NATION

PASSWORD

World Grand Prix Organization: OOC Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Hapilopper
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 356
Founded: Apr 30, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hapilopper » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:54 pm

So, for RP purposes, will WGPC2 run concurrently at all with WGPC, even late in the season?
Hapilopper: The home of TEAM BLUE and the winner of the 70th Baptism of Fire!
NSSCRA drivers: #8 - Frank Bronson | #73 - Taylor Henderson | #81 - Chris Holmes
WGPC driver: #81 - Drake Stevenson
Made with pride in Atlantian Oceania.

User avatar
Eastfield Lodge
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9777
Founded: May 23, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eastfield Lodge » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:36 am

Hapilopper wrote:So, for RP purposes, will WGPC2 run concurrently at all with WGPC, even late in the season?

It varies. Some people have them running concurrently, some independently.
Economic Left/Right: -5.01 (formerly -5.88)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31 (formerly 2.36)
ISideWith UK
My motto translates to: "All Eat Fish and Chips!"
First person to post the 10,000th reply to a thread on these forums.
International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
info to be added
stuff to be added
This nation partially represents my political, social and economic views.

User avatar
Audioslavia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 2599
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Audioslavia » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:40 am

Aye in-character time is pretty fluid. If you want to imagine it happens at the same time as WGPC17 and hand-wave anyone else's references to WGPC17 happening last season, or vice versa, it's all fine.

User avatar
Al-Khalifiya
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 64
Founded: Jul 07, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Al-Khalifiya » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:13 pm

No WGPC? Just WGP2?

User avatar
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1672
Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:38 am

Al-Khalifiya wrote:No WGPC? Just WGP2?

The WGPC will be run at some point after the WGP2; that said, if you're looking to get into things for the first time, the WGP2 is probably the way to go! It's the less intense of the two competitively and people are actively looking to foster new roleplayers there. If you like what you see, then you'll also have the perfect springboard to go into the WGPC afterwards!
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

ADD THE ECONOMIC FREEDOM STAT TO OUR HOMEPAGES. DISCUSS RIGHT HERE

User avatar
Aboveland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1125
Founded: Dec 04, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aboveland » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:18 pm

In true insufferable fashion I'd like to suggest a small revision to the hosting guidelines set by Nimbus, less than an hour before the fifth where I live :)

Could we maybe relax the pre-season weekly word allowance? Upping the limit to 2,000 or more words per pre-season week could benefit players who must roleplay multiple entities and all of the backstories or background those entities would need to properly "exist" in an RP space. Limiting to 1,000 words is fine once characters, companies and teams are established during the season, but I think the initial "presentation" phase could benefit from a slightly more lax limit.
PROTECTORATES: New Emberton, Nykipiflugpuu


Home to WGPC14 champion and WGPC15, 16 second runner-up Terho Talvela

User avatar
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1672
Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:57 am

Aboveland wrote:In true insufferable fashion I'd like to suggest a small revision to the hosting guidelines set by Nimbus, less than an hour before the fifth where I live :)

Could we maybe relax the pre-season weekly word allowance? Upping the limit to 2,000 or more words per pre-season week could benefit players who must roleplay multiple entities and all of the backstories or background those entities would need to properly "exist" in an RP space. Limiting to 1,000 words is fine once characters, companies and teams are established during the season, but I think the initial "presentation" phase could benefit from a slightly more lax limit.

Ah, no worries! No reason to not say something if you have something worth saying, regardless of when you say it.

I do see your point - part of the reason that WGP events are enjoyable is because they feel vibrant, interconnected and real and there does need to be space for development to do that. That said, the pre-season is the time at which newer RPers are just getting into things, which means that larger, more intimidating posts need to be kept at a minimum; the pre-season is thus the time at which a word limit is most needed. I'll keep this in mind - if we find that people are actively struggling to do deals between drivers, teams and tyre suppliers because they don't have enough words to do them in, I might decide to either raise the word count or add another week to the pre-season - but for now, I think it's probably best to keep it as is. Think of it as a challenge; we all could probably stand to make our posts punchier and more efficient to some degree, so let's see whether we can do the same development in a smaller space!
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

ADD THE ECONOMIC FREEDOM STAT TO OUR HOMEPAGES. DISCUSS RIGHT HERE

User avatar
Liventia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6221
Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liventia » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:50 pm

Al-Khalifiya wrote:Word limit? I doubt anybody will write really long posts. Surely it’s quite relaxed and low key.

You doubt wrongly, pal…

User avatar
The Sherpa Empire
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1952
Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:21 pm

Al-Khalifiya wrote:Word limit? I doubt anybody will write really long posts. Surely it’s quite relaxed and low key.


Motorsports threads get some of the longest RPs in NS Sports.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.

User avatar
Strike
Attaché
 
Posts: 70
Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Strike » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:30 pm


User avatar
Recuecn
Diplomat
 
Posts: 570
Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Recuecn » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:52 pm

Al-Khalifiya wrote:How much could there be to write about? I’m so confuzzled. :lol:

I bet I could win.


Try skimming through the threads for some of the previous seasons, there's quite a bit. Three events every week, constructors, drivers, now tires...

Here's the link to season 16 of the first tier, the first link I found:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=434434

And for the second tier competition that season, which is what we're discussing:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=447418
rəswɛsən

User avatar
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1672
Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:09 pm

Recuecn wrote:
Al-Khalifiya wrote:How much could there be to write about? I’m so confuzzled. :lol:

I bet I could win.


Try skimming through the threads for some of the previous seasons, there's quite a bit. Three events every week, constructors, drivers, now tires...

Here's the link to season 16 of the first tier, the first link I found:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=434434

And for the second tier competition that season, which is what we're discussing:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=447418

That isn't to say that you couldn't win on your first attempt, though; in fact, I myself am an example of just that (though in the WGPC, not the WGP2)! Put in consistent and consistently well-written RPs and you've got a great chance.

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:
Aboveland wrote:In true insufferable fashion I'd like to suggest a small revision to the hosting guidelines set by Nimbus, less than an hour before the fifth where I live :)

Could we maybe relax the pre-season weekly word allowance? Upping the limit to 2,000 or more words per pre-season week could benefit players who must roleplay multiple entities and all of the backstories or background those entities would need to properly "exist" in an RP space. Limiting to 1,000 words is fine once characters, companies and teams are established during the season, but I think the initial "presentation" phase could benefit from a slightly more lax limit.

Ah, no worries! No reason to not say something if you have something worth saying, regardless of when you say it.

I do see your point - part of the reason that WGP events are enjoyable is because they feel vibrant, interconnected and real and there does need to be space for development to do that. That said, the pre-season is the time at which newer RPers are just getting into things, which means that larger, more intimidating posts need to be kept at a minimum; the pre-season is thus the time at which a word limit is most needed. I'll keep this in mind - if we find that people are actively struggling to do deals between drivers, teams and tyre suppliers because they don't have enough words to do them in, I might decide to either raise the word count or add another week to the pre-season - but for now, I think it's probably best to keep it as is. Think of it as a challenge; we all could probably stand to make our posts punchier and more efficient to some degree, so let's see whether we can do the same development in a smaller space!

Actually, meant to put it in the bid but completely forgot, there is one thing that I think overrides this prerogative - circuit introduction posts. I'm not going to force people to rewrite the posts that they've been adding to and editing for countless seasons and it's helpful for everyone's RPing to have as much information on circuits as possible. Let me put that in.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

ADD THE ECONOMIC FREEDOM STAT TO OUR HOMEPAGES. DISCUSS RIGHT HERE

User avatar
Recuecn
Diplomat
 
Posts: 570
Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Recuecn » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:47 am

Al-Khalifiya wrote:But with so many drivers, surely there are no stars.


Actually, despite the extent of my participation being a single failed test drive last season, I can still rattle off a list of WGP names: Franssen, Ryker, Iben, Stevenson, Terho... I can't even do the same for the world cup despite being much more involved in it. I think it's because most writers have one character to really work on here, instead of a whole soccer team or something--the personality can really shine. A field of 28 drivers is probably a lot more characters than most non-sports rp, but less than any sort of team sport (ok, I know this is technically a team sport, but let's be real...)

All that to say, there are definitely stars and plenty of glory to be had. You should give it a shot!
Last edited by Recuecn on Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
rəswɛsən

User avatar
Audioslavia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 2599
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Audioslavia » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:55 am

Here we go then.

If you participated in WGPC17 you may now vote on the host of WGP2. If you did not participate in WGPC17 then you do not get a vote.

Your options are:

  • Nimbus's bid.
  • Restart the bidding process.

Send your vote to Audioslavia either via telegram or via PM on NS Sport Discord

Deadline for voting is 23:59 UTC on Sunday the 13th of January.

User avatar
Somehow Related to Rarity
Attaché
 
Posts: 71
Founded: Dec 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Somehow Related to Rarity » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:49 am

Hi! I came across this thread while skimming through the forums, and I decided to like say hi.
So I decided to apply a driver for this thang when the sign-ups arrive, but I have a question. Are non-humans allow to enter?
I was thinking of an anthropomorphic pony as the driver(I mean, my country is based on My Little Pony anyways). Like, the hooves will just work like 'human hands'. The driver will still be able to drive like a normal human though.
Also, are there any tips you recommend for RPs?
Last edited by Somehow Related to Rarity on Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Link to my signatures(it crossed the word limit): Numero Uno, Di Er Ge
Only legends can out pizza the hut.
ICly, call me Strayquestria and the Wolflands.
Yep, that's Dahyun.
Successor nation(from 3/5/20 onwards)> Twicetagram and JYPE

User avatar
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1672
Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:15 am

Somehow Related to Rarity wrote:Hi! I came across this thread while skimming through the forums, and I decided to like say hi.
So I decided to apply a driver for this thang when the sign-ups arrive, but I have a question. Are non-humans allow to enter?
I was thinking of an anthropomorphic pony as the driver(I mean, my country is based on My Little Pony anyways). Like, the hooves will just work like 'human hands'. The driver will still be able to drive like a normal human though.
Also, are there any tips you recommend for RPs?

In regards to the first - of course! As I understand it, a typical rule across NS Sports is that beings of all species are allowed to compete and none have any competitive advantage as a result. The same is true here; the WGPO is an equal-opportunity racing organisation!

As for the latter... Well, there's a minefield. There are any number of books, courses, videos and websites offering writing advice, much of which will apply here. What I will say: write about what you're interested in, whether that be intra-team dynamics, the politics of international motorsport or the racing itself, in the style that you think suits it and your own sensibilities best. If you're compelled by your own writing, it's that much easier to make it compelling for everyone else!
Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

ADD THE ECONOMIC FREEDOM STAT TO OUR HOMEPAGES. DISCUSS RIGHT HERE

User avatar
Somehow Related to Rarity
Attaché
 
Posts: 71
Founded: Dec 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Somehow Related to Rarity » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:58 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:In regards to the first - of course! As I understand it, a typical rule across NS Sports is that beings of all species are allowed to compete and none have any competitive advantage as a result. The same is true here; the WGPO is an equal-opportunity racing organisation!

As for the latter... Well, there's a minefield. There are any number of books, courses, videos and websites offering writing advice, much of which will apply here. What I will say: write about what you're interested in, whether that be intra-team dynamics, the politics of international motorsport or the racing itself, in the style that you think suits it and your own sensibilities best. If you're compelled by your own writing, it's that much easier to make it compelling for everyone else!

Okay sure. Thanks!
Just 2 more questions. Is it advisable for a first-time RPer to enter a team, cause I want a team that is based in my country to compete, but I think it'll be too much to handle since I just joined.
Also, even if my team makes it, can both drivers be from my country?
Link to my signatures(it crossed the word limit): Numero Uno, Di Er Ge
Only legends can out pizza the hut.
ICly, call me Strayquestria and the Wolflands.
Yep, that's Dahyun.
Successor nation(from 3/5/20 onwards)> Twicetagram and JYPE

User avatar
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1672
Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:41 pm

Somehow Related to Rarity wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:In regards to the first - of course! As I understand it, a typical rule across NS Sports is that beings of all species are allowed to compete and none have any competitive advantage as a result. The same is true here; the WGPO is an equal-opportunity racing organisation!

As for the latter... Well, there's a minefield. There are any number of books, courses, videos and websites offering writing advice, much of which will apply here. What I will say: write about what you're interested in, whether that be intra-team dynamics, the politics of international motorsport or the racing itself, in the style that you think suits it and your own sensibilities best. If you're compelled by your own writing, it's that much easier to make it compelling for everyone else!

Okay sure. Thanks!
Just 2 more questions. Is it advisable for a first-time RPer to enter a team, cause I want a team that is based in my country to compete, but I think it'll be too much to handle since I just joined.
Also, even if my team makes it, can both drivers be from my country?

You're more than welcome; happy to help!

Having only just joined isn't necessarily problematic for running a team; I'm living proof of this, having entered one in my first WGPC season. If you can write a good enough profile to get in, you'll likely be a good enough writer to maintain a good enough standard across the season; moreover, I'd say that it's probably easier this season than ever to run a new team, given the word limit. If you still aren't sure whether you can, though, don't worry - you can still have a very enjoyable season just by roleplaying a driver!

If you do decide to submit a team, you are perfectly within your rights to field two of your own drivers; that rule only applies to veteran players, so as to secure open spots for newcomers' drivers without teams of their own. That said, while it might be a good idea to roleplay one driver in your team yourself, I do think you'd be missing out to have both. It'd give you a touch more control and stability, sure, but you'd lose a wonderful opportunity for collaborative roleplay in the process; if you kept a driver slot open you could also look to bring in a more experienced roleplayer who might be able to help get things off the ground. Your choice, in the end, but my own advice is to invite someone else along for the ride!
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

ADD THE ECONOMIC FREEDOM STAT TO OUR HOMEPAGES. DISCUSS RIGHT HERE

User avatar
The Sherpa Empire
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1952
Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:33 pm

Al-Khalifiya wrote:I declare Terho Talvela and Jessica Fransson as my drivers. Calling dibs, no backsies.


That's not how it works.

If you want to sign a driver to a team, both the team and the driver have to confirm it.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.

User avatar
Somehow Related to Rarity
Attaché
 
Posts: 71
Founded: Dec 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Somehow Related to Rarity » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:41 am

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Having only just joined isn't necessarily problematic for running a team; I'm living proof of this, having entered one in my first WGPC season. If you can write a good enough profile to get in, you'll likely be a good enough writer to maintain a good enough standard across the season; moreover, I'd say that it's probably easier this season than ever to run a new team, given the word limit. If you still aren't sure whether you can, though, don't worry - you can still have a very enjoyable season just by roleplaying a driver!

If you do decide to submit a team, you are perfectly within your rights to field two of your own drivers; that rule only applies to veteran players, so as to secure open spots for newcomers' drivers without teams of their own. That said, while it might be a good idea to roleplay one driver in your team yourself, I do think you'd be missing out to have both. It'd give you a touch more control and stability, sure, but you'd lose a wonderful opportunity for collaborative roleplay in the process; if you kept a driver slot open you could also look to bring in a more experienced roleplayer who might be able to help get things off the ground. Your choice, in the end, but my own advice is to invite someone else along for the ride!

OK noted.
Concerning the word count, I'm worried that I may write too much. I ALWAYS have so much to write about and I think 1000 words may not be enough in extreme cases where I just blurt out whatever's on my mind.
Also(I think I overuse the word 'also'), can two nations like collaborate to create a team, because controlling a team on my own seems too overwhelming.
Last edited by Somehow Related to Rarity on Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Link to my signatures(it crossed the word limit): Numero Uno, Di Er Ge
Only legends can out pizza the hut.
ICly, call me Strayquestria and the Wolflands.
Yep, that's Dahyun.
Successor nation(from 3/5/20 onwards)> Twicetagram and JYPE

User avatar
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1672
Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:59 am

Somehow Related to Rarity wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Having only just joined isn't necessarily problematic for running a team; I'm living proof of this, having entered one in my first WGPC season. If you can write a good enough profile to get in, you'll likely be a good enough writer to maintain a good enough standard across the season; moreover, I'd say that it's probably easier this season than ever to run a new team, given the word limit. If you still aren't sure whether you can, though, don't worry - you can still have a very enjoyable season just by roleplaying a driver!

If you do decide to submit a team, you are perfectly within your rights to field two of your own drivers; that rule only applies to veteran players, so as to secure open spots for newcomers' drivers without teams of their own. That said, while it might be a good idea to roleplay one driver in your team yourself, I do think you'd be missing out to have both. It'd give you a touch more control and stability, sure, but you'd lose a wonderful opportunity for collaborative roleplay in the process; if you kept a driver slot open you could also look to bring in a more experienced roleplayer who might be able to help get things off the ground. Your choice, in the end, but my own advice is to invite someone else along for the ride!

OK noted.
Concerning the word count, I'm worried that I may write too much. I ALWAYS have so much to write about and I think 1000 words may not be enough in extreme cases where I just blurt out whatever's on my mind.
Also(I think I overuse the word 'also'), can two nations like collaborate to create a team, because controlling a team on my own seems too overwhelming.

As I've said to Aboveland, consider it a challenge! I can empathise with you; I share that tendency to overwrite sometimes and, frankly, I suspect that some thing to keep it in check might be helpful to focus my RPing.

Two nations can indeed collaborate to run a team; Aboveland and Vilita did just that last season and won both Championships! For reasons of competitive balance, only one person's RP bonus (the hidden statistical boost you get for roleplaying well) will be counted for the team; if you each field one driver within that team, though, each of them can get the RP bonus from one of you. The real advantages you get are having built-in opportunities for collaboration, which tends to make your writing more enjoyable, and allowing you each to cover the things about your team that you each want to, which does the same. To sum: if you can find someone else willing to do so with you, I'd encourage it!
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

ADD THE ECONOMIC FREEDOM STAT TO OUR HOMEPAGES. DISCUSS RIGHT HERE

User avatar
Somehow Related to Rarity
Attaché
 
Posts: 71
Founded: Dec 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Somehow Related to Rarity » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:05 am

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Two nations can indeed collaborate to run a team; Aboveland and Vilita did just that last season and won both Championships! For reasons of competitive balance, only one person's RP bonus (the hidden statistical boost you get for roleplaying well) will be counted for the team; if you each field one driver within that team, though, each of them can get the RP bonus from one of you. The real advantages you get are having built-in opportunities for collaboration, which tends to make your writing more enjoyable, and allowing you each to cover the things about your team that you each want to, which does the same. To sum: if you can find someone else willing to do so with you, I'd encourage it!

In that case, is anyone willing to collab with me? I need a mentor ;-;.
Link to my signatures(it crossed the word limit): Numero Uno, Di Er Ge
Only legends can out pizza the hut.
ICly, call me Strayquestria and the Wolflands.
Yep, that's Dahyun.
Successor nation(from 3/5/20 onwards)> Twicetagram and JYPE

User avatar
Mattijana
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1551
Founded: Jan 03, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Mattijana » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:13 pm

Somehow Related to Rarity wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Two nations can indeed collaborate to run a team; Aboveland and Vilita did just that last season and won both Championships! For reasons of competitive balance, only one person's RP bonus (the hidden statistical boost you get for roleplaying well) will be counted for the team; if you each field one driver within that team, though, each of them can get the RP bonus from one of you. The real advantages you get are having built-in opportunities for collaboration, which tends to make your writing more enjoyable, and allowing you each to cover the things about your team that you each want to, which does the same. To sum: if you can find someone else willing to do so with you, I'd encourage it!

In that case, is anyone willing to collab with me? I need a mentor ;-;.


Because of various IC commitments, I won't be taking such a big role in WGP2 as previously, so someone to share a team with would be useful, so the offer's there. I'll be back in full capacity for the big one though.
The socialist republic of Mattijana:
As if Austria, Slovenia, North-Eastern Europe and Sweden were merged together into some weird stew of a country.
through resilience, we are strong!

User avatar
Somehow Related to Rarity
Attaché
 
Posts: 71
Founded: Dec 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Somehow Related to Rarity » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:30 pm

Mattijana wrote:Because of various IC commitments, I won't be taking such a big role in WGP2 as previously, so someone to share a team with would be useful, so the offer's there. I'll be back in full capacity for the big one though.

That sounds good. I'll consider it(I have another offer now).
Link to my signatures(it crossed the word limit): Numero Uno, Di Er Ge
Only legends can out pizza the hut.
ICly, call me Strayquestria and the Wolflands.
Yep, that's Dahyun.
Successor nation(from 3/5/20 onwards)> Twicetagram and JYPE

User avatar
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1672
Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:58 pm

With the end of the voting coming up, I'd like to thank everyone who did so, regardless of whether you thought my bid was worthy of the WGP2 or not. It's all of you who've made the last three years of roleplaying here as fulfilling as they have been and, should I be hosting the coming championships, I'll do my utmost to live up to everything that you've all invested into this series. Thank you so, so much.
Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

ADD THE ECONOMIC FREEDOM STAT TO OUR HOMEPAGES. DISCUSS RIGHT HERE

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: North Quadana, Savojarna

Advertisement

Remove ads