NATION

PASSWORD

The Endless Knot (Post-Apoc./Alien Invasion|OOC-Signup|Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

The Endless Knot (Post-Apoc./Alien Invasion|OOC-Signup|Open)

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:42 pm

Welcome to The Endless Knot, a character RP set on earth in the year 2133. In this RP you will play the role of a one of the few free human survivors in the aftermath of a brutal alien invasion. Five years after the attack, humanity has fled underground where a few small settlements have been established in the tunnels under earth's fallen cities. You will one of the survivors under the city of New York, struggling to survive until one day a new survivor arrives with a far-fetched plan to save humanity (this will happen shortly after the RP starts).

The RP is set in the same universe as the 'Voyages in Andromeda' RP, though there is no requirement for you to have read any of it or even have the faintest idea what it is about. If you happen to have a character in both you will probably pick up a few hints about the other RP but they exist as entirely separate entities.

Finally, this RP is open to latecomers. If you want to join a bit late, we'll just assume you are another random survivor found on the road, who hitches up with the group.

SETTING

The Vanishing of the Destiny and the Wormhole to Andromeda
In 2026, a multi-national mission to mars was launched from Earth on the spaceship, 'Destiny'. The voyage was expected to last 300 days, though on day 104, abruptly and without any prior warning, the ship disappeared. As far as the Governments of Earth were concerned, the Destiny and all her crew were lost. Eventually, it was decided it must have been some kind of mechanical failure, though no sign of the vessel was recovered.

Miraculously, however, a year later a few surviving crew members reappeared between Earth and Mars, piloting a badly damaged though highly advanced alien spaceship. It was through this mission that humanity learned that it was not alone in the Universe. In the nearby Andromeda galaxy a massive war was being fought between alien races including the monstrous, all-devouring 'Ragons'. They also discovered that there was a portal hidden in the solar system, orbiting the sun and hidden to human instruments. The portal was named 'the Wormhole', though in truth nobody knew exactly what it was. In the years following, numerous expeditions were sent to rediscover it with none reporting any success. Over time it came to be believed that, whatever the phenomenon had been, it no longer existed.

The Golden Age of Earth
Over the following century, Earth entered a golden age of scientific enlightenment. While workable faster than light drives eluded earth's scientists, humanity reached to the farthest corners of the solar system, establishing colonies on Mars, Europa, Titan and Enceladus.

The opening of new horizons, however, didn't result in any greater unity for the human species. If anything, the opening of new frontiers only served to fuel old rivalries and divisions between the Nation-states and other human factions. Earth's problems continued to be fought out, but across the solar system rather than on the one planet. Russian and NATO vessels skirmished in deep space. Chinese and Japanese soldiers clashed over land claims on Mars. Brazilian colonists on Titan fought for independence from the Motherland.

The Fall of Earth
On 4 August 2128, however, everything changed. Appearing from the almost-forgotten wormhole came a small fleet of three highly advanced alien vessels which, as it turned out, belonged to the Ragon Empire, one of the races mentioned by the survivors of the Destiny, just over a century earlier. The Ragon had won the war and were here to conquer.

The Nations of Earth scrambled to repel the invasion, for the first time in Earth's history, forming a united front. The Ragon fleet was defeated, with only one ship limping back through the wormhole. The Nations of Earth celebrated. For a week.

The three Ragon ships, it turned out, had only been a scout force. On 11 August 2128, a fleet of just over 100 larger and better armed vessels appeared in the solar system. The fleet of the Nations of Earth was utterly destroyed within the first hour. Within the day all communication with the colonies was lost by the 12th. What happened to the people on those worlds remains a mystery.

The invasion of earth lasted about a month, nobody knows exactly how long. Millions of people were killed, tens of thousands devoured by the invading Ragons. A huge number of surviving humans were taken off-world to an unknown fate, though many more have been corralled into huge farming settlements where the few escapees report humanity have been reduced to livestock, feeding the Ragon army as it continues its rampage across the milky-way. A small number of people evaded capture, fleeing into the remote wilderness or into the tunnels under human cities.

Five Years On
Following on from the initial invasion, the majority of Ragon forces have withdrawn, leaving only a small garrison force to keep the humans under control and a couple of small colonial settlements near the equator.

While most of the soldiers are gone, the Ragon settlers have caused additional problems for the survivors through the introduction of a number of monstrous creatures from their home planet, many of which, along with the Ragon, see humanity as prey. These creatures have spread far beyond the reaches of the Ragon garrisons and can be found anywhere on the planet apart from a few isolated offshore islands.

As for the human survivors themselves. Some cooperate, though not everyone. Some will backstab, betray, murder and steal.

LORE

What is a Ragon?

A Ragon cannot be reasoned with. A Ragon cannot be understood; it's language and motivations are alien. A Ragon should always be considered hostile and extremely dangerous.

Homeworld: Unknown. Andromeda Galaxy.

Appearance: Ragons are huge, heavily muscled Reptilian humanoids. The average height of a male is around 4 metres, though females are, averaging 4.5 to 4.8 meters. Ragon skin varies from grey to green. Heads are large and flat with a relatively short muzzle.

The most interesting feature of a Ragon though, is the large prehensile tail which acts as a third arm and is capable of supporting the weight of the Ragon... provided the object they are holding onto can also take the creature's weight.

The Ragons' massive size is their main disadvantage against humans who can evade them in a broken landscape or the ruins of cities.

Biology: The Ragon have an exceedingly long lifespan, though they are slow breeders, partially due to the long gestation period of Ragon young and the fact that only 20% of births produce female offspring. Ragon Females are polyandrous and will each have multiple 'dearling' males serving them.

As a result of being cold blooded, a Ragon tends to focus on a single task. Practically, this means that the Ragon are often seen as silent and brooding (they are not garrulous diplomats) and too many stimuli hitting them at once can lead to sensory overload and poor decision making or reverting to animal instinct during battle. While Ragons are often considered gluttonous, depicted as one minded eating machines but this is not the case. Again, as a result of being cold blooded, a Ragon only needs to eat one large meal per earth week. Live prey is preferred (as it is the freshest), and while they can't 'chew' they have been known to tear large chunks out of living prey to swallow instead of the whole creature.

Ragons have a ‘heat sense’ (similar to that of a pit viper) which allows them to sense minute changes in temperature as infrared rays. This aids in temperature regulation and also in locating warm-blooded prey. Furthermore, their forked tongues are capable of 'stereo taste' where upon it can be flicked to 'taste' the air pick up 'sound'. Which helps in locating prey in the dark.

The thick Scales on a Ragon’s hide, even without body armour can and will absorb numerous hits from human weapons. Even when a shot does penetrate, the huge muscle mass and dense bones make a Ragon much less likely to take a critical injury. While a Ragon may seem ponderous and slow moving compared to humans, they are also phenomenally strong.

History and Society: Little is known about the Ragons apart from the scant intelligence brought back by the Destiny survivors. Their main enemies in the Andromeda Galaxy were the 'Kiellar' and 'Gollar' though, by all reports, these races were destroyed. Their preferred prey species was, a now extinct, species known as a 'Dhasath' which reportedly bore a strong resemblance to a human.

Technology: Ragon Technology is markedly superior to human technology. Their energy weapons can blast through the best body armour designed as if it were tissue paper. Their body armour is all-but impenetrable. Their gunships are fitted with energy shields which make them all-but invulnerable.

Technology in the Ruins of Earth

Ranged Weapons: While the Ragon use energy weapons to deadly effect, these are generally far too heavy for a human to lift. There are plenty of human weapons still scattered about: firearms, ostensibly little changed from those of the 21st century. The 22nd century weapons are generally faster firing and have better penetration than 21st century guns. They can hurt a Ragon trooper but are unlikely to kill one. To actually stand a reasonable chance of killing a Ragon, a survivor will need an anti-material rifle and a lot of luck. Most people find it easier to avoid them.

The most common weapons in circulation are the M26 (an assault rifle with a 30 round magazine that fires a 6.8mm cartridge) and the M7 (a pistol with a 14 round magazine that fires a 5.7mm cartridge).

Melee Weapons: There are plenty of melee weapons in circulation including a small number of Ragon energy blades. While you still need to get close enough to use them, these weapons are prized as they can cut through a ragon hide quite effectively.

Body Armour: Powered armour and other heavy forms of armour existed prior to the war. Generally survivors will avoid using armour as it tends to slow them down, limit visibility and doesn't do anything to stop Ragon energy weapons anyway.

Vehicles: There are plenty of vehicles to be found in the ruins of human cities though most are electric and useless without the infrastructure to keep them powered. There are a few petrol vehicles left around, most of which are old 'classic' vehicles or replicas of them. Some survivors have turned old vehicles into technicals, some of which mount Ragon energy weapons. While these provide mobility and firepower they are rather obvious and tend to draw unwanted attention.

THE RULES

And because it seems important to write these out, here are a few rules for making a better society:

• The People Running the Show
  • I am the OP (surprise!). Harbertia is acting as my Co-OP.
  • Decisions
    My word and the word of anyone I appoint as a Co-OP (want to be a Co-OP?) is binding. If you don’t like a decision, you can, of course, ask for us to reconsider it. Once. If we made a decision you don’t like, complaining for pages and pages is not going to endear you to anyone. Not me, not the Co-OPs and not your fellow writers.
    On that note, I intend to run this thread as an anarcho-communist cooperative. This is an unnecessarily complicated way of saying that my word DOES NOT overrule theirs. If there is an appeal and a dispute amongst the Co-OPs we will take a vote on the matter.
  • Post Quality
    I don’t have a problem with short posts but please use proper spelling (I don’t care what regional variant), grammar etc.
    Ideally also try to include a 'hook' when you write a post, which is to say something that gives other people something to respond to. If your post is something along the lines of 'Bilbo Baggins stayed in his room and read a book while the world was ending', don't be surprised if nobody responds to you.
  • Posting Commitment: Nothing is worse than making an RP only for it to die. Please try to make at least one post every 48 hours or so. If you find yourself unable to post, please let me know in the OOC thread or on Discord. If it looks like you've abandoned a character in the middle of a fight scene I might decide to kill them off if I'm feeling particularly malicious.
  • Posting Speed On the flip side, blitz posting can also be infuriating. So, especially during the important scenes, I recommend giving your fellow players a reasonable time to make a reply. We all have real lives. That being said, if someone leaves everyone waiting for over 48 hours, feel free to carry on the scene without them.
  • OOC thread Manners
    Nothing annoys me more than bad manners on an OOC thread (apart from that 'Look at my horse, my horse is amazing' song). Swearing, passive-aggressive sniping or any other rude behaviour are not welcome on the OOC. I will warn you once. If you can’t control yourself I will ask you to remove yourself from the thread.
  • IC thread Manners
    Remember, we are writing a story together, not playing to win.
  • Character Death
    Player death is possible in this RP, though will be quite rare and easily avoidable. Please don’t write that you have killed another character unless you have OOC permission from the character's owner to do it. Beat them into a pulp or take them prisoner, but don’t kill them. Having said that, if someone does something really stupid, I reserve the right to announce your character has got themselves killed. Likewise, if someone goes inactive in the middle of a fight scene without explanation and cannot be raised, I may decide to kill their character off.
  • Keep it PG13
    Shouldn’t need to be telling you this really but keep the erotica and gorn off the thread. Hopefully you all know how to write forum-safe stuff. I will be extremely disappointed if the mods have to pay us a visit.
  • Banning Players
    I really don’t want to be doing that but reserve the right to do so if you cannot follow the (hopefully, rather simple) rules above.

APPLICATION FORMS

When filling in an application form, please delete everything in parentheses.

We are going to be a little bit strict on weapons as they have the potential to take the story away from a gritty survival story into a comedy about a bunch of frat-boys casually killing all the aliens. The following are examples of things that won't be accepted:
  • Weapons that are powerful enough to put the Ragons at a disadvantage in combat.
  • Ragon ranged weapons (although you might get one in the story).
  • More than one weapon that is better than standard human equipment.
  • Weapons using the same experimental tech as someone else's (what are the odds of you both having the only two surviving examples of the Professor McMad's Cat Flinging Trebuchet?). If there is too much experimental tech in general this might get a soft ban until we get a bit more normal equipment appearing.

Character App
Code: Select all
[box]
[size=150][b]Character Description[/b][/size]
[list][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] [spoiler](Feel free to describe with text or put pictures in here.  If you are using a picture, personally, I find it easier to picture a character who is shown in photo/realistic drawing though I'm not going to get funny about anything else.  Unless it is your personal stick-man art.  I might draw the line at that.)[/spoiler]
[/list]
[b]Equipment[/b]: (Don't get carried away, I don't want to know how many water canteens or tins of beans you have, only special things such as weapons.  If you want to invent a gun, mention it here and give a BRIEF description.  If I like it I'll add it to the 'ranged weapons' section above)

[hr][/hr][size=150][b]Strengths and Weaknesses[/b][/size]
[list]
[b]Skills[/b]: (What skills do you bring to the New York underground?)
[b]Weaknesses[/b]: (Is there anything your character is really rubbish at?  Not essential you put anything in, but can be fun) 
[/list]

[hr][/hr][size=150][b]Background:[/b][/size]
[list][b]What did you do before the War[/b]:
[b]What do you do now[/b]:(Are you a mushroom farmer, security guard, excavator, doctor or what?)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Backstory[/b]:(How did you come to be here?)
 [/list][/box]

Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:43 pm

Hi, I will post the app, in a few days
Last edited by Endem on Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:19 pm

I'llalso made a couple of characters... potentially three.

Sivala
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sivala » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:23 pm

Character Description
    Name: Travis Currie
    Appearance:

Equipment: Coil-Bow (Think Gauss rifle, but crossbow and you’re not far off the mark, solid metal arrows, flexible payloads. Makes a distinctive whistling noise upon release.)

Various manufacturing tools and apparatus such as Welders, Torches, crucibles, soldering sets, etc.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Accomplished Mechanical Engineer with degrees in Mechanical Engineering (naturally), Electrical Engineering, and Theoretical Zero Gee Engineering. A reasonably decent shot, and a marathon runner before the war.
    Weaknesses: Has only one kidney, gave one to his father before the war began. Deadly allergic to peanuts. Is generally baffled, dismayed, or annoyed when laymen misunderstand the exact science behind how something works. It’s a pet peeve really.

Background:
    What did you do before the War: Mechanical and Zero Gee Engineer for Lockheed Martin. Assigned with a team of engineers to work opposite a team of theoretical physicis on how to begin zero gee manufacturing on a large scale.
    What do you do now: Armourer, Handy-man, occasional field operative, particularly when it comes to engineering based objectives.

Personality:
    Calling Travis awkward around people isn’t exactly correct. The Engineer simply finds that he doesn’t have time for stupidity, and that he’d rather play with an engineering based puzzle or challenge than attempt to jump through societies hoops when it comes to social propriety. He comes off as blunt, rude, and occasionally arrogant. But win his respect and you’ll find a man with steel in his spine to stand beside you.

Backstory: Sheer, uncompromising, bad luck. A case of the measles had kept Travis from going up to Luna to join his first team at Lockheed-Martin. So, rather than being sent up into the dangerously close confines of the Lunar colony with such a disease lurking in his body, he was assigned to another team out of Colorado. Travis was visiting his brother in New York when the attack hit, never managed to make his way out. So, the Engineer adapted to the world around him and was one of the first few members of the New York underground. While he pitches in happily, keeping as busy as a man in his position can, every now and again he can be caught staring wistfully up at the stars.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:32 pm

Character Description
    Name: James Lee Carter
    Appearance:

Equipment:
  • Jokari's Blade of Righteousness: A plasma blade of Alien design brought back from the Alien Galaxy this weapon is capable of cutting through almost anything and it is said that it belonged to a noble Avian warrior that the very own Captain Nathan Carter knew and fought alongside with. James carries this blade with him almost anywhere he goes and is seen with great respect and praise.
  • Bull Thunder Hand Gun: A rather simple design echoing weaponry of the Old West, the Bull Thunder is a high caliber hand gun reminiscing of a revolver. The first trigger fires powerful 50 caliber bullets while the other a shotgun shell, the weapon burrows the Le Matt's revolver trinket.
  • Powered Enhanced Combat Rig

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: James was raised practically from birth to fight the Ragons, he bears essential knowledge stemming from his father's recounts and training. His time in his father's militia also taught him how to lead by example and to strategy using guerrilla warfare tactics, he is a adept leader and a resounding motivator for his men.
    Weaknesses: Though some deny it, it is obvious that James's health has been diminishing for a long time ever since the war. His fighting skills are nowhere as they used to be and age has been slowly catching up to him as he is suffering from early stages of arthritis and even dementia.

Background:
    What did you do before the War: Private Contractor
    What do you do now: Leader of the Defiance Battalion
    Personality: A man of no nonsense like his Father, James is calculating and a leader of example who is determined to free Earth from the Ragon's grip and will stop at nothing to make it happen. He is a very patient man by nature and by his upbringing but does not take selfish attitudes lightly considering the circumstances humanity finds itself in and what is at stake.
    Backstory:
    Born in the previous century as the son of the famed Captain Nathan Taylor Carter, James grew up with little to no real childhood at all as from the minute he could walk his father sought to train him and prepare him for what he claimed was the inevitable storm of the Ragon's invasion. James was the youngest male of a batch of 5 brothers and 3 sisters all of whom were also rigorously trained in military tactics, weapons handling, and how to fight the onslaught of the Ragon's forces. James has always resented his father for his harsh militaristic treatment of not only himself but his siblings and mother as well who after his last sister was born died in child birth. James's mother's death was blamed on medical complications with age but James has always blamed his father's paranoid psychotic lifestyle for it.

Life in Nathan's care was harsh, shortly after returning to Earth he founded a militia called the Defiance Battalion alongside Dana Crichton, a fellow Destiny crew member who returned from Andromeda. The Battalion was quickly joined by a large number of extremist survivalists, conspiracy theorists, and other diverse batches of people who believed in the threat of the Ragons. The militia grew to become sort of a cult like organization where militaristic values of duty, combat readiness and leadership were put above all other individualistic values. Through the years several of Nathan's own children left the organization as no Ragon invasion ever came and the general disheartening took hold of them as they realized years of their lives had been wasted. James and two of his siblings were the only remaining children when Nathan finally died at age 106, still rambling that the Ragon invasion would come some day. James had only two children by the time Nathan died, Michael and Dana, James named her daughter such in honor of Dana Crichton who James remembers fondly to this day. The two grandchildren would also be trained into the militia though James would learn from his father's mistakes and not commit the same as he was not as rigorous and unforgiving as his father but still a tough parent who his children respected.

The battalion would lose several members in the aftermath of Nathans and Dana's deaths as members of both families would desert the cause and other non family members would do the same. By the time the Ragon invasion occurred the organization was only a few hundreds from the thousands it used to be, nevertheless it saw a booming of returning and new fighters as the world was now convinced the invasion was upon them. There was no celebration after the first battle, rather the Battalion prepared itself for what was to come and indeed it came. The war was bloody and short, with the battalion joining the forces of Earth in their resistance against the Ragon invasion which quickly became nothing but a massacre as the reptiles defeated Earth's forces in a matter of weeks.

James was the last remaining leader of the militia when the fighting died down and in the last days of the proper war he led both his militia and remnants of government soldiers to the hills where they would hide away to fight another day. 5 years later James continues to lead the Battalion as they have waged a long and arduous guerrilla campaign against the Ragon forces and settlers as well as trying to survive the hostile invasive fauna introduced by the occupiers. Sadly James's health is fading quickly and he relies on medical machinery connected to his body, one which has kept his brain from continuous bleeding due to injuries in the war which has began to have side effects with early signs of dementia and another with cables attached to his limbs to facilitate movement in his arthritis riddle body. Though he resents his father, James is grateful that he taught him many skills that have helped not only James but many other people who have sought the Battalion as a means of hope for the rebuild of Humanity and the end of Ragon domination. In recent times, many of the new generations within the battalion have come to idolize Nathan as a prophetic figure sent by god himself to prepare humanity for impending doom, James is not very fond of this belief and less so that his own children believe it but he keeps silent for the sake of keeping hopes up.

Now the Battalion has been losing many men as the Ragons ramp up counter attacks against the Human insurgents, and though James has tried to recruit more humans to the fight he finds it increasingly difficult to do so or to provide help to fledgling human settlements as their own survival has become a battle itself. Nobody knows what is the ultimate fate of humanity, but James continues to fight the good fight for its survival and resurgence as he wants Michael and Dana to follow in his steps and rise from mere lieutenants to the leaders of the Resistance against the alien invaders.

Character Description
    Name: Michael Kyle Carter
    Appearance:

Equipment:
  • AKE-11: Michael's weapon of choice, a refitted AK-74 assault rifle which has seen major upgrades with reverse engineered Ragon energy weaponry fitted to it. It is capable of damaging Ragon skin but it heats up rather quickly after rapid fire and ammunition requires a very arduous process and hard to find resources. Few of these Battalion made rifles exist and Michael happens to be one of its users.
  • GA-100: A rather universal weapon among the soldiers of the Battalion, this rifle is not unlike the M26 though its caliber is a bit more powerful it still is little against the Ragon's thick scales, armor, weaponry, and technology overall. Still many in the militia like it for its reliability, versatility and power.
  • AP25 Combat Pistol: Another rather standard weapon within the Battalion, this pistol of German design is capable of taking multiple kinds of ammunition which though they wont kill a Ragon by a long shot they still provide good defense in dire situations.
  • Battalions Light Combat Armor: A light variant of the regular armor and gear used in the Battalion, though lacking in much regarding equipment and protection, this armor is light and reliable. Easy to use and provides decent protection from low level weaponry that the Ragon settlers and their security forces use, for the most part.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Michael is quick witted and an avid fighters like his father and grandfather, he is also very charismatic and hopeful as well as being very sociable with most people and this allows him to make good standings with traders, settlements, and other entities in the name of the Battalion.
    Weaknesses: Michael lacks the leadership skills of his father, he describes himself as a follower and a fighter but not a leader and doesn't want anything to do with such. He believes in the cause but doesn't believe neither him or his sister for that matter are the ones that could lead the Battalion or Humanity against the Ragons. Much of this self doubt causes him at times to lose hope in the cause and though he bounces off such thoughts for the most part they still keep him up at night.

Background:
    What did you do before the War: Private Contractor.
    What do you do now: Part of the Reconnaissance Corps of the Defiance Battalion, rank of Lieutenant.
    Personality: Michael is a positive soul, a fighter with a heart of gold who tries to see the better side of things and believes that someday humanity will bounce back from this dark age. He is charismatic and evokes inspiration to many despite his own self doubts, he tries to do the right thing for the cause and for all humans but finds it difficult in such desperate times.
    Backstory:
    Michael grew up within the Defiance Battalion alongside his sister and unlike his father he began learning and practicing of military tactics and counter Ragon training at age 8 under his consent. He believed in his Grandfather's claim that the Ragons would come and he was always fascinated with grand stories of space and adventures in the beyond of space and he wished to someday see the stars like his grandpa. During training he excelled in hand to hand fighting, close quarter combat, and tactics involving sabotage and behind enemy lines operations and for this he became part of the Recon Corps within the Militia after the war, going into missions into Ragon held territory to find weak targets or other survivors to rescue.

When the war hit, he was one of the many soldiers to join the fight against the Ragon's but it all proved futile as the Earth's forces were defeated and the Ragon occupation began. The Battalion and other remnants fled and became guerrilla forces that sought to hit the occupying Ragons with hit and run attacks. Some of these attacks saw success and in others Michael saw friends die or be devoured by the vicious reptilians. Michael has done his best to be a dependable fighter in the struggle against the Ragons, assisting human settlements and groups, helping them train and fight against the hostile fauna the Ragons brought, and opening up relations between the Battalion and these groups, he hopes that some day all Humanity can unite into a single front but he would not lead such efforts as he believes he will never be up for such challenge and his father is the only capable of such task. Though he tries to remain hopeful, Michael has began to lose passion and faith in the Battalion's purpose and fight as it has become an increasingly bloody and harsh en devour, with some soldiers of the Battalion engaging in extortion and other reprehensible actions which his own sister is part of. Michael still hopes that humanity can rise up but it has become more and more of an improbability.

Character Description
    Name: Danielle Vari Carter
    Appearance:

Equipment:
  • MAR-1000: A design stemming from the Barret anti material rifle, this rifle provides a variety of rounds capable of piercing the Ragon's armor and in the hands of an adept marksman will take off lumps of brain matter off a reptiles head.
  • GA-100: A rather universal weapon among the soldiers of the Battalion, this rifle is not unlike the M26 though its caliber is a bit more powerful it still is little against the Ragon's thick scales, armor, weaponry, and technology overall. Still many in the militia like it for its reliability, versatility and power.
  • MARUS 12: A very bare bones pistol, this weapon is reliable as a self defense carry against the alien fauna and hostile Humans but offers little in protection against the Ragons unless you hit the eyes by some miracle.
  • Battalion's Scout Armor: This outfit is largely worn by members of the Battalions sniper team who opt to travel light to benefit swift movement, they provide little in terms of protection but are sturdy and have protection from the harsh elements.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Dana is a skilled and trained soldier like her brother all thanks to her dad and grandfather, but she is perhaps one of the best marksmen in the Battalion and perhaps Humanity. She is devoted to the cause of the Battalion and is willing to do whatever it takes to win and defeat the Ragons.
    Weaknesses: Dana lacks many if all kinds of social skills with people she doesn't know, she can be almost aggressive in her attempts to convince other humans to join the Battalion and in many occasions tends to try to coerce groups into giving up supplies for the cause in exchange for protection or just the gratification of helping the cause, something her own father and brother highly disapprove and reprimand but sadly can't in all occasions and for all soldiers.

Background:
    What did you do before the War: Private Contractor
    What do you do now: Member of the Defiance Battalion's Sniper Team, rank of Lieutenant
    Personality: Dana is impulsive, hard headed and a true believer in her Grandfather, and in the cause for Human Resistance. She is eager to fight against the Ragons and hates them with all of her bleeding heart and hopes that someday they can take the fight to their people and their home so they know what it is like to have everything you care for taken from you. She is not afraid to do everything that must be done to fight the Ragons and to help the cause, and if other humans get in the way of that then they are expendable in her view.
    Backstory: Born just a few years after her brother, Dana became a devoted and hard line member of the Battalion, accepting the militaristic nature of her life rather quickly she grew up to become a very skillful shot and when the war came she did her best to take out as many Ragons as she could. When the war became clearly a losing cause and the Battalion had to retreat she was clearly upset, but she knew they would come back with retribution and she hoped that they could take the fight to the Ragons homeworld in that future. In the post war time, Dana became part of the Sniper Team of the Battalion where alongside her Brothers own squad she worked to attack Ragon outposts, supply lines, and other high value targets and with her modified rifle she has amassed a death count of many Ragons, all of both genders and ages without any qualms. She has come to hate the Ragons for what they represent, greed and gluttony, they take and destroy and they must be stopped no matter what.

Now after the Battalion has suffered many losses Dana is still adamant about the Ragons needing to be defeated no matter what it takes and she is eager to take on the leadership role her father has been propping for her although her brother has been against this due to Dana's increasingly aggressive and coercive behavior with humans not affiliated with the militia and the cause or that do no fighting at all. Dana has come to see these humans are wasteful and she expects them to hand over vital supplies that could be used to fight off the Ragon occupiers and feels absolutely no sympathy for those humans that do not fight. She is prepared to do all for the cause and to honor the memory of her Grandfather and will stop at nothing until such is done.
Last edited by Arengin Union on Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:20 pm

This is very interesting.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:18 am

Sivala wrote:
Character Description
    Name: Travis Currie
    Appearance:

Equipment: Coil-Bow (Think Gauss rifle, but crossbow and you’re not far off the mark, solid metal arrows, flexible payloads. Makes a distinctive whistling noise upon release.)

Various manufacturing tools and apparatus such as Welders, Torches, crucibles, soldering sets, etc.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Accomplished Mechanical Engineer with degrees in Mechanical Engineering (naturally), Electrical Engineering, and Theoretical Zero Gee Engineering. A reasonably decent shot, and a marathon runner before the war.
    Weaknesses: Has only one kidney, gave one to his father before the war began. Deadly allergic to peanuts. Is generally baffled, dismayed, or annoyed when laymen misunderstand the exact science behind how something works. It’s a pet peeve really.

Background:
    What did you do before the War: Mechanical and Zero Gee Engineer for Lockheed Martin. Assigned with a team of engineers to work opposite a team of theoretical physicis on how to begin zero gee manufacturing on a large scale.
    What do you do now: Armourer, Handy-man, occasional field operative, particularly when it comes to engineering based objectives.

Personality:
    Calling Travis awkward around people isn’t exactly correct. The Engineer simply finds that he doesn’t have time for stupidity, and that he’d rather play with an engineering based puzzle or challenge than attempt to jump through societies hoops when it comes to social propriety. He comes off as blunt, rude, and occasionally arrogant. But win his respect and you’ll find a man with steel in his spine to stand beside you.

Backstory: Sheer, uncompromising, bad luck. A case of the measles had kept Travis from going up to Luna to join his first team at Lockheed-Martin. So, rather than being sent up into the dangerously close confines of the Lunar colony with such a disease lurking in his body, he was assigned to another team out of Colorado. Travis was visiting his brother in New York when the attack hit, never managed to make his way out. So, the Engineer adapted to the world around him and was one of the first few members of the New York underground. While he pitches in happily, keeping as busy as a man in his position can, every now and again he can be caught staring wistfully up at the stars.

Looks good to me, accepted. I'm going to call the coil-bow a unique weapon and leave it for Travis, unless you want it to be s bit more standard.

Sivala
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sivala » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:25 am

I’d imagine if there’s one, there are probably a few in limited rotation. Not very many though. Thank you for accepting me!

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:41 am

Character Description
Equipment:
12 Gauge Browning Citori
Ammo for it
His clothes
Old medical supplies

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills:
    Medical Skills
    Shooting
    Large Knowledge of History
    Weaknesses:
    Pain in the Back
    Scavanging

Background:
    What did you do before the War: Doctor in a some Hospital in New York
    What do you do now: Doctor
    Personality: usually not in a really good mood, generally pessimistic and reserved about life, yet always when he operates on someone or just makes a regular checkup his old professionalism kicks in
    Backstory: Born in 2083 in New York City, he lived a pretty regular life, gone to school and all that, he had an interest in history and biology, eventually when it came to higher education he chose biology over history eventually progressing into medical school where he earned his degrees in medicine. It is also there where he met his future wife, Linda Foster. Sometime after medical school they wed an had a son, Adam, as far as everyone was concerned they were a normal family, Adam eventually moved out, to Washington D.C, so, things were pretty normal for Jack and Linda.

Then the invasion came, unfortunately for Jack, as it was his and Linda's anniversary when Ragon's came to their city, Jack was at the hospital he worked at when it happened, he only miraculously survived and got out of the now ruined building with it pristinely white halls splattered with remains of his patients. Unfortunately, it was not the end of tragedies today for Jack, as in his apartment he found half of Linda's corpse, the legs apparently ate, Jack was simply devasted, few days after the invasion and intense hiding he managed to find a shotgun and ammo for it, at least he would be able to defend himself now, his shooting skills aren't exactly impressive, but enough to survive. After two weeks Jack needed to assume Adam also perished in the invasion.

In the following years, it would only be natural for Jack to reach New York's underground as he was probably one of the few surviving people with medical training in N.Y. City. He had become a doctor and a trusted member of the underground, in the years, even though he was known for being very pessimistic. Only time will tell if Jack will manage to survive another five years with the effects of age starting to set in.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Mercatus
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mercatus » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:46 am

Tag, I may post an app tomorrow or in a few days.
About Me: Far-Right high schooler from Texas disillusioned with the progressive path being taken by society and propagated by young people.
Political Ideology: Right Wing Populism
Religion: Evangelical Baptist Christian

Pro: Gun Rights, Nuclear Family, Protectionist Economics, Capitalism, Israel, Border Wall, Fossil Fuels, Nuclear Energy, Traditional Social Values.
Anti: Communism, Socialism, BLM, LGBTQ Rights, Environmentalism, Affirmative Action, Globalism, Corporatism, Universalism, New Age Spirituality.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:37 am

Character Description
    Name: "Raul Esteban Ayala Zapata. I prefer Raul, or Ayala."
    Appearance:
Equipment:
  • "My weapon of choice is an AR-type rifle fitted with a .450 Bushmaster upper receiver. To be clear, this is a hunting-grade weapon, not a weapon that was made for military usage. I only have ten rounds per magazine, but the power of the round when put up against a Ragon more than compensates for this. With this weapon, I've killed one Ragon to date - albeit with more than forty rounds downrange at this thing. God, that was a long ordeal. Against humans, it's a swiss cheese-maker, if you get it."
  • "As for a sidearm, I pack an M7, if I'm in the tunnels. Whenever I go topside, however, I carry an Uzi with me. Not some mini; a full-sized one. Great for sweeping hallways and fighting in the rubble. 9mm is atrocious against Ragon, but with people, it's great."
  • "I get the arguments about body armor, but I am just as likely to be shot by another person than I am a Ragon. I wear a plate carrier, coyote tan, with pouches for my ammunition and gear. Medical bag is the big thing, which I wear on my back."

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills:
    • COMBAT MEDIC - "My primary trade in life. When I joined the Navy, they rated me as a Hospital Corpsman - later became a SARC - and trained me at the METC in advanced casualty care, triage, and some other stuff, but I dove right into trauma medicine. I can shove your guts back into your chest and patch you up on the temp, and if you give me a safe place, I can stitch your chest back up and make sure everything goes back in your body as it should. I don't know what much else to say. You'll just have to get hurt whenever I'm nearby."

"On the flip-side, I've been trained to take lives as much as saving them. During my ten years in the Navy, nine of those years were spent attached to fleet combat elements - three years with a 1/1 rifle platoon, and six with the Raider Regiment. SARCs - Special Amphibious Reconnaissance Corpsmen - are expected to do the same thing as the Marines we take care of. I qualified with whatever the Marines qualified for, I did the same training, did the same PT. Most importantly, I know how to think and act responsibly in a combat situation. I wouldn't be here if I couldn't."

• CONDITIONED - "I wouldn't be here if I couldn't react to the hellish incidents I have to undergo on a daily basis. That's a case you can make for everyone else here in Grand Central, at this point. Five fucking years, of living day-to-day, and crawling through the muck and rubble, and having to stick my hands in people. Do I dream about it? Of course. Do sudden, unexpected loud sounds make me react by instinctively snapping my attention to a perceived threat? You bet. It all keeps me alive. I think on my feet, and in the now."
    • TECHNICAL SKILLS - "Believe it or not, I am a trained diver as well. Whenever the scavvers need something brought out of the water, they give me a dry suit, dive helmet, and the rest of my gear. I've received EVA training as well, not like I go out into space much anymore. Gimme the ingredients, and I can could something that's edible. Want your weapon disassembled and cleaned? I can do that. Surviving five years in these quarters, you pick up a lot of stuff. I can even drive a car, or a boat."
    Weaknesses:
    • ALCOHOLIC - "What? Want me to explain my drinking habits? Well, I do drink, quite a lot. Hard, dark liquor - whiskey, scotch, bourbon - is my poison. Drink in the morning, drink in the day, but I drink sensibly until nightfall, or at least I think so. I mean, most people don't call me a sloppy drunk when the sun's up. I suffer when I don't drink. It's a disease, but until I can find a cache of clonidine, gabapentin, naloxone, and vistaril, I have to keep drinking, or I will surely die."

Background:
      What did you do before the War: "Worked as a medic in a firefighting outfit. We'd been working the plethora of ship-board emergencies and catastro-fucks between Mars and Earth, when the Ragons came through the wormhole."
      What do you do now: "Still a medic. I stopped roaming six months ago, and been working with the good folks at Grand Central. Typically, I'm rolling with Sec because I can handle a gun as well as they can, but other times, I'm roaming the ruins with the scav crews, keeping them alive."
      Personality: "Figure it out."
      Backstory: "You asked me, 'how did I come here?' I assume you're talking about New York, or Grand Central. Or do you want my life story? The former is far more exciting than the latter, trust me. But, as for the latter, I was born into the service life. Both of my folks were attached to the NATO fleet in Europa, and I was brought into existence at the Senator John McCain Memorial Naval Hospital at Port Telemark. Military brat born in the colonies, living with the Navy all around me, moving because the Navy sent my parents to a new assignment. You could say I was kinda destined for it; I was never a remarkable kid. I did okay in school, but college never really hopped into my mind. My folks...didn't really care much about what I did after school."

"Joined the Navy because that's what I been around for all of my life. They trained us at Great Lakes and Fort Sam Houston, and as I've said before, I was rated as a Corpsman. That's a Navy word for medic. I could give less of a shit at this point in my life. My first assignment was with the 1st Marines, at Camp Rogers. Felt like an old Western at times, garrisoned out in the middle of red Martian nothingness. Lots of rucking over long distances, plenty of heat stroke and minor shit to treat. The best way I can sum up my three years at Rogers, is that I ran a clinic exclusively for six-year-olds, because that's the temperament of Marines, in this Corpsman's opinion. There was nothing to shoot, nothing to protect the miners and scavvers from, so these Marines got into all kinds of stupid shit, whether it be infecting half the camp with VD they picked up at a mining brothel - or flipping their 4x4s over. Plus, those dumb fucks had the nerve to fuck with my meds, stealing tramadol and amphetamines. I had to get mean, start beating asses."

"I became sick of it, and sought any opportunity to leave Rogers; I didn't care if I'd be a candy-striper on a hospital tub, because all that mattered was getting the fuck out of that fucking trailer park of a base. What came my way was SARC, which entailed a high degree of competency, training, and all-encompassing demands of mind, body, and spirit. Went through the ringer six times in a row, skimped through all of the drowning and self-surgery and mock battles - and it was all worth it in the end. Fun to look back on. I was assigned to the Raider Regiment."

"There was a war that didn't happen, between the Russians and NATO, out in deep space. We never really knew why we were fighting; I speculated that mining rights over the asteroids on the far edge of the system had something to do with it. Our ships fought their ships, hardly ever any groundside action for the Marines. However, us boys and girls in the Raiders had our work cut out for us. We conducted boarding ops, and by 'boarding,' we blew open the sides of Russian vessels and went inside to knock out reactors. Suicidal work, really. Sometimes, we were really, really lucky. Like, we'd get in, engage the crew with violence, surprise, and intensity, wreck said reactor and bridge, and make off out of our hole like bandits. Other times, we'd be stuck having firefights in maintenance tunnels, and I'd be on my hands and knees, trying to stabilize blast damage on some mangled fucker."

"I don't really want to talk too much about my career. Want some stories? We can talk about them later. Let's just jump forward, yeah?"

"So, I got out after ten years. Decided that I'd had enough of the military life, and I quickly found work in the business of space-based firefighting. I liked the informality of it all; we were a crew that traveled together, knew each other, but didn't have any reason to act like assholes. That was the job to have, for what little time I had it. We were responding to a fire call aboard one of the orbital commerce stations when the Ragon fleet arrived. God, I can still remember looking out of a ship window, seeing those ugly fucking ships just tearing our's - everyone's - fleets apart. Wasn't long before the Ragon hit the ship we were on. I got knocked unconscious, and apparently someone had the courtesy to ditch me in an escape pod."

"I landed on Jamaican shores, and got picked up by the Jamaican Defense Force. It was a weird period when I got to Kingston; everyone knew that the Ragon were on Earth, and actively were conquering it. The issue was that nothing was happening in the Caribbean, at least in the beginning. We all kinda figured that they'd be attacking everywhere at once, but it took five days for the Ragon to hit the Caribbean. By then, I'd thrown in my lot with the JDF. Saw action at Kingston and Montego. First time I saw a Ragon up close. It was futile fighting, in the streets and among the alleys. What we had was not nearly enough to stop them; the most we could do was evacuate - but to where? In the end, I was captured and 'deported' to Mexico."

"The Ragon had built a 'farming' facility. Held two million of us, in the most rancid and filthy mud holes that you could picture. We starved, we cried, we did our best to feed ourselves. Nothing was enough for us, nothing enough for me. We had a name for the main gathering area: 'The Pit.' A river flanked by sloping mud hills, a river that we all had to use. Made me sick, to drink what we all had bathed in, but name another choice. The Ragon didn't give a damn; they'd come in and grab people randomly in large droves, take them off to feed the troops. The greedier ones liked to chomp on people right in the Pit. There's nothing you can do, when a Ragon is just whipping people off of the ground with its tail. Always gonna remember that."

"How did I make it out? I had no business making it out; I just followed some guys down a tunnel, that miraculously didn't collapse on us. Collapses were the least of my worries. Part of me wanted to die. But I didn't, and I was free. Free to roam a world that had died, and been brought under the control of beings who were not of it. I dodged Ragons and marauders alike, before I made contact in Texas with the first 'friendly' group of humans I'd encountered since I'd left The Pit. A nameless guerrilla group that lived a nomadic life in the desert. Fifteen strong, all on horseback. They took me in, brought me up to health - and speed. I learned from them just how disoriented I was; three years of my life were spent in The Pit. I was not aware of this."

"It was a hard life on the trail, but far less difficult than spending my days waiting to be devoured.
Last edited by Cylarn on Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:39 am

Sivala wrote:I’d imagine if there’s one, there are probably a few in limited rotation. Not very many though. Thank you for accepting me!

All good, hope this turns into a fun thread! I won't add the weapon to the list up the top, leave it just for you at this point.

Endem wrote:

He is accepted as well.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:41 am

Cylarn wrote:
Character Description
    Name: "Raul Esteban Ayala Zapata. I prefer Raul."
    Appearance:
Equipment:
  • My weapon of choice is an AR-type rifle fitted with a .450 Bushmaster upper receiver. To be clear, this is a hunting-grade weapon, not a weapon that was made for military usage. I only have ten rounds per magazine, but the power of the round when put up against a Ragon more than compensates for this. With this weapon, I've killed one Ragon to date - albeit with more than forty rounds downrange at this thing. God, that was a long ordeal. Against humans, it's a swiss cheese-maker, if you get it."
  • As for a sidearm, I pack an M7.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills:
    • COMBAT MEDIC - "My primary trade in life. When I joined the Navy, they rated me as a Hospital Corpsman - later became a SARC - and trained me at the METC in advanced casualty care, triage, and some other stuff, but I dove right into trauma medicine. I can shove your guts back into your chest and patch you up on the temp, and if you give me a safe place, I can stitch your chest back up and make sure everything goes back in your body as it should. I don't know what much else to say. You'll just have to get hurt whenever I'm nearby.

On the flip-side, I've been trained to take lives as much as saving them. During my ten years in the Navy, nine of those years were spent attached to fleet combat elements - three years with a 1/1 rifle platoon, and six with the Raider Regiment. SARCs - Special Amphibious Reconnaissance Corpsmen - are expected to do the same thing as the Marines we take care of. I qualified with whatever the Marines qualified for, I did the same training, did the same PT. Most importantly, I know how to think and act responsibly in a combat situation. I wouldn't be here if I couldn't."

Weaknesses: (Is there anything your character is really rubbish at? Not essential you put anything in, but can be fun)

Background:
    What did you do before the War: "Worked as a medic in a firefighting outfit. We'd been working the plethora of ship-board emergencies and catastro-fucks between Mars and Earth, when the Ragons came through the wormhole."
    What do you do now: "Still a medic. I stopped roaming six months ago, and been working with the good folks at Grand Central. Typically, I'm rolling with Sec because I can handle a gun as well as they can, but other times, I'm roaming the ruins with the scav crews, keeping them alive."
    Personality:
    Backstory:(How did you come to be here?)

Like the look of him, looking forward to seeing him finished!

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Europa Undivided » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:42 am

Character Description
    Name: Ivan Ivanovich Ivanovsky
    Appearance:

Equipment: Yashcheritsa (Lizard Gutter): This melee weapon is a pilfered Ragon energy blade fused with a long polearm, giving it a long effective reach. It is about 7 feet long, though the energy blade could be lengthened a little bit to make its range a little longer.

Magnum Mk. VII: A single shot .22 pistol that uses tungsten bullets... when its available. It has very high accuracy and could be used to destroy a Ragon’s eyes.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Ivanovsky is one of the underground’s best fighters. He is phenomenally well versed in close quarters combat, as his background as an operative of the Russian Federation has made him especially skilled in the confines of the city ruins, where the cramped space makes it difficult for Ragons to move effectively.

In addition to this, he is a good writer and has sharp memory. He is also decent at piloting... well, if there was anything to pilot.
    Weaknesses: He is untalented in other arts.

Background:
    What did you do before the War: Special Operations for the Russian Space military
    What do you do now: Security Guard
    Personality: Ivanovsky
    Backstory: Ivanovsky was born on the Russian colony of Brest-Livotsk on the moon of Triton. He was seen with having a special interest and aptitude for martial arts, and the nearby Chinese colony of New Canton held a cadre of shaolin monks who had continued their martial traditions throughout the centuries. Ivanovsky would go to be trained by these monks at the ripe age of 18, eventually coming out of the temple with great skill in the martial arts at 21. The military was an attractive prospect, so at 23, he signed up for the Russian spec-ops, where he would be trained further. At 25, he would participate in the skirmishes between Russia and the NATO, crippling a French flotilla by sabotaging the ships on the docks of the New Burgundy in Enceladus with explosive charges in his last mission.

After that, the Ragon scouts entered, and then their main fleet. Triton fell, but not before several ships from Brest-Livotsk and New Canton managed to flee to Earth. In one of them was Ivanovsky.

The battle of Earth was swift and brutal, but when it did, Ivanovsky was in New York, and was amongst the lucky ones that got away before they could be devoured by the invaders. He could continue to be a security detail for the underground as well as one of its foremost combatants, though it is easier to simply evade enemy attention.

Last edited by Europa Undivided on Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:15 am

Europa Undivided wrote:
Character Description
    Appearance:
Equipment: Energy Polearm: This melee weapon is a pilfered Ragon energy blade fused with a long polearm, giving it a long effective reach. It is about 7 feet long, though the energy blade could be lengthened a little bit to make its range a little longer.

Magnetic Accelerator Sidearm: A revolver type pistol that propels its bullets via an electromagnetic pulse instead of gunpowder. It has very high accuracy and could be used to destroy a Ragon’s eyes.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Ivanovsky is one of the underground’s best fighters. He is phenomenally well versed in close quarters combat, as his background as an operative of the Russian Federation has made him especially skilled in the confines of the city ruins, where the cramped space makes it difficult for Ragons to move effectively.

In addition to this, he is a good writer and has sharp memory. He is also decent at piloting... well, if there was anything to pilot.

Background:
    What did you do before the War: Special Operations for the Russian Space military
    Backstory: Ivanovsky was born on the Russian colony of Brest-Livotsk on the moon of Triton. He was seen with having a special interest and aptitude for martial arts, and the nearby Chinese colony of New Canton held a cadre of shaolin monks who had continued their martial traditions throughout the centuries. Ivanovsky would go to be trained by these monks at the ripe age of 18, eventually coming out of the temple with great skill in the martial arts at 21. The military was an attractive prospect, so at 23, he signed up for the Russian spec-ops, where he would be trained further. At 25, he would participate in the skirmishes between Russia and the NATO, crippling a French flotilla by sabotaging the ships on the docks of the New Burgundy in Enceladus with explosive charges in his last mission.

After that, the Ragon scouts entered, and then their main fleet. Triton fell, but not before several ships from Brest-Livotsk and New Canton managed to flee to Earth. In one of them was Ivanovsky.

The battle of Earth was swift and brutal, but when it did, Ivanovsky was in New York, and was amongst the lucky ones that got away before they could be devoured by the invaders. He could continue to be a security detail for the underground as well as one of its foremost combatants, though it is easier to simply evade enemy attention.

If you don't mind dropping the mag pistol he's accepted. I'm going to put an arbitrary limit of one 'special' weapon per person as I want the fighting in this to be very asymmetric.

I'm recommending dropping the mag pistol as we already have a Gauss weapon in the thread, it isn't mainstream tech and i'd rather it remain unique.

I would recommend replacing it with something like a single shot .22 target shooting pistol. That's a super accurate sidearm that you could shoot someone eye with, but the single shot also gives it big drawbacks and keep everything asymmetric.

Parcia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Parcia » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:36 am

Forgive me, simply because I can't bloody remember, I banned from this?
So apparently Cobalt has named me a Cyber terrorist, I honestly don't know to be Honored or offended.
Right leaning Centrist from Florida No I am not The Floridaman...hes my uncle. Other then that dont @ me about politics, im leaving that
hell hole behind until I leave Uni.
I reserve all rights to my posts, OCs, and contributions to any threads I post on.
I'm a Pagan too, figure that shit out!
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media ... e_Lock.gif storage
Hooyah Navy.

Mercatus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mercatus » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:41 pm

Never mind the previous statement, I've got time today.

Name: George Reed
Appearance:
Tall, medium built caucasian male standing at 5'11". He has very dark, red hair and green eyes. His features are rather narrow. His skin shows no sign of tanning and is very lean. He is thin but not bony, with a considerable amount of visible muscle mass. Usually seen wearing blue jeans, brown leather boots, a jacket, and a t-shirt.

Equipment:
A Springfield Armory M1A passed down through generations, equipped with an extended mag, red dot sight, bullet pouch on the stock, and spare mags strapped to the opposite side of the action, the powerful 7.62x51mm cartridge can easily pierce through Ragon hide and armor, but is stopped shortly after with not much penetration through flesh. When equipped with Full Metal Jackets, the penetration can reach farther, but these are rare and expensive in the post-apocalyptic world. A Winchester Model 1887 made in the late 2050s by Chiappa, has a more tactical look, complete with rails, mostly polymer construction, storage for spare shells on the left side, and small holographic aperture sights. He only fires slugs from it because buckshot and birdshot would merely bounce off Ragon hide, but slugs won't kill one, rather they can blow huge chunks off the outer skin and flesh, shocking a Ragon. They have little to no penetration. Incendiary ammo is extremely rare and prized, with those dealing it often ending up dead soon after acquiring it. A small, homebuilt rail pistol that fires S&W 6mm Conical rounds (this round is completely fictional), magazine holds 10 rounds and has a very compact frame, measuring only 1.5 inches in width and 5 inches in length, and the grip fits his hand perfectly. It looks something like a Raven Arms MP25 and is relatively weak, unable to penetrate Ragon armor or hide. He built it to hunt small game and for defense against softer, human targets. It is very accurate at close range, and can penetrate human bone with ease and makes almost no noise. He always has a Bowie knife on hand. A petrol-powered Ford truck with increased efficiency from scavenged Ragon components, but everything else is out of date, as the truck is from the 1980s.

Skills: Marksmanship, woodland and backwoods survival, navigation, the art of camouflage, mechanics and engineering.
Weaknesses: Cares for no one except himself after his family was killed in the invasion, closing off potential benefits. Hot-headed, can be easily provoked. Can't dance (don't question why I put that there). Occasionally drinks heavily.
What He did Before the War: He was a rancher and militiaman.
What he does now: He is a scout for the humans in NY and also obtains food and goods through hunting and long-distance travel with his truck.
Backstory: George Reed was a rancher in Texas, helping his father with cattle and farming. His mother was praised for her wonderful cooking, and he had a little brother who was known for causing mischief. He worked hard for 4 days of the week, usually going to ball games on Friday nights and Church on Sundays, and resting on Saturdays. He had few friends at school, however, and was generally an introvert, enjoying working on the ranch more than homework or other people. He was also a DIY man from the start, building a primitive gauss gun when he was 8 and also spent months perfecting creations for the gun store he worked at. He was a well-respected man in the small town where he lived, despite being an introvert. He was a good student in school, usually maintaining an A or high B in all his classes. He also hunted and fished, becoming very skilled at both sports. Until the time of the invasion, he just desired a normal life.

When the invasion happened, he saw it. Right before his eyes, his mother and father shot by Ragon troops. His little brother managed to escape, but he has no idea where he might be. A harsh sight for someone 12 years old, he swore to fight back. Now, he mostly wants to be left alone, live a life of seclusion. He fled from Texas to NY in a trip that killed most who attempted it, and he did it on foot. By the time he arrived at NY, he had sustained burns, cuts, and other injuries that could've killed him. He was treated by the medics there, and now lives in the abandoned Four Seasons, which once was a luxurious hotel with startling feats of creature comfort and utility tech, now reduced to a rotting hulk of a building, but still stands. He sometimes has flashbacks to when he saw his parents killed and when his brother went missing.
Last edited by Mercatus on Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
About Me: Far-Right high schooler from Texas disillusioned with the progressive path being taken by society and propagated by young people.

Pro: Gun Rights, Nuclear Family, Protectionist Economics, Capitalism, Israel, Border Wall, Fossil Fuels, Nuclear Energy, Traditional Social Values.
Anti: Communism, Socialism, BLM, LGBTQ Rights, Environmentalism, Affirmative Action, Globalism, Corporatism, Universalism, New Age Spirituality.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:58 pm

Parcia wrote:Forgive me, simply because I can't bloody remember, I banned from this?

I can safely say 'no' since I've never banned anyone from any of my threads.

Mercatus wrote:Never mind the previous statement, I've got time today.

Appearance:
Tall, medium built caucasian male standing at 5'11". He has very dark, red hair and green eyes. His features are rather narrow. His skin shows no sign of tanning and is very lean. He is thin but not bony, with a considerable amount of visible muscle mass. Usually seen wearing blue jeans, brown leather boots, a jacket, and a t-shirt.

Equipment:
A Springfield Armory M1A passed down through generations, equipped with an extended mag, red dot sight, bullet pouch on the stock, and spare mags strapped to the opposite side of the action, the powerful 7.62x51mm cartridge can easily pierce through Ragon hide and armor, but is stopped shortly after with not much penetration through flesh. When equipped with Full Metal Jackets, the penetration can reach farther, but these are rare and expensive in the post-apocalyptic world. A Winchester Model 1887 made in the late 2050s by Chiappa, has a more tactical look, complete with rails, mostly polymer construction, storage for spare shells on the left side, and small holographic aperture sights. He only fires slugs from it because buckshot and birdshot would merely bounce off Ragon hide, but slugs won't kill one, rather they can blow huge chunks off the outer skin and flesh, shocking a Ragon. They have little to no penetration. Incendiary ammo is extremely rare and prized, with those dealing it often ending up dead soon after acquiring it. A small, homebuilt rail pistol that fires S&W 4mm Conical rounds (this round is completely fictional), magazine holds 10 rounds and has a very compact frame, measuring only 1.5 inches in width and 5 inches in length, and the grip fits his hand perfectly. It looks something like a Raven Arms MP25 and is relatively weak, unable to penetrate Ragon armor or hide. He built it to hunt small game and for defense against softer, human targets. It is very accurate at close range, and can penetrate human bone with ease and makes almost no noise. He always has a Bowie knife on hand, and he carries something highly prized by survivors: A Ragon plasma pistol, about the size of a large SMG and weighing nearly 12lbs, it is one of the only Ragon weapons that can be carried by human hands, and it has to be fired two-handed, something like a P90, and the cartridges are rare because they are only found in Ragon outposts and on dead aliens. It can fire 100 shots of superheated fluorine before needing to change the capacitor, and overheats after ~11 shots of rapid firing. The shots travel slower than bullets, travelling at around 30m/sec, but can just straight up melt Ragon hide, armor, and metal. A petrol-powered Ford truck with increased efficiency from scavenged Ragon components, but everything else is out of date, as the truck is from the 1980s.

Skills: Marksmanship, woodland and backwoods survival, navigation, the art of camouflage.
Weaknesses: Cares for no one except himself after his family was killed in the invasion, closing off potential benefits. Hot-headed, can be easily provoked. Can't dance (don't question why I put that there). Occasionally drinks heavily.

In general the app looks grand, though I'd like to see some backstory for George to add a bit of flavour.

Additionally, I've had a conversation with Harbertia and we've decided that we are going to restrict Ragon ranged weapons during character creation. There will be an opportunity to recover the exact weapon you've described during the thread, but we'd rather you start with human tech. Mostly because we want to make things hard for everyone :D
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:00 pm

Character Description
    Name: Hannah 'Gopher' Brown
    Appearance: Hannah is a petite, unassuming woman at 5'3'' and weighing in at just under 110lb. She has dark hair, dark eyes and has been described as looking a little 'hawk-like'.

Equipment: An M26 assault rifle and a LOT of assorted supplies held in several locked rooms in the access tunnels of the old subway network (canned food, medicines, purified water, ammunition and gasoline).

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Hannah is extremely organised and is an excellent planner and logistician. She can cook, maintain weapons and knows the best place to put a farming plot or surface dwelling, where the Ragon patrols won't spot it.
    Weaknesses: She isn't the greatest fighter on the planet and tends to feel the cold.

Background:
    What did you do before the War: Health and Safety Officer for the New York Subway
    What do you do now: Civic planner
    Personality: Hannah can be a little standoffish and snarky, though this is not because she is an inherently unpleasant person; once she warms up to people she can be quite charming. Post-apocalyptic living has led to Hannah being mistrustful towards most people until she gets to know them quite well. Cautious by nature and calm under fire, Hannah tends to favour non-confrontational tactics for the Ragon occupation: keep your head down, survive and rebuild in secret. While she usually won't talk about it, Hannah fantasises about a liberated earth free of Ragons and may be persuaded to abandon her usual caution if she thinks there is a real chance of victory.

Backstory: Hannah Brown was always a clever woman, though her complete lack of any skill at self-promotion led to a rather dull career in Health and Safety prior to the invasion. When the Ragon invaders hit New York, Hannah was at work and was quickly cut off from her parents and brother (missing, presumed dead). When other people towards their homes, Hannah ran into the subway, slinking into the access tunnels where she was out of reach of the invading forces.

She survived for the first few weeks off the stored food and drink left behind by the other subway workers. By week three there were others who had made their way down into the tunnels and the nexus of a new society was beginning to form. Hannah, and her knowledge of the labyrinthine tunnels under the city proved invaluable to the other survivors, helping to guide the small community on foraging activities which presented minimal exposure to the Ragon occupiers.

When the main Ragon force withdrew, Hannah also proved invaluable in deciding which buildings above-ground (humans don't do too well without sunlight) were better suited for habitation. The ideal buildings were not too exposed while also presenting good views of all potential approach routes and also had quick, discrete access to the tunnel system.

However, Hannah's main project over the last five years has been amassing as much canned food, medication, ammunition and, most of all, gasoline as she can. She will give supplies to other survivors when they need it, though usually on the proviso that they help her to acquire more in return. Many people find the project a little surprising since she neither doesn't operate a vehicle or a generator, prefers fresh food and avoids all combat with Ragon forces, all the while stockpiling enough supplies to last her for generations. Those who know her better though, know that Hannah is stockpiling supplies for a potential assault to liberate the city. It may never come, but if it ever does, she will be ready to supply the troops.

Her stockpile had also led to her nickname 'Gopher' (from those who see her as a tunneling hoarder). While initially used disparagingly, it is also caught on with her friends and she won't take offense at the name, even if she doesn't particularly like it.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019

Postby Europa Undivided » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:00 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Europa Undivided wrote:
Character Description
    Appearance:
Equipment: Energy Polearm: This melee weapon is a pilfered Ragon energy blade fused with a long polearm, giving it a long effective reach. It is about 7 feet long, though the energy blade could be lengthened a little bit to make its range a little longer.

Magnetic Accelerator Sidearm: A revolver type pistol that propels its bullets via an electromagnetic pulse instead of gunpowder. It has very high accuracy and could be used to destroy a Ragon’s eyes.

Strengths and Weaknesses

Background:

If you don't mind dropping the mag pistol he's accepted. I'm going to put an arbitrary limit of one 'special' weapon per person as I want the fighting in this to be very asymmetric.

I'm recommending dropping the mag pistol as we already have a Gauss weapon in the thread, it isn't mainstream tech and i'd rather it remain unique.

I would recommend replacing it with something like a single shot .22 target shooting pistol. That's a super accurate sidearm that you could shoot someone eye with, but the single shot also gives it big drawbacks and keep everything asymmetric.

Alrightu
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Mercatus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mercatus » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:08 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Parcia wrote:Forgive me, simply because I can't bloody remember, I banned from this?

I can safely say 'no' since I've never banned anyone from any of my threads.

Appearance:

Equipment:
A Springfield Armory M1A passed down through generations, equipped with an extended mag, red dot sight, bullet pouch on the stock, and spare mags strapped to the opposite side of the action, the powerful 7.62x51mm cartridge can easily pierce through Ragon hide and armor, but is stopped shortly after with not much penetration through flesh. When equipped with Full Metal Jackets, the penetration can reach farther, but these are rare and expensive in the post-apocalyptic world. A Winchester Model 1887 made in the late 2050s by Chiappa, has a more tactical look, complete with rails, mostly polymer construction, storage for spare shells on the left side, and small holographic aperture sights. He only fires slugs from it because buckshot and birdshot would merely bounce off Ragon hide, but slugs won't kill one, rather they can blow huge chunks off the outer skin and flesh, shocking a Ragon. They have little to no penetration. Incendiary ammo is extremely rare and prized, with those dealing it often ending up dead soon after acquiring it. A small, homebuilt rail pistol that fires S&W 4mm Conical rounds (this round is completely fictional), magazine holds 10 rounds and has a very compact frame, measuring only 1.5 inches in width and 5 inches in length, and the grip fits his hand perfectly. It looks something like a Raven Arms MP25 and is relatively weak, unable to penetrate Ragon armor or hide. He built it to hunt small game and for defense against softer, human targets. It is very accurate at close range, and can penetrate human bone with ease and makes almost no noise. He always has a Bowie knife on hand, and he carries something highly prized by survivors: A Ragon plasma pistol, about the size of a large SMG and weighing nearly 12lbs, it is one of the only Ragon weapons that can be carried by human hands, and it has to be fired two-handed, something like a P90, and the cartridges are rare because they are only found in Ragon outposts and on dead aliens. It can fire 100 shots of superheated fluorine before needing to change the capacitor, and overheats after ~11 shots of rapid firing. The shots travel slower than bullets, travelling at around 30m/sec, but can just straight up melt Ragon hide, armor, and metal. A petrol-powered Ford truck with increased efficiency from scavenged Ragon components, but everything else is out of date, as the truck is from the 1980s.

Skills: Marksmanship, woodland and backwoods survival, navigation, the art of camouflage.

In general the app looks grand, though I'd like to see some backstory for George to add a bit of flavour.

Additionally, I've had a conversation with Harbertia and we've decided that we are going to restrict Ragon ranged weapons during character creation. There will be an opportunity to recover the exact weapon you've described during the thread, but we'd rather you start with human tech. Mostly because we want to make things hard for everyone :D

Yeah, sorry, forgot the backstory. I'll make one, can't believe I was being that dumb lol.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:55 pm

Dropping in to introduce myself. I am Harbertia, creator of the Ragon species and co-op of this RP. I've been on NS for years now, and have plenty of Operator experience on my record. While I have no specific character in this RP I may take on the role of a few NPCs to deminish Dye Beilli's workload or perhaps I'll come up with one eventually.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:07 am

Appearance:

Equipment:
A Springfield Armory M1A passed down through generations, equipped with an extended mag, red dot sight, bullet pouch on the stock, and spare mags strapped to the opposite side of the action, the powerful 7.62x51mm cartridge can easily pierce through Ragon hide and armor, but is stopped shortly after with not much penetration through flesh. When equipped with Full Metal Jackets, the penetration can reach farther, but these are rare and expensive in the post-apocalyptic world. A Winchester Model 1887 made in the late 2050s by Chiappa, has a more tactical look, complete with rails, mostly polymer construction, storage for spare shells on the left side, and small holographic aperture sights. He only fires slugs from it because buckshot and birdshot would merely bounce off Ragon hide, but slugs won't kill one, rather they can blow huge chunks off the outer skin and flesh, shocking a Ragon. They have little to no penetration. Incendiary ammo is extremely rare and prized, with those dealing it often ending up dead soon after acquiring it. A small, homebuilt rail pistol that fires S&W 6mm Conical rounds (this round is completely fictional), magazine holds 10 rounds and has a very compact frame, measuring only 1.5 inches in width and 5 inches in length, and the grip fits his hand perfectly. It looks something like a Raven Arms MP25 and is relatively weak, unable to penetrate Ragon armor or hide. He built it to hunt small game and for defense against softer, human targets. It is very accurate at close range, and can penetrate human bone with ease and makes almost no noise. He always has a Bowie knife on hand. A petrol-powered Ford truck with increased efficiency from scavenged Ragon components, but everything else is out of date, as the truck is from the 1980s.

Skills: Marksmanship, woodland and backwoods survival, navigation, the art of camouflage, mechanics and engineering.
What He did Before the War: He was a rancher and militiaman.
What he does now: He is a scout for the humans in NY and also obtains food and goods through hunting and long-distance travel with his truck.
Backstory: George Reed was a rancher in Texas, helping his father with cattle and farming. His mother was praised for her wonderful cooking, and he had a little brother who was known for causing mischief. He worked hard for 4 days of the week, usually going to ball games on Friday nights and Church on Sundays, and resting on Saturdays. He had few friends at school, however, and was generally an introvert, enjoying working on the ranch more than homework or other people. He was also a DIY man from the start, building a primitive gauss gun when he was 8 and also spent months perfecting creations for the gun store he worked at. He was a well-respected man in the small town where he lived, despite being an introvert. He was a good student in school, usually maintaining an A or high B in all his classes. He also hunted and fished, becoming very skilled at both sports. Until the time of the invasion, he just desired a normal life.

When the invasion happened, he saw it. Right before his eyes, his mother and father shot by Ragon troops. His little brother managed to escape, but he has no idea where he might be. A harsh sight for someone 12 years old, he swore to fight back. Now, he mostly wants to be left alone, live a life of seclusion. He fled from Texas to NY in a trip that killed most who attempted it, and he did it on foot. By the time he arrived at NY, he had sustained burns, cuts, and other injuries that could've killed him. He was treated by the medics there, and now lives in the abandoned Four Seasons, which once was a luxurious hotel with startling feats of creature comfort and utility tech, now reduced to a rotting hulk of a building, but still stands. He sometimes has flashbacks to when he saw his parents killed and when his brother went missing.

Super! He looks good now!

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:54 am

FYI, everyone, I am hoping to have the IC up in 3 days time.

The thread will start with a scavenging expedition led by Hannah Brown who had broken into an old supermarket depot through a sewer tunnel adjoining the basement. The deal will be anyone can come and take whatever they need, provided they carry a few pounds of canned food for her stockpile.

I would strongly suggest your character come along as this will 'accidentally' put your character in the middle of important events.

New Udonia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 06, 2018

Postby New Udonia » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:43 pm

Character Description
    Name: Weston Gershom Foster
    Appearance:

Equipment:
  • M4A1: The fully automatic version of America's favorite carbine.
  • Glock 17: Your average semi-automatic sidearm with seventeen rounds.
  • Survival Backpack: All the necessities for when a grocery run could last dozens of days... sleeping bag, thermos, ammo magazines, rope, knife...

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Weston is skilled in problem-solving and structural analysis, which are vital for his construction career. He can handle himself and he won't faint at the sight of blood. He has a decent aim, which keeps him alive when he's out on his "expeditions".
    Weaknesses: Weston's moral code can get him into trouble. He won't readily sacrifice himself for a cause, but he won't stand by and let evil happen.

Background:
    What did you do before the War: College Student: Studied Civil Engineering
    What do you do now: Underground construction work. Scavenges on free-time.
    Personality: Weston wants to make the best out of an unthinkable situation. He'll laugh at your joke as long as it is funny. He doesn't work for free, but he would share his food with you if you were starving. He's optimistic about the future of Sub-York, as long as they can manage to keep it a secret and avoid becoming divided...
    Backstory: He was a college sophomore when the invasion began. As a Washington D.C. resident, his location was one of the military's top priorities, which was a bad thing when the enemy was unbeatable. With the capital swarming with invaders and the nation's asphalt tributaries in gridlock, he helped some of his fellow students escape into the surrounding forests, from where they gathered necessary supplies [including his survival pack] from the abandoned suburbs in order to continue on their trip further from civilization. When a suitable evacuation plan was formulated, in the form of abandoned functioning military vehicles, he voluntarily gave up his spot for one of his associates [after retrieving an intact M4A1 from a soldier's remains]. He, accompanied by his hardiest friends, took the Appalachian trail north. When they arrived in the former ruins of New York, Weston and his friends initially thought they had hit the jackpot. After some good days [he found a Glock 17 in an abandoned NYPD patrol car] Weston and his friends took shelter in the subway during a storm. They soon realized that they weren't as alone as they initially thought.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLKJ
News: The New Udonian Weekly

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse