NATION

PASSWORD

Issues even with no throttle are slow.

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Dogeanea
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Issues even with no throttle are slow.

Postby Dogeanea » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:37 am

Would there be any other way to get quicker issues like if you want one it could be generated in 30 mins or something like that because some times I just stay on this web for hours until I get a new issue even if it takes 3 hours so would there possibly be an option like this in the future? Also aside from Nuclear and Zombie days is there any other events like I could recommend valentines like love challenge. :D

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:01 am

Dogeanea wrote:Would there be any other way to get quicker issues like if you want one it could be generated in 30 mins or something like that because some times I just stay on this web for hours until I get a new issue even if it takes 3 hours so would there possibly be an option like this in the future?

Probably not, going by past statements from admins & mods, because that would be seen as unfair to those players who can't stay online for hours and hours.
But consider yourself lucky: For most of the game's history, the limit was one issue per twelve hours rather than one per six... and there were far fewer different issues, so you'd have seen more repetition, anyway.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby 9003 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:21 am

What I would recommend is join the cards mini game! It is a great time sink.
or making more nations. More nations = more issues.

Or try role playing forums. If you dig a little you will find out that a lot of people do a lot of things beyond what Nationstates offers on the surface.
I for one am part of 6-7 different discords that I chitter chatter in all the time

Shudders remembering the days of slow issues. Luckily they are now much faster then the old days.
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

Active member of The cards market place discord

Merconitonitopia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Merconitonitopia » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:02 pm

You novices don't know how good you have it. They've already doubled issue frequency. (As well as this, you had to wait up to 12 hours for your issue answers to process.)

I recommend you make puppets and try out different ideologies/national personalities. Use NS++ to manage them. There's no limit to how many nations you can create (as long as you only have one WA nation), so knock yourself out.

Red Millennium
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 21, 2020
Capitalizt

Postby Red Millennium » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:00 am

Also new nations get issues more frequently for...some time. IDK how long.

Polis Diamonil
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Polis Diamonil » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:24 pm

I wish there was an offline game inspired by NationStates that would give streams of issues to play with.
Rain Falling in a Digital Void is all me. Canonically, it's called Rafaiad. NationStates runs a crude system that mistreats creativity, but I've done my best to twist together something of a narrative structure differentiating the nations of Rafaiad and yet building them together.

Earthbound Immortal Squad
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Earthbound Immortal Squad » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:30 pm

I actually really like the restriction. It allows NS to be a low maintenance game for most. Unlike many online computer/mobile games these days which require you to effectively be on all of the time otherwise it you won't "progress".
Last edited by Earthbound Immortal Squad on Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merry Christmas!

Twins of Hearts
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 07, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Twins of Hearts » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:33 pm

i agree. Too much can be to time consuming. But some of the issues are pretty awesome one liners after being answered!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical