NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Creation of a Standard Meausurment System

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Dorab
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

[Draft] Creation of a Standard Meausurment System

Postby Dorab » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:42 pm

Realizing that varying measurment systems between countries cause confusion when dealing with international shipments, television, and tourism.
Also noting that many nations have their own measurment systems that could have cultural signifigance.

Defines the Standard Measuremt System as follows:
-When measuring distance or mass the metric system shall be used.
-When measuring tempature Celcius shall be used.
-When measuring volume the imperial system shall be used.

Stating that only in the following situations must the Standard Measurement be used:
-In all commerce between two nations.
-In television or radio progams viewed by at least 1,000 people in three or more countries.
-On all signs, radio or television programs, and advertisments in cities and surronding areas where at least 750 tourists visit in one month.

Requires that the public education of all World Assembly nations includes basic Standard Measurment System education.

Dorab
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dorab » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:42 pm

Is there any way to edit this so that it does not violate resolution #88?

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:47 pm

Dorab wrote:Is there any way to edit this so that it does not violate resolution #88?

(OOC: Welcome to the General Assembly. Unfortunately, this idea has indeed already been covered by the WA Numeration and Units Act, and therefore I can’t see a cause for additional legislation. In addition, using real life units would be a violation of the RL reference rule.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Dorab
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dorab » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:59 pm

Kenmoria wrote:
Dorab wrote:Is there any way to edit this so that it does not violate resolution #88?

(OOC: Welcome to the General Assembly. Unfortunately, this idea has indeed already been covered by the WA Numeration and Units Act, and therefore I can’t see a cause for additional legislation. In addition, using real life units would be a violation of the RL reference rule.)

So in order to pass this I would have to change the measurements and repael #88.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:08 am

Dorab wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:

So in order to pass this I would have to change the measurements and repael #88.

(OOC: Yes, you would have to use either made-up or unnamed measurements and repeal GA #088.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Return to General Assembly