NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] prefix list

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
The JELLEAIN Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

[Q] prefix list

Postby The JELLEAIN Republic » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:22 pm

Is there a list somewhere that says all the things the GA recognizes, understands, asserts, is concerned, appreciates ect...
Last edited by The JELLEAIN Republic on Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the autocorrect be with you...
Cannot think of a name wrote:It's a narrative, and narratives don't require masterminds or persian cats.
Male. Lives in USA. Quotes
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Same here. I wash my hands religiously to keep the medical debt away.

Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:08 pm

https://politicalscience.columbusstate. ... lauses.php
https://www.wisemee.com/preambulatory-a ... e-clauses/
https://www.carthage.edu/model-united-n ... solutions/

They're called preambulatory and operating clauses. Preambulatory clauses are in the preamble and kinda overview or concerns the topic. Operating clauses is the action that will be taken.
Last edited by Borovan entered the region as he on Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:09 am

OOC: But whatever you do, don't use "requests" if you want a binding mandate... the argument about that one is much worse than it's worth.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:17 am

Araraukar wrote:OOC: But whatever you do, don't use "requests" if you want a binding mandate... the argument about that one is much worse than it's worth.

OOC: "Demands" is questionable, too. Some people think that it's equivalent to "Requires", whereas others argue that it has no more force than a child shouting out "I want this! I want that!"
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

The JELLEAIN Republic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The JELLEAIN Republic » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:51 pm

But ......... is there ?
Cannot think of a name wrote:It's a narrative, and narratives don't require masterminds or persian cats.
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Same here. I wash my hands religiously to keep the medical debt away.

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:57 pm

The JELLEAIN Republic wrote:But ......... is there ?

OOC: Borovan gave you a pretty comprehensive list.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

The JELLEAIN Republic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The JELLEAIN Republic » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:18 pm

Morover wrote:
The JELLEAIN Republic wrote:But ......... is there ?

OOC: Borovan gave you a pretty comprehensive list.

I should probably look at the links before commenting .... :roll:

Although what I mean to say was is there a lost that says all the things I’ve recognizes ect..

Like, freedoms to move
The danger of water tables breaking

Ect...

The things it recognizes...

The main reason I’m saying this is because I’m thinking it would make checking contradictory statements much easier..

Just to be super clear
General Assembly Resolution #445
Postby Imperium Anglorum » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:54 pm

Greenhouse Gas Cap And Trade Program
A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Category: Environmental
Industry Affected: All Businesses - Strong
Proposed by: Ransium

Description: The World Assembly,

Convinced that the preponderance of scientific evidence shows that some 'greenhouse gases', such as carbon dioxide and methane, allow energy through a planet's atmosphere at the visible and shortwave infrared wavelengths primarily generated by stars, while reflecting energy at longwave thermal wavelengths radiated by a planet, thus creating a net warming effect for that planet's atmosphere,

Acknowledging that within some member nations, the concept of global warming due to non-natural greenhouse gas emissions remains controversial,

Concerned over the many adverse impacts scientific consensus has found sudden and excess warming due to emissions of greenhouse gasses to have directly or indirectly on ecosystems and populations, including disruption and temporal shifting of seasonal cycles at a rate faster than many organisms can adapt, more extreme natural disasters, sea level rise, ocean acidification, crop failures, and desertification,

Aware that many nations' economies are built around fossil fuels and desiring to seek a solution that is minimally disruptive while addressing this pressing problem,

Concluding that the most efficient and cheapest regulatory framework to abate greenhouse gasses is one that caps the total amount of emissions, and divides up credits for the permissible emissions among nations, while allowing the voluntary trading of emissions credits between nations,

Hereby, subject to any limits set by earlier resolutions that are still in force:

Charges World Assembly Scientific Programme's (WASP) Atmospheric Chemistry Establishment (ACE) to regulate emissions of greenhouse gasses in the following manner:

Set a total global annual target for the non-natural release of greenhouse gasses, such as carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide, based on current global emissions, scientific climate models for the impact of the gasses, decay rate of the gasses, and the global economic impact of the cap;

Distribute allowable emissions credits for each regulated greenhouse gas among member nations proportional to their total populations and present economic output, the global population, and the global cap;

Establish preferred emissions levels for non-World Assembly nations also proportional to factors listed in b;

Establish (i) punitive fees for emissions beyond the cap for member nations, and (ii) tariffs that all member nations shall enforce on the trade goods produced by non-member nations whose emissions exceed their preferred levels; the proceeds of both the fees and tariffs will first go to ACE's monitoring and enforcement efforts and any remaining monies will go towards grants to fund the research, development, and implementation of green energy;

Establish an exchange for the voluntary trade of emissions credits open to all member nations, such that some nations may exceed their initially allotted emissions without punitive action via buying credits;

Create an annual schedule of diminishing total global caps for various gasses until levels scientifically modeled to be globally sustainable are met;

Monitor the net emissions of individual nations, taking into account both greenhouse gas emissions and sequestration, via voluntary disclosures and other non-invasive methods, such as remote sensing that is sensitive to the narrowband absorption features of targeted greenhouse gases;
Further mandates that ambassadors representing non-compliant member nations be forced to wear itchy wool sweaters during the summer, unless doing so would be a threat to their health or conflict with religious or moral beliefs;

Notes that individual nations will determine how to best meet their preferred target internally; and

Clarifies that greenhouse gas emissions through natural sources, such as volcanoes, will not be considered by ACE for the purposes of this resolution.
—————————————————————————

Repeal "Convention On International Oil Spills"
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal
Resolution: #444
Proposed by: Lord Dominator

Description: General Assembly Resolution #444 "Convention on International Oil Spills" (Category: Environmental, Industry Affected: Mining) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The World Assembly,

Applauding the resolution at hand for its work at improving the environment,

But Concerned that clause 3 of the resolutions micro-manages member nations to a degree that may be harmful to the resolution's mission by:
Mandating technologies that may be or are obsolete in some member nations,
Using vague language regarding maintenance and inspections such as "every couple of years" and "regularly,"
Saddened that clause 4 also lists a number of technologies that may become or already are obsolete in member nations,

Believing that the micromanagement and excruciating specificity inherent in this resolution:
Will leave nations unable to adapt to better technologies,
Potentially wastes resources following mandates that aren't necessary in all nations,
Includes strong suggestions that overstep reasonable bounds of the WA with instructions for spill clean-up that are better left to individual nations to determine properly,
Incensed at the needless re-treading of ground already covered in part by Responsible Offshore Drilling and Reducing Spills and Leaks and yet leaving regulation of reduction and clean-up of wildlife impact uselessly vague,

Bemoaning the listed flaws and occasional poor grammar usage,

Repeals GA 444 "Convention on International Oil Spills."
———————————————————————————————————
The list for just these 2 would be
Convinced, about greenhouse gasses and their whitely known effects.
Acknowledging, the controversy in some countries.
Concerned, for the effects of the gasses on warming.
Aware, that many economies won’t easily transition away from fossil fuels.
Mandates, ambassadors wear itchy wools sweaters on summer days. “What ?”
Notes, nations can set methods to achieve targets internally
Clarifies, natural stuff like volcanos don’t count.
Applauding, resolution 444
Concerned, that clause 3 is (of 444) creating (due to micromanagement) inefficiency.
Saddened, that clause 4 of (444) displays near obsolete technology as a solution.
Incensed at the attempt to redo oil related stuff while leaving nature stuff vague.
Bemoans, poor grammar skills and flaws in resolution 444.
Repeals, resolution # 444.
Last edited by The JELLEAIN Republic on Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bananaistan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bananaistan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:18 pm

You can find everything the WA has said it's concerned with, recognises, understands, mandates, urges, requests, appreciates &c here.
Delegation of the People's Republic of Bananaistan to the World Assembly
Head of delegation and the Permanent Representative: Comrade Ambassador Theodorus "Ted" Hornwood
General Assistant and Head of Security: Comrade Watchman Brian of Tarth
There was the Pope and John F. Kennedy and Jack Charlton and the three of them were staring me in the face.
Ideological Bulwark #281
THIS

The JELLEAIN Republic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The JELLEAIN Republic » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:20 pm

Bananaistan wrote:You can find everything the WA has said it's concerned with, recognises, understands, mandates, urges, requests, appreciates &c here.

Guess it’s time for me to make a list ....

Edited above post as an example.
Last edited by The JELLEAIN Republic on Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:00 pm

Bears Armed wrote:
Araraukar wrote:OOC: But whatever you do, don't use "requests" if you want a binding mandate... the argument about that one is much worse than it's worth.

OOC: "Demands" is questionable, too. Some people think that it's equivalent to "Requires", whereas others argue that it has no more force than a child shouting out "I want this! I want that!"

OOC: I am on vociferous record as one of the latter, but I had thought we ruled (perhaps informally) that it has the force of a mandate?
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:43 pm

If we pull in 'Declares' we can have a real doomthread.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly