NATION

PASSWORD

All Quiet on the Front- OOC- Dead

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:23 am

Greater Redosia wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:How aware of the other nations would these different new powers be?

I'm not a mod, but from what I can more than likely guess it depends on distance. Say if you were the Netherlands or some sort of state based in it, you would definitely know about England, the Rhineland, possibly the German Empire, Italy, France and Switzerland. You'd most likely never know what would be happening in Asia or the Americas. While for me, I know all of my neighbors around me, that being California, Texas, and my southern Mexican neighbor. Really, it's mostly distance wise that stops the knowledge so you can more or less easily self manage the knowledge of which states you know.

Do you think the East and West coast could make limited contact?
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Greater Redosia
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:13 am

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:
Greater Redosia wrote:
I'm not a mod, but from what I can more than likely guess it depends on distance. Say if you were the Netherlands or some sort of state based in it, you would definitely know about England, the Rhineland, possibly the German Empire, Italy, France and Switzerland. You'd most likely never know what would be happening in Asia or the Americas. While for me, I know all of my neighbors around me, that being California, Texas, and my southern Mexican neighbor. Really, it's mostly distance wise that stops the knowledge so you can more or less easily self manage the knowledge of which states you know.

Do you think the East and West coast could make limited contact?

Tilts hand back and forth ehhhhhh?
Member of the Cobalt Network
Want to join? Click here!

RPs I'm currently in:

The Surge Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Surge Empire » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:32 pm

Putting my Wip of an App down

Generic Info
Nation Name: Kingdom of España
Symbols:

Population: 2.8 Million
Capital City: Santiago de Compostela

Government Info
Government Type: The Kingdom of España is a Federal Parliamentary Monarchy.
Brief Explanation of Government: The Kingdom has a executive Brach with the king being the head of it. However, while the King has ultimate power over the kingdom, his power is checked by two things, The Cortes and the Roman Catholic Church. The Cortes is Unicameral and is made up of 11 provinces (La Coruna, Pontevedra, Lugo, Orense, Asturias, Leon, Zamora, Valladolid, Palencia, Cantabria, Burgos) These give the people a needed voice and puts a check on the King and fulfills the Fueros element of Carlist Ideology as well as the Patria's nesting of communities school of thought. The Church also provided a check on the King, For the King must fulfill the concept of Rey, and stay within the bounds of the Kingdoms Laws and the Church's Doctrine, as well as be the defender of the poor and the protector of justice. and if he does not, the church can remove their approval of the king, and popular support would likely drop significantly if this were to happen.
Ideology: Carlism (Traditionalist, Authoritarian, Catholic, Patriotic)
Leader/s: King Alfonso Carlos
Relations Trade: Most international Trade is done by private companies, as few nations have offered the Carlists a Trade deal, least of all, the English whose populace seem to hold a racial disrespect to the Spanish people.
Military Alliances: there are none.
Rivals: The Carlist Kingdom hold a rivalry with majority of the warlords in Spain.
Population Info
Brief Description of your People:Catholic, Carlist supporting Spaniards
Brief Description of your Culture:Religious, Patriotic People

Military Info
Army:
The Carlist National guard is the semi-official army of the nation made up of largely infantry, well-trained and coming out at around 80,000 in service. the main weaponry they use are the 'Ruby' 15 as the handgun of choice and the Spanish Model 1916 short rifle as the rifle of choice though their is a medium sized stockpile of far-older Spanish Model 1895 carbine, though domestic production is working to phase the 1895 out. if machine weaponry is seen/used, which is quite rare, it would likely be a Spanish Knockoff of the Hotchkiss mod. 1903. A small percentage (10%) of this army is motorized using civilian vehicles turned into makeshift military vehicles.
The Carlist Militia is a militia used during the collapse of the Spanish government, though they aren't an Brach of service officially, they act as one, they are below-averagely trained though it truly depends on the unit, and while the Carlist government tries to supply the militia with the same weaponry used in the National guard, many use personal weapons. They come out to be roughly 30,000 strong.

Navy:
The Carlist Navy - 4 class Audaz (1897), Emperador Carlos V (1895), Dreadnought Battleship España. The Carlist Navy is still realing from the lost of the Spanish-American War, as the Spanish Navy made a series of failed attempts to rebuild, these ships were the few that were able to be seized by the Carlists, While the Navy is well Trained for its Size, being quite small as it is, it is hard to maintain the ships, especially the Emperador Carlos V, which hasn't been used in nearly a year and is being prepared to be decommissioned.
Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy: A good portion of the economy is Coal based with the Kingdom controlling the main coal producing areas of Spain, though in Galicia, automobile manufacturing is a minor industry. It is still reindustrializing and rebuilding as the Plague severally damaged the economy with trade being largely cut off.
Goals: Conquer Spain (maybe Portugal too, I feel it out)
History: in 1918, The Spanish Flu, as it was called then, broke out. The Namesake came from the fact that only Spanish newspapers, Spain being neutral in ww1, reported on it as other nation affected censored the news. however quickly it became known that this flu was far more lethal than previously thought. this forced the warring great powers to abandon the world war, devastating Spain's growing Arms industry and mightily harming the economy.

In 1919, Trade with the major Powers were cut off as to prevent further spread of the Plague, this lead to the economy becoming a dumpster fire, and small protests began against the Spanish Monarchy. However the Idea came about in late 1919 that a small conflict in morocco could restart the arms industry and help the economy enough that taxes would allow the government to fight the Plague even more.

in 1920, the Rif Conflict began, however the war barely lasted a couple of months as both parties couldn't sustain the war. Spain was dealing with a factional crisis within the army between the Africanists and Junteros, The Africanist wanting merit to be the leading cause for promotion and the Junteros wanting seniority to be it instead. this cause the army to be ineffectual, coupled with the fact that the army was thoroughly weakened from large desertion rates due to the illness spreading.

In 1921, the Spanish People backed by the military deposed Alfonso XIII and installed General Rivera, This lead to widespread protests from the democratic supporting populace who were not only angered by the lack of a democracy but by Rivera's continued failure to protect the people from the plague. At this point, Carlist supporting Generals made a plan that in case the government were to collapse, they would flee upwards to Galicia and Asturias and establish a Carlist Kingdom, they secretly garnered support over there, and by the winter of 1921, so many of the populace had turned on Rivera that riots were beginning.

In 1922, Riots began against the Government, Rivera in an attempt to keep control, declared martial law, and tried to suppress the protests and counteract the riots. this stabilized thing for the meantime, until in May of 1922, the Spring coup, as it was called kicked off, Carlist Generals and officers within the military began to refuse orders from the Spanish government, leading to huge protests starting against the government with no way to stop them. Carlist Militia began to fight Government Forces up in Asturias and Galicia. By Fall of 1922, Democratic Insurgents had risen up against Rivera, And Carlist Generals were leading loyal solders and Carlist Volunteer militia to Asturias.

By 1923, Spain was in full blown Civil War, Government Forces relocated down South to fight the Democratic Insurgents whilst fighting minor battles against Carlist along the way. however in April of 1923, General Rivera was assassinated by Marxist militia in Madrid, causing the Spanish Government to utterly Collapse. The Carlist Forces went in and Secured Asturias and went over to secure Galicia which became the location of the headquarters of the new Kingdom's army. Galicia stabilized first in 1924 and soon Asturias followed, in Summer of 1924, Galicia and Asturias began programs sponsored by the Carlist government to re build the medical and educational system. By 1925, the Kingdom began a yearlong campaign to rebuild the Industry.

By 1926, the plague was finally ending and a new era of Carlist Spain was just beginning. Carlist Militias were in Leon, waiting for the National guard to enter as to capture and stabilize the region under Carlist domain. This was Known as the Campaign of '26, while Militia left towards Palencia, Cantabria, and Burgos. That Conquest began in 27. in 1928, Zamora and Valladolid were given ultimatums to join or be conquered. they chose joining and services began to roll out. In 1929, The Carlist Government sponsored a new 3 year plan to rebuild industry in the nation's borders. it was also this year when Alfonso Carlos was invited to rule the Nation.

In 1930, Alfonso ordered the creation of the Cortes to represent the people, however it made with a loophole that gave military leaders far more advantage to become the representative. By 1932, the Industry buildup was over and the Government began to focus on the civilian welfare and military reform. by late 1934, the standard of living had nearly rebuilt itself, so a Military reform bill was put forth by the King, this bill would make promotion more merit based, and was quickly dubbed the African reforms by the rebuilding Carlist Media, The Military officers in the Cortes opposed the bill and refused to pass it, so when the king circumvented the Cortes by using a royal edict to pass the reforms, The Cortes protested and nearly rebelled by asking the Catholic church to remove support for Alfonso. When the Church refused, it would have stopped there, with the Cortes having been put in its place, however when the king learned of their treachery, the Cortes was dissolved by the king, however in recent months, the King announced the Cortes was being reestablished with the loophole fixed.
RP Sample: 2024 - Israel
429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.
Last edited by The Surge Empire on Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Fascist Republic Of Bermuda
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Republic Of Bermuda » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:19 pm

Sliding in to confirm this reservation real quick

Reservation:
Location: On the map already, roughly the Shandong Peninsula and the southern half of the modern day province of Hebei.
Nation Name: Celestial Empire of the Great Da Qin
635 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.
N U T S !

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:33 pm

Reservation:
Nation Name: Republic of Texas
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:21 pm

Damn I was hoping I didn’t border texas
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:28 pm

BALKANIZED WEST COAST
BALKANIZED WEST COAAT
Last edited by Guuj Xaat Kil on Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

egg

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:25 am

Would it have been possible for one or two cities to have survived the epidemic with relatively minimal casualties? And would the disease have been heavily present up north in the colder areas?
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

The Baton Rouge Free State
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:31 am

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Would it have been possible for one or two cities to have survived the epidemic with relatively minimal casualties? And would the disease have been heavily present up north in the colder areas?

Speaking as a player, it depends on the location. Modern cities with developed medical systems are probably doing quite a bit better, than cities which don't have developed medical infrastructure or sewer systems. However, historically Asian cities high quite a few less casualties than European countries, because the primary factor is likely proximity to the front and involvement in the war. Nations like Japan and China which were removed from the war at that point have normally healthy populations and the resources to spare to perform necessary quarantines or medical operations (for example, Japan made it mandatory to wear masks so coughing and breathing couldn't spread the disease). In regards to northern cities, however, I would think they would have higher casualties the further north you go, this is because of longer winters, and thus longer disease seasons. Diseases typically spread more easily and linger longer in colder areas. In the north areas of Russia, flu season lasts the entire length of the school year pretty much. It depends how far north we are talking as to how big of an affect it would be, but I would say if you're planning on playing in Scandinavia, especially Denmark or Finland (since they were reliant on a lot of exports as well), you could expect very high casualties, as well as Russian areas north of Moscow.

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:37 am

The East Coast is quite lonely right now, can we have some conflict?

egg

The Baton Rouge Free State
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:48 am

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:The East Coast is quite lonely right now, can we have some conflict?

You could always go to war with Quebec

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:51 am

The Baton Rouge Free State wrote:
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:The East Coast is quite lonely right now, can we have some conflict?

You could always go to war with Quebec

Hahahaha...
Perhaps

egg

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:19 pm

So, is there a particular period of time when the epidemic finally ended and it was relatively "safe" once more?
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:30 pm

Reservation:
Nation Name: Nationalist Military State of the German Reich (Nationalistischer Militärstaat des Deutschen Reiches) (official)/The Naval Republic of Germany (Die Marinerepublik Deutschland) (unofficial)
Last edited by The Imperial Warglorian Empire on Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Warg or Antic

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:47 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:So, is there a particular period of time when the epidemic finally ended and it was relatively "safe" once more?

The late 1920s saw the end of the deaths directly from the plague, most nations started reorganizing or setting up stability after that.
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:03 pm

What is the largest state which is still free for claiming in order for me to put it under an obscure extreme political ideology?
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:00 pm

Finland SSR wrote:What is the largest state which is still free for claiming in order for me to put it under an obscure extreme political ideology?

A lot of land is free, what ideologies are you toying with atm?
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:14 pm

App's done btw, just waiting on the OP/CO-OP.

egg

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:47 pm

Generic Info
Nation Name: Fourth French Republic
Symbols: French tricolor, the French coat of arms, Great Seal of France, the national motto “Liberty, Equality, Fraternity”, the national anthem “La Marseillaise”, and the national personification, Marianne.
Population: ~11,000,000 total
Occitania = 5,000,000

Tunisia = 1,200,000

Algeria = 3,500,000

Balearics = 100,000

Corsica = 150,000

Tangiers = 300,000

Senegal = 600,000

Capital City: Algiers (provisional)

Government Info
Government Type: De jure Unitary parliamentary republic, De facto Military Junta
Brief Explanation of Government: On paper, the government is just a rebranding of the Third Republic, with there being a president, prime minister, and parliament. However, the parliament has been “temporarily” disbanded by the military. The President is a General in the French army, and can pick or remove the PM at any time, making the latter a puppet of the former.
Ideology: Republicanism, Secularism, Militarism, Imperialism
Leader/s: President Paul Prosper Henrys, Prime Minister Theodore Steeg
Relations The French do not maintain many foreign relations, their complex internal politics often taking precedence. However, the French are quite aware of the English, with Ceuta only being 17 miles from Gibraltar. Trade, for the time being, is minimal, and France is quite wary of the English. France is aware of Italy, and due to cultural and historical ties, thinks of them in a positive light.

Population Info
Brief Description of your People: The collapse of France and the new government’s colonial policies have made France a somewhat diverse country. The largest culture group and language is French, but local languages such as Occitanian are common, with around 40% of the population in the mainland territories speaking it to some degree. Due to the massive movement of refugees, Algeria now has a small European majority, though many of these are Spanish or Italian. Likewise, about a third of Tunisia is now European. However, Arab and Berber culture is still strong in those regions, and still form a strong majority in rural areas. Tangiers is a cosmopolitan mix of a variety of cultures, and one of the most liberal parts of the country.
Brief Description of your Culture: Primarily French/Occitan and Arab/Berber, with large numbers of Spanish people, Catalans, and Italians descended from refugees as well.

Military Info
Army: The French Army is quite large for the time period. There are 200,000 soldiers in the French army proper, but with varying degrees of organization and equipment. The French Foreign Legion is the best equipped part of the French army and has 30,000 men, primarily being stationed in major cities in the Mediterranean to enforce the will of the military. Other than the FFL, here are around 120,000 soldiers in the French army who are stretched thin and often rely on local militia, especially on the frontier. There are around 50,000 militamen, mostly in rural regions and especially in the frontier.
Navy: (numbers coming soon) France’s fleet was never fully converted to oil, and thus remained largely reliant on coal. With this, France has been able to maintain a good chunk of their naval fleet in the Med. Sea, and is currently the dominant naval power in the region. However, like the British, they have downgraded some of their ships to ease logistics and the cost of running them, and some ships have masts attached.
Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy: The French economy is, for the moment, largely protectionist, with the government trying to hoard resources as to remain self-sufficient while retaining a large navy. The government has prioritized agriculture to a great extent, and many depopulated villages have been torn down to make way for farmland. Wine, while still grown and exported, has seen a decline in production as the government uses the land to grow food. However, the government has also made the extraction of coal and the production of steel a large priority, and coal mines litter the countryside of Occitania.
Goals: Reunify France, secure control over Algeria and Tunisia, expand to Morocco and Libya, dominate the Medditerannean, and re-establish global trade.
History:

France entered the Great War to defend their ally Russia and fight Germany, expecting to be home by Christmas. However, this wasn’t the case. The war turned into history’s worst meat grinder, with hundreds of thousands of men dying to the war. However, that paled in comparison to the Spanish Plague, which killed more than half of mainland France’s population. Initially used to retake land from Germany and go on the offensive, troubles at home prevented the French from moving into Germany and winning. The population was dying off and the government’s attempts at hiding it had failed. The French government lost control of Paris to communist revolutionaries, and went on the defensive as the nation collapsed.

The more industrial, populous north of France had it the worst, with the plague eradicating entire cities. Paris, not long after the communist takeover, fully succumbed to disease and became a ghost town. Massive chunks of the French army either deserted to try and find their families, or died of the plague themselves. The remnants of the French army, under Ferdinand Foch, proceeded to try and secure the southern half of the country, but largely failed. Foch would die, and the army’s unity was fragile until the early 1920s when soldiers arrived from Algeria.

The French Navy and French Foreign Legion, with assistance from Algerian harkis and French troops returning from the Balkans, landed in Provence to secure the coast. Through controversial and violent means, both Marsielle and Nice were secured, and dissenters dealt with. Due to the massive amount of deaths in the chain of command, it was General Paul Prosper Henrys who established himself as leader of these forces, and eventually, of all remaining French armed forces. From the coast of Provence, French soldiers began securing the countryside, and by the late 1920s, most of what’s considered Occitania was under their control.

The plague had ended by the mid 20s, however, the reclamation of France had ground to a halt by the 30s. The army treated it too much like colonial conquests in the Sahara, and hardly controlled the frontier. Except for the coast, most of the region was under the control of local forces who had declared their loyalty. Attempts at elections and the formation of a government ended in failure, with the military disbaning parliament, announcing Paul Prosper Henrys as the President, and choosing Theodore Steeg as a powerless puppet PM. The military from then on focused not on Europe but on Africa, viewing it as a “blank slate” to recreate French society, but also as a power base to control the French state and enforce their will.

As of the moment, France is an awkward position. Despite having initially made great progress with retaking their country, the military has largely stopped at Occitania and despite public support in reunification, has no desire to expand much further inland. Instead, they have focused on strategic regions like the Baelerics and Tangiers, even devoting resources to keeping order in Senegal. Despite claiming to be the “Fourth French Republic”, the new government has an empty parliament, and the President is essentially a military backed dictator. The plague has also caused considerable demographic change, in mainland France and abroad. Speakers of Occitan outnumber native French speakers in mainland France, and many grow tired of discrimination by the government and education system. Algeria has become majority European due to a massive influx of refugees and Tunisia is headed there, though Muslims grow uneasy about being a minority in their own homeland. A variety of different groups with their own interests are forming within France, and the Algiers-based military government will not be able to supress the rising political tide forever.

RP Sample: You know me
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:47 pm

Generic Info
Nation Name: Fourth French Republic
Symbols: French tricolor, the French coat of arms, Great Seal of France, the national motto “Liberty, Equality, Fraternity”, the national anthem “La Marseillaise”, and the national personification, Marianne.
Population: ~11,000,000 total
Occitania = 5,000,000

Tunisia = 1,200,000

Algeria = 3,500,000

Balearics = 100,000

Corsica = 150,000

Tangiers = 300,000

Senegal = 600,000

Capital City: Algiers (provisional)

Government Info
Government Type: De jure Unitary parliamentary republic, De facto Military Junta
Brief Explanation of Government: On paper, the government is just a rebranding of the Third Republic, with there being a president, prime minister, and parliament. However, the parliament has been “temporarily” disbanded by the military. The President is a General in the French army, and can pick or remove the PM at any time, making the latter a puppet of the former.
Ideology: Republicanism, Secularism, Militarism, Imperialism
Leader/s: President Paul Prosper Henrys, Prime Minister Theodore Steeg
Relations The French do not maintain many foreign relations, their complex internal politics often taking precedence. However, the French are quite aware of the English, with Ceuta only being 17 miles from Gibraltar. Trade, for the time being, is minimal, and France is quite wary of the English. France is aware of Italy, and due to cultural and historical ties, thinks of them in a positive light.

Population Info
Brief Description of your People: The collapse of France and the new government’s colonial policies have made France a somewhat diverse country. The largest culture group and language is French, but local languages such as Occitanian are common, with around 40% of the population in the mainland territories speaking it to some degree. Due to the massive movement of refugees, Algeria now has a small European majority, though many of these are Spanish or Italian. Likewise, about a third of Tunisia is now European. However, Arab and Berber culture is still strong in those regions, and still form a strong majority in rural areas. Tangiers is a cosmopolitan mix of a variety of cultures, and one of the most liberal parts of the country.
Brief Description of your Culture: Primarily French/Occitan and Arab/Berber, with large numbers of Spanish people, Catalans, and Italians descended from refugees as well.

Military Info
Army: The French Army is quite large for the time period. There are 200,000 soldiers in the French army proper, but with varying degrees of organization and equipment. The French Foreign Legion is the best equipped part of the French army and has 30,000 men, primarily being stationed in major cities in the Mediterranean to enforce the will of the military. Other than the FFL, here are around 120,000 soldiers in the French army who are stretched thin and often rely on local militia, especially on the frontier. There are around 50,000 militamen, mostly in rural regions and especially in the frontier.
Navy: (numbers coming soon) France’s fleet was never fully converted to oil, and thus remained largely reliant on coal. With this, France has been able to maintain a good chunk of their naval fleet in the Med. Sea, and is currently the dominant naval power in the region. However, like the British, they have downgraded some of their ships to ease logistics and the cost of running them, and some ships have masts attached.
Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy: The French economy is, for the moment, largely protectionist, with the government trying to hoard resources as to remain self-sufficient while retaining a large navy. The government has prioritized agriculture to a great extent, and many depopulated villages have been torn down to make way for farmland. Wine, while still grown and exported, has seen a decline in production as the government uses the land to grow food. However, the government has also made the extraction of coal and the production of steel a large priority, and coal mines litter the countryside of Occitania.
Goals: Reunify France, secure control over Algeria and Tunisia, expand to Morocco and Libya, dominate the Medditerannean, and re-establish global trade.
History:

France entered the Great War to defend their ally Russia and fight Germany, expecting to be home by Christmas. However, this wasn’t the case. The war turned into history’s worst meat grinder, with hundreds of thousands of men dying to the war. However, that paled in comparison to the Spanish Plague, which killed more than half of mainland France’s population. Initially used to retake land from Germany and go on the offensive, troubles at home prevented the French from moving into Germany and winning. The population was dying off and the government’s attempts at hiding it had failed. The French government lost control of Paris to communist revolutionaries, and went on the defensive as the nation collapsed.

The more industrial, populous north of France had it the worst, with the plague eradicating entire cities. Paris, not long after the communist takeover, fully succumbed to disease and became a ghost town. Massive chunks of the French army either deserted to try and find their families, or died of the plague themselves. The remnants of the French army, under Ferdinand Foch, proceeded to try and secure the southern half of the country, but largely failed. Foch would die, and the army’s unity was fragile until the early 1920s when soldiers arrived from Algeria.

The French Navy and French Foreign Legion, with assistance from Algerian harkis and French troops returning from the Balkans, landed in Provence to secure the coast. Through controversial and violent means, both Marsielle and Nice were secured, and dissenters dealt with. Due to the massive amount of deaths in the chain of command, it was General Paul Prosper Henrys who established himself as leader of these forces, and eventually, of all remaining French armed forces. From the coast of Provence, French soldiers began securing the countryside, and by the late 1920s, most of what’s considered Occitania was under their control.

The plague had ended by the mid 20s, however, the reclamation of France had ground to a halt by the 30s. The army treated it too much like colonial conquests in the Sahara, and hardly controlled the frontier. Except for the coast, most of the region was under the control of local forces who had declared their loyalty. Attempts at elections and the formation of a government ended in failure, with the military disbaning parliament, announcing Paul Prosper Henrys as the President, and choosing Theodore Steeg as a powerless puppet PM. The military from then on focused not on Europe but on Africa, viewing it as a “blank slate” to recreate French society, but also as a power base to control the French state and enforce their will.

As of the moment, France is an awkward position. Despite having initially made great progress with retaking their country, the military has largely stopped at Occitania and despite public support in reunification, has no desire to expand much further inland. Instead, they have focused on strategic regions like the Baelerics and Tangiers, even devoting resources to keeping order in Senegal. Despite claiming to be the “Fourth French Republic”, the new government has an empty parliament, and the President is essentially a military backed dictator. The plague has also caused considerable demographic change, in mainland France and abroad. Speakers of Occitan outnumber native French speakers in mainland France, and many grow tired of discrimination by the government and education system. Algeria has become majority European due to a massive influx of refugees and Tunisia is headed there, though Muslims grow uneasy about being a minority in their own homeland. A variety of different groups with their own interests are forming within France, and the Algiers-based military government will not be able to supress the rising political tide forever.

RP Sample: You know me
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Temischa
Secretary

Founded: Oct 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Temischa » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:28 pm

Reservation:
Nation Name: Catalan Republic

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:56 pm

I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:17 am

As I've found some usable statistics, I will be playing my Ainu nation
Reservation:
Nation Name: ヤイメカモシリ コロ アイヌ モシリ(Yaymekamosir Koro Aynu Mosir) - Republic of the Ainu Domain
Last edited by Khasinkonia on Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

WIP

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:16 pm

Generic Info
Official Name: ヤイメカモシリ コロ アイヌ モシリ(Yaymekamosir Koro Aynu Mosir) - Republic of the Ainu Domain
Colloquial Name: カリ(モ)[Kai(mo)]
Symbols: (ex. Flag, Coat of Arms, National Anthem, personifications, etc.)
Location: See Map; Hokkaido, Karapto(Sakhalin), Kuril Islands, Aomori Prefecture
Population: 1,737,000~
Capital City: Satporo(Sapporo, Hokkaido Prefecture)

Government Info
Government Type: Parliamentary Unitary Social Republic
Brief Explanation of Government: The Ainu government is based in many ways on that of the Empire of Japan. It is divided into three branches: Executive, Judicial, and Legislative. The nation is divided into 103 ポロクイタクペ(Porkuytakpe), roughly equivalent to Prefectures, which each vote for two representatives to the NaPor, which creates legislature, and one to the NaPon, which approves legislature. In order to vote(with exception to Aomori), one must demonstrate verbal or written proficiency in the Ainu language, although ballots are also provided in Japanese and Nivkh in some prefectures, as well as by request. Votes for the entirety of the NaPor are held every eight years, while votes for the NaPon are held every twelve years. Each prefecture elects a governor, known as an エヌコリケ(Enukorike), every five years. Voting is done via an approval voting system, with any elections deemed by the appointed committee to require further voting performed through a majority judgement vote amongst the mayors of towns and cities in the prefectures, weighted by population. More traditional communities will generally elect a member of one of the old regional chieftain's families, although more progressive circles will often elect a sibling or spouse of one of the ぺイケ(Peyke). This practice is known as ペイケクマツカラ(Peykekmatkar) — selecting a Peyke’s wife. Any member of the Nipakpe may be impeached by referendum from their prefecture so long as it is either approved by the governor with an absolute majority of the vote, or a petition from a proportion of the population greater than that which approved of them. Officials with widespread disapproval outside of their prefecture may be censured via petition, but removal from office is solely on a voting or impeachment basis. The NaPor will elect a prime minister, while the NaPon will select a secondary minister, who then cease to represent their prefecture(s), leading to special elections. The prime and secondary ministers are tasked with conducting state affairs, manage foreign affairs, prepare the budget, and foster large-scale collaboration between the two Nipakpe. The Yaksin, the nation’s court system, is arranged into four levels, the シネイキンネヤクシン(Shineikinneyaksin), ポロヤクシンウタラ(Poroyaksinutara), ポロクイタクペウタラ(Porkuytakpeyaksinutara), and トイヤクシンウタラ(Toyyaksinutara). In order, it is the Prime Court, the Great Courts, the Prefecture Courts, and the Land Courts. The Prime Court is the highest court in the land, with decisions made by it considered final unless they reopen the case, or the NaPon petitions it. The Great Courts, of which there are 9, hear cases, and will either rule, or pass them up to the Prime Court. The Prefecture Courts are the next lowest, with the Land Courts being at the bottom, serving as local courts for townships and cities. Each individual yaksin is composed of one ウタラパ(utarpa), and eight ヤクシニケウタラ(yaksinikeutara). The Yaksinikeutara behave as jurors and as judges, each proposing both verdicts and, if necessary, punishment, after the case is initially heard. Via elimination, one decision is reached amongst the eight. In the case of a draw, the utarpa will either cast their vote, thus breaking the tie, or call a retrial.

シネイキンネぺイケ(Shineikinnepeyke)
Aka シぺイケ(ShiPeyke) - Prime Minister(lit: First Peyke) - Executive Branch

ニパウタラクペ(Nipautarakpe)
Aka ニパクペ(Nipakpe) - The Chiefs’ Thing - Legislative Branch. Members are known as the ぺイケ(Peyke).
ナアポロニパクペ(Naaporonipakpe) aka ナポロ(NaPor) - The Greater Chiefs’ Thing - Legislative Branch(Lower House). Members are known as ナアポロペイケ(Naaporopeyke)
ナアポンニパクペ(Naaponnipakpe) aka ナポン(NaPon) - The Lesser Chiefs’ Thing - Legislative Branch(Upper House). Members are known as ナアポンペケ(Naaponpeyke)

ヤクピリカフイマムパシンリツタラ(Yakpirkahuymampasinritutara)
Aka ヤクシン(Yaksin) - Acceptability Investigatory Clans - Judiciary Branch. Members are known as ヤクシニケ(Yaksinike)

Ideology: Communitarianism, Cultural Conservatism, Souverainism, and Reformism
Leader/s: (Head of State, Head of Government, etc.)
Relations (Trade agreements, existing military alliances, rivals, etc)

Population Info
Brief Description of your People:
Brief Description of your Culture:

Military Info
Army: (branches, number of troops, quality of army, etc,)
Navy: (branches, number of troops, quality of navy, etc,)

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy:
Goals:
History:
RP Sample: u kno me bruh

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:20 pm

Reservation:
Nation Name: Great Lakes Commonwealth

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse