NATION

PASSWORD

Right-Wing Discussion Thread XVIII: Hyena Central Command 憶ラ

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

After trial and conviction, what should be done with serial sexual abusers?

1. Death penalty
42%
2. Life in prison but in gen pop
23%
3. 7 Day ban for choosing any of the two above
16%
4. Life in prison but in protective custody
18%

Total votes : 132

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:50 am

Kowani wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:
Gunsmiths would exist, yes, although perhaps the firearms of 2525 would be a tad... simpler than what we have nowadays. A "blast from the past" if you will. At most, I can see WWI and (maybe) WWII era firearms as (relatively, mind you) common among "civilized" factions.

How’ve complete was this collapse?

Pretty bad, at least initially. The various systems keeping our current civilization afloat failed circa 2050. After a brief but awful period of social chaos where many folks died and a "war of all against all", things stabilized back at "square one" so to speak. However, as of 2525 things have largely re-built (hence why the setting is "post-post-apocalyptic" instead of "post-apocalyptic"), with technology on the North American continent being roughly akin to the early-1700s overall. Some factions, such as the Greater Pennsylvanian Hive and the Democratic People's Republic of California, have technology more akin to the late-1800s, whereas other factions such as the Imperium of Tejas are on par with the mid-1400s. And, of course, plenty of anachronisms abound.

Or at least that's how it is as of rn. What do y'all think?
I may return for somewhat longer than I was initially expecting. Why am I here? No idea whatsoever. I really ought to find some way out of this place.

Also, the NS stats don't reflect my RL views, just to clarify.

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:55 am

Dogmeat wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:
Gunsmiths would exist, yes, although perhaps the firearms of 2525 would be a tad... simpler than what we have nowadays. A "blast from the past" if you will. At most, I can see WWI and (maybe) WWII era firearms as (relatively, mind you) common among "civilized" factions.

Tbh 500 years is too long to make any kind of prediction. But the most absurd prediction is believe that civilization would be able to remain relatively static for 500 years.

Somebody would be building something that is better than what we have now.

M8, this setting isn't meant to be serious. It's basically the worldbuilding equivalent of a shitpost.
I may return for somewhat longer than I was initially expecting. Why am I here? No idea whatsoever. I really ought to find some way out of this place.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:05 am

Y'all remember a while back about when Xuloqoia posted the meme about preferred Aesthetics? Really, it was his coup de bruh. Anyways, I just got done playing the Red Flood mod on HOI4 and I realized that the French focus tree could lead to literally almost every single one of those ascethics.

You wanna big brother homo-erotic god king? France has got a focus for that

You wanna Larp as a celt in the iron age while fighting modern military's by using sharp sticks and human wave attacks? France has a focus for that.

You wanna turn an entire country into las vegas? France has a focus for that.

You wanna be a legit, no kidding, actual cave man? France has a focus for that.

You want the University of California ( Berkeley ) to be it's own country? France has a focus for that.

Literally, every, single, aesthetic, imaginable.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:07 am

Xuloqoia wrote:
Kowani wrote:How’ve complete was this collapse?

Pretty bad, at least initially. The various systems keeping our current civilization afloat failed circa 2050. After a brief but awful period of social chaos where many folks died and a "war of all against all", things stabilized back at "square one" so to speak. However, as of 2525 things have largely re-built (hence why the setting is "post-post-apocalyptic" instead of "post-apocalyptic"), with technology on the North American continent being roughly akin to the early-1700s overall. Some factions, such as the Greater Pennsylvanian Hive and the Democratic People's Republic of California, have technology more akin to the late-1800s, whereas other factions such as the Imperium of Tejas are on par with the mid-1400s. And, of course, plenty of anachronisms abound.

I know Dio is one of the inspirations here, but who are all the others?

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:26 am

Joohan wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:

• Greater Pennsylvanian Hive: Me, with occasional touches of Bien. Sinister totalitarian undertones and zealously expansionist, but affable and polite about all of it. Basically the "Harmonious Collective" AI personality from Stellaris, or perhaps the Tau Empire from 40k. Tragically misguided faux-noblebright. Controls the Mid-Atlantic and Great Lakes.
  • Democratic People's Republic of California: Kowani. Cliched "dirty communists" straight out of Cold War propaganda. Really, you can guess what this faction is all about by the name alone. Controls much of the West Coast (including the Canadian parts), save for Baja California (which is a puppet regime loyal to Tejas).
  • Militant Orders of the Mississippi: Lumi. Catholics who fight for great justice. Basically warrior monks/nuns that go on quests and such. Lawful Good. Originate in Louisiana, but operate all along the Mississippi.
  • Anarcho-Tsarist Communes: UMN. Anarcho-primitivist semi-pacifists (self-defense only) with vaguely Eastern Orthodox characteristics. Tolstoy would be proud. Shun machinery and industrialization as they believe it to lead to moral corruption. Very communitarian, but wary of outsiders. Have no defined territory, but tend to be in the midwest and Appalachia.

To name a few. I'm busy today, so I can't name all of the factions at this time.

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:29 am

Xuloqoia wrote:
Joohan wrote:

• Greater Pennsylvanian Hive: Me, with occasional touches of Bien. Sinister totalitarian undertones and zealously expansionist, but affable and polite about all of it. Basically the "Harmonious Collective" AI personality from Stellaris, or perhaps the Tau Empire from 40k. Tragically misguided faux-noblebright. Controls the Mid-Atlantic and Great Lakes.
  • Democratic People's Republic of California: Kowani. Cliched "dirty communists" straight out of Cold War propaganda. Really, you can guess what this faction is all about by the name alone. Controls much of the West Coast (including the Canadian parts), save for Baja California (which is a puppet regime loyal to Tejas).
  • Militant Orders of the Mississippi: Lumi. Catholics who fight for great justice. Basically warrior monks/nuns that go on quests and such. Lawful Good. Originate in Louisiana, but operate all along the Mississippi.
  • Anarcho-Tsarist Communes: UMN. Anarcho-primitivist semi-pacifists (self-defense only) with vaguely Eastern Orthodox characteristics. Tolstoy would be proud. Shun machinery and industrialization as they believe it to lead to moral corruption. Very communitarian, but wary of outsiders. Have no defined territory, but tend to be in the midwest and Appalachia.

To name a few. I'm busy today, so I can't name all of the factions at this time.

Am I any of the factions, by chance?
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:31 am

Proctopeo wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:

Haven't made write-ups for everyone, yet. You're probably one of the warlords operating in the midwest. There's a lot of those. The border gore is so bad it makes the HRE look straightforward by comparison.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:31 am

Salus Maior wrote:Ulfric Stormcloak did nothing wrong.

Imagine worshiping a deified man god instead of the true elven gods.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:32 am

Hanafuridake wrote:

Just because you're currently playing a Thalmor sympathizer doesn't mean you have to do so here. It's a safe space here. :p

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:33 am

Xuloqoia wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:Am I any of the factions, by chance?

Haven't made write-ups for everyone, yet. You're probably one of the warlords operating in the midwest. There's a lot of those. The border gore is so bad it makes the HRE look straightforward by comparison.

Awesome.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

The Liberated Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:34 am

Hanafuridake wrote:

What do you have against Sigmar?
Left Wing Market Anarchism

Yes, I am back(ish)

North German Realm
Senator

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:39 am

Hanafuridake wrote:

Imagine being a man and worshiping elven """gods""" instead of the legit (word of god) most powerful immortal being in Mundus :/
Last edited by North German Realm on Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
North German Confederation
NationStates Flag Bracket II - 6th place!

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:40 am

I'm thinking of writing a few stories in the setting, tbqh. Center it around the Most Serene City-State of Neo-Chicago and surrounding regions, since it sits nicely between Hiver and Tejano spheres of influence. Neo-Chicago is a beacon of relatively-civilized stability amidst the turbulence of the midwest, after all.
Last edited by Xuloqoia on Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:41 am

Hanafuridake wrote:

Skyreem is for the Nords, bröther.
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Totally Not OEP
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Totally Not OEP » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:42 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Totally Not OEP wrote:Is Bane OEP or is OEP Bane?

OEP is Bane

All Hail
We shoot .223's
We'll take your life
We out with the gang
You know we gon' slide

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:03 am

Xuloqoia wrote:
Napkizemlja wrote:Biofuels and horses mi amigo. Would still posses access to firearms to boot.

Revolvers and break action shotguns with paper cartridges are actually pretty simple to make with even less tech- they don’t require much of an industrial base- and it’s perfectly possible to reload current ammunition with black powder(although the performance does suffer somewhat).
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:04 am

Proctopeo wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:

What about moi?
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:07 am

Diopolis wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:

Revolvers and break action shotguns with paper cartridges are actually pretty simple to make with even less tech- they don’t require much of an industrial base- and it’s perfectly possible to reload current ammunition with black powder(although the performance does suffer somewhat).

Really? Huh, that's actually fairly neat. Thanks for sharing the information.

Thermodolia wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:Am I any of the factions, by chance?

What about moi?

Hmm... do you want to be a warlord in the midwest/southeast?

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:11 am

Xuloqoia wrote:
Kowani wrote:How’ve complete was this collapse?

I’d make it so that even the low tech relatively civilized factions have access to much higher technology, at least in certain strongholds. Kind of akin to NK where most of the population is stuck at Victorian tech but there are strongholds with 50’s era tech and they have inconsistent access to more advanced stuff.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:12 am

Xuloqoia wrote:
Diopolis wrote:Revolvers and break action shotguns with paper cartridges are actually pretty simple to make with even less tech- they don’t require much of an industrial base- and it’s perfectly possible to reload current ammunition with black powder(although the performance does suffer somewhat).

Thermodolia wrote:What about moi?

Southeast please! The dominion of Atlanta will rule them all!! Or maybe just north georgia
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:15 am

Diopolis wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:

I’d make it so that even the low tech relatively civilized factions have access to much higher technology, at least in certain strongholds. Kind of akin to NK where most of the population is stuck at Victorian tech but there are strongholds with 50’s era tech and they have inconsistent access to more advanced stuff.

I mean, I did mention that there are plenty of anachronisms. The wealthier neighborhoods of Neo-Chitown, for example, have electric lighting and indoor plumbing and such, whereas the poorer neighborhoods wouldn't look particularly out of place in the High Middle Ages.

Thermodolia wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:

Southeast please! The dominion of Atlanta will rule them all!! Or maybe just north georgia

Kthx. I'll have something ready soon. However, I'm also reading my textbooks early, so "soon" might mean "sometime in the week". I dunno.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:24 am

Xuloqoia wrote:
Joohan wrote:

I call dibs on Nevada.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:33 am

Totally Not OEP wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:OEP is Bane

All Hail

Bane is Totally Not OEP

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:37 am

Xuloqoia wrote:
Diopolis wrote:Revolvers and break action shotguns with paper cartridges are actually pretty simple to make with even less tech- they don’t require much of an industrial base- and it’s perfectly possible to reload current ammunition with black powder(although the performance does suffer somewhat).

Yeah. They’re too expensive to mass produce without industrialization, but it’s perfectly possible for officers/commandos/wealthy private citizens to have access. I’d expect general warfare to look like late civil war era(flintlocks and minie balls are also not terribly difficult) with some anachronisms- elite units might have some slightly better weapons, but not regular line troops, and most battles are tens or hundreds of thousands of conscripts in a trench with casualties reaching five digits.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:40 am

Joohan wrote:
Totally Not OEP wrote:
All Hail

Bane is Totally Not OEP

Topkek.
Diopolis wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:

Yeah. They’re too expensive to mass produce without industrialization, but it’s perfectly possible for officers/commandos/wealthy private citizens to have access. I’d expect general warfare to look like late civil war era(flintlocks and minie balls are also not terribly difficult) with some anachronisms- elite units might have some slightly better weapons, but not regular line troops, and most battles are tens or hundreds of thousands of conscripts in a trench with casualties reaching five digits.

Hopefully we get left-handed weaponry this time.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General