NATION

PASSWORD

Al-Saranidi Army Officers’ Academy(IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:20 pm

Saranidia wrote:
Bolslania wrote:
Druster salutes and walks over to the tanks instructional classroom.

“How many tanks are in a tank platoon?” Asks the instructor, Cornet Maryam Al-Gaddafi

Standardly, 5, but some nations differ from that sir." Druster replies.

Chess Empire
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Chess Empire » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:33 pm

A young, blonde woman approached the gates of the school.
White women weren't a common occurrence in Saranidia, and her lack of a hijab only made her stand out all the more.
Still, hijab aside, she was conservatively dressed-a grey dress, with sleeves down to her wrists and a hem that ended just above her ankles-revealing a pair of scuffed and worn-out riding boots.
A longsword hung at her belt in its sheath, and she gripped a large traveling case in her left hand.

Upon seeing noone else at the gates, she set her case down and stood at the side. While waiting, she drew her sword and began to go through a few basic stances and guards.
While far from perfect, anyone who saw her could instantly tell that she knew how to handle and use the blade.
Last edited by Chess Empire on Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saranidia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:06 pm

Chess Empire wrote:A young, blonde woman approached the gates of the school.
White women weren't a common occurrence in Saranidia, and her lack of a hijab only made her stand out all the more.
Still, hijab aside, she was conservatively dressed-a grey dress, with sleeves down to her wrists and a hem that ended just above her ankles-revealing a pair of scuffed and worn-out riding boots.
A longsword hung at her belt in its sheath, and she gripped a large traveling case in her left hand.

Upon seeing noone else at the gates, she set her case down and stood at the side. While waiting, she drew her sword and began to go through a few basic stances and guards.
While far from perfect, anyone who saw her could instantly tell that she knew how to handle and use the blade.

“Good morning, mi’lady” said a young Al-Saranidi cadet, of mixed Arab and Berber descent like most Al-Saranidis.
This cadet was six foot five, dark haired man in his early twenties with a trimmed beard and mustache.
Mostly represents my views but what I think a Middle Eastern nation should do which will be sometimes different to what I think a western nation should do(because the people have different needs in different places)

Vote Lisa Nandy

Copy this into your sig if you know sex and gender are different and did not fail biology.

RIP grandpa kitchen

Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium
Envoy

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:14 pm

Saranidia wrote:
Alpes a Septentrionali imperium wrote:

“Your first class is infantry tactics.” Said Major Muhammad Hussain

He gives a small salute before saying " Thank you Sir. I will be one my way now"
Note: Many factbooks are in a constant state of WIP or being considered for entire rework or deletion

Welcome to The Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium, a nation where I brutalize and adapt Latin and French History to my needs to get my Ultraroyalist Absolutist French Monarchy with a vaguely French-sounding fictional royal family to work.

Don't ask about the flag, it has something to do with RMB RP that I'm involved with.
Leader * Overview[Perpetual WIP] * Military * Ask me questitons

Chess Empire
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Chess Empire » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:19 pm

Saranidia wrote:
Chess Empire wrote:A young, blonde woman approached the gates of the school.

“Good morning, mi’lady” said a young Al-Saranidi cadet, of mixed Arab and Berber descent like most Al-Saranidis.
This cadet was six foot five, dark haired man in his early twenties with a trimmed beard and mustache.

The woman's sword swang around and stopped an inch from his Adam's apple.

After a tense moment, she returned the sword to it's sheath. "Sorry 'bout that. You another cadet?"

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:14 am

Chess Empire wrote:
Saranidia wrote:

The woman's sword swang around and stopped an inch from his Adam's apple.

After a tense moment, she returned the sword to it's sheath. "Sorry 'bout that. You another cadet?"

“Yes my father is a Colonel and I grew up from a young age wanting to join the Army including to become an officer as soon as I knew what it was.
I got an Arabic degree at Al-Ahzar then went straight here.”
Mostly represents my views but what I think a Middle Eastern nation should do which will be sometimes different to what I think a western nation should do(because the people have different needs in different places)

Vote Lisa Nandy

Copy this into your sig if you know sex and gender are different and did not fail biology.

RIP grandpa kitchen

Chess Empire
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Chess Empire » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:52 pm

Saranidia wrote:
Chess Empire wrote:The woman's sword swang around and stopped an inch from his Adam's apple.

“Yes my father is a Colonel and I grew up from a young age wanting to join the Army including to become an officer as soon as I knew what it was.

The woman nodded, not really listening to him.
She unsheathed her sword again, and resumed going through the basic guards and stances. "You know when they're going to open the gates?" she asked, as she continued...well, basically swinging her sword around.

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:02 am

Chess Empire wrote:
Saranidia wrote:“Yes my father is a Colonel and I grew up from a young age wanting to join the Army including to become an officer as soon as I knew what it was.

She unsheathed her sword again, and resumed going through the basic guards and stances. "You know when they're going to open the gates?" she asked, as she continued...well, basically swinging her sword around.

They open the gates
“Look, they’re open” says the cadet.

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

Empire Occupied Terra
Secretary

Founded: Nov 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire Occupied Terra » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:45 pm

Saranidia wrote:
Chess Empire wrote:

They open the gates

"It's about time..." a newcomer would state. In rather crisp and snug grey-green double-breasted dress tunic and trousers, shadowed by someone of lesser rank than him. His tan skin indicated he was no different than most people who would attend the school...save for an unusual gold bead on his nose between his eyes. The newcomer's associate however, seemed to be utilizing some sort of tablet to take notes, and occasionally pictures, and gave off a quiet, no-nonsense demeanor. "Has the school been closed for so long that we resort to fencing outside it's doors?" the newcomer would remark snidely, having noted the young woman.

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:29 am

Empire Occupied Terra wrote:
Saranidia wrote:They open the gates

"It's about time..." a newcomer would state. In rather crisp and snug grey-green double-breasted dress tunic and trousers, shadowed by someone of lesser rank than him. His tan skin indicated he was no different than most people who would attend the school...save for an unusual gold bead on his nose between his eyes. The newcomer's associate however, seemed to be utilizing some sort of tablet to take notes, and occasionally pictures, and gave off a quiet, no-nonsense demeanor. "Has the school been closed for so long that we resort to fencing outside it's doors?" the newcomer would remark snidely, having noted the young woman.

The door is opened

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

Chess Empire
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Chess Empire » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:32 am

Saranidia wrote:They open the gates

Without a word, the woman sheathed her sword.
As she picked up her bags, she shot back her own retort at the newcomer.
"Is your brain contained within that little golden sex toy on your nose?"

With that, she entered the school, a scowl etched across her face.

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:39 am

Chess Empire wrote:
Empire Occupied Terra wrote:"It's about time..." a newcomer would state. In rather crisp and snug grey-green double-breasted dress tunic and trousers, shadowed by someone of lesser rank than him. His tan skin indicated he was no different than most people who would attend the school...save for an unusual gold bead on his nose between his eyes. The newcomer's associate however, seemed to be utilizing some sort of tablet to take notes, and occasionally pictures, and gave off a quiet, no-nonsense demeanor. "Has the school been closed for so long that we resort to fencing outside it's doors?" the newcomer would remark snidely, having noted the young woman.

Without a word, the woman sheathed her sword.
As she picked up her bags, she shot back her own retort at the newcomer.
"Is your brain contained within that little golden sex toy on your nose?"

With that, she entered the school, a scowl etched across her face.

“Are you ok, sweetie?” Asked the cadet.

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

Chess Empire
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Chess Empire » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:55 pm

Saranidia wrote:snip

The cadet got a slap across his face in return, and she pulled his ear to her mouth.
"That's fer callin' me 'sweetie'." she growled. "I ain't yer girlfriend. Pull that shit again and I'm putting this piece 'o metal through your throat."

Empire Occupied Terra
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire Occupied Terra » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:20 pm

Chess Empire wrote:-slap-

If the first remark would earn him a coy smirk, the second outburst from the young woman earned a barking laughter from the grey-clad officer. "Please do, it'll be far more eloquent and cared for than his tongue." he retorted. "Perhaps if you angle it through his skull, it'll be brighter than the former contents."

Everything about Saranidia was an annoyance to the man, having gone through a coup or civil war on a bi-weekly basis. Some Solly-person attempted try and take over this blasted patch of sand for some asinine reason or the other. Apparently he was married to the job, having been so since joining a school much like this, and that certain gossip rags were wondering if he even fathered the young Muhammad. No doubt COMPNOR would be pouring over every aspect of Saranidian society to further their own notion of secular state-worship. At least this woman would pose an intellectual, as well as physical challenge.

"Come along Qas." He nodded to his attache as they picked up their bags, paying the assailed Saranidian no mind, though giving the young lass a respectful berth.

Chess Empire
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Chess Empire » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:44 pm

If the first remark would earn him a coy smirk, the second outburst from the young woman earned a barking laughter from the grey-clad officer. "Please do, it'll be far more eloquent and cared for than his tongue." he retorted. "Perhaps if you angle it through his skull, it'll be brighter than the former contents."

Everything about Saranidia was an annoyance to the man, having gone through a coup or civil war on a bi-weekly basis. Some Solly-person attempted try and take over this blasted patch of sand for some asinine reason or the other. Apparently he was married to the job, having been so since joining a school much like this, and that certain gossip rags were wondering if he even fathered the young Muhammad. No doubt COMPNOR would be pouring over every aspect of Saranidian society to further their own notion of secular state-worship. At least this woman would pose an intellectual, as well as physical challenge.

"Come along Qas." He nodded to his attache as they picked up their bags, paying the assailed Saranidian no mind, though giving the young lass a respectful berth.

The woman released the cadet, but raced to catch up with the other one. "Oi! Oi! Yer from that crazy space empire, roight?"

Empire Occupied Terra
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire Occupied Terra » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:57 pm

Chess Empire wrote:The woman released the cadet, but raced to catch up with the other one. "Oi! Oi! Yer from that crazy space empire, roight?"

The duo would pause, and seem to comically look at each other and around before pretending to realize that it was they who the woman was referring to. "...Perhaps, perhaps not." the Sergeant would begin. "As per regulation, any formal inquiries-"
"I don't think she's formally doing anything, Ollie." the tanned gentleman smiled. "If you mean on the Imperial-Solurth Military Integration and Co-Observation Post, then yes." he would crisply bow once clicking his boots together. "Lieutenant Jag Coliman, of His Majesty's Armoured Assault Division, at your service." the gesture would be repeated by his blond haired companion. "This is Olirr Qas, a Sergeant and the designated paper-shuffler."

"Technically he's supposed to do more of his paperwork, but I just ensure that he isn't spell-checking everything." the blond sergeant quipped with a stony stoic expression.

"It would have been excusable if Basic, or rather "English" wasn't the bureaucrat's first language, but all those errors..." Jag would shudder. "You'd be thrashed and thrown out of the Academy for less..."

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:02 am

Following the Lieutenant’s insulting remarks the cadet was not happy,
He walked up to him, looked into his eyes and said “I demand satisfaction!”

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:03 am

Druster watches the newcomers squabbling with a stoic face. He turns to the trainer.

"By your leave sir?" He says, the officer nods. Druster then strides over to the new cadets.

"All of you, at attention!" He barks.(FIY he is a captain)

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:45 am

Bolslania wrote:Druster watches the newcomers squabbling with a stoic face. He turns to the trainer.

"By your leave sir?" He says, the officer nods. Druster then strides over to the new cadets.

"All of you, at attention!" He barks.(FIY he is a captain)

“Sir!” Says the cadet and salutes “regulated duelling is legal, sir!”

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

Empire Occupied Terra
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire Occupied Terra » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:15 pm

Lieutenant Caliman and Sergeant Qas at the very least stood at attention, barking out a "Sir!" Unlike the cadet, he would not speak unless addressed by the superior officer, and the notion of dueling seemed to cause the blond sergent to twitch out a smile. Barely. Standing at attention meant being stoic in the presence of any drill officer. While Qas due to his Mandalorian heritage would have relished acquainting what little perceived gray matter the cadet had with his teeth, Caliman would have preferred to be as far away from the foppish Saranidian as possible. If the cadet was so eager to fly off the handle over some personal insults, he lacked the self-discipline for command, and perhaps ceding an apology now would allow him to devastate him later in wargames.

Polish Prussian Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:53 pm

Tag for reading
Last edited by Polish Prussian Commonwealth on Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Furthermore, I submit that Carthage NSG must be destroyed." t. Marcus Porcius Cato

IC name is "Blauveldt-Ryszana".

A traumatized, but recovering, MT-Early PMT/FanT constitutional monarchy consisting of a personal and constitutional union of two Realms. Features: near-universal gun ownership, governmental dysfunction, terrified Christinaslander Air National Guard personnel counting down the days until they rotate back home, and an eternal standoff with the last of it's former oppressors.

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 14, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:10 pm

[REDACTED]
(just ignore this message)
Last edited by Ard al Islam on Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chess Empire
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Chess Empire » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:02 pm

Otulissa chuckled at Jag's mention of the Saranidian's...ineptitude with English, and was about to respond when an officer called them to attention.
"Sir!" she shouted, clicking her heels and snapping off a salute.
The cadet's stupidity, of course, had ticked her off as well, but there really was nothing she could do in the presence of an officer-they were all cadets, and speaking out of turn was forbidden.
Still, her sword was far from a piece of random stainless steel-it was an entirely functional weapon that had passed down through the family, and although it had to be reforged several times, it still was pretty good for chopping a bloke's head off.

For now, she consoled herself with the thought of eventually trouncing the idiot in a fight.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:18 am

(Replying to all involved)

His eyes flicked to the Saranidian speaking out of line.

"You are correct,cadet, dueling is legal, but this was neither regulated nor dueling." Turning to the others.

"Now, what was going on here?" He said, his voice as cold and stern as rock.

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:54 am

Bolslania wrote:(Replying to all involved)

His eyes flicked to the Saranidian speaking out of line.

"You are correct,cadet, dueling is legal, but this was neither regulated nor dueling." Turning to the others.

"Now, what was going on here?" He said, his voice as cold and stern as rock.

“The Imperialist insulted me for being nice to the refugee girl, I demanded satisfaction IE either an apology or a duel, as a gentleman’s response, Captain!”
Said the cadet.

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates