NATION

PASSWORD

The Montreal Winter Ball [OOC|OPEN|ALL TECH]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eritei
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 22, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eritei » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:44 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Eritei wrote:So, just to ask, is it okay if my characters were to jump in late yesterday even though today is the 5th, because I don't want to stay up till 3 everyday

Mhm. Just make sure to put the date in your post so people know it's in the past.

okay, thx

Eritei
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eritei » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:11 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Eritei wrote:The two guards were quick to notice the commotion outside the guest house, quick to note the disturbance of these obviously German people. Passing by they even place their hands on their concealed weapons, as to defend themselves in case a fight happens. They needed to get back into the hotel, however that option may not be available to them at the moment. They more thought about the dangers to the Empress though.
Although this man may be a guest, they would need to pay attention for any more disturbances, and to ensure the Empress' safety.
The Sect Meces wrote:Damien stopped at a small metal bin and pressed the front of his cigarette onto the provided ash-tray, ensuring it was properly inert before tossing it in with the rubbish. He burnt remnants off his hands and pointed towards the front gate, tilting his head at the armored motorcade.

"Appears to be a spot of bother over there, wise to not be involved, no?"

The translator remained silent and responded with a nod, watching as the Council Representative rubbed his chin in mild curiosity.

"Seems we'll have to wait our turn to greeted."

New Quebec State

Master of Ceremonies, Edward J. Cross

The Montreal Winter Festival
Montreal City Hall, North-end Housing and Ballroom
December 4, 2019 - Late Night

Before leaving to attend to the growing unrest, Cross locked eyes with the Empress of Eritei and the Council Representative of Starbase Lambda approching the gate. He bit his lip to stall for time, considering he was probably the only Frenchmen in the city who could speak the German tongue. He gestured for a policemen to go and fetch the wayward guests.

"Montrer du respect, okay?"
"Oui monsieur."

With a nod, Cross left to intercept the German troublemakers and a policemen in a black cape and red clad gestured the two guests aside, away from the commotion.

"Allô, Allô, you are the guests of international, oui? I will check your papers and show you interior."

The officer is wrinkled dress gave a smile and motioned towards the south entrance of the building. Quebecois common law mandates that most buildings of the large variety be fitted with at least two large entrances for safety purposes.

"You two are together?"

sorry, just realized. Rose doesn't arrive until tomorrow, the guards just did that usual stuff that you have to do for security.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:17 am

Eritei wrote:sorry, just realized. Rose doesn't arrive until tomorrow, the guards just did that usual stuff that you have to do for security.

Oh, are they still undercover?
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Eritei
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eritei » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:48 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Eritei wrote:sorry, just realized. Rose doesn't arrive until tomorrow, the guards just did that usual stuff that you have to do for security.

Oh, are they still undercover?

You (the government) knows they’re there, but the public doesn’t. So yeah, I’d say they’re undercover, but not like hush hush here’s a slip of paper undercover. Sorry for not clarifying

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:50 am

Eritei wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Oh, are they still undercover?

You (the government) knows they’re there, but the public doesn’t. So yeah, I’d say they’re undercover, but not like hush hush here’s a slip of paper undercover. Sorry for not clarifying

Alright. I'll adjust the post. No problem.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Eritei
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eritei » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:03 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Eritei wrote:You (the government) knows they’re there, but the public doesn’t. So yeah, I’d say they’re undercover, but not like hush hush here’s a slip of paper undercover. Sorry for not clarifying

Alright. I'll adjust the post. No problem.

It’s alright. It’s mainly my fault for not clarifying

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:17 am

R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Aceus Elurion
Full Title: His Royal Highness; By the Grace of the Divine/Gods (The former used to not off put the largely Catholic Quebecois) and the Will of the People; High King over all Kings of Arda, Ivalice and Orience, Grand Duke of Yggdrasilia; Lord-Protector of the Free Peoples, ect.
Appearance: Add some green eyes and that’s him
Marital Status: Single
Date of Birth and/or Age: Thirty-two
Personality/Biography:
The King has gone through a bit of tumult over the course of his adult life, between his rise to prominence in the public light as a diplomatic and forthright ruler at the expense of his personal life. He is arguably among the most “libertarian” monarchs one may encounter, as far as politics goes, preferring a government “large and strong enough to defend the nation and its rights, in conjunction with their people”. One point of contention that has arisen in recent years is the lack of legitimate heir, well, a certain Erika Elurion-Byrnes notwithstanding, which has lead to a bit of preemptive ambition among the powers that be in Danceria. While His Majesty still has several long years left in his reign, he still attempts to maintain a notable legacy from behind the scenes.

Aceus is a quiet, attentive man, while not incapable of carrying a conversation or being gregarious, he is a bit more...withdrawn than he had been in the past. Nevertheless, he’ll listen and speak his mind whenever appropriate.
Date of Arrival: A few days prior, to see the sights of Montreal. Perhaps a few locals may have noticed him, but he tends to keep a low profile.
Length of Stay: Due to Christmastide (of the Greek Orthodox Persuasion) being just around the corner in Danceria, His Majesty must depart to oversee the ceremonies on the Twenty-Second. Even if he does not practice Christianity, a good portion of his subjects do, and the Church has been integral in the development of Danceria.
Do You Agree To Respect Quebecois Laws and Customs?: {Yes}

National Information
Nationality: Dancerian
Representing: The Ancient And Auspicious House of Elurion-Telcontar, United Kingdoms of Danceria
National/Royal Anthem: The National Anthem

Security Information
Security Detail: See Below
Security Armaments: See Solidor
Ceremonial Weapons: N/A, even in his advancing age, he can still knock your teeth out if need be.

Optional Information
Likes: Warm weather, the outdoors, conversation on matters of books, or conversation in general, good music.
Dislikes: The “obnoxious” cold, being stuck in one place for too long, techno.
Hobbies: Poetry, Piano, Hiking, Reading, maintaining his physique
IC Thoughts On The Event: “A mixture of the aged refinement of Europe, and the vibrant vigor of the Americas. I look forward to attending.”
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: “The young Prince Solidor, while seeming to lack the overt ambition of his elder brother, nevertheless maintains a polite and erudite demeanor. As such, taking him under my wing as a former Grand Ambassador would allow him to be endeared not only to me, but to dissuade his elder brother’s ambitions…”
OOC Thoughts On The Event: Finally! A banquet or international event that isn’t war-related!
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: After a bit of...personal troubles ICly, I’d like Aceus to not wholly fade from the public spotlight.
Questions/Comments/Concerns: For all intents and purposes, Danceria is a modernized version of Middle-Earth somehow successfully blended with Final Fantasy. Which means that which is fantastical (such as dragons, magic, and improbably coloured hairdo) is very much common back home. However, such fantasy-tech will not be utilized because I came here to have a good time, not stroke my ego.

R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Larsa Ferrinas Solidor
Full Title: His Grace, Prince-Ducal of Archades
Appearance: Here he is
Date of Birth and/or Age: Sixteen
Personality/Biography:
House Solidor is synonymous with exceptionalism, as well as ambition. Carving out and maintaining their own kingdom at the borderlands between two mighty empires, Vayne Carudas Solidor exemplifies the energy, charisma, and ambition needed to continue to see Archades prosper.

His younger brother, Larsa, on the other hand, does not seem to hold that ambition. Preferring conversations on books, and proper government, he seems more intent on ruling well rather than seizing power to rule.

Like the king, he’s a bit of a conversationalist wallflower, though slightly more prone to extroversion and verbosity than the calm and concise Aceus. Having attended prestigious international schools, Larsa displays a sense of maturity not found in most his age. However, this doesn’t mean he can’t, or won’t, use his verbose vocabulary to snark and sass his way through a conversation.
Date of Arrival: He has arrived with His Majesty of Danceria some days prior to the festival in order to acquaint themselves both with the city and with one another. The young Prince of Archades has expressed a desire to become a Grand Ambassador, and has shown some promise. A few days in Montreal with the former Grand Ambassador turned King would prove most enlightening.
Length of Stay: While His Majesty must depart on the 22nd, the Prince Larsa may be persuaded to stay under certain circumstances.

National Information
Representing: The Ancient House of Solidor, Principality of Archades, United Kingdoms of Danceria.
National/Royal Anthem: The Royal March of Danceria

Security Information
Security Detail: N/A
Security Armaments: Fisticuffs
Ceremonial Weapons: N/A, In Danceria, one must use a weapon or whatever is given to them. Nothing is used for “just show”.

Optional Information
Dislikes: Those who don’t use knowledge, those who try to use their power or station to abuse others.
Hobbies: Football(Euro version), reading, debate
IC Thoughts On The Event: “A bit chilly, but the first time I have enjoyed Christmastide outside of Danceria...I look forward to it.”
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: “Say what you will about Aceus Elurion, but he has served Danceria as a Grand Ambassador. To endear myself to him would allow me to gain a great deal of experience, his being the Monarch notwithstanding. Contrary to popular gossip rags, I am not acquainted with Madam Erika, His Majesty’s daughter. I have the sneaking suspicion she may find me “overly-talkative and foppish”.”
OOC Thoughts On The Event: See previous App
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: Larsa is going to be the next generation of Dancerian Leadership, so he might as well get some publicity.
Questions/Comments/Concerns: N/A
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:25 am

Danceria wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Title: His Royal Highness; By the Grace of the Divine/Gods (The former used to not off put the largely Catholic Quebecois) and the Will of the People; High King over all Kings of Arda, Ivalice and Orience, Grand Duke of Yggdrasilia; Lord-Protector of the Free Peoples, ect.
Personality/Biography:
The King has gone through a bit of tumult over the course of his adult life, between his rise to prominence in the public light as a diplomatic and forthright ruler at the expense of his personal life. He is arguably among the most “libertarian” monarchs one may encounter, as far as politics goes, preferring a government “large and strong enough to defend the nation and its rights, in conjunction with their people”. One point of contention that has arisen in recent years is the lack of legitimate heir, well, a certain Erika Elurion-Byrnes notwithstanding, which has lead to a bit of preemptive ambition among the powers that be in Danceria. While His Majesty still has several long years left in his reign, he still attempts to maintain a notable legacy from behind the scenes.

Aceus is a quiet, attentive man, while not incapable of carrying a conversation or being gregarious, he is a bit more...withdrawn than he had been in the past. Nevertheless, he’ll listen and speak his mind whenever appropriate.
Date of Arrival: A few days prior, to see the sights of Montreal. Perhaps a few locals may have noticed him, but he tends to keep a low profile.
Length of Stay: Due to Christmastide (of the Greek Orthodox Persuasion) being just around the corner in Danceria, His Majesty must depart to oversee the ceremonies on the Twenty-Second. Even if he does not practice Christianity, a good portion of his subjects do, and the Church has been integral in the development of Danceria.

National Information
Representing: The Ancient And Auspicious House of Elurion-Telcontar, United Kingdoms of Danceria

Security Information
Ceremonial Weapons: N/A, even in his advancing age, he can still knock your teeth out if need be.

Optional Information
Likes: Warm weather, the outdoors, conversation on matters of books, or conversation in general, good music.
IC Thoughts On The Event: “A mixture of the aged refinement of Europe, and the vibrant vigor of the Americas. I look forward to attending.”
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: “The young Prince Solidor, while seeming to lack the overt ambition of his elder brother, nevertheless maintains a polite and erudite demeanor. As such, taking him under my wing as a former Grand Ambassador would allow him to be endeared not only to me, but to dissuade his elder brother’s ambitions…”
OOC Thoughts On The Event: Finally! A banquet or international event that isn’t war-related!
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: After a bit of...personal troubles ICly, I’d like Aceus to not wholly fade from the public spotlight.
Questions/Comments/Concerns: For all intents and purposes, Danceria is a modernized version of Middle-Earth somehow successfully blended with Final Fantasy. Which means that which is fantastical (such as dragons, magic, and improbably coloured hairdo) is very much common back home. However, such fantasy-tech will not be utilized because I came here to have a good time, not stroke my ego.

R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Personality/Biography:
House Solidor is synonymous with exceptionalism, as well as ambition. Carving out and maintaining their own kingdom at the borderlands between two mighty empires, Vayne Carudas Solidor exemplifies the energy, charisma, and ambition needed to continue to see Archades prosper.

His younger brother, Larsa, on the other hand, does not seem to hold that ambition. Preferring conversations on books, and proper government, he seems more intent on ruling well rather than seizing power to rule.

Like the king, he’s a bit of a conversationalist wallflower, though slightly more prone to extroversion and verbosity than the calm and concise Aceus. Having attended prestigious international schools, Larsa displays a sense of maturity not found in most his age. However, this doesn’t mean he can’t, or won’t, use his verbose vocabulary to snark and sass his way through a conversation.
Date of Arrival: He has arrived with His Majesty of Danceria some days prior to the festival in order to acquaint themselves both with the city and with one another. The young Prince of Archades has expressed a desire to become a Grand Ambassador, and has shown some promise. A few days in Montreal with the former Grand Ambassador turned King would prove most enlightening.
Length of Stay: While His Majesty must depart on the 22nd, the Prince Larsa may be persuaded to stay under certain circumstances.

National Information
Representing: The Ancient House of Solidor, Principality of Archades, United Kingdoms of Danceria.

Security Information
Ceremonial Weapons: N/A, In Danceria, one must use a weapon or whatever is given to them. Nothing is used for “just show”.

Optional Information
Dislikes: Those who don’t use knowledge, those who try to use their power or station to abuse others.
IC Thoughts On The Event: “A bit chilly, but the first time I have enjoyed Christmastide outside of Danceria...I look forward to it.”
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: “Say what you will about Aceus Elurion, but he has served Danceria as a Grand Ambassador. To endear myself to him would allow me to gain a great deal of experience, his being the Monarch notwithstanding. Contrary to popular gossip rags, I am not acquainted with Madam Erika, His Majesty’s daughter. I have the sneaking suspicion she may find me “overly-talkative and foppish”.”
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: Larsa is going to be the next generation of Dancerian Leadership, so he might as well get some publicity.

Ooh, another NSG vet. I'll get around to your app soon.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Karevka
Envoy

Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Karevka » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:00 pm

Whew that is a lat of guests. Many RP opportunities await.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:20 pm

Bruneian Malaya wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Haji Farid Bolkiah
Full Title: 12th Sultan and Yang di-Pertuan of Bruneian Malaya, Great Emperor of the Malays
Appearance: (Image)
Marital Status: Married
Date of Birth and Age: July 7, Age 34
Personality/Biography:
Born Farid Bolkiah on July 7, 1877; he was the eldest son of then crown prince, Ghalib Mansur Bolkiah and Ghalib's first wife, Salwa Masuda Bolkiah. He had seventeen siblings all in all, and entered school at a young age. As soon a he finished his studies at age 29, a marriage was arranged between the young prince and Princess Fatin Jinan Kiram of the Sultanate of Sulu. The princess initially objected to the marriage, but over time the two supposedly grew to be a happy couple. Farid had also been known to have completed his hajj soon after this, and had "Haji" added to his name.

After completing Hajj, the prince was appointed the Governor of Negaraselatan; a large and rich, yet unruly province of Bruneian Malaya. Plagued by separatists formed from Malay settlers who had developed a distinct culture over time away from Malaya, Haji Farid made it his mission to crush dissent and resolidify the empire's hold on the province. He commenced a complete overhaul of the officials that governed Negaraselatan, particularly those rumored to either be corrupt or harbor separatist sentiment; and replaced them with the most fervent Malay nationalists and loyalists from the educated upper class in Negaraselatan. He also began to crack down on certain student organizations in various schools and colleges that advocated greater autonomy or even entertained the idea that citizens of Negaraselatan were culturally distinct, and encouraged the creation of youth organizations that advocated Pan-Malay nationalism and loyalty to Bruneian Malaya instead. Non-Islamic religions, such as forms of animism brought to the lands by Moluccan immigrants, experienced suppression as well alongside native aboriginal belief systems; in an effort to strengthen cultural unity with the Malay Archipelago. Marxism also experienced suppression in Negaraselatan. These policies continued for about four or five more years, when Sultan Raiz Zafar Bolkiah I died and Ghalib Mansur abstained from the throne. This called for Haji Farid to return to Kota Batu and assume the throne as the 12th Sultan of Bruneian Malaya.

Upon assuming the throne, Haji Farid Bolkiah I made sure to replace every major official across the empire; especially those closest to the throne. All of his grandfather's old advisors and officials were immediately dismissed, and replaced with the most zealous and loyal administrators the Sultan could find from his network. He made sure that many of the officials were easily replaced, and had no way of creating income without the gold provided by the Sultan himself. He was also swift to dismantle industrial monopolies, citing market stimulation as reasons for such; although it is suspected that the Sultan simply did not trust having wealthy bourgeoisie have more money than himself. Non-Islamic religious institutions and dhimmi citizens were also taxed heavily, and conversion to Islam was highly encouraged. Languages other than Malay and Arabic were also highly discouraged, and were not taught beyond private universities. Like his predecessor, Haji Farid Bolkiah I also practiced militaristic policies and displayed ambitions to unite Malaya by annexing portions of the archipelago not yet under Bruneian Malaya. However, unlike his predecessor; Haji Farid Bolkiah also expressed a desire to annex the Sultanate of Sulu and annex desired provinces from Ayuthayya, both of which have been historically considered allies of Bruneian Malaya.
Date of Arrival: Immediately
Length of Stay: 10 days

National Information
Nationality: Bruneian Malayan
Representing: The Kesultanan Empayar Besar of Bruneian Malaya, of the Royal House of Bolkiah
National/Royal Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-v4-l8T0RM

Security Information
Security Detail: 9 Royal Guards and a Translator
Security Armaments: Standard Issue Rifle with bayonet and Standard Issue Pistol
Ceremonial Weapons: Royal Keris Blade and Royal Revolver

Optional Information
Likes: Sunni Islam, Malays, Malay culture, Beef, Shrimp, Chocolates, Mangoes
Dislikes: Other Religions including Shia Islam, Industrial Monopolies, The LGBTQ Community, Separatists, Chicken, Alcohol, Haram food, Marxists, Ilonggos, Tagalogs, Negaraselatanese Separatists
Hobbies: Wargames, History, Martial Arts
IC Thoughts On The Event: We do not celebrate whatever it is they are celebrating here, but it is a good opportunity for diplomatic relations.
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: To strengthen diplomatic relations with other attendees' nations.
OOC Thoughts On The Event: Good opportunity to bring Bruneian Malaya into an RP.
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: You invited me.
Questions/Comments/Concerns: Number of days may or may not change depending on schedule.

Application Accepted

All clear.

Danceria wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Personality/Biography:

National Information

Security Information

Optional Information

Application Accepted

All clear. Your humility in lore is very much appreciated.

Danceria wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Personality/Biography:

National Information

Security Information

Optional Information

Application Accepted

All clear.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:22 pm

Karevka wrote:Whew that is a lat of guests. Many RP opportunities await.

Mhm. Once the IC thread gets filled I hope many nations will come together.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:29 pm

Oh yes, this week is exams week for most college/university users, therefore I expect activity to be low for the next couple of days. Don't worry, we have plenty ahead of us.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:59 pm

There’s my post. Sorry if it seems a little hastily made, because it was. I was on my way to something.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:19 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Not to be outdone, the British decided to come in absolute splendour and style, showing off bright new (disarmed) military planes releasing firework missiles across the city, in the shape and colours of the British flag, as a large airshow began in Montreal, with James Hormet and his guards paratrooping in, wearing specially-made jackets to look like shooting stars. The show, whilst expensive, showed off both the power and wealth of the Empire to the international community. But that wasn't the end of it, no. To greet the Emperor at his site, the most esteemed musicians across the country formed an orchestra to create a truly ground-shaking, impressive composition, with a flotilla of golden and diamond cars to escort the Emperor to the palace, where he took off his airsuit to reveal a shining imperial coat wielding every gem from black diamond to alexandrite, each one cut to atomic perfection, shining the flood lights which had been placed atop the cars. Under it he wore an impressive suit, made of the finest fabric and linens of the day, with a Musgravite-plated watch on top as his left hand wielded one of the largest jewels in the world, known as the British benoite, a benoite able to shine a million times more than a diamond, atop a scepter as his right revealed a sharp greatsword with made from a mixture of every known gemstone in the world. It was truly glorious.

... Wow, um, I'm glad Quebecois authorities were notified in advance about this.
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Zolkova
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Zolkova » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:33 pm

R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Kolya Saletsky
Full Title: Deputy Foreign Minister of Zolkova
Appearance: Blue-eyed and square-jawed with thick jet black hair.
Date of Birth and Age: 39-years-old
Personality/Biography: Has an easy-going personality about him.
Length of Stay: Until the main ceremony is over.
Do You Agree To Respect Quebecois Laws and Customs?: Yes

National Information
Nationality: Zolkovan
Representing: Zolkova
National/Royal Anthem: Zolkovan National Anthem

Security Information
Security Detail: Two personal security guards.
Security Armaments: Standard police pistols.
Ceremonial Weapons: None

Optional Information
IC Thoughts On The Event: Zolkova's current presidential administration is trying to establish greater diplomatic ties. They're looking for any advantage available.
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: Garnering good will among the international community while simultaneously trying to drum up some new economic partners.
OOC Thoughts On The Event: Excited and ready to mingle.
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: To find RP partners.

R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Pter Myshkin
Full Title: Minister of Energy
Appearance: Considerably older, with expensive gold-rimmed spectacles and a shock of receding snowy white hair. Has a noticeable paunch and seems to always be frowning. His face is somewhat reminiscent of a sleepy grouper's.
Marital Status: Divorced
Date of Birth and Age: 66-years-old
Personality/Biography: A reserved older gentleman with deep ties in the oil industry. A former business colleague of Zolkovan's President Krovopuskov and a current millionaire.

National Information

Security Information
Security Detail: Two bodyguards.

Jerno
Envoy

Founded: Jul 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jerno » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:03 pm

Jerno wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Giorgio Annolo
Full Title: The Most High Royal King, His Majesty Of the House Of Annolo King Of the Socialist Colonial Kingdom of Jerno
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/00/a2/eb ... 01481c.jpg
Date of Birth and Age: March 13, 37
Personality/Biography: Born in the House Of Annolo he was the son of the previous king Jerar Annolo. As a young boy he showed intelligence and a high interest in politics and business. He was extremely successful in school and studied abroad in the USA and Great Britain. There he learned how to speak English and French. At age 19 his father suddenly got sick and was unable to get his health back and died from a stroke, following his fathers death Giorgio was proclaimed King of the nation. During his fathers reign Jerno wasn’t commonly known in the international community, Giorgio changed that.
He constructed schools, bridges, Hospitals, and other public buildings. He modernized the Armed Forces Of the Kingdom as well making them more powerful as well. Airlines,Shipping, and commerce quickly flourished in Jerno for his efforts, and the military became one of the most powerful in the world. Now Jerno is at its highest peak of prosperity and growing constantly as well.
Length of Stay: 2 weeks

National Information
Nationality: Jernoan
Representing: Jerno
National/Royal Anthem: Optional - The Orchestra of Quebec may play your national/royal anthem.

Security Information
Security Detail: 5
Security Armaments: Jernoan made TK-60; (assault rifles)
Ceremonial Weapons: Two Kopesh

Optional Information
Dislikes: {Enter Your Answer Here}
Hobbies: {Enter Your Answer Here}
IC Thoughts On The Event: {Enter Your Answer Here}
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: {Enter Your Answer Here}
OOC Thoughts On The Event: Extremely Interesting
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: Thought that it will be good for the King to visit a foreign country by doing so he’s making history by being the first king to do so in over 2000 years
Questions/Comments/Concerns: Is there a port nearby if so can Giorgio com in the JRNS Constantine its a Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carrier. If not that’s okay as well and he can land in a plane.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:49 pm

Jerno wrote:
Jerno wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Title: The Most High Royal King, His Majesty Of the House Of Annolo King Of the Socialist Colonial Kingdom of Jerno
Personality/Biography: Born in the House Of Annolo he was the son of the previous king Jerar Annolo. As a young boy he showed intelligence and a high interest in politics and business. He was extremely successful in school and studied abroad in the USA and Great Britain. There he learned how to speak English and French. At age 19 his father suddenly got sick and was unable to get his health back and died from a stroke, following his fathers death Giorgio was proclaimed King of the nation. During his fathers reign Jerno wasn’t commonly known in the international community, Giorgio changed that.
He constructed schools, bridges, Hospitals, and other public buildings. He modernized the Armed Forces Of the Kingdom as well making them more powerful as well. Airlines,Shipping, and commerce quickly flourished in Jerno for his efforts, and the military became one of the most powerful in the world. Now Jerno is at its highest peak of prosperity and growing constantly as well.

National Information
National/Royal Anthem: Optional - The Orchestra of Quebec may play your national/royal anthem.

Security Information

Optional Information
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: Thought that it will be good for the King to visit a foreign country by doing so he’s making history by being the first king to do so in over 2000 years
Questions/Comments/Concerns: Is there a port nearby if so can Giorgio com in the JRNS Constantine its a Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carrier. If not that’s okay as well and he can land in a plane.

Sorry. Going over it now. Thank you for reminding me. You have my permission to go ahead and post without being on the guest list.
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

The Gristolian Imperium
Attaché

Founded: Nov 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gristolian Imperium » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:20 pm

Hey! First, I am sorry but I slightly misread the rules regarding the IC length of the RP. So, if there is no issue, instead of only staying four days (4th to the 8th) I will stay till the end of the ball. I can update my app.

Second, per my last post, do you have anymore details about our housing accommodations for the month. Is it kinda like a hotel, or is it a different set up? Does the building have a name?

Third, this was just a casual idea, but what if maybe sometime this month we had a casual side party? Nothing official but maybe just a meet and greet in order to have some of the characters to initially meet each other. It might be nice for those who are visiting the city a before the ball.

Karevka
Envoy

Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Karevka » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:26 pm

The Gristolian Imperium wrote:Hey! First, I am sorry but I slightly misread the rules regarding the IC length of the RP. So, if there is no issue, instead of only staying four days (4th to the 8th) I will stay till the end of the ball. I can update my app.

Second, per my last post, do you have anymore details about our housing accommodations for the month. Is it kinda like a hotel, or is it a different set up? Does the building have a name?

Third, this was just a casual idea, but what if maybe sometime this month we had a casual side party? Nothing official but maybe just a meet and greet in order to have some of the characters to initially meet each other. It might be nice for those who are visiting the city a before the ball.

That sounds like a fine idea. Also, you still processing a lot of RSVPs Quebec?

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:37 pm

The Gristolian Imperium wrote:Hey! First, I am sorry but I slightly misread the rules regarding the IC length of the RP. So, if there is no issue, instead of only staying four days (4th to the 8th) I will stay till the end of the ball. I can update my app.

It's almost identical to a hotel. For reference, think of a royalized Château Champlain. I derived inspiration from the French Versailles Palace and Austrian architecture, so thereso if you need more imagery. As for the actual name of the building, it appears in French on the map under "Setting". Hôtel de Ville, in English, Village Hotel (dating back to when Montreal was village).

As for events, I'm planning some side encounters to go through the weekend. Right now I'm in the process of officializing an optional "meet & greet" with the orchestra that will be playing for the ball and the Chief Conductor, and I'm hoping to pile most of the leaders together so that they can interact. This will take place Friday through Sunday.

The first few days were destined to be messy with the... "creative liberties" certain nations took to make their entrance. Don't worry, by Friday or Saturday, everything will be much more organised and regimental for those who want it, while still enjoying the complimentary freedoms of writing your own character-driven story in Montreal.

Also, since this is MT, feel free to use real tourist guides and reference real restaurants, etc...
Karevka wrote:That sounds like a fine idea. Also, you still processing a lot of RSVPs Quebec?

Oh yes, work is piling on, but I think I can manage.
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:27 pm

So I'll just assume Hotel de Ville is the default stay?

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:28 pm

New Event

Romalov's Event
On December 6th through December 7th, all guests can look to assemble in the ballroom to take a gander at the magnificent architectural spectacle set before them. Fit only for royalty, the ballroom will be fully furnished as to appear during the festive Winter Ball itself. Furthermore, guests can look forward into meeting a key handful of members of the National Orchestra who will be performing for you throughout the night. Front & centre, get close and personal with Romalov Landre, Chief Conductor of the orchestra and one of Quebec's many young musical prodigies, as he takes you on a journey through the musical history of Quebec and acquaints you with the bright ballroom setting.

Who: All International Guests and State Representatives (NO LOCALS)
When: December 6 - December 7 [Afternoon, Eastern Standard Time]
Where: Royal Ballroom, 1st Floor, Village Hotel
What: Tour of the Royal Ballroom, Meet the Conductor
Dress: Business Formal / Semi-Formal
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:29 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:So I'll just assume Hotel de Ville is the default stay?

That's right. After two days of inactivity your characters are automatically returned to the Hotel.
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:48 pm

Jerno wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information

National Information

Security Information

Optional Information

Conditional Pass

Please either tone down the Constantine to a super-yacht, or something less militarized. Alternatively, re-write history to arrive in a private jet or something along those lines.

Zolkova wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Kolya Saletsky
Full Title: Deputy Foreign Minister of Zolkova
Appearance: Blue-eyed and square-jawed with thick jet black hair.
Date of Birth and Age: 39-years-old
Personality/Biography: Has an easy-going personality about him.

National Information

Security Information
Security Detail: Two personal security guards.

Optional Information
IC Thoughts On The Event: Zolkova's current presidential administration is trying to establish greater diplomatic ties. They're looking for any advantage available.
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: Garnering good will among the international community while simultaneously trying to drum up some new economic partners.
OOC Thoughts On The Event: Excited and ready to mingle.
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: To find RP partners.

R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Pter Myshkin
Full Title: Minister of Energy
Appearance: Considerably older, with expensive gold-rimmed spectacles and a shock of receding snowy white hair. Has a noticeable paunch and seems to always be frowning. His face is somewhat reminiscent of a sleepy grouper's.
Marital Status: Divorced
Date of Birth and Age: 66-years-old
Personality/Biography: A reserved older gentleman with deep ties in the oil industry. A former business colleague of Zolkovan's President Krovopuskov and a current millionaire.

National Information

Security Information
Security Detail: Two bodyguards.

Application Accepted

Do you have any audio to go with your national anthem? Otherwise I can't add it to the setlist.
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:08 am

also important:

the third post in this thread is now an announcement archive (viewtopic.php?p=36486676#p36486676). if you ever not feel like thralling through page after page of OOC dribble and just want to get to the important stuff, you can go there. The most recent event announcement is also up there.

1 more thing

I need a co-op pls
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates