NATION

PASSWORD

Negative Politics

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Satuga
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Satuga » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:18 am

Well there's NK or I guess places that are run by the Cartel. Because the Cartel is run by a bunch of sick sadistic fucks.
Alt-Acc: Kronotek.
Funny quotes:
Infected Mushroom wrote:I don’t like democracy. It’s messy, disorderly, unclean.

I much prefer uniforms, soldiers, clear lines of authority, order.
Tarsonis wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:Can the pair of you go do it in one of the myriad American politics threads?

(Image)

So help me I will throw your tea into the harbor again

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:51 am

Vivolkha wrote:North Korea still has some of the "benefits" of a communist system, including near universal literacy and a decent healthcare system for a country with such miserable resources.

This does not compensate, at all, for the many, many crimes against humanity committed in the country. It's just that we could, technically, be even worse. For example, add in Venezuelan-levels of violence and lawlessness, a collapsed economy, and Turkmenistan or Equatorial Guinea-levels of corruption.

their healthcare can't cure starvation
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:53 am

Torisakia wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Dude seriously where can you be living that is so bad you would rather be in Pyongyang? I live in Utica, a tiny little third world dump about a half hour North of Detroit, and despite the heroin addicts and degenerate scumbags that live within these city limits, I wouldn't trade this for North Korea or even worse Congo. I would rather live in Baltimore than live in North korea. I would rather die than live in North Korea

They don't call it "beautiful downtown Birmingham, AL" for nothing. Spend about 5 minutes here and you'll understand my viewpoint.

Pacomia wrote:Because everyone knows that the United States is an incredibly underdeveloped nation where the average person is starving and living in constant fear of death at the hand of war, totalitarian governments, or untreated disease.

Must just be my area then.

Birmingham can't be any worse than what we have in metro detroit. And it definitely isn't worse than North Korea or congo. You can still buy food in birmingham. The water (maybe?) Is clean enough to drink, and you won't be killed the minute you say "man the president sucks"
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Eitoan
Envoy

Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Eitoan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:54 am

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Woke ancapism where every slave worker is obliged to embody the company's progressive values 24/7 and gush about how liberatory the workplace is. In lieu of a lunch hour there's a daily rainbow parade of local gender, racial and sexual minorities who've "made it" going by on floats through the streets to compulsory cheering. Dissent isn't criminalised, but all communications are observed as a standard contract clause, with regular "two minute cancels" highlighting transgressors, who are then summarily fired, with no-one daring to associate with them for fear of being next. Absolute poverty exists among the unemployed, and is justified by the system on the grounds that it must reflect moral deficit and bad character.

You win the internet.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:02 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Torisakia wrote:They don't call it "beautiful downtown Birmingham, AL" for nothing. Spend about 5 minutes here and you'll understand my viewpoint.

Must just be my area then.

Birmingham can't be any worse than what we have in metro detroit. And it definitely isn't worse than North Korea or congo. You can still buy food in birmingham. The water (maybe?) Is clean enough to drink, and you won't be killed the minute you say "man the president sucks"

I don't know man the neighborhood around Cotton Avenue and Elmwood Cemetery is a pretty big free-for-all. But that lies more on city officials refusing to do anything about it. But the point I'm trying to make is that I would rather live anywhere but the US. People seem to believe that the US is such a power that it's impossible for it to have a downfall when it can and will happen.

And saying "The president sucks"? In Alabama? Yeah that never goes well.
Last edited by Torisakia on Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:11 am

Torisakia wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

I don't know man the neighborhood around Cotton Avenue and Elmwood Cemetery is a pretty big free-for-all. But that lies more on city officials refusing to do anything about it. But the point I'm trying to make is that I would rather live anywhere but the US. People seem to believe that the US is such a power that it's impossible for it to have a downfall when it can and will happen.

A man was brutally stabbed to death with a machete in a park I often frequent in downtown in broad daylight, and in the same park not even a month later, a man killed and mutilated his dog. Also we've had several people found dead in a coal pit and countless other violent crimes such as armed robberies, rapes, arsons and assaults take place in a town of only about 4000 people. And this still isn't as bad as the congo. And while criticizing trump in birmingham may get you unwelcome attemtion, you won't be sent to a gulag for it

Vivolkha
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vivolkha » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:19 am

What do you consider to be worse though? A country which doesn't have the money to broadly support its population even if it has the resources (Democratic Republic of Congo) or a country which does benefit from its resources but the benefits are kept to an elite while the population lives in misery (Equatorial Guinea)?
Exclusively OOC nation | Prominent stat player as Aryax | Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Commentary about WA resolutions is posted on a personal capacity, and does not represent the opinion of 10000 Islands.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:20 am

Vivolkha wrote:What do you consider to be worse though? A country which doesn't have the money to broadly support its population even if it has the resources (Democratic Republic of Congo) or a country which does benefit from its resources but the benefits are kept to an elite while the population lives in misery (Equatorial Guinea)?

The latter, because that is an act of evil and not just misfortune

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:23 am

In my view, the worst possible system is what I call post-property techno-capitalism and I think it's a real threat in our future. Now I'm sure others have contemplated this subject before me and perhaps have given it other names, but I want to make it clear that if that is the case, I thought of this myself and have not knowingly plagiarized anyone else's theory.

Here's what the coming dystopia looks like: All products become subscriptions. For a hypothetical example of this, I present to you the Smart Toaster.

You buy a toaster, but you haven't really bought it because it's not actually yours. You pay a monthly subscription to Evil Corp to have the toaster in your home. The toaster must always be connected to the internet, and is tied to your Evil Corp account, which you must have to use their products. In order to use the Smart Toaster, you must first scan a code on the packaging of the bread you bought. The bread is also sold by Evil Corp, and you will pay a surcharge for every slice you toast. If you use bread from another source, there will be an extra expensive charge for that. If your neighbor's toaster is broken and they ask to use yours, Evil Corp will know about it because the toaster can scan biometric data from those in its presence, and you will have violated the terms of service and will be charged even more.

But it gets worse. In post-property techno-capitalism, there is no cash. Every single transaction is conducted through a credit card or payment app, and everything you buy is tracked. What you've purchased at the grocery store is sent to your health insurance provider, who will raise your premiums if you bought unhealthy food items. And if you continue, you'll eventually be cut off from health care entirely.

99% will own absolutely nothing, making upward mobility impossible. Conversely, the ruling class will always stay on top because every conceivable human need must be purchased from them. Every aspect of your life will be micromanaged by the owners of the means of production, who will also be the government (or perhaps a traditional government still exists but they are nothing more than puppets). Everyone will be under surveillance all the time. School teachers (all schools will be charter schools) will have a second job: determining their pupil's usefulness as a future human resource. Parents will have their kids taken away if it is determined that they are failing to raise their kid to be an obedient worker.

Could this happen? Yes. Not overnight, of course. But piece by piece, policy by policy, one little change at a time over the course of a century, we might wind up there. People will accept tyranny as long as it is implemented incrementally and as long as kids grow up believing that it's normal.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:36 am

Page wrote:In my view, the worst possible system is what I call post-property techno-capitalism and I think it's a real threat in our future. Now I'm sure others have contemplated this subject before me and perhaps have given it other names, but I want to make it clear that if that is the case, I thought of this myself and have not knowingly plagiarized anyone else's theory.

Here's what the coming dystopia looks like: All products become subscriptions. For a hypothetical example of this, I present to you the Smart Toaster.

You buy a toaster, but you haven't really bought it because it's not actually yours. You pay a monthly subscription to Evil Corp to have the toaster in your home. The toaster must always be connected to the internet, and is tied to your Evil Corp account, which you must have to use their products. In order to use the Smart Toaster, you must first scan a code on the packaging of the bread you bought. The bread is also sold by Evil Corp, and you will pay a surcharge for every slice you toast. If you use bread from another source, there will be an extra expensive charge for that. If your neighbor's toaster is broken and they ask to use yours, Evil Corp will know about it because the toaster can scan biometric data from those in its presence, and you will have violated the terms of service and will be charged even more.

But it gets worse. In post-property techno-capitalism, there is no cash. Every single transaction is conducted through a credit card or payment app, and everything you buy is tracked. What you've purchased at the grocery store is sent to your health insurance provider, who will raise your premiums if you bought unhealthy food items. And if you continue, you'll eventually be cut off from health care entirely.

99% will own absolutely nothing, making upward mobility impossible. Conversely, the ruling class will always stay on top because every conceivable human need must be purchased from them. Every aspect of your life will be micromanaged by the owners of the means of production, who will also be the government (or perhaps a traditional government still exists but they are nothing more than puppets). Everyone will be under surveillance all the time. School teachers (all schools will be charter schools) will have a second job: determining their pupil's usefulness as a future human resource. Parents will have their kids taken away if it is determined that they are failing to raise their kid to be an obedient worker.

Could this happen? Yes. Not overnight, of course. But piece by piece, policy by policy, one little change at a time over the course of a century, we might wind up there. People will accept tyranny as long as it is implemented incrementally and as long as kids grow up believing that it's normal.

It's like communism and capitalism had a baby and the baby did drugs and joined the Florencia 13 gang. Jesus Christ that's horrifying

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:36 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Torisakia wrote:I don't know man the neighborhood around Cotton Avenue and Elmwood Cemetery is a pretty big free-for-all. But that lies more on city officials refusing to do anything about it. But the point I'm trying to make is that I would rather live anywhere but the US. People seem to believe that the US is such a power that it's impossible for it to have a downfall when it can and will happen.

A man was brutally stabbed to death with a machete in a park I often frequent in downtown in broad daylight, and in the same park not even a month later, a man killed and mutilated his dog. Also we've had several people found dead in a coal pit and countless other violent crimes such as armed robberies, rapes, arsons and assaults take place in a town of only about 4000 people. And this still isn't as bad as the congo. And while criticizing trump in birmingham may get you unwelcome attemtion, you won't be sent to a gulag for it

We'll just disagree to agree to disagree. That fine with you? Okay? Good.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Vivolkha
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vivolkha » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:38 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Vivolkha wrote:What do you consider to be worse though? A country which doesn't have the money to broadly support its population even if it has the resources (Democratic Republic of Congo) or a country which does benefit from its resources but the benefits are kept to an elite while the population lives in misery (Equatorial Guinea)?

The latter, because that is an act of evil and not just misfortune

My point, exactly. Add in here some totalitarian oppression and high levels of violence for good measure, and you've got the worst society I can imagine.
Page wrote:In my view, the worst possible system is what I call post-property techno-capitalism and I think it's a real threat in our future. Now I'm sure others have contemplated this subject before me and perhaps have given it other names, but I want to make it clear that if that is the case, I thought of this myself and have not knowingly plagiarized anyone else's theory.

I can also see this scenario, but I'd expect a high level of popular resistance in the face of government apathy. Even if it's implemented incrementally, at some point some people will eventually push back. I'm not saying that they will (or will not) be succesful though.

Side note, people are surprisingly willing to exchange their freedom for material gain (China, Hungary).
Exclusively OOC nation | Prominent stat player as Aryax | Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Commentary about WA resolutions is posted on a personal capacity, and does not represent the opinion of 10000 Islands.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:49 am

Torisakia wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

We'll just disagree to agree to disagree. That fine with you? Okay? Good.

Sure whatever

Nuroblav
Minister

Founded: Nov 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuroblav » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:35 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
everybody's running around trying to create the best possible political system, but none of them are perfect except primitivism. So I thought instead of creating the best possible political system that maximizes the most amount of happiness from the most amount of people, we can instead focus on a political system that does the exact opposite. A technically feasible system that would maximize human suffering, for the longest amount of time possible. That why I'm out to create a framework for the worst possible political system, negative politics if you will. We're gonna design a society and we're gonna call it hell, because that's what it's based off of.

-Jordan Ruiz Escobar Garcia

As a few people figured out, this was precisely the video I was watching :D
Your NS mutualist(?), individualist, metalhead and all-round...err...human. TG if you have any questions about my political or musical views.

Economic Left/Right: -4.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.03

\m/ METAL IS BASED \m/

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:38 am

Nuroblav wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
-Jordan Ruiz Escobar Garcia

As a few people figured out, this was precisely the video I was watching :D

The last time I realized a lot of people were into something I thought only I knew about was when I was buying beer and sang the song I got 5 on it, and two black guys inside the gas station joined in

United Federation of Orion
Secretary

Founded: Aug 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of Orion » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:44 pm

I think that the worst country possible would probably the one ruled completely by a criminal gang like the Mexican Cartels. Such kind of government would not only harass people into paying tribute without providing anything in return but would also leech off of and slowly kill the countries they rule like some sort of parasite. The people would be destitute, the government would hook people on addictive drugs, kill people with impunity, enslave women and force to perform sex work, murder people to sell their organs on the black market. This sort of government would not only be a nightmare for a common person but would also mean economic collapse as no sane business or government would feel that it is safe enough to invest in.
The United Federation of Orion is an interstellar socialist federal republic encompassing most of human colonies as well as the homeworlds of several alien species. Current Year: 3221 AD

Pro: Democratic Federalism, Secularism, Internationalism, National Self-Determination, LGBT+ Rights, Environmentalism, Libertarian Socialism, Legalization of Cannabis, Black Lives Matter, Rojava.

Neutral: Constitutional Monarchies, Israel.

Against: Racial/Gender/LGBT+ Discrimination, Religious Fundamentalism, State Atheism, Right-Wing Politics, Imperialism/Neo-Colonialism.

Copy and paste this into your sig if you think we should colonize other planets

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:05 pm

I honestly don't know. Probably some sort of Frankenstein's monster of the worst parts of the northern Korean provinces, China, and the United States, in as little words as possible.

If you asked me that ten years ago, then my answer would have been obvious: the United States of America, and then I'd have left the thread, never to be seen again. And in some ways, I do think that there are elements which do feel like they are extracting the most misery. But as I've matured, there are things of other countries, like the DPRK, the country I used to stan, which are very abhorrent, and China, which has a shitty human rights record, even if they have a great foreign policy.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:22 pm

In my system, in 12th grade the children are given a very special final exam, and we call it saw, because that's what it's based off of

The smart ones will probably survive

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:28 pm

The worst system would be the world run by Nazi Germany. There would be no rights or freedoms whatsoever and Germans would actually be considered superior to the rest of the world.
Last edited by Geneviev on Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:30 pm

Geneviev wrote:The worst system would be the world run by Nazi Germany. There would be no rights or freedoms whatsoever and Germans would actually be considered superior to the rest of the world.

A world run by Stalin would be worse

Country of CityTowne
Attaché

Founded: Mar 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Country of CityTowne » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:33 pm

Geneviev wrote:The worst system would be the world run by Nazi Germany. There would be no rights or freedoms whatsoever and Germans would actually be considered superior to the rest of the world.

Nazi Germany except also equal rights. Everybody is treated like shit.
An effectively neutral person founded on effectively neutral philosophy. OOC
Tier 8, Level 0, Type 6. CCT is a 10.5 civilization, according to this index.
Economic Left/Right: 6.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.82
Economic Left/Right: 1.2
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.45

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:34 pm

Country of CityTowne wrote:

So stalin...

...or maybe pol pot

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:37 pm

That would be the end of humanity, so yes.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Outer Sparta
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:20 pm

That's definitely not a good mix for obvious reasons.
Free Palestine, stop the genocide in Gaza

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General