NATION

PASSWORD

CORNELLIAN EMPIRE NEWS (closed, Region Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novitera
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novitera » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:53 pm

GALLOWS STREET JOURNAL

Candidates for Directorate Chairman Announced

OTHER STORIES
Mass Military Buildup in Wolfsbruck
King-Emperor Elijah and King James Feud
Tower of Babel Construction Continues Against Engineer's Warnings

WADE SETSUKO - Noviteran National Party (Nationals)
ERIC DOUGLAS - Civic Alliance (Patriots)
THOMAS GLASS - United Federation Commons Party (Commoners)

Chairman Lucas North has stated that he is ready to, "...let my legacy stand for itself." in preparation for retirement. Indeed, Chairman North oversaw the recovery of the Noviteran economy after the devastating crash with a high approval rating of his recovery policies from Fortune 500 CEOs. In a few months he will be hanging up his hat and we Novitera thanking him for his service to our great nation. To step into his shoes are two insiders and one outsider. First is current Director of International Trade Wade Setsuko who is highly praised for his work in the CTO and acquiring various trade deals regarding Arcologia. Among both his former private sector and current government circles, Mr. Setsuko is known for his thoughtfulness and vigor in advancing Noviteran economic interests abroad.

"Oh I remember Wade. Doesn't surprise me that he's up for Chairman. That is one of the most responsible men I have ever worked with and we all knew that if Wade Setsuko can't close the deal, no one can." Said a former co-worker from FCU.

Next up is Eric Douglas, current Executor of State. Despite detractors citing his age and poor health, Mr. Douglas certainly has a long list of merits. He was an excellent COO for the Ishukoni Corporation whose efficiency models save the company millions a year to this day and is regarded as one of the finest government administrators Novitera has ever had. Combined with his expert skills in diplomacy and negotiation, he was appointed by the Trask Administration to be Novitera's face to the world.

"Eric Douglas always found a way to brightened up the mood at executive meetings. Industrious, intelligent and kind. We were heartbroken to see him go and had a tough time figuring out how to run the company as smoothly without him." Stated the CEO of Ishukoni.

Finally, the outsider. We all know him. Thomas Glass, current CEO of the Lai Dai Corporation. Under Mr. Glass, Lai Dai has achieved new heights. Lai Dai is now a regional icon for consumer electronics and has seized the top spot in the world for Noviteran smartphones. The Sleek Series has had the reigning top market share of all Noviteran smartphones across Cornellia for a few years now. Savvy Novi has also named Mr. Glass "Top Fortune 500 CEO" for two years in a row. Although new to the ways of government, Thomas Glass benefits from mass popularity across the nation.
Last edited by Novitera on Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:14 pm

The Eagle's Cry

Shrailleeni News Unbiased
Serving the Children of the Mother Goddess and the Region

Statement of Purpose: Founded on the principles of liberty, morality, and matriatism, the staff of the Eagle's Cry are dedicated to the principles of free speech and accessibility of information, except where this information could endanger the well-being of the Shrailleeni people. This news source will report to the Shrailleeni people and the region the true goings-on within the Shrailleeni Empire through foreign electronic and domestic printed mediums.

National News
September, 1295 (2019)

Imperial Army Approves New Contracts
Dresselli Weaponmasters and Murakami Arms To Provide New Vehicles

Imperial City - A spokeswoman for the Imperial Military announced today that budget approval had been made for a new generation of fighting vehicles to be produced for the Imperial Army. The decision is part of a ten-year plan to further modernize the Shrailleeni military and adapt it to better suit the Enlightened Matriarchy's defensive needs.

The upgrades both center on arms manufacturing titan Dresselli Weaponmasters, which has made back millions on the domestic productions rights to the Lyras Arms Ironheart line of fighting vehicles. Earlier this month, Dresselli unveiled its prototype for an amphibious light tank to provide both reconnaissance and island defense capabilities. The Dresselli WRC (Wheeled Reconnaissance Cannon) won the Imperial Army contract and will soon enter full production. Two of the most important selling selling features were the 90mm cannon, capable of firing armor piercing rounds, and the ability to raise or lower the central pair of wheels to accommodate mountainous, sandy, or muddy terrain.

Possibly related to this success, Dresselli also secured the rights to the primary domestic manufacture of the Nifonese Murakami Arms CAV - 8 Armored Vehicle Series, for $360 million. The sale was secured by the Matriarchy of War in a series of negotiations that ended yesterday with the acquisition. The CAV-8 is intended to provide amphibious IFV variants to supplement the WRC in the defense of the archipelago and operations in undeveloped tropical terrain. Both models will begin to enter production soon, with the first units expected to roll off of the line by the end of October.

The deal with Murakami Arms comes ahead of an increase in political relations with the Empire of Greater Nifon, a longtime New Edomite ally. It is expected that future arms sales will be a major topic of discussion during the upcoming official state visit by Shogun Kojiro, which is scheduled to be held later this week.

- CTO Debates Proceed in Imperial Matriarchate

- Six Battlegroups Given Mobilization Orders, Regional Tensions Cited

International News

Tensions Increase Between Vionna-Frankenlisch, New Edom
Enlightened Matriarchy Urges Peace

Imperial City - Tensions between allies-turned-antagonists escalated quickly yesterday with a speech given by King James of Vionna-Frankenlisch leveling accusatory remarks against King-Emperor Elijah I of the Empire of New Edom. The speech has sent shockwaves across the region, with nations coming forward to either defend the remarks or condemn them as inflammatory.

At the center of these tensions appears to be the nation of McNernia, which earlier in the month was caught attempting to send troops into the Vionna-Frankenlisch commonwealth of New Columbia. Despite harsh New Edomite condemnation of these actions which included demands for the removal of all McNernian forces from the region, King James of Vionna-Frankenlisch alleges that comments made by high ranking members of the McNernian government prove New Edomite involvement in the affair. Furthermore he accused King-Emperor Elijah I of conspiracy and treachery, using inflammatory and insulting language. It is unclear at this time if the elected government had any knowledge of these accusations before the speech was made.

In response, King-Emperor Elijah demanded an apology from King James, failing which all diplomatic contact between the two countries would be withdrawn. This apology was later denied on the grounds that New Edom should answer the charges leveled against it before any further diplomatic action could proceed.

In the meantime, several regional nations have surprisingly come out in support of King James's accusations. These included the Empire of Solisia, which further has offered to send military forces to New Columbia, and the Cossack Khanate. Both nations have mirrored the condemnation of King-Emperor Elijah and vowed to support Vionna-Frankenlisch. Meanwhile, the Enlightened Matriarchy announced publicly today that it finds no truth in the alleged accusations, and has urged a peaceful and diplomatic solution to the surprising confrontation. Her Enlightened Majesty the Mother Empress stated before the international press today that she is alarmed by these developments, which she sees as a possible escalation toward war.

"What has occurred is a tragic failure in meaningful communication. This communication must be restored. I urge King James to issue an apology to King-Emperor Elijah and proceed down the path of peace and reconciliation."
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:31 pm

BREAKING: Future of Rowan Government Uncertain

(An animated graphic of the ANBC logo comes into view for about a second before cutting to a middle-aged news anchor in a suit is seen sitting with his arms folded on the table. The above headline is in big red and white letters on the bottom of the screen. Townsend begins his introduction.)

"Confusing testimony given by members of the Rowan government at the final hearings on Arroyo earlier today have cast serious doubts on the President’s leadership. When asked about the origins of the controversial policy of Arvo evacuation, members of the President’s staff first testified that Secretary of State Amy Bailey did in fact pursue a policy of removal and resettlement against the Arvo people, tantamount to ethnic cleansing. Treasury Secretary Pendergast, however, dramatically contradicted this account."

(Cut to a shot of Pendergast looking unusually earnest, even tapping the table with his palm to punctuate his sentence)

“I can say with certainty that the Arvo people have no greater advocate than Amy Bailey.”

(Townsend narrates)

Mr. Pendergast also stated that while the Secretary of State did make remarks about evacuation and allocated certain funds as contended by Deputy Chief of Staff Alan Cruise, she never advocated resettling their lands to the best of his knowledge, nor can he confirm the existence of supposedly hidden accounts.

Following today’s testimony the President has come under fierce criticism from nearly all sides. In a press conference Opposition Leader Fisher called the government a shambles and indicated his preference to hold a general election.

(Fisher is standing behind a podium with a couple of mikes in an obviously well-prepared press conference)

“We do not have a government right now. This Arroyo policy may not have even been a policy, which—by the way—to me is even more terrifying than it happening out of ill intent. And yet Arroyo is just a symptom of a much greater illness in this government. When you have an entire Cabinet in chaos there’s really only one person you can blame. Adiron cannot afford to keep George Rowan as President. Adiron cannot afford the ideological bankruptcy of the modern Social Democratic Party as it lurches into a minority government. It’s time we let the Adiran people choose real leadership who will sincerely look out for honest hardworking Adirans and advance Adiran interests consistently and unashamedly. ”

(Townsend narrates over some stock footage of Green Party Leader Merrill Eddings)

Fisher’s criticisms were joined, if not exactly echoed, by Green Party Leader Eddings who threw his support behind a potential challenger of Rowan’s.

(Cut to the younger and hipper Eddings, who isn’t wearing a tie with his suit, speaks more like a preacher, and has a $3-400 haircut. He appears to be standing outside speaking to a crowd of standing reporters)

“This is what’s wrong with government today, this cold, calculating, cynicism grounded by seemingly no morals or principles whatsoever. We told President Rowan that this reckless advance into Arcologia was the wrong way forward. We appealed to President Rowan’s sense of decency and common humanity. We presented our vision for a fairer, sustainable future for our children. It all fell on deaf ears—“ He pauses for effect and points upwards “—with the sole exception of Secretary Bailey. Although the Secretary might have been betrayed by her own party leadership, I can say right now that the Greens would be happy to have her, and we’d take her over George Rowan any day!”

(The audio cuts just as applause breaks out, and Townsend’s narration continues)

If Mr. Eddings’ remarks confirm the final collapse of President Rowan’s governing majority, then comments from within the President’s own party suggest a change of leadership is imminent. Only minutes ago Assemblyman Blount spoke to one of our reporters:

(Cut to an MA in an immaculate suit, with a simple close-cut haircut and an obvious limp in his step. There are clearly several camera crews walking alongside him. Blount is stepping into an elevator)

“Assemblyman is the leadership of your party sound?”

Blount looks at the camera and says “At a time like this, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t harbor doubts.”

(Blount enters the elevator and the scene shifts to another MA walking on a New Laconia sidewalk. The man is remarkably tall and broad-shouldered for a man in his fifties. The reporters seem to have trouble keeping up at times.)

“Mr. Hopkins, Is a no-confidence vote planned?”

“You’d be better off saving your questions until after our senior members get to talk to the President.”

(Reporters all shout questions at once)

“A meeting with who? Assemblyman?”

“Will they ask the President to step down?”

A brief flash of annoyance crosses Hopkins' face, and he raises a hand. “Look, everybody, there's nothing to tell for right now, you hear?”

(Cut back to Townsend in a news room, two middle aged commentators are with him. He starts off speaking to the camera and then turns to them)

“This is a developing story which we will continue to update as new information comes in. Joining me tonight are regular political contributors Glenn Osborne and Neil Zimmerman. Gentlemen, what are we looking at and how did we get here?”

“In fairness to the President, he had an uphill battle,” replies the salt-and-pepper haired Osborne. “He was a compromise candidate. He was not a party elder, in fact there are committee chairs who are senior to him. There are ways he might've managed that, but he didn't. In 2016 I think the party was still in a state of shock over the loss of President DeGroot. Pendergast and Bluford seemed too polarizing in the caucuses, Rowan became the middle ground.”

“Being awfully generous there,” replies the white-haired and white bearded Zimmerman. “If he didn’t split the party back then, he certainly has now. I don't buy him as a compromise candidate, either, he made his bargain with Al Bluford that put Amy Bailey in as Secretary of State. Now she's going to hoist him by his own petard."

"Just to play devil's advocate here, suppose this wasn't some grand conspiracy?" Osborne interjects. "Secretary Bailey's views are well known, suppose her motives are entirely motivated by humanitarian concerns and a commitment to the truth?"

"That's even worse!" Zimmerman exclaims, clearly suppressing a laugh. "This has really exposed a complete lack of leadership. Not only is there Cabinet infighting but the President himself has joined in the finger pointing when he’s ultimately responsible for everything. It’s time for him to go. If the SDP can't avoid a general election in this thing's wake they at least need to get an adult at the head of the table here...”

(Commentary continues, mostly speculation and argument with similar sentiments)
Last edited by Hittanryan on Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

Late Roman Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Rome stands with Edomites, Emperor announces summit!

Postby Late Roman Empire » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:53 am

Chalcedon Gazette,
Eusebius Gaudentius

The Roman Emperor Titus Augustus formally declared his "firm support for our worthy allies, King-Emperor Elijah IV and Queen-Empress Mara of New Edom. We do not foresee any reason to doubt them regarding this affair. They are loyal and respectable confederates and we remain staunch in our adherence to this partnership with them. We are also pleased to stand with the Shrailleeni in support of New Edom as our mutual ally. We worked together to put down a tyrant, not that long ago, in Gavinium Magnus. We can and should work together to stand in defense of our ally, New Edom."

His Eternity warned that, "so-called friends and allies have proven very fair weather of late, pulling back when things become difficult or strained. We have had some occasional differences with our allies, including New Edom, Garza, and Ghant, but we share a common purpose and strength, as well as a regional responsibility to lead the way toward a more beneficial future of peace and prosperity. If some countries cannot take a little dissent or disagreement and remain allies, we must question the sincerity of their alliance from the outset."

There were also rumors that the Emperor intends to host a summit in Constantinople, a rumor that he has since confirmed, "We believe that such an event would be a worthwhile effort of goodwill on our part, though this conference would largely be among either allies, friends, or friendly neutrals. We are especially keen to invite New Edom, Ghant, Garza, Shrailleen, Adiron, Novitera, Delvian States, Gavinium, Gran Chaco, New Hydrenia, The Vorindun, Vorindeum, Hostillia, and the Imperium to attend it, though we understand if the last two decline to attend due to the other's appearance."

A formal list of invited heads of state is reportedly being prepared for what is expected to be a "state dinner and gala for those nations presently on good terms with the Empire. No word yet on the probability of any particular nation being represented at said event.
Last edited by Late Roman Empire on Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I swear by Almighty God that I will faithfully serve and obey the Divine Augustus, as our Lord and Master, and hold him alone as my true, dread sovereign and prince. I swear that I will serve him loyally until the hour of my death, on pain of damnation to my eternal soul." - the Imperial Oath of Allegiance (administered to the civil service and armed forces)

Woe to they who demand things of the Lord of the World, for he is neither so obliged nor amused.

United Valik
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2009

Constitutional Amendments package bill passes Senate!

Postby United Valik » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:21 am

The Glauconeum Register,
Ladislas Klopek

A bill introduced in the Federal Senate to include a number of reforms through amendments to parts of the 2013 Federal Constitution has passed its first major obstacle: enactment in the upper house. By a "free vote," the Senate assented to the bill 68-32, a more than two-to-one ratio. This means that the bill must now be presented to the Federal Assembly, where its passage is likely to be even easier, due to greater party discipline in the lower chamber. Prime Minister Talia Tsaros has indicated her support for the legislation, despite its origins in the center-left Progressive League and leftist People's Party caucuses.

The proposed Constitutional Amendments, which if approved by the Federal Parliament must then receive a two-thirds majority from a fifty-percent turnout in a plebiscite, are as follows:

1. Repeal of Section 14 in its entirety. This will have the effect of permitting higher graduated income, estate, and capital-gains taxes, thus permitting more public revenues to cover the cost of any possible expanded social safety net. It's an acknowledge that the "smaller government" philosophy that has steered much of Valikan governance for the past decade, an ideology of minimalism and austerity, has failed to properly cushion them through the "shock therapy" phase of privatization and transition to a free market capitalist economy from a centrally planned command economy under Communism. It will also permit the creation of a possible central bank and to that end, the "metallic standard" clause in the Constitution would also be repealed, permitting "fiat currency." This will enable more exports and reduce United Valik's currently alarming trade deficit with other nations.
2. Repeal of Section 10 in its entirety. This will permit public sector trade unions, which have been outlawed under the 2013 Constitution, as well as public sector worker strikes.
3. A proviso in the Constitution which will guarantee adequate unemployment insurance, disability and old-age pensions, single-payer health care, a living wage, and tuition-free trade schools, community colleges, public universities, and graduate schools. Private institutions, however, shall be free to continue charging tuition.

In essence, while the bulk of the economy shall remain private, if every last one of these amendments are enacted, the country will begin to transition toward a regulated social-market economy with an expanded welfare state. It would amount to a rejection of the more "laissez-faire" libertarian economic model that has prevailed in United Valik since the 2009 Revolution. However, it should be stressed that this legislation simply permits a plebiscite on these matters, and that the center-right coalition government has indicated that it will oppose ratification of the third amendment, favoring more modest laws to improve the social safety net for the poor and middle class. Prime Minister Tsaros is believed to agree with some of the omnibus "Social Welfare Amendment," but not all provisions of it, though many in her caucus are firmly against all of it.

If approved, the bill will require the Prime Minister to set a date for the plebiscite to be held in the very near future.
Last edited by United Valik on Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
"It's one big club...and you ain't in it." - George Carlin

Wrongfully banned in 2022 and lived to tell about it.

Aggressive war is wrong, no matter who does it.

Novitera
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Novitera » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:33 am

Noviteran News Network

The camera switches through a number of scenes displaying different scenes all over the world, stock price numbers, various Noviteran city skylines, sports teams at play and finally the Noviteran flag. A energetic instrumental tune plays throughout until the camera focuses on a man and woman in their 40s dressed impeccably.

"Good afternoon. I am Lance Natsu."

"I am Merril Dawson and this is the Noviteran News Network."

Dawson spoke first. "Breaking news. We are now going to the National Directorate Center where an emergency vote on war is on the table."

The feed switches to a camera in the National Directorate Auditorium. National Directors are taking turns moving towards the Adjutant to cast their votes. Various reporters, aides and other government officials line the walls. Prime Director Lucas North sits at the front of it all watching intently. The camera pans to Director Wade Setsuko moves forward to cast his ballot.

Merril Dawson's voice narrates. "The national government recently received word that the Solisian Union has declared war on Chaco. A shocking development. This war declaration triggers the Mutual Defense Pact between Novitera and Chaco which the Directorate is voting on now."

"There goes Mary Takeshi, Director of Foreign Affairs." Said Natsu.

The feed shows Director Takeshi, a short and slim woman, moving down the aisle with a paper and handing it to the Adjutant After the last ballots were cast, North cast his. He and the Adjutant, a gray haired man that looked to be in his 60s, began reviewing them and began making tallies on official documents. At last after several minutes and with some conferring, North moved to stand before the podium.

"Citizens of Novitera, we find ourselves at a crossroads. On one hand, we may seek to secure Noviteran interests and stay out of fights that are not ours to prevent needless endangerment to the welfare of our great nation. On the other, we have an obligation to uphold our commitments to friends overseas. The Republic of Gran Chaco has been a longtime ally to our country. They supported us in Gavinium and have been a cornerstone of the CTO for some time now. Even in the face of terrible war, the only conscientious decision we can make is to stand by our allies and our friends, the Chacanos. The vote is 23-0 in favor of war."

Cameras flashed and those in the audience called out. North slammed the gavel down a few times to call the room to order.

"What can I say to give courage to our men and women in uniform and to you, the public? Shall I cite our nation's unmatched economic and technological might? No, I shall simply speak of one thing and I address this specifically to Empress Meriall Sataranan." North paused. "Be mindful of who we are. We who are descended of slaves, peasants, refugees, commoners, outcasts and undesirables. Our aristocracy is that of the meritorious, not the blood of nobility. We are not subjects ruled over by unelected monarchs. We are Noviteran citizens! We are a nation of free men!"

Applause and cheers followed. North waited until it died down.

"To the Republic of Gran Chaco hear this, no hostilities against your nation will go unanswered by the United Federation. Novitera...." North paused again. "Novitera will stand by you through strife and adversity to defend your sovereign soil, your citizens and your democracy. I now hereby declare by legal Act and unanimous vote of the National Directorate, that a state of war exists between the Solisian Union and this United Federation. Shintochi Banzai!"

"Banzai!" The crowd sounded back in unison.
Last edited by Novitera on Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:03 am

The Eagle's Cry

Statement of Purpose: Founded on the principles of liberty, morality, and matriatism, the staff of the Eagle's Cry are dedicated to the principles of free speech and accessibility of information, except where this information could endanger the well-being of the Shrailleeni people. This news source will report to the Shrailleeni people and the region the true goings-on within the Shrailleeni Empire through foreign electronic and domestic printed mediums.

International News
October, 1295 (2019)

Empire of Deadora Assaults Aedora!
Civilian Casualties in the Thousands, Mother Empress Declares War

Fallows, Aedora - Early this morning, newly crowned Matriarch Empress Jacqueline Thrall made good on her threats to reclaim Aedora in the most horrifying way. Waves of air strikes overwhelmed Aedoran defenses and struck both military and civilian targets across the nascent nation, including the hearts of major cities. Casualties are estimated to be in the thousands, with numerous Shrailleeni citizens predicted to be among them.

Speaking from the throne room of the Imperial Palace, Her Enlightened Majesty the Mother Empress Chella Resyanna fe Shrailleen issued a declaration of war against the Feminist Empire this morning. In accordance with the Constitution, the Mother Empress may declare war without approval from the NISA should treaties of mutual defense be evoked as the cause. A highlight of the speech follows:

"The reign of Jacqueline Thrall has been since its inception one of the most abhorrent violence and paranoid reaction. First she accused me, without evidence and with great disrespect, of sedition against the Deadoran state including against her sister and my dear ally Jennifer Thrall. She broke our alliance and ended the bond of sisterhood which lay between our nations. She evicted our ambassador and reinstated persecution of Mother Goddess Worship within her lands. She moved her military forces to the borders of Kurungarra and Kehrahn, and refused to recognize the Goddess-given rights of the Kehrahnii and Aedoran people to govern themselves.

Now, she has without warning or provocation made war against the Aedoran people with a violence unheard of among civilized peoples. She has deliberately targeted civilians in order to cause the highest number of casualties, she has destroyed offices of government, schools, and hospitals. The Enlightened Matriarchy must declare war upon the Feminist Empire of Deadora, not only because of our obligation by treaty, but because as a peace-loving and civilized people we cannot in good conscious abide such monstrous action while it is within our power to halt it."

The Enlightened Matriarchy will also be reacting defense of the Mother Goddess Worshippers of Aedora, who are expected to be specifically targeted by the Deadoran regime in a campaign of terror similar to that carried out by the mad king Lucian of Gavinium Magnus. Numerous Shrailleeni citizens, mostly contractors, journalists, and businesswomen are in immediate danger as well from indiscriminate Deadoran bombing. At the time of this writing the Cry can confirm that schools, hospitals, and residential areas were among the Deadoran targets, as well as the Council Chambers in the capital. The Aedoran authorities do not yet have an exact body count, but have released estimates according to the extent of the bombing.

Fortunately for the Aedoran, the rapid increase in regional tensions began by King James I's inflammatory speech against New Edom resulted in precautionary mobilization on the part of the Imperial Military. Across the Enlightened Matriarchy all military units are being called up for active duty, including the total of the empire's Battlegroups. The Matriarchy of War would not share the details of this mobilization or of any possible deployments, but did state that action against the Feminist Empire was "the highest priority" of the military at this time.

There is speculation about the timing of this attack with the spark of war elsewhere in the region. It was not long ago that an air strike by New Edom against the port at Frankenlisch escalated the tensions between the two empires into a full-scale war, which resulted in the declaration of war against New Edom by Vionna-Frankenlish ally Regensburg. Shortly afterward, the Empire of Solisia declared war against New Edom and against the Republic of Gran Chaco, drawing all of Ayaca into the conflict along with Novitera. Whether the Deadorans sought to attack while New Edom was embroiled in conflict or whether a greater conspiracy between nations is at work is unknown at this time.

What is known is that the Shrailleeni Empire is at war once again, and this time against a powerful foe and former Sister. This reporter certainly hopes that the swift wrath of the Mother Goddess will descend upon the Deadorans, and that honor, justice, and righteousness shall be established in this long-suffering land.

UPDATE: We have received reports that fighting has broken out along the Deadoran-Kehrahnii border as well. The Matriarchy of Foreign Affairs has stated that the Enlightened Matriarchy will come to the defense of our Kehrahnii sisters with all haste as part of the war with Deadora.
Last edited by The Shrailleeni Empire on Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ask Me Anything IC
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:09 pm

The Eagle's Cry

International News
October, 1296 (2019)

War Expands!
Vionna-Frankenlisch Allies Attack Aedora!

Imperial City - The war against the aggression of the Feminist Empire of Deadora expanded today with an announcement from the Imperial Palace that declarations of war have been extended to the Empire of Solisia, the Cossack Khanate, the Kingdom of Vionna-Frankenlisch, and Neue Regensburg. The government announced that hostilities against these nations will commence immediately.

Her Enlightened Majesty the Mother Empress announced the decision today while describing reports of a joint Solisian-Cossack attack on the People's Republic of Aedora. While the brave Aedoran continue to resist the Deadoran incursion from the north, the Mother Empress states that reports of a Solisian incursion from the south have been confirmed by Shrailleeni intelligence. Shortly afterward, reports of a bombardment of the Aedoran port of Charyuo by a Cossack fleet were also confirmed. The expansion of the scope of the Enlightened Matriarchy's involvement in the war was elucidated by the Mother Empress in a long speech in which she condemned these acts of unprovoked aggression, expressed disappointment in the actions of Vionna-Frankenlisch and Neue Regensburg, and stressed the need to support the Holy Empire of New Edom in its war against this odd alliance of nations.

"The Enlightened Matriarchy can no longer ignore the machinations of these warmongering powers, who show no respect to the rule of law, the sovereignty of free people to choose their own method of government, or the decorum and respect that are the mark of civilized nations. That the aggressions of Deadora, Solisia, and the Cossack Khanate must be halted should not be a matter for debate among any peace-loving people. The despicable attack on Calafia by the forces of Neue Regensburg must be condemned by any honest heart. And most wretchedly of all, the duplicity of the Kingdom of Vionna-Frankenlish, whose King James assured me personally on numerous occasions of a desire for peace and diplomacy, has now revealed itself in totality. In accordance with the Enlightened Path we have attempted the neutral and diplomatic course. We have been met with nothing but drawn swords. Now Shrailleen shall draw her blade in kind, and demonstrate to these enemies of peace why diplomacy would have been infinitely wiser."
-Excerpt from Her Enlightened Majesty's speech

The declaration accompanies the ongoing mobilization of the Imperial Army, the effects of which have been felt across the islands. The Matriarchy of War intends to have all Battlegroups ready for deployment in a month's time, with certain Sub-Battlegroups prepared to deploy separately within the next two weeks. The Imperial Navy has already been fully mobilized and placed on high alert, as has the Imperial Air Command. In Souther Acheron, the Army of Kurungarra has already engaged Deadoran forces along the border, while the Army of Dengali has reportedly been mobilized for several weeks.

The War Begins

Hostilities against the Empire of Deadora have already begun prior to the announcement of the expansion of Shrailleen's role in the conflict. A massive Deadoran air attack reached Kurungarra yesterday, consisting of nearly two hundred aircraft. Although the enemy was able to inflict serious damage to the Acheron Queendom, the bravery and skill of Shrailleen's Air Command pilots ensured that losses were not what they might have been. Some reports estimate that our flying women shot down over three times the number of their own aircraft lost, a powerful blow to our honor-less attackers.

In the Gulf of Deadora, brave Shrailleeni sailors, despite being outnumbered and trapped near the Shrailleeni coast, have managed to inflict serious injury to the Deadoran fleet. At least one Deadoran cruiser was sunk along with a destroyer, with many more of their ships damaged and at least a dozen of their fighters destroyed. Unfortunately the Enlightened Matriarchy's fleet was eventually destroyed, but the fight is not lost! Many our brave sailors, who refused to surrender until all was lost, survived the attack and have been reported recovered by rescue vessels from Radakat, many of them civilian. This was done while our flyers held the Deadoran fleet at bay with daring air attacks, showing the Deadorans that Shrailleeni are just as fierce as they.

On the ground, the Shrailleeni army in Kurungarra is holding its own against an attempted Deadoran advance. Our sources report that our brave women and men are more than a match for the Deadoran's who suffer from a clear shortage of fuel and supply. Jacqueline Thrall's slanderous insults and unchecked aggression will soon be her downfall.

Kehrahn and Aedora Fight On

Meanwhile, it is reported that despite being attacked on all sides, the Aedoran have refused to surrender to the enemy. Using irregular tactics the brave women and men of the Aedoran militia have inflicted heavy losses on the Deadoran army, and delayed its advance toward the capital. In the cities targeted by Solisia and the Cossack Khanate, war correspondents for the Cry report that the defenders are motivated and eager to defend their homes. One fighter, who prefers to remain anonymous, offered these defiant words:

"Don't care how many they are, nothing is worse than being a slave to the witches from the north. We've already been beaten, whipped, tortured, castrated, families torn apart, children stolen. Ain't shit they can do that's worse than that. Tell them to come, because we're survivors. We'll keep fighting, until either we're dead, or they are."

The news from Kehrahn is unfortunately more bleak as a sudden uprising against the rule of Queen Jada has apparently seize the capital of Kehrahn City. However most the loyal soldiers of Kehrahn have refused to bow to Bryn Tegna, and continue to fight for their freedom against an enormous Deadoran advance. An attempt by Deadora to bomb their former subjects from the air was thwarted by the ferocity and bravery of the New Edomite Air Force, which is reported to have inflicted devastating losses upon the Deadorans in a clear victory.

There can be no mistaking that it is the duty of every Shrailleeni to support this fight. The government reminds all citizens and subjects to do their part in supporting our Sisters and Brothers in arms as they move to fight the forces of violence and oppression. We are guided by the Enlightened Path, we are the Children of the Mother, and our victory is guaranteed.
Ask Me Anything IC

Late Roman Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2011

War against Deadora, Allies Formally Declared!

Postby Late Roman Empire » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:01 pm

The Constantinople Tribune,
Sergius Argento

In a very brief and scathing message to the Senate, Imperator Caesar Titus Augustus, Emperor of the Romans, Pontifex Maximus, and Lord of the World, has formally declared that a 'state of war now exists between the Roman Empire and the following aggressor nations: the Feminist Empire of Deadora, the Kingdom of Neu Regensburg, and the Kingdom of Vionna-Frankenlisch. These warmongering nations are now deemed truly hostis, enemies of the Roman imperium and the Roman people. Furthermore, the Holy Empire of New Edom and the Enlightened Matriarchy of the Shrailleeni Empire are hereby formally awarded the status of Friend and Ally of the Roman People, though we hope to implement and seal this stance with an eventual treaty that will outline the long-term conditions of our formal alliance with both countries. Make no mistake. We shall not permit this aggression to stand. We stand with New Edom, with Shrailleen, with Aedora, and with Kehrahn. The Deadoran state must be completely obliterated from existence for the peace and prosperity of all of Cornellia. It is now total war between us."

Reserve contingents have all been issued orders for complete mobilization and the Master of Soldiers has "not ruled out a possible wartime draft of civilians in case of necessity." This means a full mobilization of the state, a possible war economy, along with war taxes, potential conscription, and full-on, total war status on a scale not seen since the Great War. The Emperor has made his meaning plain. He seeks to completely wreck the very existence of Deadora as a functioning military power. Rome has not waged total war on any nation since the Great War. If the Divine Augustus, in His Divine Wisdom, sees it as necessary to bring Deadora to heel by any means necessary, this very much includes the risk of escalation, up to and including the possible use of strategic air warfare, cyber warfare, air strikes, and cruise missile strikes, even conventional ICBMs. Simply because Rome has no WMDs does not mean that Rome cannot have a long reach. Rome does not enter wars without planning to win."

Or, as the Master of Soldiers stated recently, "Rome wins wars not because of superior tactical brilliance, but because of Roman steel, grit, fortitude, and resolve. Rome wins wars because she does not quit them short of victory. Rome will never stop attacking Deadora until Deadora has been destroyed."

Be afraid, Jackie Thrall. Be very afraid.
Last edited by Late Roman Empire on Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I swear by Almighty God that I will faithfully serve and obey the Divine Augustus, as our Lord and Master, and hold him alone as my true, dread sovereign and prince. I swear that I will serve him loyally until the hour of my death, on pain of damnation to my eternal soul." - the Imperial Oath of Allegiance (administered to the civil service and armed forces)

Woe to they who demand things of the Lord of the World, for he is neither so obliged nor amused.

Novitera
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Novitera » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:28 pm

Noviteran News Network

The camera immediately shows a rally being held at a convention center in Avantine. Noviteran and Lai Dai logo flags were being waved by a celebratory crowd. There was cheering and the firing of confetti cannons. A man in his 50s with graying dark blonde hair steps forward to wave. His family awaits in the background.

Merril Dawson, anchor for the Noviteran News Network begins to narrate. "There you are everyone. The next Directorate Chairman and Prime Director. Thomas Glass. He'll be stepping down as CEO of Lai Dai and taking the reigns as head of government of the United Federation." She said.

Lance Natsu, the other anchor chimes in. "We may be at war but our democracy carries on. Lucas North did a fine job. He brought us out of the recession. But his time is up."

The cheering is still happening. Thomas Glass is still waving at the crowd who are not close to quieting down yet. Close ups of several people in the crowd showed tears of joy on their faces.

"Not quite yet. North still has pledged to handle the war all the way until he steps out of office. Then Glass will have to take over. If North cannot secure a peace by then it will be a tough first test of Glass's skills as a statesman. Not to mention that the Patriots still hold the Executive." Dawnson replied to that.

"This result comes as no surprise. Glass may be running as a Commoner but he has widespread popularity across all parties. CEO of Lai Dai, perhaps the most recognizable brand name to come out of Novitera. Bittersweet for Lai Dai employees as he will be resigning as CEO effective tomorrow." Said Natsu.

"A powerful candidate on his own too. He's no proxy with Lai Dai backing him and being one of the richest men in Novitera himself. What's his net worth?" Dawson asked.

"Close to four billion UFD I believe. Not a founder of Lai Dai nor did he see it rise to become a major company. But I'd say one of the main contributors to its success in 21st Century. The Sleek Series achieved the largest market share in the region under his tenure as CEO. That's something." Natsu answered.

They paused to listen to Glass's speech which was charismatic and galvanized the crowd even more. At the end, he departed to the cheers of his supporters and admirers.

"Well there you have it folks. Thomas Glass, the next leader of the United Federation."
Last edited by Novitera on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:10 pm

New Edomite National News Report

Opening bars of Pictures at an Exhibition play as a globe spins with pins popping up on various points of the world. Split screen images of natural disasters, celebrations, military actions, elections, royal ceremonies, celebrity events are showing, occasionally with New Edomite news anchors talking about them, and then fades to a news desk.

A raven haired woman with olive skin, dark brown eyes with a rosebud mouth, a slim nose and a statuesque figure sat behind a news desk with the New Edomite flag imposed over a silhouette map of the Allied States of New Edom behind her. “Good evening,” she said, looking up with a smile. It was clear that above the waist at least she wore nothing but a gold cross on a chain, though her image was pixelated for those nations censoring such an appearance. “I’m Lavinia Tuller, and this is a NENN News."
“The 2nd Great Cornellian War is now in its second month. What began over accusations of intentions of Edomite imperialism by the King of Vionna-Frankenlisch has become a war to restore the Deadoran Empire, seemingly at all levels of human cost.

“It is estimated that 100,000 people have fled from their homes in Eluria, Aedora, in the past few days, adding that a growing number had taken refuge in shelters and schools. Forces from Deadora, the Cossack Khanate, and the Empire of Solisia have, following invasion of Aedora, engaged in intense bombardment, not sparing civilian or residential areas. According to the Foreign Ministry, the targeting of these areas has nothing to do with targeting industry, fortified areas or strategic targets, but is simply intended to break the will of the Aedoran people to fight. It has been said by contacts from the Shrailleeni government that wounded and surrendering Aedorans have been shot out of hand by Solisian troops.

“Worse still, however, is the use of chemical weapons. Chemical weapons are a rare phenomenon in the Region, mostly having been used against Edomite Lancers in Delvian States by rebels in Brod. Chemical weapons that apparently destroy all bodily functions and cause a painful humiliating death that goes against every notion of honour, religion or general decency that exists. The burn victims and dead of Calafia still cry out for justice against these utterly brutal tactics.

“What then, of this coalition, which began its war in pride and has committed to one of the most ruthless regimes in the Region, which regularly castrates its boys and forces its women to live either as virtually enslaved factory workers or as cogs in its military regime which is as devoted to rape and murder as the former Damoclean communists? This coalition which has openly used naval and air bombardments against civilians, which has set fire to crops and destroyed hospitals and schools, sparing none by age or sex? The Prophet, Samuel Under, has described this as a Coalition of the Devil.

“In the face of this coalition, the nations of New Edom, the Shrailleeni Empire, the Republic of Chaco, the Federation of Novitera, the Empire of Rome, The Republic of Ashab, the Kingdom of Mount Zeon, the Kingdom of Kamohaeng Phet, the brave peoples of Kehrahn and Aedora stand in the balance for civilization and decency. In a brave air battle over Kehrahn, Edomite and Noviteran pilots went out to do battle and halt the Deadorans in their tracks. While casualties were high, the incursion was prevented, and the line was held. It was the first major counter-offensive by the allied forces, and it has been called a victory, but a costly one.

General Jonathan Unwerth is shown beside an air force officer with a confident expression and dark hair streaked with grey. “I am ever confident of the ability of our allies to stand in the face of the enemy and respond with growing strength. We have called up more reservists and are gathering more necessary materials to fight and win this war. It is clear from the actions of the coalition in Aedora that the enemy will not stop until they have their boot on everyone’s neck, so we have to fight hard and win. I am glad to have our Noviteran and Chacano and Mount Zeon allies on the eastern front with us. Just as more of our people are getting involved, we hope our Noviteran and other friends will too. If we had but a tenth of the strength of our Ayacan and Noviteran allies there in the air, for instance, not one Deadoran would have been able to retreat, they would have been ash in the skies. This is a mighty alliance of people brought together out of a simple desire to protect civilization from barbarism, and if we are determined, we cannot but win.”

“And those are stirring words from the Minister of Defense,” Lavinia continued.

"And that is the evening news. A message for all householders: every home in New Edom is expected to do is part and cooperate with rationing of fuel, cloth, metal, glass, plastic and food starting this Thursday. Check your local church for information and receiving instruction from your civil defense leaders. For NENN, I'm Lavinia Tuller."
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:04 pm

News for the People

New Edom Bloodied in Kehrahnii Skies

Slanderous Accusations Follow Wake of Defeat

Entrylli, Deadora An attempt by the New Edomite Air Force to bomb Deadoran land with impunity met with failure when its attempted counter-offensive was intercepted by fighters from Western and Northern Air Command. In a ferocious but costly battle the brave pilots of Deadora forced the New Edomites, along with their dishonorable Noviteran allies, to flee the skies above Kehrahn. It is reported unlikely that the enemy will attempt another attack of the same scale, but Air Command stands ready to intercept any force that violates the sovereignty of our skies.

The ruthless aggression and expansionism of New Edom began what is being called the 2nd Great Cornellian War, with an attempt to use its Mcnernian allies to overthrow the sovereign rule of King James of Vionna-Frankenlisch over New Columbia. Frustrated at being caught in this underhanded attempt, New Edom then bombed the port at Frankenlisch with no provocation. It was only at that time that long-suffering Deadora, whose loyal province of Kyrrn was twisted toward New Edom by the whorish actions of the traitor-queen Jada, stood up to say that New Edomite aggression would be tolerated no longer.

The Empire of Deadora has a sovereign right to maintain the integrity of its state. The New Edomites, and the Shrailleeni whores who follow them slavishly, wish to see our nation ripped asunder. We did not start this war, no matter how the New Edomites twist words. They would see our proud women beaten and submissive, our people subjugated like complacent Dengali or Lyscanians. This will never happen. We will liberate our Kehrahnii sisters from the New Edomite yoke, we will subdue the Communist Aedoran rebels that New Edom and the Shrailleeni now support. And we will not be accused of unnecessary aggression by the subjugators of the Elwe and the conquerors of half of Acheron.

Unable to defeat the Feminist Empire's forces conventionally, the self-proclaimed "Holy Empire" now resorts to propaganda tactics. This might be a wise strategy if its choice of accusations were not laughably and demonstrably false, smacking of desperation and a pathetic attempt to justify their wanton expansionism. Her Ascendancy the Matriarch Empress released an official statement against New Edomite accusations today, in which she made mockery of the suggestion that chemical weapons have been used during the pacification of Aedora.

"It is no secret that the ongoing pacification of Aedora has proven difficult. This is because the Communist rebels, like all Marxists, have no honor. They wear no uniforms, and resort to the basest of terrorist tactics because they know that they cannot win otherwise. They blend with the local population, and attempt to use civilians as human shields. Our forces are doing their best to remove civilians from the areas of conflict, but the rebels are attempting to use our compassion to their advantage. In Eluria and Fallows, we have even received waves of civilian refugees sent to the front lines by callous rebel leadership to act as a living buffer against our advance. The New Edomites should know to what levels such people are willing to sink, one need only look at the anarchist uprising that occurred only a few years ago in Gloria Regis. An uprising also funded and defended by the Shrailleeni...such a strange coincidence. It is almost as if the Shrailleeni are willing to use Marxism to advance their own territorial ambitions, and are attempting to do so again in Deadora. Such a strange alliance of hypocrites."

The accusations that New Edom has lain against us with respect to chemical weapons are incredible claims, woven by our desperate enemy to mask their own crimes. They take the normal costs of war and inflate them to laughable proportions. We will not have this terrible situation twisted to make us into monsters. I shall say this only once, there is no evidence whatsoever for these insane claims of chemical weapon use. The Feminist Empire has not used chemical weapons in battle since the First Cornellian Great War, we do not even possess them. This is by far the most outrageous lie parroted by New Edomite media, and cannot be believed by any rational person. As if we would poison our own land, our own people. Such an action would be that of the insane."

It appears that once again New Edom has lied to the nations of the region, and they eagerly follow behind. The soldiers of Gran Chaco, Novitera, and Mount Zeon will die in the fields of Kyrnn wondering what they are fighting for. The Shrailleeni attempt to overthrow Deadoran rule in Aedora as they did that of New Edom in Gloria Regis will fail, and the people of Kurungarra already suffer for their arrogance. As for the blustering of Rome, it is doubtful that the Imperator truly understands the situation. Deadora is not intimidated by vague threats and posturing. And if Rome were to look for half a second at the cause that it supports, Aedoran Marxists and New Edom's Kehrahnii whore, it might realize that it is on the wrong side of this conflict entirely.

Ask Me Anything IC

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:44 pm

The Eagle's Cry

International News
November, 1295 (2019)

Chemical Weapons Deployed Against Aedora
Shrailleeni Intelligence Claims Confirmation of Nerve Toxins in Eluria

Imperial City - A partially declassified report from Shrailleeni Imperial Strategic Intelligence has confirmed the presence of chemical weapons in the People’s Republic of Aedora. Citing the finding of humanitarian workers operating out of Charyuo and Torrebyn, it claims to have "undeniable proof" of the use of nerve toxins against Aedoran forces and the civilian population.

Furthermore, the SISI report suggests that it is the Empire of Solisia that is the likeliest origin for the deployment of the toxins. It bases this accusation on the use of low-lethality chemical weapons by Solisia in repressing demonstrations earlier this year, as well as the fact that no chemical symptoms or residue has yet been reported from the northern front of the conflict where most of Deadora's forces are located. However, it does not rule out that the Deadorans may simply have deployed the neurotoxins safely away from their own front lines.

In any event, it is clear that the coalition has committed a serious attack of indiscriminate and excessive brutality against the Aedoran. The use of lethal chemical weapons has been illegal within the Shrailleeni military since the end of the First Great War a century ago, due to the humiliating and inhumane suffering that such weapons inflict as well as their potentially to directly harm civilian populations. Their appearance in the Aedoran conflict has raised fears within the Matriarchy of War of the potential use of gas against Shrailleeni forces, and has drastically changed the nature and tone of the war against both Deadora and Solisia.

The Foreign Minister, speaking on behalf of Her Enlightened Majesty, issued an ultimatum to both Matriarch Empress Jacqueline Thrall and Empress Meriall Satarana of Solisia. To quote the Minister: "No nation which justifies the use of these weapons, which deliberately targets unarmed civilians and children with abominable weapons indiscriminate death, can be considered honorable, just, or capable of existence in a peaceful world. The Enlightened Matriarchy pledges to fight this barbarism to the gates of the Calla-Gold Palace and to the palace in Shona, and to restore to the peoples of Deadora and Solisia the civilized leadership that they deserve."

These words, which appear to threaten nothing less than regime change in both enemy empires, come as the Imperial Army continues its mobilization across the Home Islands. A public day prayer has been announced for this Friday, to remind all Children of the Mother Goddess to follow Her Enlightened Path and hold Her virtues truly against the enemies of peace and justice.

Shrailleen to Join CTO
Mother Empress Signs NISA Approval

Imperial City - After many weeks of deliberation within the Imperial Matriarchate, the bill laying the foundation for the Enlightened Matriarchy's signature to the Cornellian Trade Organization has been passed in a final vote of 5 in favor, 3 against. The legislation was then sent to the Imperial Throne, at which time Her Enlightened Majesty the Mother Empress signed her approval of the measure, enacting the law.

Her Enlightened Majesty the Mother Empress Chella Resyanna fe Shrailleen also made a brief statement on the legislation's passing and her approval of it. In it she stated that "in these turbulent times for the region it is all the more vital to focus upon the things that unite the Cornellian nations, rather than those that divide us." She added that the path to true peace and stability, and a future safe and prosperous for our children and their children, requires recognizing that our peoples depend upon one another. The elimination of trade barriers and the acceptance of international arbitration would guide the Enlightened Matriarchy and the honorable nations of the region toward a brighter future.

The Matriarchy of Foreign Affairs is expected to submit a formal request to the CTO later today. The law already provides for many of the trade regulations required by the organization, but will require additional legislative work following CTO acceptance.
Last edited by The Shrailleeni Empire on Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ask Me Anything IC

Novitera
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Novitera » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:40 pm

Noviteran News Network

The camera pans to a room where two people are seated. One man looks to be in his late 50s with a full head of thick combed hair that is now graying. For his age he seemed fit and was definitely handsome. Another is a woman that looks to be in her late 30s, pretty and blonde. They are dressed very formally with the woman in a professional dress and the man in a three piece suit. The room they were in had a bookshelf and a large window with Avantine's skyscrapers in the background.

"Welcome. I'm Jesse Blarkes and I'm here today with someone you all know, former CEO of Lai Dai and Prime Director elect, Thomas Glass. Welcome Mr. Glass." The woman said.

Glass was sitting confidently leaned back with his legs crossed. "I'm happy to be on the show."

"Glass, how did your family get that name? It's a strange name." The interviewer asked as an easy icebreaker.

"Umm..." Glass thought about it for a moment. "I looked into it myself because I was curious. The story is, my great-grandfather was a runaway slave from Rome. He didn't have a last name when he came over and took Glass when he got a job at glassware shop in Avantine. Guess he couldn't think of anything better."

"Oh very interesting. So craftsmanship is in your blood!"

"He didn't make the glass. Just sold it. Figures right? I did the same thing at Lai Dai!" He exclaimed jokingly.

Blarkes chuckled prettily at that.

"We're all aware that you will be taking office very soon here. This interview isn't so much to get to know your platforms as we all heard about that in the campaign. More so, to get to know you." Blarkes stated.

"I'm an open book." Glass responded with a warm smile.

"Let's start early years. Family, growing up. I know that your father was a fish butcher is that correct?" Blarkes asked.

The new Prime Director looked wistful and nodded. "Yes indeed. My family had been in Avantine for three generations until I broke the trend and moved to Heselory. I'm Avantine born and raised. My old man butchered bluefin tuna at Iidoken Market and that's how I got interested in working there myself during high school and college."

"Oh yes. Tell us about that. You've often credited your time working at the market as major influence on your understanding of business." Blarkes remarked.

"Yeah! Well pop brought me around often when I was younger and I was astonished. I mean, we all know Iidoken. It's been the largest seafood market in Cornellia since who knows. First time I get there, I'm shocked by how hectic it is. Wilder than the stock exchange. Auctions going on left and right, haggling, workers rushing around with carts...it was a sort of controlled chaos and it really touched my sense of wonder. I knew right away, I wanted to be a part of this. Let me tell you something. If you were to ask what is the most ruthless business in Avantine, most people would say banking or tech. I say fish. You want to learn business? Deal fish in Avantine. Iidoken Market to me is hands down the greatest symbol of the Noviteran spirit. It's ruthlessly competitive, energetic, it's fast, efficient, grand and it's a little insane." He paused and slapped his knee. "When I was in late high school I got a job packing fish for one of the smaller wholesalers that operated out of Iidoken. Not exactly a great job but I just was happy I got to be there. I was able to work my way up by the time I got to college to finally become a dealer. Fish dealer! I..." He paused again. "...LOVED it. Some of the best years of my professional life."

"Thomas Glass, fish dealer to CEO of Lai Dai. Astonishing. Tell us about that. I mean, it should be self explanatory but what does a fish dealer at Iidoken do?" Asked Blarkes looking amused.

"If you were to ask me which job is harder, fish dealer in Avantine all the way." Glass said not seriously. "First, you gotta get up early. I have to get there around 3:30 in the morning to start inspecting the lots brought in by ship, truck or plane. I figure out which lots I'm going to bid on and the maximum I'm should pay for it given the quality. Not all lots are of equal quality of course. For example the bluefin, the more fat the better and you figure this out by touch and sight. Then at 5, bidding starts and there's bidding throughout the day but this is when it starts for the most coveted product. Bluefin, blowfish...that sort of thing. The bidding is fast too. A lot takes 10 seconds to sell at most and you have to use hand signals to place your bid. After that its selling the product. I go to the trading floor to haggle with agents from stores and restaurants. I have to factor in the quality and freshness of the products, the price paid and the delivery cost because we deliver when negotiating a sale. It's an exchange as much as the Avantine Stock Exchange is. A lot more cussing and some fist fights though. Other dealers are out there trying to take your sale, trying to low ball you. Not only that, you're racing against time too. The product is fish. This is a very fungible product. Every minute the value drops. A fish dealer has to move product fast, very fast. Sometimes we wind up with extra. In that case, I'm phoning stores and restaurants trying to unload what we have left before it gets too old and we're not making a profit on the sale anymore. Oh...those were good days. I had such a wonderful time." Glass explained with great enthusiasm.

"Why did you leave to go to Lai Dai?"

"I didn't leave. A year out of college, I was still working there and I had been there for 6 years. I was happy. But my wholesaler merged with another and my position became redundant. Got laid off. I was heartbroken." Glass answered sadly.

Blarkes looked empathetic at that. "But it did turn out pretty well for you didn't it?" She asked.

Glass laughed. "Yes! I suppose it did. I got hired on with Lai Dai after that. Operations. I'll say though, I would have never made it to CEO if it wasn't for my time working at Iidoken because of what I learned there about time. People forget time too often in their formulas. There's capital..." Glass raised a thumb then a finger for every thing he listed after. "...labor, raw materials, equipment...but people never think about time. If you can save time, you have something to sell. People want things to be fast. That was my whole philosophy when I became the CEO. Faster processing speed, faster customer service, easier interfaces, one device that can do it all..."

"The SLEEK!" Blarkes blurted out.

"Yeah the Sleek. That was, I shall immodestly say, my idea on saving time. First Noviteran smartphone. Do your banking, emails, get the news, surf the web and everything else on the Sleek and on the go." Glass stated with a large satisfied grin on his face.

The blonde interviewer nodded thoughtfully at that. "Why did you decide to run? And why the Commoner Party ticket?" She asked.

"Lai Dai, under my leadership, has always supported the Commoner Party for one reason primarily." He said then looked to be thinking about it for a moment. "The Commoner Party has always been the party of small businesses and that's important. More important than people recognize. That was how the party was started. Small business owners gathered in the commons..." He emphasized the word. "...of their communities to figure out a way to compete against the big boys, the large companies. Commoners were at the forefront of Antitrust. They just wanted a fair shot at breaking into the market. Lai Dai depends heavily on startups which is why I always backed the Commoners. Small developers that make new apps for our platform like the Sleek make our products more valuable. They can do more."

"Noviteran economic growth depends on small businesses and startups. We still have a vibrant startup industry but I think that's been undermined in favor of megacorp for the past ten to fifteen years. Don't get me wrong, having the big boys around is good. We need the big boys. They're the anchors of our economy. Lai Dai is a big boy after all. But Lai Dai, Ishukoni, Wiyrkomi, Teratech, Frontier Systems...we were all startups once too. Startups are the growth. They will be the anchors of the future and we need to make sure they get a fair shot. People say I want to be protectionist, no. I just want fairness in the market. Novitera may be the economic center of Cornellia now but we shouldn't take that for granted. We could easily get left behind if do not allow the saplings to grow. The new generation of entrepreneurs and innovators will save us from that and we need to be a nation built for them. Without them, we'll be the dealer at Iidoken who ends the day with a couple hundred pounds of fish unsold." Glass joked.

That got a laugh out of Blarkes. "Why you though?"

Glass sat up. "Good question. I want to set an example. It use to be that the best executives would serve in office as a matter civic duty. Look at how many past Prime Directors and Executors were CEOs. Now, we send out proxies. It's not right. I say, let the people who really lead this country, who have proven they deserve to lead this country, actually lead the country. Take office. We need to have the best and in Novitera, the best are our business leaders. Now, I'm not saying I'm the best. I'm pretty damn good though." They laughed.

" I'm running because for someone to really advocate for the small business owner at the national level of government, it has to be someone who is independent. I don't have clients I need to please. I don't need to make sure a job is waiting for me when I leave office. I have 4 billion dollars!" He spread his hands.

"There's a lot of criticism though that because you are independent, this means you are less accountable. You get to do whatever you want and this is dangerous. Would like to respond to that?" Said Blarkes.

"That's not true. Not true at all. I WISH it were true. I may not have clients in the normal sense but I am still checked by the other Directors who have their own clients with the power and the money. The Nationals are going to be a tough wall that stands against me. Some of the Patriots too. Not only that, I still need support from the private sector outside of Lai Dai to make the changes I want to make." He responded.

"The war. Do you feel ready to handle the war?" Asked Blarkes, changing subject.

"Already have had meetings with people from the DCB and Department of Defense. They're keeping me up to date. From everything I've read, our military and the Allies are doing a fantastic job. Our Air Force has already achieved air superiority over the theater. It has been managed incredibly well thanks to General Takeda, the senior officers at the DCB, Executor Kuribayashi and Prime Director North. All the commanders...Takeda, Garcia, Hermengild, Flynn and the Shrai matriarchs are all top of their field. All high performing. The best people are already where they need to be. I just heard one our downed pilots survived the warzone and rescued a Kehrahni Princess. Amazing. If the war is still going by the time I get in, I'll be ready to handle it in the way I know how. In the way I don't know how, there is no shortage of talent on our end." He answered confidently.

"Well that's enough for tonight. Thank you for coming Mr. Glass."
Last edited by Novitera on Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:26 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Novitera
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Novitera » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:48 pm

GALLOWS STREET JOURNAL

The North Era Ends

Thousands gathered on the steps of the Directorate Center in Chelien yesterday waving Noviteran flags and Lai Dai banners. They watched on as Thomas Glass ascended the steps of the capital building where Chief Justice Lorie Bess awaited and Glass took his oath of office. There Glass raised his right hand and recited what all Noviteran heads of government had recited before him. Lucas North approached, removed his cherry blossom pin and then pinned it onto Glass's lapel himself signalling the willing surrender of his authority. The two men shook hands before Lucas North descended the steps. Cheers followed along with cries of "Shintochi Banzai". It is a official, the tenure of North has ended and the reign of Glass has begun.

OTHER STORIES
Business Capital Squeezed
Neue Regensburg and New Edom Declare Ceasefire
Raid on Kehrahni City
Noviteran Air and Sea Campaign
Last edited by Novitera on Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:30 am

THE FINEBERG TIMES

1 Copper Daily
January 10, 2020

An Honourable Conclusion! Peace Agreement with Neue Regensburg!

by Annabelle Barca

FINEBERG, New Edom-- Princess Jocasta, the Regent of Gavinium Magnus, and Thomas Glass, Prime Director of Novitera, have successfully guided negotiations that have ended war with Neue Regensburg in a manner consistent with the national honour of the Holy Empire and the Federation of Novitera.

The Neue Regensburg Minister of State, Adam Marius, met with Princess Jocasta and Prime Director Glass in Noviteran Peregrino to discuss use of the channel, the sovereignty of Peregrino, and the Damoclean border. While Neue Regensburg had originally supported Vionna-Frankenlisch in war against New Edom. The principal objectives of Neue REgensburg, however, had been clearly stated to be security concerns on its borders and use of the adjoining bay to its own coastline.

“In general,” Princess Jocasta informed the press corps, “Neue Regensburg has been an honourable foe. From time to time, those who have a concern for their honour and for their own people will come to blows when they disagree. Neue Regensburg’s sldiers sailors and airmen acted with resolve and courage, and we salute them, as we salute our own soldiers, sailors and airmen who fought. We have made a compromise which I feel all may raise their eyes in good conscience unto heaven.”

The island of Peregrino will remain in Edomite hands, and its armed forces will remain in control of it. General Samuel Hod, commander of forces on Peregrino, is to be given the highest honours for his successful defense of the island.

In other news:
    King Alois of Hydrenia and Archons of Lyscania review defense exercises
    The “Beast of Bara” terrorizes Baran farms
    Deadoran Air Force pronounced “Utterly smashed” by Gen. Shinhusar
    Patriarch of the Apostolic Church calls for a national day of prayer

"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:21 pm

| NATIONAL NEWS | LOCAL NEWS | ECONOMICS | WORLD |
| FOOD | ENTERTAINMENT | SPORTS | OPINION |
Not Too Close For Comfort: the Order of Comfort Awarded Ismos Peace Prize
By John Igara| GHISH | Posted: December 20th, 2019 12:00 GST

GHISH – For the Order of Comfort, the Ismos Peace Prize was comfortably theirs to lose. The Order of Comfort, a Shrailleeni humanitarian organization that provides aid to impoverished peoples around the world, especially in war-torn regions, ran away with the award in what is to be considered a landslide victory. George Robert Cuthbert Fenwick II of Munkcestria and Laura Ramino Kan of Tikal were the runner-ups.

According to the Committee, the 2019 Ismos Peace Prize has been awarded to the Order of Comfort "in recognition of the organization's expansive humanitarian work dating back a century, the likes of which few humanitarian organizations can hope to match."

"Since the Great Cornellian War, the Order of Comfort has provided medical assistance, food, water, shelter, clothing, sanitation and safety to millions of people affected by the ravages of war. Other conflicts in which the Order of Comfort has been instrumental in providing humanitarian aid to affected persons include the Othmani and Deadoran invasions of Dengali, the Third Elwe Uprising, the 2nd and 3rd Edomite Civil Wars, the Ashabi Civil War, the conflicts in Gloria Regis, the Gavinian War, the Deadoran War and several other conflicts around the world. Millions of lives have been preserved due to the tireless efforts of the Order of Comfort over the past century, and it is in the spirit of those countless people that this award is so rightfully given, for it has been earned a hundred times over."

The Ismos Peace Prize was first awarded in 1890 in honor of Irat Ismos, the first Prime Minister of Ghant, who also founded the Ismos Institute which serves as the headquarters for the Ismos Peace Committee, the members of which are appointed by Parliament to serve five year terms. The committee members are highly guarded about their deliberations and rarely let slip advance word on the winner. However, nominees for the prize are often identified publicly, as well as who came in what place during the voting process. The award was stipulated in Ismos’s will to be given "To the person or organization who has done the most of best work for peace between nations, the abolition or reduction of standing armies and of preventing or ending conflict."

"It is our hope that not only does the Order of Comfort continue to excel in the area of international humanitarian aid, but that others follow their example to ease the suffering of those affected by war," Ismos Chairman Gorka Aguirre said. "Because were it not for the Order of Comfort and organizations like them, then the humanitarian crisis facing these affected people would be much more severe, and the world would be a darker place for us all."

The Peace Prize will be presented to the Order of Comfort on December 23rd at the Imperial Ghish Concert Hall by Peace Prize Laureate Empress Sophia of Ghant, Gorka Aguirre and Institute member and current Leader of the Opposition Sara Haribec, great-granddaughter of Laureate Prime Minister Malderi Haribec and descendant of Irat Ismos through her mother. Congratulations to the Order of Comfort and all of its volunteers!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:58 pm

1 COPPER

THE FINEBERG TIMES

CITY FINAL THURSDAY MARCH 19, 2020

Gun Wielding Evil Clowns Rob Ice Cream Shop:
Descriptions Of White Faces, Red Noses And Wide Grins Is No Help To Police

editorial by Litotes the Clown

Two clowns hit the family-owned 'Levi's Ice Cream Shop' Wednesday morning, and they're still on the loose.

PADAN-ARAN, Bara Province - Think of clowns, and birthday parties or circus rings may come to mind -- not gun-wielding robbers.

But that was the case in Padan-Aran Wednesday morning when two armed clowns hit an ice cream shop.

In full clown make up with red noses, two men walked into Levi's Ice Cream Shop and locked the door.

The owner was alone, her husband on his way.

"He took the gun and told me, 'not to move.' He wanted money," said husband Levi Ulam, who also sells Delvian sandwiches at the shop.

Levi's wife showed the clowns the cash register, but they had something else in mind.

"He didn't want it. He wanted money inside," said Levi gesturing toward the back of the shop.

The clowns forced Levi's wife to open the safe in the back room. They got away with 300-400 coppers before running out the back door.

Obviously the description of white faces, red noses and wide grins is no help to police.

That's what worries regular customers.

"I'd hate for something like this to happen to them again, because I know it's a family-owned business and you have to be sympathetic to that," said customer Gloria Zebulon. "This is their livelihood."

Neighboring businesses are now taking extra precautions.

"Like this morning I was alone, I didn't unlock the door until 10," said hair salon owner Orion Atreides. "I just kept my eye out for customers."

Dear Dr. Bonasentio

Dear Dr. Bonasentio,

I am a sixteen year old girl from San Pedro, Chaco. Recently I have been having trouble with my boyfriend. He is older than me and has recently left for his army training. He says he loves me and that he wants to marry me, but I found out that since he left for training, he has been having intercourse with Shrailleeni girls who are in the country as tourists. I have been crying for days, because he says they mean nothing to him and that I am his true love still. I am so mixed up inside. I still love him, and know that he would be a great father, but I can’t bear to look at him since I know that he has been with those loose foreign girls. I feel so disrespected. What should I do Dr. Bonasentio?

Sincerely,
Brokenhearted in San Pedro

Dear Brokenhearted,

You must understand that there are two possibilities here. The first is that your potential fiance is being a rake, which some soldiers will do when they are afar and subject to temptations of the flesh. The other is that he has been bewitched by the immorality of Shrailleeni women, who have no morals as Christians know them and desperately crave such men as men from Chaco, New Edom, and Mount Zeon who had bring them in line as they secretly crave. For this, these women will do all manner of lewd and shameful acts such as men in decent countries only dream of, sinful, wicked and disgusting performances. Indeed, there is no part of the female body they will not use to try to entice such men, even to the point of degrading themselves like female breeding animals. What man could resist the temptation of such lascivious wantonness, so corrupt and foul, panting for one’s manhood with desperation so that they might be willing to obey any command, however degrading and unthinkable in a truly civilized country?

I recommend, therefore, that you find out if he was simply being a rake or lured to his moral downfall by the wickedness I described. If it was the former, there is no doubt a better man for you. If it was the latter, I advise forgiving him, making sure he is examined by a skillful physician, and making the engagement arrangements.

Sincerely,
Dr. Bonasentio

Dear Dr. Bonasentio,

I am a 45 year old man from Southern Chaco and I recently bought a motorcycle. I love it! I love feeling the freedom, the air rushing through my hair. There is not much wrong with my purchase. The problem is with my wife. She complains about everything. She says we can’t afford it, that we are in too much debt. That Noviteran credit card companies are just slant eyed shysters who want to foreclose on our house. I told her that I could pick up some overtime hours at work but she keeps complaining about the kids going to college. Frankly I’m sick of this hen pecking, but I don’t know how to get my wife to stop. Is there a way that I can tell her to leave me alone, without upsetting her?

Sincerely,
Hen Pecked in Chaco

Dear Hen Pecked,

No, there is no way of telling her to be more thoughtful of your concerns without upsetting her. Sorry. Women do not really understand money or children once they begin to wear shoes and go to school. You will have to discipline her. Soft hearted men have difficulty doing this, because women wail and cry like little children. You must understand that you do not merely punish, however, but offer the carrot and stick, as with a child or a domestic animal. Give her a good beating and then buy her a pretty bauble later, and she will see the error of her ways.

Dr. Bonasentio

Dear Dr. Bonasentio,

I was recently rejected from a job at a clothing store that I applied to at a mall. I am a twenty four year old woman from Seville, San Carlo, and a job in the mall is one of the most lovely things I can think of. Discounts on makeup, working inside a clean building in the air conditioning, not having to argue with people on the street. The people at the store said that I dressed inappropriately to the interview. I have no idea how! I wore my shiniest hoop earings, my golden tube top, and my thickest wedge sandals with my tightest jeans. I looked damn fine! I am going to turn in another application for the same position. How can I make them see that I really am the best candidate to work for them?

Sincerely,
Rejected in Seville

Dear Rejected,

You sound like a nice young woman, though I wonder why, in your advanced years, you are not yet married without a husband to provide for you. If not married, surely you would be working a government job appropriate to your station? But I do not know your personal situation.

At any rate, while you sound nice, I’m afraid that dressing like a prostitute is not likely to get you a job in a mall. Decent young women wear long dresses or go naked.

Hope this helps!

Dr. Bonasentio

Dear Dr. Bonasentio

I am a 42-year-old public servant with a question for you. If you were to drag your nation into a poorly-thought conflict against a legion of foremost regional powers with only the most incompetent of allies for support, how would you deal with the fallout of such a failure? Assume, also, that your nation did absolutely nothing except get spanked up and down the Sabri Sea in support of said incompetent allies.

Also, I have a strange suspicion that my wife and councillors are keeping me constantly in a state of inebriation in order to deal with me more effectively. Do you think I am being paranoid?

Yours,
Confused in Frankenlisch

Dear Confused,

You have outlined two problems. It is not normally my custom to respond to more than one, but I will be generous today as the Lord bids.

First, King James of Vionna-Frankenlisch I think that a person like that should apologize and be very polite to my King-Emperor the other head of state. This should teach you appropriate humility in future.

Also, I don’t understand your second complaint. Are people cunning disguising your liquor as fruit juice or feeding it to you intravenously? Otherwise, you are, as far as you seem to be describing, a grown man. A man who cannot control his servants and his women is not a man. I recommend that you reflect upon your duties and responsibilities and repent of your previous distraction. As Saint Paul said, “Thou shalt not be drunk on wine, but upon the Spirit of God.”

Hope this helps,
Dr. Bonasentio.
Last edited by New Edom on Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:07 pm

1 COPPER

THE FINEBERG TIMES

CITY FINAL THURSDAY MARCH 20, 2020

Dear Dr. Bonasentio

Dear Dr. Bonsentio,

Greetings from Novitera. I heard of you from an Edomite classmate here at University of Calirma from which I am soon to graduate. Recently, I’ve been having second thoughts about my career path. For the longest time, I have dreamed of joining the United Federation Air Force to be a pilot. But I have so far taken the advice of my family and friends that a military career is not as reputable or rewarding as one in the private sector. In my country, this seems to be true. I have a very lucrative offer to work at Civic Bank of Avantine after I graduate. But after seeing the war reports on the news of our pilots in Southern Acheron, I yearn to be among them. I want to fly planes and serve my country! I can’t help but feel that’s what I should be doing with my life! But I don’t know whether this is just a moment of indecision that will pass or whether I am making a big mistake by turning down the Air Force to work for Civic. Like I would be missing out on my life’s calling. Granted, the pay will be a lot better at Civic and I need to think about my financial future. What should I do?

Regards,
Indecision in Novitera

Dear Indecision:,

According to Saint Paul’s Letter to Timothy, a blameless man "Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous . . . Likewise must be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;" Therefore I advise you to join your national air force, which has recently covered itself in glory in the Great Cornellian War of the Allies of Virtue against the Coalition of Damnation.

Yours sincerely,

Dr. Bonasentio.

Dear Dr. Bonasentio,

I am a Noviteran that recently moved to Fineberg because my firm opened up offices here and have to work here for at least 2 years. I’m having trouble adjusting to the culture. The women seem to be unwilling to sleep with me whereas I never had a problem with attracting women before. I can’t buy any cocaine either which has made me agitated and moody. To compensate, I’ve been drinking a lot of coffee and alcohol but it just doesn’t seem to do the trick. I make a lot of money and am satisfied with my career but I have always felt there has been something missing in my life. Now that feeling is all the worse because I no longer have access to recreational drugs or female companionship to tide me over. Is there a way I can properly adjust so I can at least get back to a normal mental state?

Regards,
Avantine - Fineberg Transfer

Dear Avantine,

The nervous disposition is a common one in persons who have a great deal of responsibility. They often neglect their personal health. I recommend that you pay attention to the best of medical science and get yourself to a good physician who will prescribe a good yogurt and herb enema three times a day. That will put you right.

Dr. Bonasentio.

Dear Dr. Bonasentio,

I just got out of prison serving a 2 year sentence for auto theft. I had been stealing cars for years before that on behalf of an organized crime syndicate in Avantine called the Guristas. They are colloquially known in our country as the “Mob” and engage in a wide array of racketeering operations. You may have heard of them. First it started as a way to pay off some debts. But after I did that, I found it hard to give up the income. Stupid, I know. I want to avoid working for the Mob again. I want to make clean money. I have skills as an auto mechanic and am great with cars. Problem is, it’s hard to get a job here with a criminal record. Employers think I might just be there to help the Mob steal from them. How can I prove that I’m going straight and not working for those thugs anymore?

Sincerely,
Reformed Carjacker

Dear Reformed,

I advise you to consider another route: sales agent for 100% Pure Beef! Sales Agents for 100% Pure Beef is looking for strongly self motivated individuals who are able to present information in an exciting manner, willing to travel and are good with people! After 8 months, full benefit package including travel and dental. Try 100% Pure Beef and start your new adventure!

Dr. Bonasentio

Novitera
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Novitera » Thu May 28, 2020 6:53 pm

GALLOWS STREET JOURNAL

Font Court Battle Continues

In one of the most observed court battles ongoing, two Noviteran technology companies wage a legal war over a type font. Since writing on a computer existed, Wiyrkomi Corporation's "Cornellian Universal" has been an available type font on their document writing software, W Docs. Last year, Zenchi Tech Company released "Neo-Basic" on their free web browser accessed writing platform, Zenchi Writer. Almost immediately Wiyrkomi filed suit claiming that Neo-Basic's similarity to Corneillan Universal infringes on their intellectual property rights. Costs are mounting as both sides have spent an astounding 11 million UFD in litigation expenses with no resolution in sight. Over a dozen hired calligraphy experts from all over the Region testified in a two week long trial that ruled in favor of Zenchi. Wiyrkomi intends to appeal.

Arlan Group attorney for Zenchi, Kenneth Sorely, had this to say. "I don't understand. Neo-Basic font is clearly different from Cornellian Universal. Anyone who isn't blind would know that. They don't look the same at all! This is a shakedown of my Client and we won't have it! Wiyrkomi should have picked an easier target because we are not going to give in to these bully tactics!

Tristan Yasuoka of Rochfort-Senzo and lead attorney for Wiyrkomi had this to say. "Our client has zero tolerance for theft of its intellectual property. Cornellian Universal is proprietary Wiyrkomi type font. Neo-Basic is nothing but a cheap knock-off. The entire Region would do well to be rid of it! We will take this all the way to the Noviteran Supreme Court if we have to. But I promise this does not end there. We intend to file suit in every CTO member-state to enjoin Zenchi from deploying Neo-Basic."

It appears the dispute between the two tech companies have taken to the streets as well. Yesterday, 3 Wiyrkomi employees were arrested for assaulting a Zenchi employee outside of a nightclub. More on page 7....
Last edited by Novitera on Thu May 28, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents