NATION

PASSWORD

Party House Murders II (A Sequel) (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Party House Murders II (A Sequel) (IC)

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:32 pm

BZZZTT....

"He's going for the goal! He's-"

BZZZTT....

"Today we will be cooking up some souffles with-"

BZZZTT....

"And now back to our regular scheduled programming of Unsolved Crimes. Hosted by Horton Rivers."

"A story that had rocked the nation in a storm! Incited a hysteria on a traditional holiday! On Halloween in 1998, a brutal mass murder occurred in a quiet small town of Simon Creek in Maine, United States. When authorities arrived, came an aftermath of a tale of bizarre senseless violence and a loss of some of Simon Creek High School's known students. All happening in a house of horrors. The Vanderbilt Manor. The manor was built during the times of the Puritans. As time past by, it became a well-known summer holiday house for merchants. However, it had earned a reputation when in 1889, a double murder was committed inside the home. Since then, the house has been in a state of vacancy and murder. A high profile murder occurred in 1967 with the familicide of John Vanderbilt and his family. For years, the local teenagers of Simon Creek, along with several locals would nickname the Vanderbilt Manor, calling it "The Bloody Shack."

"Despite the stories of murders and decades of being abandoned, some town youngsters would dare each other to enter the building. Due to the lack of murders, the atmosphere of the Bloody Shack was less tense. Many would still say that the house is haunted by the ghosts of the Vanderbilt family, among others. The focus of the Bloody Shack was more of a landmark to be eaten by termites, until the events of 1998 Halloween."

"At the death toll of 11 people, the night of partying at an abandoned mansion turned into terror when two murderous killers posing as teenagers wracked havoc and bloodshed on the party goers. Lily Hills, a high school student, along with April Oberlin, committed a spree killing within the old mansion. By the testimony of the only 2 survivors of this massacre, there were two murder sprees happening at once. Both had no clue that the other were planning to commit atrocities. While the motives and reasons for Lily's part in the murders are unknown, it is said that April Oberlin had already confessed her involvement towards both survivors before she had deliberately spared them. Among those killed was Lucy Gallagher, where it was explained that she was killed by basketball player Kier Leon, for reasons unknown though it could have been due to Lucy being under suspicion of being one of the killers."

"April Oberlin is currently at large to this day. After police arrived at the scene of the Bloody Shack, both of Oberlin's parents were found brutally murdered. Even after Halloween ended, there had been a string of mutilated bodies that began to crop up from the state of Maine towards neighboring states. Police have been baffled, where while they do have some confirmations that Oberlin is responsible for several confirmed victims, they are unaware to determine how she has managed to evade police during these killings."

"Today, the Bloody Shack is no more. The negative reputation established by the murder site had soured the town. After the 1999 Halloween scare, the town council along with approval from both the governor of Maine and overall public opinion had the Bloody Shack commissioned to be demolished. Emptied from it's ancient furniture and items of value possibly worth hundreds to thousands, the Bloody Shack had been destroyed via a demolition crew. When interviewed about the demolishment of the mansion, a worker had claimed the following:

"It's weird. We had to do it the hard way, because how unnaturally sturdy the place was. We had a guy in a wrecking ball to knock it down, but the walls barely budged. It was something we nearly had to demolish by hand, but at least we still managed to find ways to take it down in the end. What's uncomfortable was that we put in some explosives in the place. We thought it will help with some of our fleeting patience. However, after we detonated the explosives and the smoke cleared, the whole structure just remained standing. It was like whatever was once in the house didn't want it destroyed."

"The current whereabouts of April Oberlin are still unknown. Murders are occasionally linked to her across the Eastern United States, however due to her elusive nature, we may never know of if she's really still killing. This is Horton Rivers and another episode of Unsolved Crimes."

CLICK

"....I brought it back. To it's rightful place. Even after all the hatred they give me. I will not stand down. Maggots. Just maggots I see. Not even Hell would want me. But I managed to do something about it."

"The descent.”

Party House Murders II: Curse of the Carballal Estate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Drf5k ... rt_radio=1 Theme

July 15th, 2000
5:00 PM
Eterna Key, Florida, United States

Across the glittering waters was a single ferry, as it cruised towards the island not far from the coast of Pickering, Florida. For mostly everyone, the Eterna Key was the subject of the infamous Carballal Estate. Stories of death and despair seem to brew from it like wildfire. But for a bunch of high school kids who are enjoying their summer break, the talk about a party with a promised reward to whoever stays in the Carballal Estate the longest. The reward of money isn't new, but for many students in Pickering High School, this was coming from Scott Houghton of all people. Scott Houghton was probably one of the most infamous students in Pickering High, where even though everyone knew he was rich, due to his job being a movie director, he was a complete psychopath from his peers.

There were an abundance of incidents with Scott involved, from bullying kids to behaving violently, there was a large rumor going on that Scott's father was bribing teachers to keep him in school. When news of a party appeared with Scott trying to invite the whole school during the summer, lots of people made the smart decision of declining. Mainly most kids declined simply because the party was hosted by Scott, others because they didn't want to get into trouble, and the paranormal believers due to the stories of Carballel Estate.

However, some decided to go to the party, either by boredom or to obtain the prize that Scott promises. Now, roughly 16 teenagers were on their way to Eterna Key. The dock was getting visible, though as the island gotten closer, there was a strange vibe in the air. Was it the paranoid feeling about what happened in Carballal Estate, or was it just butterflies in the stomach?

Spencer Hopkins snapped some photos from his cameras, as he saw the island in front of him, flashes appearing in front of him, looking like some sort of tourist. Like most of the kids staying at the Carballal Estate, he brought his backpack that was meant for school, due he had already told his parents he was going to stay at the Estate for most likely overnight, like some sort of demented sleepover. Patrick Walker was reading quietly from his pocket bible, where he was whispering to himself quotes from the Bible. "We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one." Patrick whispered to himself, where he was trying to bring some comfort.

Victoria Brooks looked out of the window of the ferry, as she let out a sigh. She didn't want to do Scott's stupid party, but a lot of some other random students decided to tag along with his idea. Plus, she wanted some breathing room from her parents, since they had been trying to force her to do another tennis scholarship program, despite the fact she doesn't want to do anything related to sports. Julia Stone was reading the Goblet of Fire, which she grabbed from her backpack, among some other books she planned on reading at the Carballal Estate. Julia had read Harry Potter books before, though she was getting a bit invested in the story, seeing the book was only released a couple days ago, as the ferry was already near the dock.

A ferry worker, who helped put up the walkway to the dock, gave a rather uncomfortable looks at several of the teenagers. Spencer Hopkins noticed this, as he was carrying his stuff, though the worker didn't say a word. Leaving the ferry, Spencer saw the sight of the island in front of him. The island was almost beautiful. The mainland was still visible from Eterna Key, but the island itself looked like it belonged in a new region. Palm trees were lining the tropical forests of the island, as the calm waves splashed on the white-tan sand near the dock. There was a small road in front of the dock, where several arrows were picking left from the dock. "Inn" and "Casty Cove" were the only signs pointing left. A third arrow sign that was in a state of rot from being made out of wood was pointing the complete opposite direction. Somewhat obvious, the sign led to Carballal Estate, if one could squint and see the writing on the dilapidated sign.

It didn't seem so bad, Spencer thought. It was going to be a short walk to the Estate. Along the way, it was most likely that some people would mingle with him.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:46 am

Moments before docking...

Stansfield Lee

A stern-looking teenager with dark hair and green eyes stood on the deck of the ferry. The wind blew against him, causing his dark hair to fly around as he observed the landscape of Eterna Key growing closer and closer at a distance. Stansfield Lee wore a green tank top, his arms were tanned and slightly muscular.

Why do I have the feeling I'm going to regret this...

"Hey Stans," someone from behind him called out. "I didn't expect to see you here. Didn't think it was your scene."

Stansfield turned around, he saw that it was Mort Winters. Mort was a scrawny pale-skinned teen; he had very messy dark hair and a tall nose. Mort was dressed casually enough, with a blue t shirt with an eagle logo on it, a pair of green jeans, and a pair of white sneakers.

Mort and Stansfield were in the same year but they were part of a different crowd so they rarely interacted before this, Stansfield was all academics and student government... Mort hung around in the art lounge.

Pickering High had all the symptoms of a typical Floridian public school... large AF class sizes and fiercely divided cliques.

Still, Stansfield didn't think too badly of Mort.

"It's not yours either," Stansfield said.

"I asked first," Mort said, smiling gently. "Why're you here?"

"Fair enough," Stansfield said. "I'll cut straight to it. I'm strapped for cash. My parents could use the money."

"So you're joining this big bad party just to earn your family some cash?" Mort asked, wide-eyed. He knew Stansfield was a serious dude but this was the most noble thing he'd heard in a while.

"You take issue with that?"

"Nah," Mort said, shrugging, his expression still friendly. "It's all cool. Respect to you dude. I like that, you're a straight guy, always."

Stansfield was curious now. "Why are you here then?"

"Me," Mort said, he too turned to gaze out unto the island. "I want to see if the stories are true or not."

"It's all bullshit," Stansfield said firmly.

"We'll see," Mort said. "But one thing's for sure Stans, if there are bad ghosts out there, I'll protect you."

"Sure sure," Stansfield said, smirking.

"A hahaha haha," Mort laughed. Stansfield grinned as well.

I'm more concerned about what that idiot and bully Scott is going to pull to be honest...

Mary-Anne Paris

In another part of the ferry, two young girls, Mary-Anne Paris and Rachel Coulter were seated.

Mary-Anne was the more striking of the two. Mary-Anne had long, red hair and large red lips. She had a waistline and large breasts and is considered a beauty queen at Pickering High. Mary-Anne wore a black sleeveless top that leaves very little to the imagination to the male gaze (there is considerable, but incomplete cleavage showing). She wore a short red dress and a pair of brown leather boots.

Mary-Anne was a highly attractive girl but something about her face was slightly off, it was as if there were slight traces of pure villainy written across her face. When she smiled, it was a bit crooked and her eyes gleamed in a slightly cruel light.

"You think you'll get to fuck him?" Rachel asked crudely. As Mary-Anne's "right hand," Rachel was a brown-haired woman with a tough-looking face. She wore a somewhat tasteless pale blue dress; it wasn't the best fit with her highly athletic build due to he status as a girl's volleyball captain.

"Who knows," Mary-Anne replied, smirking. "I could score a few points higher today."

She glanced at the rest of the people on the ferry; Mary-Anne kept a fair distance from them, as if considering herself superior.

Victoria isn't a serious threat... Julia... MEH. Clarissa? Nah, she's too masculine. Ashley... hmmm maybe I should watch out. Ava... NAH.

Mary-Anne was highly competitive... even with her established status as a beauty queen at Pickering High, she was already scouting out the competition like the evil queen from Snow White. In fact, she had taken her self-assigned mission to score with Scott so seriously that she'd bothered to look up all the other girls before coming here, even the people not from her class.

"My chances are better than this lot wouldn't you say?" Mary-Anne said.

"Oh DEFINITELY," Rachel said sycophantically.

"Remember our deal Rachel," Mary-Anne whispered. "You help me get Scott, I make sure you get paid really really well."

"Sure thing."

At last the ferry reached the dock. It was time to disembark.

All of the passengers were disembarking, all 16 teens.

Mort Winters stood close to Stansfield Lee. Mary-Anne and Rachel hung towards the back.

There was an air of excitement, anticipation, and suspense as everyone stepped unto the legendary island.

Stansfield looked particularly grim. He had a very very bad feeling about all of this...
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:48 am, edited 9 times in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:43 am

Hunter Kirby
Hunter Kirby set took off his backpack and opened it. He was checking to make sure he had his gear. He went through, mentally checking off rope, a flashlight, Swiss Army Knife, an old film camera, a battered General Electric micro-cassette recorder with a small mike, a notebook, boltcutters, a set of screwdrivers, a pen, and spare batteries. He wasn't here to party. He was here to investigate, and prove his theory that the decrepit mansion was actually a government facility being used to study ETs, and using the curse as cover. He planned to get proof, and share it with the public. He pocketed the micro-cassette recorder, clipped the flashlight to his belt, and wrapped the rope around his waist. The Swiss Army Knife went into a pocket, along with the notebook. He pulled the mike up through his shirt and clipped it to the collar. He patted his waistband, where he had a small hunting knife concealed, just to be sure he still had it. He wore the camera on a carry strap. He left the compact bolt cutters and screwdriver set in the backpack, zipped it up, and slung it over one shoulder. He was ready to prove his theory.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:04 pm

Daylon Swartz

Daylon sat in a corner straightening his Fedora and swiping off any dirt that may be on it. He purposefully separated himself from the rest of the group, or at least the best he could be on a barge of its size. Unfortunately for him he still had to rub elbows with the gaijin jocks and whores around him and this was a fact that caused him much discomfort ready to receive a put down from one of the degenerates. It wasn't that he hated them, no he couldn't think of hating someone truly, he just knew that they hated him and so it would be best to treat them as they did. Those in his position we're certainly 'cooler' than the supposedly popular kids, but he would appreciate if they reached out a bit more and had a bit more solidarity with the other outcasts. The barge docked on the island and Daylon stepped out looking around at his surroundings. It reminded him of an obscure anime he had watched, "Obakeyashi gyakusatsu" or as it was dubbed,"Haunted House Massacre". He could only hope that this encounter would not end the same way that anime rolled out. If it did however he was sure he'd survive. He had watched enough horror anime to survive any encounter.
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:15 pm

Ashley

Ashley Lyons had been sitting on the front of the ferry, rather disinterested with the goings on of the rest of the boat. A bunch of nerds and geeks if you asked her. She was only here because she needed the extra cash to help pay for a car. It was the first time in her life that her parents hadn't just given her something and it burned her inside knowing it. Tonight, she'd win the cash, and get her dream ride with it...

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:01 am

Sound Track

Amon Day

In this particular time in a particular place there lay a particular man whose name was simply Amon. A strange, sad, but also mildly disturbing creature who who carried with him a heart full of wroth and a fistfull of violence wherever he went and wherever he was. A strange lad as mentioned standing at only 5'0 even with a rather stocky but solid appearance, bronze skin and hair as red as blood he was an odd sight to be sure. His clothes were rather anachronistic a denim jacket with denim jeans and cowboy boots and belt all with a backpack full of spares and some clothes for he knew he might be here a while. On his left should he carried a bat and his pocket a baseball, in his right was a small stack of books held together with a rope. "Grapes of Wrath" "One Hundred years of solitude", "Lord of the Flies", etc. All this would help keep himself entertained and sane in this dumb little challenge which he was kicking himself in the foot for even accepting.

His personality and inclinations were quite dark. Though proud he was self critical. Though hungry he was uncommitted. Though angry he was rudderless with nowhere to direct it towards. For him this world and in particular this piece of it was as a whole full of s*** with men and women full of fake smiles with fake ambitions and fake concerns and fake cares all abound. Everyone was a fake. For a young man like himself who viewed the Nietzschean Ubermensch as the highest ideal for a man to achieve It disgusted him. The depravity of the whole thing it sickened him to the core. The sad thing about it was he wasn't much better. Just to get by in this world without mercy he too had to wear a mask and cloak himself in shadows never truly revealing his nature to all around. He was a man out of time, a rebel without a cause, a ship without a rudder. He had little to live for and not much to fight for except bare animalistic survival. For this he hated himself and so he tended to lash out sometimes verbally oftentimes violently. This has earned him a rather deserved reputation for violent conduct only punctuated by a now sealed juvenile criminal record.

The trip on the boat was an unpleasant one he got motion sickness and attempts at reading a book only accelerated that. Only via napping was he able to overcome it but by doing so nearly missed his stop. Now awakened and still half nauseous young Amon found himself in a rather poor mood. When the boat finally came to dock and he observed all around him he was rather unimpressed. Nothing in particular stood out, the beaches were filled with sand and there were trees everywhere. Sure it was a bit tropical but this being south Florida that wasn't something that was strange to him. Not wanting to wait around and preferring to be away and off Amon was to be one of the first off the boat making his way straight to the estate in a characteristically fast stride that he was known for not really paying much attention to those around and near him.

And so it begins
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:29 am

The Group

Victoria got off of the ferry, as she took a glimpse at Mary-Anne and her enforcer Rachel. "Sluts." Victoria thought, as she carried along her backpack. Victoria looked around the island in front of her. It was quiet. Only the sounds of seagulls flying nearby were the ambiance of the arrival to Eterna Key. "The popular hoes decided to show up. God help us all, if there is one." she even to think, as the group started to follow the right path.

"I heard stories about this place. From what I heard, the architecture for one of the houses at the Carballel Estate is stunning. A mix between American Craftsmen and Art Deco." Julia said to the group, as they walked along the path. "Hadn't really been here before. Been here for two months and I hadn't really learned too much of the place. Aside for the obvious murder and stuff that happened here. But I think it's a superstition."
"As one of the many, if not all people who knows about Scott, the fact that he been living here and hadn't died yet is a mystery." Spencer said, as the path started to turn, leading towards the middle of the island. Among the tropical types of trees with coconuts and fruit hanging above, Spencer who was in the front of the group saw something in front of him.

"Guys, I think I see it up ahead!" Spencer said, as one of the houses of the Carballel Estate loomed in the distance. From far away, the mansion stood out as a sore thumb. The house, being as Julia said, looked like a hybrid against two different types of architecture. The mansion was in a pristine color of white, where the two large windows on the second floor in front of the house stared back at the group, as it came into their view. A large chimney, looking like it was made out of bleached white rocks was visible on the top of the roof. Someone was already coming out of the mansion, where it seemed to be some random well-dressed man. Was that Scott? No, this man was much older. In his 40's perhaps. He was leaving through the front door towards the unfitting black iron spiked gates.

"Who's that?" Victoria said, as she saw the man as well. "Wait? How rich is Scott? I heard about him, but I didn't realize he's this rich?" Julia asked, as Patrick started to grip his bible. "A sinner like him living in a gilded house of dark is somewhat concerning." Patrick said, which attracted the attention of Victoria. "You think? Is that book of yours is going to help?"
"I already sinned. I didn't know if I should have brought something to repeal the sins from everyone else. But it looks like some are beyond saving." Patrick eyed several students, mainly Mary-Anne in the group.

"That's a bit ominous." Victoria asked him, as she was getting weirded out by this bible boy. "The lord should help me for the night. Though, I don't think I will be able to get the money." Patrick said, as Spencer went up to the gates, where the man was. "Uhh? Where's Scott?" Spencer said, as he started to realize that the man was actually a butler. "Mr. Houghton had requested that food is provided to all of you. He has also requested that all of the staff be forced to not attend the manor, unless Houghton gives us orders." the butler stated, as he helped get the gates wide open. "I should have brought a dollar to tip you. Sorry that your master is an asshole." Spencer said, wondering about the mischief that the butler had to face. "I do not criticize Mr. Houghton." the butler said sternly, as Spencer went through the gates, as the butler stood near them.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:45 am

Mort Winters

As Mort took part in the walk to Carballal Estate, he could not help but feel incredibly hyped up.

WOW this island... it's FANTASTIC!

He soaked in the beautiful scenery on either side of him as he walked; they didn't call this island a tropical paradise for no reason, the palm trees, the natural lighting, mixed with the tall grass and the flowers... it was PERFECTION.

As he kept walking, the pale teen decided to get out his silver camera. He re-adjusted his backpack so it tilted forward over his body...

"Hey Mort want me to hold your bag while-" Stansfield offered as they kept walking but Mort displayed quite a good balance as he managed to get the camera out all the while walking.

"Nah I'm good champ," Mort said cheerfully. His backpack was swiftly on his back again as he took aim with his fingers and started taking pictures of all of the natural scenery around him.

Mort was very practiced at photography, so he was able to take decently framed pictures while only pausing here and there, all the while keeping up with the group. Mort was having a great time and for a moment, he forgot all about the island's curse.

He didn't notice that Rachel and Mary-Anne were both looking at him with considerable distaste and disgust.

Stansfield Lee

Well somebody is enjoying himself...

Stansfield listened attentively as Julia Stone talked about the architecture of the house.

Somebody's done their homework...

Stansfield himself had also read up on the lore and history of the house. He didn't believe in ghosts himself, but he felt this foray on the island was important enough for him to do some research. If life had taught him anything, it was that fortune favoured those who prepared.

Still, he was privately impressed that Julia would take the extra step as well.

Mary-Anne Paris

The trek to Scott's mansion really wasn't very long, but it seemed an eternity to the impatient red-haired girl. She eyed the forests to the side with considerable distaste.

They must be filled with mosquitoes and who knows what else... YIKES...

The weather itself was rapidly becoming an annoyance to her. And what was with Mort's annoying photograph walk/dance?

"Want me to do something about it?" Rachel asked.

"Nah," Mary-Anne said. "Let the nerds be for now."

As the house came into view, she heard Spencer call out to the group.

Mary-Anne's eyes grew wide with greed as she noted the mansion. It was even BIGGER than she had dreamed of. A big house could mean only one thing... Scott was RICH AS A PRINCE!

I made the right decision to come.

As her eyes travelled throughout the structure of the house, she imagined the treasures and the artefacts that must be inside and she was filled with excitement.

OOOOO.... A BUTLER!

Mary-Anne herself had a servant at the house but this... this was a REAL actual butler. Someone properly uniformed, trained, and bought by old money. THE REAL DEAL. The type that came with the families that had both a Name and wealth.

Mary-Anne overheard Julia, Spencer, and Patrick's conversation. She was amused when Patrick referred to Scott as a sinner with wealth.

"This house... it's beautiful is it not?" she found herself saying out loud. "I think its great."

As if drawn to the butler and the house, she walked closer to the front of the group, with Rachel right behind.

Mort Winters

HOLY HELL!

Mort had been very excited on his brief trek to the house but now that he was here, he was stunned into a strange type of silence. For some reason, it occurred to him not to take any more photos and he put the camera away.

"What's this Mort?" Stansfield quipped. "You're not going to photograph this?"

"I dunno..." Mort said uneasily. "This house is beautiful but... I reckon if there are ghosts, they wouldn't like the clicks."

Mort put the camera back into the back and zipped it up. Then he turned his attention to the butler as well.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:48 am

Clarissa Leonard

Clarissa had not spoken a single word during the ferry ride up to Eterna Key, preferring to size up those around her. There were the girls she genuinely thought of as 'the whores,' a few geeks and various other forms of outcasts...the majority of the popular crowd had apparently decided that 'night in spooky house occupied by well-known jerk' wasn't something they fancied doing. However, Clarissa knew what she was here to do though, and she grinned as she thought about it: soon she was going to have her very own ghost, contained within a bottle she had designed for the purpose of containing it. Until the right time of course.

She walked with the rest of the group through the tropical paradise they'd arrived at, and even someone so set upon her purpose was took in by the beauty around her. Alarmingly however she was concerned: this wasn't the sort of location that ghosts tended to frequent as she knew very well...this seemed much too soft and innocent for something so glorious as the first recorded ghost bottling in world history. Her resolve was strong though: if there was a ghost, by all the gods it would find itself quickly bottled, and then she'd have its power to use as she wished.
The house drew into sight, and it must be admitted that it was an impressive one. The leonard family home was large and would generally be considered fairly opulent by the standards of middle-class America, the Leonard's were obviously 'well to do.' Tomasz Leonard, her father, was a respected engineer and earned a significant salary; his wife was the head teacher of a private school for children with 'special needs,' also earning significant wages. Scott however was...

Kieran leonard

"Rich, isn't he?" Kieran noted to his sister from where they walked near to the front of the group. The powerfully built basketball player walked beside Clarissa, always protective and very much aware of the reputation that she had gained with most of the other girls from Pickering high. Most of those girls however had learnt that her first response should they attempt to 'bully' her would be an immediate meeting with her very mean left hook. Kieran had met it before; it stung.
He had mainly come to keep an eye on his sister in her deranged attempt to 'bottle' a ghost, and besides...where their was Scott there was generally booze and drugs to enjoy.
"If so wealthy," Clarissa was asking him, "Why have his family not made the house more attractive a place? There's still the old bit that looks like it's falling down."
"Perhaps they like decrepit," Kieran laughed, "Or maybe the ghosts have a problem with remodelling and have refused planning permissions."
"They may ensure his death should he try," Clarissa hadn't got that Kieran was taking the piss and was, he knew, speaking totally seriously.
"Maybe," he said, shrugging his shoulders non-commitally…"Fucking hell really? Didn't know people still had butlers now."

They had reached the gates of the house, and Spencer's interaction with the butler...the man who Kieran believed likely had the worst job in the known world, was just over.
"I don't suppose that he also dictated that rum be provided?" he asked as they filed forward, "Oh...and don't worry about criticising Scott. I do it all the time."
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:20 am

Hunter Kirby
Hunter was one of the last off the ferry. He followed behind the others. He didn't like the idea of people being behind him. As he walked towards the mansion, he glanced around, checking for cameras and microphones. He clicked on his micro-cassette recorder, and spoke into the mike,"No sign of cameras, microphones, or other security devices yet. They must've done a good job of concealing them in the trees and plants." He reached the door to the mansion, and spoke into the mike,"I'm going inside." The butler let him in. Once he was past, he said,"Butler's probably a government operative. Probably got a handgun concealed in a pocket somewhere. I don't think he suspects me."
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:15 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Hunter Kirby
Hunter was one of the last off the ferry. He followed behind the others. He didn't like the idea of people being behind him. As he walked towards the mansion, he glanced around, checking for cameras and microphones. He clicked on his micro-cassette recorder, and spoke into the mike,"No sign of cameras, microphones, or other security devices yet. They must've done a good job of concealing them in the trees and plants." He reached the door to the mansion, and spoke into the mike,"I'm going inside." The butler let him in. Once he was past, he said,"Butler's probably a government operative. Probably got a handgun concealed in a pocket somewhere. I don't think he suspects me."

Mort Winters

Mort, who had been walking next to Stansfield, noticed what Hunter was doing.

“Hey it’s Hunter right?” the pale teen said. “I’m Mort. You making a documentary? That’s WICKED.”

Damn why didn’t I think of this? It’s brilliant!

Hunter and Mort didn’t usually hang in the same circles. However, Mort had appeared in a number of school plays.

Now imagine if he gets the ghosts on camera...
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:08 pm

Ava Sinclair

Ava had followed the group to the mansion, watching as the kids laughed, talked, and silently judged each other. A couple years ago, it wouldn't have been like her to be so quiet in a group like this with so many interesting people to get to know better. But now, although she definitely hadn't crossed the line into 'edgy' or 'emo', she was definitely more mature, more reserved. After everything she'd been through it was hard to be so light-hearted all the time.

But that was why she'd come along tonight. It was time for her to relax, have some fun with her new friends from Pickering, and face her fears while she was at it. Something about this situation felt familiar--a bunch of teenagers walking into a haunted mansion to spend a good part of the night there. There was this feeling of deja vu--a feeling that gave her shivers, but made her feel alive in a certain way. If this was coming to terms with her trauma and processing it, then somehow it was enjoyable in a masochistic sort of way. Probably if it feels masochistic then it's still not healthy, Ava thought. Time to just lighten up and enjoy myself for the evening.

She looked around for someone to strike up a conversation with as they began to enter the mansion.
rəswɛsən

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:55 pm

The Group

By now, mainly everyone have went through the gates, where the butler kept the gates open, as everyone walked through them. The butler walked past the group towards the opposite side of the gates, where he started to shut it. "Is he locking us all in?" Victoria said, as the butler was seemingly leaving them all trapped behind the gate. "The latch is simple to unlock. You just turn it and we can just leave, if we want." Julia said, noting the type of latch that was on the gate.

"Mr. Houghton has asked to leave you all undisturbed for the night. He asks that privacy is made upon the party." the butler said, before he started to walk away. "Hey? What you doing? You can't just ditch us here?!" Spencer yelled at the butler, as he started to walk around from the mansion. "It could be the work of Scott." Patrick said, thinking the butler was in a plan made by Scott to intentionally make the group uncomfortable. "Scott is an asshole after all. You might be right about that, Patrick." Spencer replied.
"Shall we go in?"
"Ehhh, sure." Spencer said, looking up at the mansion in front of him. "I guess this is his game we stepping in right now."

Victoria was the one in front of the group certainly, as she walked up the small tiled cobblestone steps towards the front double doors of the mansion. The doors had a doorknocker styled with an Art Deco design over the dark gray wooden doors. An abnormal silence was near Victoria, as she put her hand over the brass doorknob, where she turned it. The door was unlocked, but what was inside? Victoria opened the door, as she and the others in the group stepped inside.

Foyer

The interior of the mansion was a bit surprising at first. Victoria expected the house to be similar to a haunted mansion, but the foyer that she entered was surprisingly clean. Must be the work of Scott's butlers or maids before he dismissed them for the night. The foyer was designed to be modern, but there didn't seemed to be any warmth to it. The roof of the foyer was painted white, though it looked to be made out of stone. A macabre stained glass hung on the roof in the middle of the foyer. A red carpet led to the stairs, where the railings of the stairs looked more like a cross between Art Novueau and Deco. The walls were of the same white color, though they appear to be made out of wood, where many carvings were found of a variety of symbols. Two brass statues of angels holding a torch in one hand were on the middle of landing of the foyer stairs that led upstairs. Several doors were found among the foyer, though one of them, which was some double doors appeared to be currently closed that was found away from the front entrance on the right of the room.

"This room is.." Julia was about to say something, until Victoria showed some discomfort. "Edgy, you mean?" Victoria said, as she was looking up at the stained glass artwork on the roof that stared back at the group. "Who the fuck has that in their house?" "It looks like something that artist who made the house would make. Carballel was in charge of architecture." Spencer said, getting his camera out to take a photo. Several footsteps can be held from upstairs, as someone was entering from the hallway that led to the foyer. Scott Houghton entered the foyer from upstairs, as he was holding a beer bottle in one hand, as he looked at the group who entered.

"Lots of people had more guts that I thought. Damn." Scott murmured, though some can hear what he said, as he went downstairs. "Welcome to the party, you freaks. I expected only like 3 of you just to arrive. But the free food is enough to get the freeloaders to know." Scott said, already having a dominating attitude towards the group. "Oh boy.." Spencer quietly said to himself, as Victoria only gave a scorn at Scott. "I came because you said you have money, right?" Victoria said, trying to keep some cool.
"I didn't lie about the money. It's in the dining room. That's where I had the caterers leave the food at."
"Uhhh.. Scott? I know you lived here for quite a while, but why do you have...that on your roof?" Julia asked Scott from below, as she was talking about the stained glass on the roof.

"Bitch, you insulting my artwork? That cost millions!" Scott took a swig of his beer bottle, as Julia was caught off-guard by Scott's comment. "I know you whack jobs are hungry like those African kids, so if you want some pizza or shit it's in the dining room. Opened doors. Go forward and take a left. I meet you all down there, so we can talk a bit about the money and shit." Scott continued, though he might be already drunk.

"There is no saving this man." Patrick immediately said, looking at how Scott is. "He's doomed for damnation in a heartbeat." "Hey, Scott?" Spencer called out to Scott. "What?"
"Where's most of the paintings in this place? There's carvings, but I don't see a lot of paintings."
"We kept all the eye candy down here, while we put some pretentious crap in the basement. Some of our best picks are in the gallery. Double doors. Doors are unlocked." Scott explained about the closed double doors.
"Are you already drunk, by the way?"
"It's ginger beer, you #@$#@#!" Scott suddenly yelled at Spencer, where he immediately gone quiet. Julia walked up to Spencer to comfort him. "I think we head to the dining room, Spencer. I don't know a lot about Scott, but-"
"He's a fucking racist?" Spencer said to Julia, as they walked to the dining room. "I guess that's one way of saying it."
"He's more like crazy."

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:49 am

Stansfield Lee

Stansfield shuddered when the butler closed the gates.

What the devil? And where's Scott?

However, he was much relieved when Julia commented the gate could easily be re-opened. He reassured himself.

Later on, Stansfield walked into the mansion with the rest of the group. He saw that many of the teens were very excited and curious. Mort in particular, seemed beside himself with wonderment. Mort was chatting to some teen who looked to be making some kind of documentary...

What was his name again... was it Hunter? What an odd name. Well I'm glad some people are having fun.

Stansfield couldn't explain it, but he had a very bad feeling about all of this. His stern eyes considered the macabre stained glass at the foyer. Stansfield studied the surroundings...

"What an ominous place..." he said out loud.

"Oh cheer up Stan," Mort quipped. "This is a once in a lifetime gig."

"Yes it is..." Stansfield concurred.

Just give me the money and I'll be out in a heartbeat. I'm only doing this for the family anyhow; God I wish we weren't so strapped for cash

Mary-Anne Paris

Mary-Anne was beside herself with excitement. The size of the mansion, the elaborate design of the doors and the handles, the fantastic foyer.

Scott you bad boy how much are you WORTH?!!!!

The red-haired girl's greedy eyes travelled across the entire length of the foyer as she walked into the place; she had rushed to the very front and was now eying every single detail with considerable interest.

Rachel tried to keep up. "Hey Mary," she said smirking, "Try to keep it all in."

"Shut the hell up," she whispered to her enforcer, her eyes still travelling the spaces.

Later on when Scott showed up, Mary-Anne's eyes were immediately drawn to him.

Not bad at all... NOT BAD AT ALL...

She heard Scott say:

"Lots of people had more guts that I thought. Damn. Welcome to the party, you freaks. I expected only like 3 of you just to arrive. But the free food is enough to get the freeloaders to know."

Mary-Anne was not put off by the rude personality. The only thing that mattered, was the true size of his wallet.

"This is a very beautiful house Scott!" Rachel cried out. Then she nudged Mary-Anne... "RIGHT?!"

Mary-Anne caught on. "Yes... YES IT IS! HEY SCOTT! Good to see you here!"

When Julia questioned the stained glass and this seemed to offend Scott; Mary-Anne immediately said: "I think it fits in REALLY REALLY WELL with the rest of the house!"

She was looking for an opportunity to approach. Later on, she noticed that Spencer had led a small group towards the dining hall.

Mary-Anne saw the chance and she approached Scott; Rachel followed her.

The queen bee approached the young rich teen with practiced confidence. Before speaking, she parted a part of her long red hair with a practiced movement.

"Hi Scott," she maintained direct eye contact with her bright eyes as she said. "This is a very wonderful party. Do you care to show a girl around? I'm more than a little... INTERESTED."

Stansfield Lee

Stansfield found himself wandering towards the dining hall as well. He had eaten a sandwich before boarding the ferry but truth be told, he was a bit hungry now somehow.

Also, he found Scott to be relatively distasteful and he'd rather have different company.

"I think I know your names," he said, introducing himself to the group. Then he pointed, "It's... Spencer, Julia, and Victoria right? I'm Stansfield. Nice to meet you all. What do you think of this place?"

Mort Winters

Meanwhile, Mort Winters was still with Hunter Kirby. When Scott made mention of where the other paintings could be, that stirred a bit of Mort's curiosity. He had heard that this place had a lot of artistic masterpieces, suddenly many with a very distinct style.

"I heard this place has LOTS of cool paintings," the artist said. "I'd definitely want to see them for myself. It would be WICKED."
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:07 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:

Mort Winters

Mort, who had been walking next to Stansfield, noticed what Hunter was doing.

“Hey it’s Hunter right?” the pale teen said. “I’m Mort. You making a documentary? That’s WICKED.”

Damn why didn’t I think of this? It’s brilliant!

Hunter and Mort didn’t usually hang in the same circles. However, Mort had appeared in a number of school plays.

Now imagine if he gets the ghosts on camera...

Hunter Kirby
Hunter said,"Yeah, I'm Hunter. You're named Morton or something, right?" Hunter didn't know this guy very well, although he knew he was in the theater group. Hunter continued,"I'm here to investigate the truth behind this mansion. I think the government is using it as a top secret research facility. I'm documenting anything I find. So yeah, I guess you could call it a documentary if you want."
Infected Mushroom wrote:Stansfield Lee

Stansfield shuddered when the butler closed the gates.

What the devil? And where's Scott?

However, he was much relieved when Julia commented the gate could easily be re-opened. He reassured himself.

Later on, Stansfield walked into the mansion with the rest of the group. He saw that many of the teens were very excited and curious. Mort in particular, seemed beside himself with wonderment. Mort was chatting to some teen who looked to be making some kind of documentary...

What was his name again... was it Hunter? What an odd name. Well I'm glad some people are having fun.

Stansfield couldn't explain it, but he had a very bad feeling about all of this. His stern eyes considered the macabre stained glass at the foyer. Stansfield studied the surroundings...

"What an ominous place..." he said out loud.

"Oh cheer up Stan," Mort quipped. "This is a once in a lifetime gig."

"Yes it is..." Stansfield concurred.

Just give me the money and I'll be out in a heartbeat. I'm only doing this for the family anyhow; God I wish we weren't so strapped for cash

Mary-Anne Paris

Mary-Anne was beside herself with excitement. The size of the mansion, the elaborate design of the doors and the handles, the fantastic foyer.

Scott you bad boy how much are you WORTH?!!!!

The red-haired girl's greedy eyes travelled across the entire length of the foyer as she walked into the place; she had rushed to the very front and was now eying every single detail with considerable interest.

Rachel tried to keep up. "Hey Mary," she said smirking, "Try to keep it all in."

"Shut the hell up," she whispered to her enforcer, her eyes still travelling the spaces.

Later on when Scott showed up, Mary-Anne's eyes were immediately drawn to him.

Not bad at all... NOT BAD AT ALL...

She heard Scott say:

"Lots of people had more guts that I thought. Damn. Welcome to the party, you freaks. I expected only like 3 of you just to arrive. But the free food is enough to get the freeloaders to know."

Mary-Anne was not put off by the rude personality. The only thing that mattered, was the true size of his wallet.

"This is a very beautiful house Scott!" Rachel cried out. Then she nudged Mary-Anne... "RIGHT?!"

Mary-Anne caught on. "Yes... YES IT IS! HEY SCOTT! Good to see you here!"

When Julia questioned the stained glass and this seemed to offend Scott; Mary-Anne immediately said: "I think it fits in REALLY REALLY WELL with the rest of the house!"

She was looking for an opportunity to approach. Later on, she noticed that Spencer had led a small group towards the dining hall.

Mary-Anne saw the chance and she approached Scott; Rachel followed her.

The queen bee approached the young rich teen with practiced confidence. Before speaking, she parted a part of her long red hair with a practiced movement.

"Hi Scott," she maintained direct eye contact with her bright eyes as she said. "This is a very wonderful party. Do you care to show a girl around? I'm more than a little... INTERESTED."

Stansfield Lee

Stansfield found himself wandering towards the dining hall as well. He had eaten a sandwich before boarding the ferry but truth be told, he was a bit hungry now somehow.

Also, he found Scott to be relatively distasteful and he'd rather have different company.

"I think I know your names," he said, introducing himself to the group. Then he pointed, "It's... Spencer, Julia, and Victoria right? I'm Stansfield. Nice to meet you all. What do you think of this place?"

Mort Winters

Meanwhile, Mort Winters was still with Hunter Kirby. When Scott made mention of where the other paintings could be, that stirred a bit of Mort's curiosity. He had heard that this place had a lot of artistic masterpieces, suddenly many with a very distinct style.

"I heard this place has LOTS of cool paintings," the artist said. "I'd definitely want to see them for myself. It would be WICKED."

Hunter said,"Paintings? They could easily be concealing cameras or a security system. Might be worth checking out."
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:45 am

Theme

Amon Day

On the Beach

Striding fourth to potential riches or doom Amon made his way along with the rest of the group towards a crucible of indeterminable nature. Along they way he payed little attention to the surrounding scenery for it offered little. Just a classic take on a supposed tropical paradise which under the surface was hell in green. His mind was was calm and most focused on putting one foot ahead of him and though a few got past him he still was near the front of the group though not particularly close to anyone in particular. His face though hard to read by all indications seemed to imply a bit of boredom.

To the Front of the house

Well this is an odd place

Standing before the very place from which the upcoming drama would be set within the very pit of Amon's stomach there was a mild hint of gloom which proved initially pungent buoyed by his raw cynicism was quickly smothered by the raw rationalism that pervaded his mind. Did he believe in ghosts? Yes to a degree, Did he believe there was more to this whole thing than met the eye? Of course. Did he suspect that this "Scott" character was a sack of s*** who sucked his own c*** and most certainly would happily engage in some manner of high jinks to get the desired result? Without a Doubt. But Amon was no b****, when met with a challenge and if accepted he wouldn't back down. Especially if it was from a dare, most certainly one made by himself. He would face what came and then some. All he had to do was keep his head straight and stay cautious listening with not only eyes and ears but with his gut to duck from whatever crap might come flinging.

When the butler came over and made his introductions instructing them to go within Amon gave a moment of pause keeping an eye on the strange little man he made mental notes for future reference namely how to open and close the gate latch. Might need to get out quick you never know was his thinking. While the others made there way in Amon decided to stay back a bit and waited letting the others continue forward. He figured he'd let the others test the waters first before potentially walking into a trap. Only when all the rest were in did Amon make his way too.

Within the Foyer

An odd spot

Was the first thing that came to mind for Amon from his initial look of the place. From the grotesque painted window up above to the off white coloration of the walls and roof it was not a normal looking place by any standards of the word. Not surprising the place was made by a potentially mad artist. When the host, Scott, finally arrived visibly intoxicated and in poor spirits Amon was in the back of the crowd nearest to the door ready to make an exit if need be. Upon being informed of food in the dining room Amon decided to make his way forward though in no particular hurry. Food was high on the priority scale. He had of course been smart enough to pack a few snacks for himself just in case but of course he could always have more. Of course Amon was no dumb cat. Just in case Scott's sense of humor smelled like s*** he had without thinking about decided to only eat after he had seen others do so to. Just in case to see what happened. Still with that in mind Amon waited like before letting others enter the dining room first and only after a few had done so did he himself make his way over in a rather calm but rather quick pace.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:36 am

Hunter said,"Yeah, I'm Hunter. You're named Morton or something, right?" Hunter didn't know this guy very well, although he knew he was in the theater group. Hunter continued,"I'm here to investigate the truth behind this mansion. I think the government is using it as a top secret research facility. I'm documenting anything I find. So yeah, I guess you could call it a documentary if you want."

Hunter said,"Paintings? They could easily be concealing cameras or a security system. Might be worth checking out."

Mort Winters

"I prefer to go by Mort," he said in response to being called Morton, however, the pale teen was grinning. "The government eh? Well, who knows, you may be right... the world is a pretty crazy place these days. But do you think there will be ghosts? I think it's possible. Anything really."

When Mort turned, he saw a young African-American girl. If he recalled correctly, her name was Ava Sinclair. He had known her name for some time but she usually kept to herself, she had a somewhat mysterious and interesting reputation as one of the survivors from Simon Creek... though she mostly kept to herself...

"Ava right?" he said to her. "I didn't think you'd want to come to the party... I mean... this isn't your first time in one?"

He was hoping to hear her talk more about Simon Creek, but he didn't have high hopes. Mort was fairly sure the police didn't have the whole story and he was curious, in spite of himself.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:13 am

Kieran Leonard

The rumblings in Kieran's gut, whenever they came about, were always things to pay attention to. He had come to the conclusion that with his lifestylehe needed to eat, then he'd go to the gym and convert dinner into muscle later. It was working: the huge teenager wasn't fat, instead he was a creature built of lean powerful muscles.
He waited however before going into the dining hall as his little sister was walking casually up to where Mary-Anne was practising her well-rehearsed chat-up lines on Scott. This was bad: Kieran knew Scott. He knew which buttons to press and which to steer clear from: he didn't have the same knowledge about Mary-Anne, and he knew full well that his sister had no incredible insights about either of them. Mentally he prepared himself to break up a fight.

Clarissa Leonard

There was a smell in the foyer, and it was not just the smell of musty old house or sweaty teenagers. It was sweet and cloying, intoxicating if you breathed it in for long; the smell was the scent of whatever the hell Clarissa Leonard was currently smoking. She appeared to pay no mind to those around her as she walked with apparent purpose up to Scott, where Mary-Anne was currently practising her charms.

"Good to see him here?" she asked her pleasantly, coming into the conversation from nowhere, "I would be rather disconcerted if Scott were not here, this being his party...his house etc. But anyway, something most pressing must take priority over your poor flurting attempt, Mary-Anne." She focussed her horribly intense gaze on Scott, eyes boaring down directly into his.
"I assume you did not overlook the provision of alcoholic refreshments when you made the food purchase? Kieran did not bring enough for the whole group, and a good host such as yourself surely did not neglect such obvious matters."
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:05 pm

The Dining Room

Entering the dining room, there was a rise in temperature as the large stone unnaturally slanted fireplace that looked like something from Beetlejuice was at one end of the dining table. Someone could literally throw someone in the fireplace and burn to death, if they felt like it. The dining room had a long wooden table with a flower centerpiece of orange blossoms in a vase in the middle, where several small chandeliers hung close to the table, in shapes of globes and stars. Several cabinets in colors of white browns were around the walls, though it looked like Scott had a buffet table set up for the guests. On the buffet table was more junk food, than rather regular food. Pizza, cupcakes, a punch bowl, a slew of salty snacks that can be purchased from a supermarket, and an assortment of alcohol. The dining room was in a shade of green from the walls, as a large painting of Scott hung at the other end of the dining room to possibly stroke his ego and narcissism.

Spencer was the first to notice the large safe that was placed on the table. An electronically safe with a keypad for a password of some sort. "Money is in there, right?" Spencer said, as Julia looked over at the fireplace. Victoria could only look in disgust at the large painting of Scott on the wall.

Patrick would be able to recognize Stansfield had he come to the dining room, though Spencer was free to introduce himself. "It's Spencer, yeah. This place is weird, seeing how it's supposed to be cursed. Though, I guess the curse isn't real, since Scott is still alive." Spencer said, remembering what Scott called him. "How does he even afford this trash?" Victoria remarked, as she walked over to the buffet table. "He's nothing, but a self-entitled asshole and he happens to have cash due to his father. I wouldn't be surprised if Scott started living here, just to show off."

Julia, meanwhile, was looking out a window where she saw it from her view. In the distance, though it looked reachable, was the towering ruin of the original mansion. It looked much bigger than the one that Scott lives in. Time clearly took it's toll on the mansion, as it looked like it was covered in vegetation from the marsh near it. Julia could see a wooden walkway from the mansion near a large pool leading directly into the tropical forest. "Something about this place bothers me. You think it's just rumors I held?" Julia asked, where Spencer shrugged, where he introduced himself, along with the other two. "I'm just doing this for fun. And I wanted to do snap some photos for everyone in school to see."

The Gallery

"Good to see him here?" she asked her pleasantly, coming into the conversation from nowhere, "I would be rather disconcerted if Scott were not here, this being his party...his house etc. But anyway, something most pressing must take priority over your poor flurting attempt, Mary-Anne." She focussed her horribly intense gaze on Scott, eyes boaring down directly into his.
"I assume you did not overlook the provision of alcoholic refreshments when you made the food purchase? Kieran did not bring enough for the whole group, and a good host such as yourself surely did not neglect such obvious matters."

Scott didn't looked like he showed some interest to Mary-Anne at all. What was striking was that Scott was actually right. The whiff of alcohol that was supposed to be from his breath wasn't strong. "Interested? You want to see my shit? You look like someone who's having some similar tastes of mine." Scott said, though to Mary-Anne, it seemed like her plan was working. Until both Chiara jumped in, where Scott looked like she recognized her. "Chiara? Don't you two torture and kill puppies and kittens or something? You addicts just came as an excuse to get drunk off your asses, I bet." Scott said, where Patrick immediately stepped in.

"Hey hey hey! How about you two head to the dining room? This is supposed to be a party, isn't it?" Patrick said, nervous. "Clarissa.. Kieran.. I know you two are the subject of the gossip queens, but it's best to refrain from any escalation, if that's ok." Patrick trying hard not to have Scott provoke the two of them. "What about you, bible boy? You joining those freaks?" Scott said, where a brief visible pained look appeared on Patrick. "How about I see this gallery of yours? You seem content of showing Mary-Anne your artwork? I can come along. I'm more of a man of temperance." Patrick explained to Scott. "Fine. But I make you crack, bible boy." Scott said, which Patrick heard as a threat.

Mary-Anne, Scott, and Patrick walked over to the double doors, where he opened the doors. Scott reached for something inside, where there was a brief click. "I keep this room lights off. Room is basically a small warehouse. It was originally Carballel's workspace, before one of the previous owners tore it down to expand the room." Scott explained. "And what happened to the previous owners?" Patrick asked. "Oh you know, violently mutilated in freak accident. Children included." Scott immediately said, where Patrick reached into his pocket to grip his bible, as Scott opened the doors.

"Here we go. Here's the shit I like to collect." Scott said to Mary-Anne and Patrick, as he opened the doors. The room was almost dark, being lit up by a slew of neon lights that illuminated the different "artworks" that were on display. Scott was right. He kept paintings that looked like they belonged to Carballel himself, though it looked like Scott deliberately kept the ones that were part of Carballel's descent into madness. The paintings showed surrealistic and morbid images. Patrick looked to see one painting that looked like some sort of monster clown reaching out to the viewer. When Patrick examined it, the painting was simply called Clown. "Carballel used some blood of his paintings. To be fair, his oldest paintings were trash, yet people say they sell more. Morons." Scott explained, as he let Mary-Anne walk around. A rocking chair with blades inserted into it's frame, where it looked like the blades were recently cleaned. A mask of a red demon ferociously in rage hung on the wall, where it looked like Scott collected it from the East. Possibly from Japan.

A knight armor was standing on a pedestal, but it looked dangerously ready to fall on someone. Especially with the large halberd that it had in it's hands. A simple book was on a stand, though the book title read Burger Cooking. Patrick heard enough stories to know whatever was in the book wasn't friendly. A film canister was being displayed with a title My Vacation written in a sickly red marker over tape. A large set was at one end of the room, where it showed a photo realistic background of some sort of attic. Several old-looking crates were stacked on top another, as a noose hung at the top of the set. At another end of the gallery were two lights shining on a large painting that was covered up by a canvas cloth. Red paint was smeared on the fabric, covering up whatever was behind it.

"Scott? What's that painting over there? Why is it covered?" Patrick asked Scott, as he was checking out some mannequins that were tangled up in some sort of chicken wire. "That's something very important."
"Important?"
"If the price is current right now, it may cost half a million for some buyers I know." Scott explained to Patrick, as he walked over to the covered painting. Patrick saw that Scott was eyeing him, where he was about to take the sheet off of it, until he saw that Scott was watching him. He didn't look like he was going to stop Patrick. He wants him to see it. Patrick immediately hesitated and took a step back from it.
Last edited by Main Nation Ministry on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:00 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:The Dining Room

Entering the dining room, there was a rise in temperature as the large stone unnaturally slanted fireplace that looked like something from Beetlejuice was at one end of the dining table. Someone could literally throw someone in the fireplace and burn to death, if they felt like it. The dining room had a long wooden table with a flower centerpiece of orange blossoms in a vase in the middle, where several small chandeliers hung close to the table, in shapes of globes and stars. Several cabinets in colors of white browns were around the walls, though it looked like Scott had a buffet table set up for the guests. On the buffet table was more junk food, than rather regular food. Pizza, cupcakes, a punch bowl, a slew of salty snacks that can be purchased from a supermarket, and an assortment of alcohol. The dining room was in a shade of green from the walls, as a large painting of Scott hung at the other end of the dining room to possibly stroke his ego and narcissism.

Spencer was the first to notice the large safe that was placed on the table. An electronically safe with a keypad for a password of some sort. "Money is in there, right?" Spencer said, as Julia looked over at the fireplace. Victoria could only look in disgust at the large painting of Scott on the wall.

Patrick would be able to recognize Stansfield had he come to the dining room, though Spencer was free to introduce himself. "It's Spencer, yeah. This place is weird, seeing how it's supposed to be cursed. Though, I guess the curse isn't real, since Scott is still alive." Spencer said, remembering what Scott called him. "How does he even afford this trash?" Victoria remarked, as she walked over to the buffet table. "He's nothing, but a self-entitled asshole and he happens to have cash due to his father. I wouldn't be surprised if Scott started living here, just to show off."

Julia, meanwhile, was looking out a window where she saw it from her view. In the distance, though it looked reachable, was the towering ruin of the original mansion. It looked much bigger than the one that Scott lives in. Time clearly took it's toll on the mansion, as it looked like it was covered in vegetation from the marsh near it. Julia could see a wooden walkway from the mansion near a large pool leading directly into the tropical forest. "Something about this place bothers me. You think it's just rumors I held?" Julia asked, where Spencer shrugged, where he introduced himself, along with the other two. "I'm just doing this for fun. And I wanted to do snap some photos for everyone in school to see."

Stansfield Lee

"You're not the only one," Stansfield said. "I've been getting the creepy vibe ever since I stepped on the island. Though personally I don't believe in ghosts."

"I have my reasons for coming," he added sneeringly, "My family needs the money. We're a bit strapped for cash."

He wasn't the biggest fan of parties. He usually had a more serious side and lots of side projects. However, he'd make this worth his time.

Privately, he found it a bit distasteful but hey, this is a capitalistic society, you have to do whatever it takes to get ahead. Besides, he expected to make far more than months and months of private tutoring, mowing lawns and working part time.

Stansfield was beginning to like this house though. The dining hall he found fascinating.

He sat himself down and admired the buffet table and all of the junk food. He was hungry but his manners came to him.

"Should we wait fo the host or is he..." Stansfield said nervously. "Where is he anyways? Is he coming?"

He had half a mind to start eating.

The Gallery

Scott didn't looked like he showed some interest to Mary-Anne at all. What was striking was that Scott was actually right. The whiff of alcohol that was supposed to be from his breath wasn't strong. "Interested? You want to see my shit? You look like someone who's having some similar tastes of mine." Scott said, though to Mary-Anne, it seemed like her plan was working. Until both Clarissa jumped in, where Scott looked like she recognized her. "Clarissa? Don't you two torture and kill puppies and kittens or something? You addicts just came as an excuse to get drunk off your asses, I bet." Scott said, where Patrick immediately stepped in.

"Hey hey hey! How about you two head to the dining room? This is supposed to be a party, isn't it?" Patrick said, nervous. "Clarissa.. Kieran.. I know you two are the subject of the gossip queens, but it's best to refrain from any escalation, if that's ok." Patrick trying hard not to have Scott provoke the two of them. "What about you, bible boy? You joining those freaks?" Scott said, where a brief visible pained look appeared on Patrick. "How about I see this gallery of yours? You seem content of showing Mary-Anne your artwork? I can come along. I'm more of a man of temperance." Patrick explained to Scott. "Fine. But I make you crack, bible boy." Scott said, which Patrick heard as a threat.

Mary-Anne, Scott, and Patrick walked over to the double doors, where he opened the doors. Scott reached for something inside, where there was a brief click. "I keep this room lights off. Room is basically a small warehouse. It was originally Carballel's workspace, before one of the previous owners tore it down to expand the room." Scott explained. "And what happened to the previous owners?" Patrick asked. "Oh you know, violently mutilated in freak accident. Children included." Scott immediately said, where Patrick reached into his pocket to grip his bible, as Scott opened the doors.

"Here we go. Here's the shit I like to collect." Scott said to Mary-Anne and Patrick, as he opened the doors. The room was almost dark, being lit up by a slew of neon lights that illuminated the different "artworks" that were on display. Scott was right. He kept paintings that looked like they belonged to Carballel himself, though it looked like Scott deliberately kept the ones that were part of Carballel's descent into madness. The paintings showed surrealistic and morbid images. Patrick looked to see one painting that looked like some sort of monster clown reaching out to the viewer. When Patrick examined it, the painting was simply called Clown. "Carballel used some blood of his paintings. To be fair, his oldest paintings were trash, yet people say they sell more. Morons." Scott explained, as he let Mary-Anne walk around. A rocking chair with blades inserted into it's frame, where it looked like the blades were recently cleaned. A mask of a red demon ferociously in rage hung on the wall, where it looked like Scott collected it from the East. Possibly from Japan.

A knight armor was standing on a pedestal, but it looked dangerously ready to fall on someone. Especially with the large halberd that it had in it's hands. A simple book was on a stand, though the book title read Burger Cooking. Patrick heard enough stories to know whatever was in the book wasn't friendly. A film canister was being displayed with a title My Vacation written in a sickly red marker over tape. A large set was at one end of the room, where it showed a photo realistic background of some sort of attic. Several old-looking crates were stacked on top another, as a noose hung at the top of the set. At another end of the gallery were two lights shining on a large painting that was covered up by a canvas cloth. Red paint was smeared on the fabric, covering up whatever was behind it.

"Scott? What's that painting over there? Why is it covered?" Patrick asked Scott, as he was checking out some mannequins that were tangled up in some sort of chicken wire. "That's something very important."
"Important?"
"If the price is current right now, it may cost half a million for some buyers I know." Scott explained to Patrick, as he walked over to the covered painting. Patrick saw that Scott was eyeing him, where he was about to take the sheet off of it, until he saw that Scott was watching him. He didn't look like he was going to stop Patrick. He wants him to see it. Patrick immediately hesitated and took a step back from it.

Mary-Anne Paris

Mary-Anne was encouraged by Scott's response. She was about to say more but found herself more than slightly annoyed at Clarissa's interruption.

Mary-Anne was one of the popular girls, and she felt herself to be above the Leonards. However, though she might not admit it, she was a bit intimidated by Clarissa and Kierran's tough reputations. She was about to step forward to say something but Scott spoke first:

"Clarissa? Don't you two torture and kill puppies and kittens or something? You addicts just came as an excuse to get drunk off your asses, I bet."

Mary-Anne added: "Yeah pay no mind to these people my dear Scott."

She was about to say more when Patrick interrupted to defuse the situation. It was a very necessary move because the parties were starring daggers at each other. Very close to them, Mort Winters (who had been talking to Hunter), joined them as well and added: "Hey everyone, I overheard... let's all be nice okay?"

Mary-Anne turned and frowned at Mort with considerable disgust. She was irritated that so many people were near Scott now. She was hoping to have him by herself but now she had to play along.

Eventually, Mary-Anne and Rachel followed Scott into the room with all of the artwork. Mary-Anne wasn't too happy about Scott's story about the death of the owner; she would have preferred not to know... not that she believed in any Curse.

The sweetest but fakest smile appeared over the red-haired girl's face. She praised all of the artwork effusively, "Wow this is... is is fantastic stu... WHOAAAAAA!!!!!"

She jumped back slightly at the sight of the eerie clown painting. Rachel grabbed her and pushed her forward slightly so she could stand. Mary-Anne pretended nothing had happened.

"Yeah it's quite... atmospheric... you have great err... taste Scott hehehe..."

She stood close to Rachel as everyone walked, clearly a bit unsettled by the paintings. However, Mary-Anne tried her best to disguise this.

My God who would want these things in a house...

"This... this is REALLY GREAT STUFF!" she called out.

When she heard Scott say that one of the covered paintings was worth a million, her heart super-charged with greed.

Wait... then all of these paintings together... how... how many new dresses and rings and trips to Europe-

She eyed the covered painting with considerable interest. She wondered if Patrick would reveal it.

Mort Winters

As Mort walked into the art gallery, he felt himself overwhelmed with excitement. It was Carballal's LEGENDARY collection. He had hoped to get a glimpse of this sort of thing.

He walked around as if in a trance, he admired all of the brushwork, the morbid vision...

Wow that chair adds a nice touch. And the careful placement of all of these paintings to create effect...

To his side he heard the red-haired Mary-Anne praising the work (insincerely?) and he had a vague awareness that Hunter may have followed and may be filming his documentary still. However, all of that seemed to be a faraway thing to him... he was completely immersed in the paintings.

In fact, when Scott, Patrick, and Mary-Anne were focused on the covered paintings... Mort had somewhat lost himself behind the crowd. He was standing a few meters behind, still admiring all the brushstrokes and art style of some of the displayed paintings in the back. He was the sort of person to spend hours in a museum but this was even better that that...

It's a dark artist's paintings IN HIS OWN HOUSE.

Nothing beats this...

He loved the neon lighting effects. It seemed that Carballal had quite the style. He was even particular about how his work would be stored.

He resisted the urge to touch one of the paintings.

No that would be disrespectful...

Another thought occurred to Mort.

Painted with blood eh... WICKED.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:19 am, edited 8 times in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:19 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:

Mort Winters

"I prefer to go by Mort," he said in response to being called Morton, however, the pale teen was grinning. "The government eh? Well, who knows, you may be right... the world is a pretty crazy place these days. But do you think there will be ghosts? I think it's possible. Anything really."

When Mort turned, he saw a young African-American girl. If he recalled correctly, her name was Ava Sinclair. He had known her name for some time but she usually kept to herself, she had a somewhat mysterious and interesting reputation as one of the survivors from Simon Creek... though she mostly kept to herself...

"Ava right?" he said to her. "I didn't think you'd want to come to the party... I mean... this isn't your first time in one?"

He was hoping to hear her talk more about Simon Creek, but he didn't have high hopes. Mort was fairly sure the police didn't have the whole story and he was curious, in spite of himself.

Hunter Kirby
As they walked toward the gallery after some girl had walked up, Hunter said,"Mort it is, then. And I do agree that anything is possible." As they moved inside the gallery, he looked at the paintings. He looked around, and spoke into his mike,"I'm in the gallery now. There's a lot of art, and a lot of places where cameras, security, or passageways could be concealed." He began looking over them carefully, searching for any trace of a hidden passageway, or a hollow floor.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017

Postby Atkemri » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:52 pm

Daylon Swartz

Daylon looked around the rooms from the back following silently knowing that if he spoke it would be likely that he would be silenced by a nearby jock with a stupid comment about his sexuality or something similar, however, he did not want to wait around all day before his chance to claim the prizes of tonight. Walking towards two people near a painting he recognized one of them as Hunter, he didn't know him but he had heard the name before, he stopped in between the two and leaned on a painting. "Hello gaijin. Would you happen to know when the festivities of tonight properly start? I have much time and I find it would be befitting for a gentleman like myself to know how long he would need to suffer in such a...inadequate lodging without my superior Nipponese content."

Daylon hated every word that had just left his mouth, but if he was to have a chance of being noticed by the non-weaboos around him, the supreme gentleman act would need to continue this act for quite a while longer. Hopefully, they'd receive his words and wouldn't immediately laugh him off, which was better than being ignored which was something Daylon was accustomed to.
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:47 pm

Theme

Amon Day

Dining Area

Your just so full of s*** aren't ya.

Was all the young Amon could think upon seeing the picture of Scott looking upon all that lied in his domain. Amon had upon entering the room slowly surveyed the place quickly looking setting his eyes down upon the rather disturbing portrait of the host himself. When the others had begun to enter they would have seen him still standing there looking upon the portrait almost in a blank manner. Such a nasty spirited young man but he was rich. That gave an excuse for everything. If you had enough money you can have and do anything in this world. Fact of life better get used to it.

After a moment Amon finally got out what appeared to be a trance of sorts he made his way on over to the table which was filled mostly with crap and junk food. Enough to maintain but not much else. To the table he went but of course he had no manners. When the young man named Stansfield Lee spoke out about whether they should wait for the Host Amon was busy stuffing his backpack full of food and soda though avoiding the alcohol which he did not partake in. It made for a rather funny little scene the incessant packrat that Amon was being shown in full. He wasn't exactly a man of high society or particular fine taste and it showed plain to all. When his backpack was finally stuffed full Amon gave a simple wave to the assembled denizens uttering a single rather vulgar utterance

"Bye Felicia"

Were the words stated as he made his way out leaving the rest of the quickly swelling crowd to do as they would. From the same door he arrived from he made his way out back into the Foyer.

Foyer

He had a goal in mind. A simple one at that. Claim himself a room so he would have a nice place to sleep and not have to share. He didn't much like the idea of being in a room with a bunch of other people especially this buch hence claiming a room before any else could was a top priority. It didn't even need to be a bedroom, heck a closet would do, but even though he had experience with being on the floor a bed would be preferable. Suspecting such a thing would be on the above floor Amon made his way up the stairs Scott the host had made his way down from thinking it would bear fruit. Amon wasn't exactly a loud man so as he made his way up the amount of noise created was pretty low not enough to attract much attention. Still Amon being the paranoid ass he was made sure to keep and ear on potential followers as he made his way up to the top of the stairs to what he presumed would be a hall...
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:31 pm

Atkemri wrote:
Daylon Swartz

Daylon looked around the rooms from the back following silently knowing that if he spoke it would be likely that he would be silenced by a nearby jock with a stupid comment about his sexuality or something similar, however, he did not want to wait around all day before his chance to claim the prizes of tonight. Walking towards two people near a painting he recognized one of them as Hunter, he didn't know him but he had heard the name before, he stopped in between the two and leaned on a painting. "Hello gaijin. Would you happen to know when the festivities of tonight properly start? I have much time and I find it would be befitting for a gentleman like myself to know how long he would need to suffer in such a...inadequate lodging without my superior Nipponese content."

Daylon hated every word that had just left his mouth, but if he was to have a chance of being noticed by the non-weaboos around him, the supreme gentleman act would need to continue this act for quite a while longer. Hopefully, they'd receive his words and wouldn't immediately laugh him off, which was better than being ignored which was something Daylon was accustomed to.

Mort Winters

It took a full two seconds for Mort to react.

Jumping slightly, he turned.

“Oh hi,” he said. “Sorry I... I got immersed in the paintings. They are just way too cool. This whole place is just WICKED. The name’s Mort by the way. What’s your name?”

Mort wasn’t bothered by Daylon’s speaking style, in fact, he found it a bit refreshing.

But the dress style in black with that cape (oh WAIT it’s a coat) and the sunglasses? It’s a bit much.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:25 pm

Atkemri wrote:
Daylon Swartz

Hunter Kirby
Hunter thought this black clad guy looked kinda familiar. He had an odd name, kind of similiar to Dylan. Diylon, maybe? Whatever his name was, he seemed kind of like an arrogant jerk who had something to hide. He might even be in on it. Hunter said,"I'm not here for any so called festivities. I'm looking for proof. S'matter of fact, I was about to go take a look around, and see what I could dig up. If you see anything otherworldly or governmental, would you tell me?" With that, he walked a few feet away, and began tapping on a wall, looking for a hollow spot that could conceal a secret passageway. He spoke softly into his mike,"No signs of secret compartments so far, but it's a big house, and it would be easy to hide it."
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse