NATION

PASSWORD

Do repeals count as SC resolutions or GA ones?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Do repeals count as SC resolutions or GA ones?

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:31 am

I still help keep the NSwiki timeline of WA votes up to date, and I was wondering: with the GA and SC switching off all the time, do all repeals still count as GA votes, or does it depend on which branch the repeal was filed under?

Right now, I'm assuming (and hence the timeline assumes) that repeals of SC resolutions count as SC votes, and so the queued repeal of "Condemn NAZI EUROPE" will be flanked by two GA votes (SC resolutions are in goldenrod, repeals in white). Is this assumption correct?
Last edited by Omigodtheykilledkenny on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Re: Do repeals count as SC resolutions or GA ones?

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:42 am

The type of repeal will be associated with the type of resolution that is being repealed. So it will indeed depend on which branch the repeal was filed under.

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:51 am

Kenny, I've learned to despise the SC as well, but that SC color in the Timeline is fucking horrible!!! Bleeds my eyes! Can't really keep track of the serious resolutions (General Assembly)

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:19 am

It's not great, but it does make the SC resolutions stand out, and besides, all the other colors are taken. I guess you're lucky: Gruen wanted to color them hot pink and dayglo blue.

Although, complaints should be taken to the talk page.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:04 am

Nope, I guess it still counts as a GA vote, even though it is repealing an SC resolution. Image

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:11 am

I was thinking whether it would be a better idea to move the repeal system into a council of its own, called the World Assembly Appeals Council.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:12 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Nope, I guess it still counts as a GA vote, even though it is repealing an SC resolution. Image

I was wondering why the Numismatics Appreciation Act wasn't at vote. Though, the next resolution is going to be a GA resolution. So I'm guessing repeals just take priority over councils.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:16 am

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:I was thinking whether it would be a better idea to move the repeal system into a council of its own, called the World Assembly Appeals Council.

They're called "repeals."

Glen-Rhodes wrote:I was wondering why the Numismatics Appreciation Act wasn't at vote. Though, the next resolution is going to be a GA resolution.

My suspicion is that since the game is apparently treating all repeals as GA votes (regardless of "council"), the next vote will be another SC resolution, meaning three in a row. But I'm obviously not as familiar with the game code as the actual game-coders, so we'll see how it works out.

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:21 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:I was wondering why the Numismatics Appreciation Act wasn't at vote. Though, the next resolution is going to be a GA resolution.

My suspicion is that since the game is apparently treating all repeals as GA votes (regardless of "council"), the next vote will be another SC resolution, meaning three in a row. But I'm obviously not as familiar with the game code as the actual game-coders, so we'll see how it works out.

From the proposal page:
"The next proposal to go before the World Assembly is due to be drawn from the General Assembly."
Which means the game counted this one as an SC since the next one is GA... Though I don't know why it went to vote.
Last edited by Topid on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Weed

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:38 pm

Did this repeal reach the voting floor even though a GA proposal had quorum? If so, that's a bug. A repeal belongs to the same council as the resolution it proposes to repeal.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:53 pm

[violet] wrote:Did this repeal reach the voting floor even though a GA proposal had quorum? If so, that's a bug. A repeal belongs to the same council as the resolution it proposes to repeal.

Yes, it did. Numismatics Appreciation Act was supposed to be at-vote today.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:55 pm

Ok, sorry about that. Investigating now.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:20 pm

Fixed: this shouldn't happen again.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical