NATION

PASSWORD

Adad Q&A

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Adad Civilization
Envoy

Founded: Jun 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Adad Q&A

Postby Adad Civilization » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:54 pm

Somewhere in the deserts, archaeologists have uncovered a large library of stone tablets regarding the ancient king "Nutesh of Adad". These tablets appear to have various questions asked by a mysterious "advisor" who's name is still unknown. Surprisingly, these questions often are the exact same questions asked by many across the world. New tablets are still appearing as the owner of the library opens the gate for many's questions to be answered
(tl;dr: Ask Nutesh Questions and a stone tablet will be found in the deserts answering the question)

(OOC Questions are to be marked with "()".
Although interactions are technically IC, they are not canon
All questions are welcome, but please try to remain in the forum rules and please don't ask extremely personal OOC questions)
IC Year: 5278 BCE
Were NSstats even invented yet in 5000 BC?
Inspired by Haja-Mishu (but I am not a puppet of him) and Mesopotamian Kingdoms of the early bronze age
Heavily retconned, ignore everything before 2021
Proud member of the >50K gang | My Q&A | My Discord: BimmyTheGreat#2883, HMU
Hamatu and Haja-Mishu are both cool people

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:56 am

Hi! As it is with the tradition for the Valentians to ask the other countries about the two things, so.. here are the two things I want to ask - who is the tallest person in history, and the longest name?
- Chief Aviator Gwen Tracer Hepburn “Fate of Existence and the Omniverse” Ellen Trixie Caitlin Foxworthy Avril Verlene Eveline Celinda Sammy Doris Wit. Oxton Arielle Lindall Leslie Vitesse Allison
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Adad Civilization
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Adad Civilization » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:46 am

Valentine Z wrote:Hi! As it is with the tradition for the Valentians to ask the other countries about the two things, so.. here are the two things I want to ask - who is the tallest person in history, and the longest name?
- Chief Aviator Gwen Tracer Hepburn “Fate of Existence and the Omniverse” Ellen Trixie Caitlin Foxworthy Avril Verlene Eveline Celinda Sammy Doris Wit. Oxton Arielle Lindall Leslie Vitesse Allison

Nutesh of Adad's response to the questions of "Who was the tallest person?" and "Who had the longest name?". Asked and written by his most trusted advisor and scribe.

"That right there is... a good question. If I remember correctly, the tallest mortal would be a peasant by the name of Ninsunu. She was a head taller than the average doorway (1.7 Meters). I believe she died after some kid knocked her out using a sling and threw her in a river for being "cursed", poor lady. Likewise, seeing how most people are in fact shorter than the doorway (The average is around 163 CM for males), I am still in astonishment how tall she was.

As for your other question, I remember a man was named lûkušûadadû bašāšumalṭuabutsu (The Bullshark from Adad, Spreader of the God's word). The man was later arrested and executed for being a false prophet. I think he came from the lands of Canaan and was preaching something about a pantheon of gods called "The spineless ones" who would smite Adad should they not convert to their religion. Well, it's been over 1600 moons (400 years) and we still exist. So, I am just going to stick with our gods.
"
Last edited by Adad Civilization on Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inspired by Haja-Mishu (but I am not a puppet of him) and Mesopotamian Kingdoms of the early bronze age

Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium
Envoy

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:38 am

" There are many mentions of a Dark one in their religion, Its stories tell of a being bent on suffering and destruction, but this brings the question that many of us here at the University have been asking. Could this god of darkness be the same as the devil or fallen angel Lucifer, and if so could that mean that much of there religion is actually just a recounting of their interpretations of the events described in the Old Testament?" -Dr. Alexis Duchene, head of the Imperial University of Theology, the Histories, and the Phliosphies at Paris
Note: Many factbooks are in a constant state of WIP or being considered for entire rework or deletion

Welcome to The Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium, a nation where I brutalize and adapt Latin and French History to my needs to get my Ultraroyalist Absolutist French Monarchy with a vaguely French-sounding fictional royal family to work.

Don't ask about the flag, it has something to do with RMB RP that I'm involved with.
Leader * Overview[Perpetual WIP] * Military * Ask me questitons

Adad Civilization
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Adad Civilization » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:57 am

Alpes a Septentrionali imperium wrote:" There are many mentions of a Dark one in their religion, Its stories tell of a being bent on suffering and destruction, but this brings the question that many of us here at the University have been asking. Could this god of darkness be the same as the devil or fallen angel Lucifer, and if so could that mean that much of there religion is actually just a recounting of their interpretations of the events described in the Old Testament?" -Dr. Alexis Duchene, head of the Imperial University of Theology, the Histories, and the Phliosphies at Paris

*The top part has been damaged beyond comprehension due to wear and tear*

"Are you (the advisor) talking about that one Caananite religion? The one where there's an evil being who hates everything and a good one that loves everything? (This "One Caananite religion" is the closest to Christianity/Judaism in-lore, bear with me). No, I doubt it. The God of their religion is an all-powerful good god, while this "sâtan" is a rebellious angel. The Dark One is the creator of the gods, and his power is near-endless only being beaten by the powers of the other gods combined. I do not believe that The Dark One and "sâtan" are the same beings as the two characters are vastly different. But, if they were the same, that would set a dark precedent for humanity... as this would mean sâtan is much, much more powerful then those Caananites say he is."

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Zitravgrad » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:40 am

It was a quiet day in the National Museum Complex for the Grand Prince of Zitravia. Viktor and his assistant were inspecting the stone tablets sent to the museum from the faraway deserts. They would have to arrange an exhibition for these, but first, they had to comprehend and interpret the cuniform scripts written on them into layman's words. Wearing a pair of nitrile gloves, Viktor picked one of the tablets up and inspected it closely with a magnifying glass. Written on it was a question which, almost magically, he had in mind.

"In the distant, mysterious lands of the north, there rumors a deity of the tribes named "Yeruslan the Wise" -- a god of an eye all-seeing, a patron of scribes and wise men. He taught the humans of the tribes all the trades they could possibly know, including the runes in which they write. Could Yeruslan and Omera, the Bright One, have crossed paths by any means? Who do you think is the wiser of the two?"

He wrote the words he translated from the tablet into his notebook with the help of his assistant... now only if they discovered the tablet with an answer to this question somewhere in the desert.

It is purely a question on opinions so you can put random ideas and flex as much as you like.
❄ ❄ United Federation of Zitravgrad ❄ ❄
PMT/Early FT - Decopunk. Zitravgrad is a crowned republic in a planet somewhere else in the universe. The formerly wartorn nation keeps a facade of normalcy and order while enjoying the societal and cultural decadence that marks the new Roaring Twenties. The paranoid authoritarian government tries its best to uphold order in the face of uncertainty, while its people want nothing more than a breathing space. A deal that works, but maybe not in the long run. | My NS-Related Art | Hehe bad meme as flag
Providenska's Herald: "Publish or Perish" culture contributes to stress in academia | Public Smoking Ban revisited - authority urged to take it more seriously

Adad Civilization
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Adad Civilization » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:58 pm

Zitravgrad wrote:It was a quiet day in the National Museum Complex for the Grand Prince of Zitravia. Viktor and his assistant were inspecting the stone tablets sent to the museum from the faraway deserts. They would have to arrange an exhibition for these, but first, they had to comprehend and interpret the cuniform scripts written on them into layman's words. Wearing a pair of nitrile gloves, Viktor picked one of the tablets up and inspected it closely with a magnifying glass. Written on it was a question which, almost magically, he had in mind.

"In the distant, mysterious lands of the north, there rumors a deity of the tribes named "Yeruslan the Wise" -- a god of an eye all-seeing, a patron of scribes and wise men. He taught the humans of the tribes all the trades they could possibly know, including the runes in which they write. Could Yeruslan and Omera, the Bright One, have crossed paths by any means? Who do you think is the wiser of the two?"

He wrote the words he translated from the tablet into his notebook with the help of his assistant... now only if they discovered the tablet with an answer to this question somewhere in the desert.

It is purely a question on opinions so you can put random ideas and flex as much as you like.

*Alas, the top part was yet again worn beyond comprehension. Only the words "Nutesh" and "Asked" could be made out*

"Hm. Yeruslan. I do not believe I have heard that name before. It sounds vaguely like a name from the lands far north, but that is [beside the point.]

So, have these gods crossed paths? Well, for starters, we have another discussion on our hands. Which gods are real? I have delved into the possibilities of other gods. Perhaps when Ugdohr created the gods it was like a splash in the water. With one god of this attribute came a million others with similar attributes. From Omera came Yeruslan, from Ecdis came Hadad, or perhaps even the other [way] around. They quite well could have interacted some time in the past. Perhaps it even fought amongst the gods in an attempt to fight Ugdohr and his followers, maybe even helping deliver the final blow to the dark one.

[For intelligence], however, is a question I do not know the answer to. It really depends on how you define intelligence. If you are talking about how wise a creature is, I believe it's most likely Omera as he is the creator of knowledge. Who would win in a game of wisdom and strategy like war games? I am not entirely sure, but it could likely be this Yeruslan god. Quite frankly, I want to know more about this figure. Maybe he is the smartest diety of them all, or perhaps he is just the bearer of knowledge and not the creator of it. Who knows? I don't, but someone out there surely must!
Last edited by Adad Civilization on Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:44 pm

Diarcesia wrote:[Nutesh] is a writer of terrific wit, taste and intelligence.

I was lucky enough to learn more about his writings from his reign, in which he sets in stone sage advice. I wish to visit Adad and set about gaining new insights. His legacy helped turn my attention to literature, which is where his talent lies.

- Arkess

(What will Arkess find in Adad c. 800s CE if he decides to visit there to gain new insights?)

(As of 5278 BCE, what does Nutesh and Adad know about the Pronotus Peninsula (near the bottom of the map, where the Naval HQ is located) and its people? The Hellenic ancestors of the Diarcesians arrived there at 1000 BCE)

Adad Civilization
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Adad Civilization » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:39 am

Diarcesia wrote:
Diarcesia wrote:[Nutesh] is a writer of terrific wit, taste and intelligence.

I was lucky enough to learn more about his writings from his reign, in which he sets in stone sage advice. I wish to visit Adad and set about gaining new insights. His legacy helped turn my attention to literature, which is where his talent lies.

- Arkess

(What will Arkess find in Adad c. 800s CE if he decides to visit there to gain new insights?)

(As of 5278 BCE, what does Nutesh and Adad know about the Pronotus Peninsula (near the bottom of the map, where the Naval HQ is located) and its people? The Hellenic ancestors of the Diarcesians arrived there at 1000 BCE)

(I am sorry for the late reply, I completely forgot this existed >_<)

(Anyways, if he decides to go to Adad in 800 CE, he would find a small village that only barely represents the civilization it once represented. The people will still speak Akkadian and will do their best to maintain the glory of their former civilization, but they will be owned by some greater empire, most likely the Persians.)

(As for the other question, Nutesh has no clue of the Pronotus Peninsula. Most areas outside the Middle East are considered myths, including Greece/The Rest of Europe, The Indus River Vally, etc, etc. In a couple of hundred years' time, Adadians may know of its existence, but Nutesh would probably be long gone by then.)
Last edited by Adad Civilization on Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information