarljós" Birgisdóttir af Skara - officer, Committee of Public Safety
Raginaharjas Kunjamundusson af Roskilde - hunter-warrior, 1st ræðumaður Stórþingsins Norðurlands, husband of Clara Rose
Ragnarr "Járnsteinn" Raginaharjasson af Roskilde - son of Clara Rose
Rikardus "Skógur" Hildriksson, af Næstved - one of the "seasonal workers" sent to copy the Imperium's technologies
Þeudariks Alariksson, af Næstved - member for Næstved in the Stórþing

Warning! No guarantees made on completeness.

Aðalþingmaður - Chief Parliamentarian
Ásgarður - realm of gods, Norse mythology
Fólksþing - People's Assembly
Hólmganga - Duel
Landsþing - Assembly of the Country
Lög - Laws, Acts
Lýðveldi - Republic
deriv. - Lýðveldið (definite form)
Norður - North, Northern
Norðurland - Northland, formal name of the polity
deriv. - Norðurlands (adjective: of Northland)
Norrænt tungumál - Nordic language
Ræðumaður - Speaker
Sambandsríki - Commonwealth
Skáld - Poet
Stjórnarskrá - Constitution
Stórþing - High Assembly
deriv. - Stórþingsins (adjective: of the High Council); Stórþingishús (Council building)
Suður - South, Southern
Þræll - Slave
deriv. - Þrælar (plural: slaves)
Vörður - Guard
deriv. - Verðir (plural: guards)

How to use:

From Spring Festival year ‘0 (mod 4), 30th May ‘3 (mod 4) to 1st Spring Monday year ‘1 (mod ‘4), 29th February ‘0 (mod 4), use the dates given in the angled parentheses. Otherwise, use the dates given out of the parentheses.

EXCEPTION: unless this interval contains a year divisible by 400, from Spring Festival ‘96 (30th May ‘99) to 1st Spring Monday ‘01 (29th February ‘04), use the dates in the parentheses. For the 1st week Spring in this period, use the dates in the round parentheses except in that last 1st week Spring ‘01, for which the angled parentheses are to be used.

The Norse week starts Monday and ends Sunday, which correspond to the start and end dates marked on the list.

Significant annual events are marked. Solstices and equinoxes marked represent typical dates, which may vary by a day in either direction.

Spring
Week 1: 28th February to 6th March <29th February to 6th March> (1st March to 7th March)
Week 2: 7th March to 13th March (8th March to 14th March)
Week 3: 14th March to 20th March (15th March to 21st March) - Spring equinox Sunday
Week 4: 21st March to 27th March (22nd March to 28th March)
Week 5: 28th March to 3rd April (29th March to 4th April)
Week 6: 4th April to 10th April (5th April to 11th April)
Week 7: 11th April to 17th April (12th April to 18th April)
Week 8: 18th April to 24th April (19th April to 25th April)
Week 9: 25th April to 1st May (26th April to 2nd May) - sowing season Denmark
Week 10: 2nd May to 8th May (3rd May to 9th May) - sowing season Denmark, Sweden
Week 11: 9th May to 15th May (10th May to 16th May) - sowing season Sweden
Week 12: 16th May to 22nd May (17th May to 23rd May) - sowing season Norway
Week 13: 23rd May to 29th May (24th May to 30th May) - sowing season Norway
(Spring Festival): <30th May>

Summer
Week 1: 30th May to 5th June <31st May to 6th June>
Week 2: 6th June to 12th June <7th June to 13th June>
Week 3: 13th June to 19th June <14th June to 20th June>
Week 4: 20th June to 26th June <21st June to 27th June> - Summer solstice Tuesday
Week 5: 27th June to 3rd July <28th June to 4th July>
Week 6: 4th July to 10th July <5th July to 11th July>
Week 7: 11th July to 17th July <12th July to 18th July> - Regular Session
Week 8: 18th July to 24th July <19th July to 25th July>
Week 9: 25th July to 31st July <26th July to 1st August>
Week 10: 1st August to 7th August <2nd August to 8th August>
Week 11: 8th August to 14th August <9th August to 15th August>
Week 12: 15th August to 21st August <16th August to 22nd August>
Week 13: 22nd August to 28th August <23rd August to 29th August>

Autumn
Week 1: 29th August to 4th September <30th August to 5th September>
Week 2: 5th September to 11th September <6th September to 12th September>
Week 3: 12th September to 18th September <13th September to 19th September>
Week 4: 19th September to 25th September <20th September to 26th September> - Autumn equinox Friday, harvest season Denmark
Week 5: 26th September to 2nd October <27th September to 3rd October> - harvest season Denmark, Norway
Week 6: 3rd October to 9th October <4th October to 10th October> - harvest season Sweden, Norway
Week 7: 10th October to 16th October <11th October to 17th October> - harvest season Sweden
Week 8: 17th October to 23rd October <18th October to 24th October>
Week 9: 24th October to 30th October <25th October to 31st October>
Week 10: 31st October to 6th November <1st November to 7th November>
Week 11: 7th November to 13th November <8th November to 14th November>
Week 12: 14th November to 20th November <15th November to 21st November>
Week 13: 21st November to 27th November <22nd November to 28th November>
Autumn Festival: 28th November <29th November>

Winter
Week 1: 29th November to 5th December <30th November to 6th December>
Week 2: 6th December to 12th December <7th December to 13th December>
Week 3: 13th December to 19th December <14th December to 20th December>
Week 4: 20th December to 26th December <21st December to 27th December> - Winter solstice Tuesday
Week 5: 27th December to 2nd January <28th December to 3rd January>
Week 6: 3rd January to 9th January <4th January to 10th January>
Week 7: 10th January to 16th January <11th January to 17th January> - Regular Session
Week 8: 17th January to 23rd January <18th January to 24th January>
Week 9: 24th January to 30th January <25th January to 31st January>
Week 10: 31st January to 6th February <1st February to 7th February>
Week 11: 7th February to 13th February <8th February to 14th February>
Week 12: 14th February to 20th February <15th February to 21st February>
Week 13: 21st February to 27th February <22nd February to 28th February>

Arrival - spring 03 before foundation
Jórunn birthday - winter 01 before foundation
Ragnarr birthday - autumn 01
Karín birthday - Tuesday, 5th Summer, year 20

1 gold crown (króna) = 20 silver shilling (skilling) = 240 copper pennies
A penny represents the value of a half-day of work.
Last edited by Plzen on Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:41 am, edited 8 times in total.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:15 am

Joohan, make a wiki already so that I don't have to maintain an infodump post around for reference. :p

Or if you can't at the moment, let me know and I'll get it done.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:29 am

A new day, a new OOC. Happy day's.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:57 am

These are always so great... But I have commitment issues. I will commit to this one, however, if allowed. I loved the one where I actually got to participate, and I want to add more to that.

Also, good on this rp for not having a discord.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:39 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Name: Viktor

Best author post yet :p
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:51 am

Plzen wrote:To be honest, it's only the Imperium...

The Commonwealth may be sophisticated and Icedonia powerful, but punch-for-punch none of us can hold our own against Sumer. It's only the Imperium that holds such a large advantage over everyone else.

Don't worry - I'm sure whatever drastic climatic effect that is on the cards will have ramifications for Scadandinavia too!

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Question for the California author, did he make any stops in the Northwestern Americas?

He did; Soto took nearly four years to travel from Siberia to California, and spent a decent amount of it in the Pacific Northwest putting together a ship for a journey further south.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:07 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Don't worry - I'm sure whatever drastic climatic effect that is on the cards will have ramifications for Scadandinavia too!

The war concerns me, mainly. A military emergency naturally diminishes the Commonwealth’s ability to deal with any upcoming crisis, regardless of its particular nature.

The Commonwealth normally has a healthy surplus in food - probably the best in Europe, given our respective early posts - and a decent system of storage... but with a good portion of the labour force sapped in the military?

I’m also reminded that the Spanish Influenza spread on, among other things, the back of Great War troop movements, which given the nature of the Commonwealth military might be particularly devastating.

Of course, what we don’t have are tens of thousands of uncivilised people on our border who might swarm our cities if they decide that our wealth is the way out of whatever problem the disaster throws at them. That is a uniquely Imperial problem.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse