NATION

PASSWORD

World of Gods Reboot (OOC|OPEN!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Konaz
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Konaz » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:21 pm

Should I bring Enelky back for this reboot? If I can get at least 4 YES I’ll bring her back for the reboot.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:24 pm

Konaz wrote:this is how Nosso looks like:
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... pHFULtyLyM

Link is broken
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Anont
Secretary

Founded: Aug 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Anont » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:32 pm

Name: Hepakatos
God of: The Forge Patron God of Blacksmith
Titan or Deva: Deva
Powers and Abilities: Summon Fire, quickly make automatons to hell him in battle, Hellfire, Greek Fire, cover himself in flames, inferno overdrive ( if y’all seen Pokémon then y’all know what it is) Fire shell and Fire wall ( a fire shell protects him while a fire wall is a move that traps opponents)
Ultimate Ability: Industrial Might
His Forge works overtime to summon Automatons.
Appearance:https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dawn-of-gods/images/5/5b/Hephaestus_Summon.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160622150715
Short Bio: Hepakatos isn’t as old as most Gods. Created when the first humans got ahold of the first metals, he gave them the knowledge to do so. Hepakatos has been known to make Devine Weapons. he can often be seen at his forge making new inventions for humankind. He is usually there most of the day. When he is not he likes to interact with other Gods

Name: Adonis
God of: Healing, Medicine, Hygiene, Archery Patron God of Doctors
Titan or Deva: Deva
Appearance:https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/olympians/images/5/54/Apollo_Viria.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180413123657
Powers and Abilities: quick healing, self regeneration, elite archery skills or anything that has to do with sharp shooting ( Crossbows, guns, etc)
Short Bio: when the first disease appeared so did Adonis. A god that spread the knowledge of Medicine and Hygiene to the Ancients and later in the late 1800’s. He has been combating disease ever since. He has also made progress as well. he is a god that spends most of his time in a lab making cures for mankind.
(I’m back sorry for ghosting you guys but there wasn’t much to write about since both Gods got knocked down in the war but this is a reboot so a better background for both will be good.)
Last edited by Anont on Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Konaz
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Konaz » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:36 pm

New form

Vying Jade
Attaché

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Vying Jade » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:51 pm

so is my app okay?

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nagakawa » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:45 am

Name
Yudik

God of
Luck, gambling, betting (Concept)

Titan or Deva?
Deva

Powers and abilities
As the god of gambling and fortune, Yudik is in control of bets and chances taken by the brave and by the foolish; the outcome of gambles as innocuous as rolls of the dice, shuffles of the deck, and tosses of the coin and as dangerous as Russian Roulette are all decided by his ever-changing and capricious whim. This does not, however, extend to such things as wars and games of strategy like chess; for Yudik to have jurisdiction, the games in question must have a significant element of chance present.

Appearance

Short Bio
As the god of gambling, Yudik is a controversial figure, his happy-go-lucky and utterly irreverent demeanour both a source of entertainment and of frustration among the other gods and of mortals. He is worshipped relentlessly by gamblers and stockbrokers, and revels in watching the extremities of joy and anguish as a result of his decisions.

He lives in a three-storey glass mansion with swimming pools filled with wine and slot machines in every corner.

~+~+~+~

Name
The Grim Reaper

God of
Terminal illness, transition between the mortal realm and the afterlife (Spiritual)

Titan or Deva?
Deva

Powers and abilities
The Grim Reaper may not act on his own, but only on the command of the God of Death; thus, while the God of Death is sovereign, it can be said that the Grim Reaper is Death's right-hand man and lieutenant, deciding for his sovereign the mechanism of death for those whose time has come.

For those whose days are numbered but whom Death cannot reach, he inflicts terminal illness to hasten the cessation of life, and upon the passing of the individual from the mortal realm, he is tasked with the ferrying of the person from the mortal realm to the next plane. This latter task sometimes requires that the Grim Reaper defend the souls of the deceased from other entities that seek to grab them while in transit for whatever reason.

To fulfil his task of defending the souls of those in transit, the Grim Reaper wields three weapons:
  • Areadbhar- a lance whose head bursts into searing black flames when brought out in battle
  • Fragarach- a sword with a mysterious aura that drains the willpower of those who come close (within arm's length) to it
  • Atet- the iconic scythe used to keep the souls of the deceased close, to prevent them from wandering off into the alluring darkness

Appearance

Short Bio
Little is known about the Grim Reaper, except that he has existed as a figure closely associated with death, and to some, as a personification of death itself. Those who know him well often comment on his surprisingly taciturn and melancholy nature.

The Grim Reaper lives on a little boat floating upon a black river, and mostly keeps to himself when not at work, though he will entertain visitors for a limited amount of time.
If you run, you gain one, but if you move forward, you gain two.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:49 am

Domain app and second god app incoming soon.

Name: Txotes

God of: Darkness, emptiness, entropy

Titan or Deva? Titan (Cosmic)

Powers and abilities:

• The Dragon That Devours All Things: When something is swallowed by Txotes, it is instantly and irrevocably destroyed. Even time is unravelled when it passes the limit of Txotes' jaws.
  • The Serpent That Hungers for Secrets: Txotes grows in power the more it eats, with more complex things providing it more sustenance than simple things. For example, eating books or people provide Txotes with more sustenance than eating rock.
  • The Worm Burrowing Through Flesh: Txotes can wind its way through the universe freely, unburdened by gravity. When not imprisoned, Txotes can even "tunnel" through spacetime in order to teleport itself anywhere within whatever universe it is currently in. Sometimes one of its "tunnels" has more than one exit, allowing it to appear in more than one place at once.
  • The Whale That Nourishes Its Children: Txotes involuntarily "sheds" parts of its flesh sometimes, which transform into strange and powerful creatures, occasionally even new Devas. These creatures instinctively defend Txotes when they are born, but they have a will of their own, and many eventually turn on their parent, as even they aren't safe from its mindless hunger.

Appearance: This is its most common form, but it can also appear as a worm, whale, dragon, or centipede with similar traits.

Short Bio: When the Life-Giver created the mortal universe, the first and only thing that existed within it was Txotes. Txotes was born with an insatiable hunger, but because there was nothing else in existence, it couldn't find anything to eat. Finally, in desperation, it began biting at itself. Txotes tore itself apart, spreading its flesh across the entire universe. This flesh became the raw matter of the universe - just as the Life-Giver had planned.

When the other Cosmic Gods entered the mortal universe and began shaping it into galaxies and planets, they encountered Txotes for the first time. The Cosmic Gods were afraid, because every time they built something, Txotes would eat it - Sometimes it even ate entire Devas. The greatest of the Cosmic Gods conceived of a plan to get rid of the snake, so they could continue their work.

The Cosmic Gods lured Txotes into Unera, placing a large stash of food in the Beyond for it to eat. Txotes ate and ate at this food, and circled round and round itself as it did so, until the serpent became a sphere. Swiftly, the Cosmic Gods built a disk-shaped lattice of starlight around it, trapping Txotes. With Txotes imprisoned, the Cosmic Gods could return to their work without fear, and began to build stars and planets and galaxies once more.

Txotes is still hungry, though, and it continues to spawn and then consume children within its prison, slowly growing larger in the process. One day it will be large enough to eat its way out of its prison, which will end the world. The Cosmic Gods have built their cities and palaces within the star lattice, so they can continue to watch the serpent and prepare for this day.
Last edited by Utceforp on Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:52 pm

^ Well there is another candidate for Setsa's heritage.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Raktio
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:07 pm

Harbertia wrote:^ Well there is another candidate for Setsa's heritage.

Maybe Setsa's a special little girl with two daddies?
Broadside dead ahead!

No, this comment is not meant to be sarcastic.

Vying Jade
Attaché

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Vying Jade » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:09 pm

i dunno if mine will be accepted, let alone what her origins would be... :(

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:50 pm

Raktio wrote:
Harbertia wrote:^ Well there is another candidate for Setsa's heritage.

Maybe Setsa's a special little girl with two daddies?

Right now it seems she may have been a bit of Txotes flesh that became a Deva. She'd be a living example of such a being. OH OH I know she was adopted by Panos?! That sounds good to me.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Anglomania
Attaché

Founded: Jan 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglomania » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:49 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Raktio wrote:Maybe Setsa's a special little girl with two daddies?

Right now it seems she may have been a bit of Txotes flesh that became a Deva. She'd be a living example of such a being. OH OH I know she was adopted by Panos?! That sounds good to me.

How about this background?

Created while Txotes was still wandering freely, Setesa was formed, with a whole other bunch of unknown beings. Txotes waged war on these beings to supply his need of hunger. Setesa and her siblings fought bravely but were utterly defeated, with Setesa being the sole survivor. Weakened by the fight she fled, far away from Txotes. While fleeing she encountered a planet. Earth was that particular planet, she decided to spend her time there as she had journeyed for a long time and was beyond Txotes reach, for now that is. While on the planet she encountered another deity, the God of the Wild Panos. They weren’t to friendly with each other at first but as time moved in they became good friends as much as Panos even considered Setesa as his own daughter. As a gift one day Panos have her the title of the Snake Goddess and Mother of snakes, which to this day all snakes have been descended from Setesa.
“The Anglman People will endure forever Peace and hope to all with this let’s strive into the future with prosperity and make our stand on the Global Stage which would lead us to wealth and richness that will guide our nation among the other nation”
- Prime Minister
Othelius Antoni’s
Part of his Inauguration Speech

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:33 pm

Anglomania wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Right now it seems she may have been a bit of Txotes flesh that became a Deva. She'd be a living example of such a being. OH OH I know she was adopted by Panos?! That sounds good to me.

Created while Txotes was still wandering freely, Setesa was formed, with a whole other bunch of unknown beings. Txotes waged war on these beings to supply his need of hunger. Setesa and her siblings fought bravely but were utterly defeated, with Setesa being the sole survivor. Weakened by the fight she fled, far away from Txotes. While fleeing she encountered a planet. Earth was that particular planet, she decided to spend her time there as she had journeyed for a long time and was beyond Txotes reach, for now that is. While on the planet she encountered another deity, the God of the Wild Panos. They weren’t to friendly with each other at first but as time moved in they became good friends as much as Panos even considered Setesa as his own daughter. As a gift one day Panos have her the title of the Snake Goddess and Mother of snakes, which to this day all snakes have been descended from Setesa.

That works for me.

Still have to see if Txotes is accepted.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:08 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Anglomania wrote:

That works for me.

That works to me as well - I'd also be willing to use another "default" shape for Txotes, to maintain Setesa's uniqueness, if you want.
Signatures are so 2014.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:19 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Harbertia wrote:That works for me.

That works to me as well - I'd also be willing to use another "default" shape for Txotes, to maintain Setesa's uniqueness, if you want.

I would like that :)
Tomorrow is made today.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:56 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Utceforp wrote:That works to me as well - I'd also be willing to use another "default" shape for Txotes, to maintain Setesa's uniqueness, if you want.

I would like that :)

In that case, now I just need to decide between making Txotes an eel, a dragon, or a worm.
Last edited by Utceforp on Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Raktio
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:06 pm

There's also the matter of the fact that I'm contending with you over being a Cosmic Titan.
Also I'd like to point out that with its great devourer role (darkness, emptiness & entropy don't consume) it actually might fit better as Conceptual Deity of Hunger. Probably could also argue for Spiritual as the Nemesis of Existence or something like that.

Raktio wrote:Name: Khov-Pharn
God of: Spacetimeand dimensions (Cosmic) with a lesser dominion over general cosmic forces.
Titan or Deva? Titan
Powers and abilities:
  • Short Range Portals: Connecting two "nearby" points in space, allowing to easily redirect ranged attacks and anything "projectile like"
  • Spatial Warping: Bending space to easily leverage distance, and twist around attacks and defenses.
  • Time Dilation: Accelerate and decelerate relative times, and even being able to put Devas into temporary stasis.
  • Probability Foresight: Khov-Pharn can see things that are about to happen based on observed events, allowing him to predict most likely attack and defense patterns among other things..
  • Reality Slicing: Khov-Pharn's main attack method, it will cut through anything, even nothingness itself gets rendered by this, however it is much more costly for Khov-Pharn to use than any other trick, and the burnout from continuous use is tremendous.
Khov-Pharn's combat abilities derive originally from his non-combat skills, only honed for speed and the ability to strike and more importantly, defend. That being said, his real power lays in overwriting what is real and being able to reshape the worlds and alter some of the rules governing them in areas. This power is tremendous within his own domain, enough so that he can defeat Athanatos while they are within Pharn. Outside of his domain, it is much less of a factor, and reality resists him by a greater degree (like trying to work with random dirt and water instead of clay), additionally he also possesses a smaller portion of the powers of his Devas, roughly at fifth of their maximum strength, and in no way combat applicable on the god scale. Although not strictly a power, he is an exceptional crafter of divine artifacts and architecture due to it being his pastime hobby to remake parts of his domain maintain the portals between the Mortal World and the Spiritual World along with frequent requests for teleportation devices, personal dimensions and other such trinkets (which he charges a metaphorical arm and a leg for since he has better things he could be doing).

(Image)
Typically, Khov-Pharn doesn't actually leave his domain, but rather sends an avatar which he controls via his will, but the avatar's offensive power is ultimately a lot less than an average Deva's power (can use minor versions of all his combat abilities aside from Reality Slicing).

Short Bio: Holding off on this since I kind of want to figure out some interaction with the other gods. Though currently I'm thinking that Khov-Pharn would be at least the second god to hold the name of Cosmic Titan, and that his predecessor fell when Athenatos's fell due to a horde of demonic creatures invading Unera. In reaction, the gods push back and establish a much better defense of Unera, including wrapping the Cosmic Domain around the other three domains to make an impassable barrier. Of course, that takes some collaboration with other players to figure out.

There is, in fact, a teapot in orbit around the sun between Earth and Mars's orbits'.

Domain Name: The Infinite Star Maze of Pharn
To outsiders, Pharn is an impossibility to comprehend. Rather than a landscape, it is a seemingly endless void with a jaw dropping display of stars in the background which can easily mesmerize a mortal for aeons. The space itself is riddled with twists and turns in space and time, entire dimensions lay within the domain and many of them are similar to natural disasters of the mortal world but where the denizens are not effected by, and often use them to their advantage. Any structure native to the plane is either made from starlight, folded space, or alien rock structures, or something along those lines (there is a pavilion made completely out of moonlight which Khov-Pharn will use for important guests in casual situations) of similarly unearthly materials. Somewhere within the warped weirdness of the Domain is a massive, cratered looking massive asteroid which is also the de-facto capital city of Pharn. The city appears to both be a flat plane and a sphere at the same time to those who can understand what they're looking at, to most however it looks as though it is a forever morphing, warping and changing expanse of disturbing rock like thing which doesn't even give proper feel of how close it is until you basically crash into it.
Description of territory: Pharn lays between Unera and Beyond Unera, a barrier between the godlands and the endless darkness. It stands as the first wall of defense for Unera, trapping and sending the denizens of the Beyond back to the darkness in which they spawned. From outside of Pharn, it looks fairly simple. A vast amount of space with a myriad of glistening stars turning the place into a dazzling spectacle from afar (many of the less intelligent demons have been known to simply stare at the Star Maze for ages, to the point that there are betting pools in the Spiritual World on how long before they either wander off, fall asleep or continue into the Maze), and unlike the stars of the Mortal World, many of the stars of Pharn move about at various rates, creating a firefly like aura. To enter Pharn from Beyond Unera, one must manage to get through the Veil Wall which covers the entire exterior of Pharn like a massive wall, but since the creation of the wall it has fallen into massive disrepair and many parts of it are easily breached by lesser demons.

The Beyond facing areas of Pharn are a celestial cesspool of dimensional and time traps, spatial twists and wandering bands of hunters who seek to capture and kill demons within the much safer borders of Pharn. Being the equivalent to the outback of Pharn, it suitably has cosmic monstrosities which prefer to live in the ruined and wild space of the outer layer, including drifting chunks of sentient spacetime and twisted creatures who have escaped from the Beyond and have over time become part of Pharn, many of which are the predecessors to many of the more horrific entities of Pharn. It is also in this area that some more crafty, medium leveled demons who can hold their own against more powerful worshipers have managed to convene and trade with the people of Unera, which Khov-Pharn monitors only enough to catch anything more suspicious beyond blackmarket trading and gossip, but this only occurs at the very edge of the domain right next to the Veil Wall.

The next layer in from the border is where the actually maintained, and much more tightly watched with professionally trained and armed guard worshipers (as well as Devas who so desire) and maintained defenses.The main difference between the outer layer and this layer, is that this is where the Infinite Star Maze truly begins. The layer is a completely designed and made trap which is quite literally on the astronomical level. It is also one of the few places where space is so locked down that no deity other than Khov-Pharn can teleport (or make a portal) in or out of it without getting redirected to one of the "visitor centers" (the other places being Khov-Pharn's personal retreats), and even teleporting through it can get you caught. This layer functions as the domain's main defense, which no demons pass without going through some very rigorous official channels and even will require proof of identity/rank from worshipers and many lesser Devas. This border wraps around the core of Pharn, though often it will merely let people travel from other Domains unhindered.

The Infinite Star Maze, is a combination of an elusive trap for unguided outsiders (certain items made by Pharn and his upper Devas will allow easy navigation of the Infinite Star Maze, like the Staff of Dimensions), but for those of Pharn, it as basically a giant map, which allows easy navigation of the domain, giving guidance on the best routes to take ("turn left at the next pocket dimension") and even providing one of the best star charts for a diviner or scryer to read. While the outer part of the star maze is the domain and Unera's defense against creatures of Beyond Unera, the inner parts is where the civilized part of Pharn lays.

**Any structure native to the plane is either made from starlight, folded space, or alien rock structures, or something along those lines (there is a pavilion made completely out of moonlight which Khov-Pharn will use for important guests in casual situations) of similarly unearthly materials. Somewhere within the warped weirdness of the Domain is a massive, cratered looking massive asteroid which is also the de-facto capital city of Pharn. The city appears to both be a flat plane and a sphere at the same time to those who can understand what they're looking at, to most however it looks as though it is a forever morphing, warping and changing expanse of disturbing rock like thing which doesn't even give proper feel of how close it is until you basically crash into it.**

Name of worshipers: Pharnen
Powers and abilities of worshipers: Not getting confounded by the craziness of the domain, after that it varies. Often depending on the Deva they most align with they will have some combination of lesser teleportation, space bending and minor time dilation, conjuring meteors, evoking celestial energies (gravity, moon/sun beams) void creation and divination (usually two or three of these, more powerful ones will have up to five).
Appearance of worshipers: Varied, many stick to a general humanoid shape, but there's a few outliers who are clearly aberrations and eldritch horrors, many of which are actually born from the few demonic entities who have settled into outer layer of Pharn.

Mostly done but got some WIP stuff.

Can the Athanatos's Staff of Dimensions be crafted by Korv-Pharn in trade for Athanatos helping with creating the Veil Wall and Infinite Star Maze for the extra Powah needed in making them? If not I'll just have it that Athanatos's predecessor made the deal and Athanatos "inherited" the staff.

App updated.
Last edited by Raktio on Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Broadside dead ahead!

No, this comment is not meant to be sarcastic.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:56 am

Raktio wrote:There's also the matter of the fact that I'm contending with you over being a Cosmic Titan.
Also I'd like to point out that with its great devourer role (darkness, emptiness & entropy don't consume) it actually might fit better as Conceptual Deity of Hunger. Probably could also argue for Spiritual as the Nemesis of Existence or something like that.

Raktio wrote:Name: Khov-Pharn
God of: Spacetimeand dimensions (Cosmic) with a lesser dominion over general cosmic forces.
Titan or Deva? Titan
Powers and abilities:
  • Short Range Portals: Connecting two "nearby" points in space, allowing to easily redirect ranged attacks and anything "projectile like"
  • Spatial Warping: Bending space to easily leverage distance, and twist around attacks and defenses.
  • Time Dilation: Accelerate and decelerate relative times, and even being able to put Devas into temporary stasis.
  • Probability Foresight: Khov-Pharn can see things that are about to happen based on observed events, allowing him to predict most likely attack and defense patterns among other things..
  • Reality Slicing: Khov-Pharn's main attack method, it will cut through anything, even nothingness itself gets rendered by this, however it is much more costly for Khov-Pharn to use than any other trick, and the burnout from continuous use is tremendous.
Khov-Pharn's combat abilities derive originally from his non-combat skills, only honed for speed and the ability to strike and more importantly, defend. That being said, his real power lays in overwriting what is real and being able to reshape the worlds and alter some of the rules governing them in areas. This power is tremendous within his own domain, enough so that he can defeat Athanatos while they are within Pharn. Outside of his domain, it is much less of a factor, and reality resists him by a greater degree (like trying to work with random dirt and water instead of clay), additionally he also possesses a smaller portion of the powers of his Devas, roughly at fifth of their maximum strength, and in no way combat applicable on the god scale. Although not strictly a power, he is an exceptional crafter of divine artifacts and architecture due to it being his pastime hobby to remake parts of his domain maintain the portals between the Mortal World and the Spiritual World along with frequent requests for teleportation devices, personal dimensions and other such trinkets (which he charges a metaphorical arm and a leg for since he has better things he could be doing).

(Image)
Typically, Khov-Pharn doesn't actually leave his domain, but rather sends an avatar which he controls via his will, but the avatar's offensive power is ultimately a lot less than an average Deva's power (can use minor versions of all his combat abilities aside from Reality Slicing).

Short Bio: Holding off on this since I kind of want to figure out some interaction with the other gods. Though currently I'm thinking that Khov-Pharn would be at least the second god to hold the name of Cosmic Titan, and that his predecessor fell when Athenatos's fell due to a horde of demonic creatures invading Unera. In reaction, the gods push back and establish a much better defense of Unera, including wrapping the Cosmic Domain around the other three domains to make an impassable barrier. Of course, that takes some collaboration with other players to figure out.

There is, in fact, a teapot in orbit around the sun between Earth and Mars's orbits'.

Domain Name: The Infinite Star Maze of Pharn
To outsiders, Pharn is an impossibility to comprehend. Rather than a landscape, it is a seemingly endless void with a jaw dropping display of stars in the background which can easily mesmerize a mortal for aeons. The space itself is riddled with twists and turns in space and time, entire dimensions lay within the domain and many of them are similar to natural disasters of the mortal world but where the denizens are not effected by, and often use them to their advantage. Any structure native to the plane is either made from starlight, folded space, or alien rock structures, or something along those lines (there is a pavilion made completely out of moonlight which Khov-Pharn will use for important guests in casual situations) of similarly unearthly materials. Somewhere within the warped weirdness of the Domain is a massive, cratered looking massive asteroid which is also the de-facto capital city of Pharn. The city appears to both be a flat plane and a sphere at the same time to those who can understand what they're looking at, to most however it looks as though it is a forever morphing, warping and changing expanse of disturbing rock like thing which doesn't even give proper feel of how close it is until you basically crash into it.
Description of territory: Pharn lays between Unera and Beyond Unera, a barrier between the godlands and the endless darkness. It stands as the first wall of defense for Unera, trapping and sending the denizens of the Beyond back to the darkness in which they spawned. From outside of Pharn, it looks fairly simple. A vast amount of space with a myriad of glistening stars turning the place into a dazzling spectacle from afar (many of the less intelligent demons have been known to simply stare at the Star Maze for ages, to the point that there are betting pools in the Spiritual World on how long before they either wander off, fall asleep or continue into the Maze), and unlike the stars of the Mortal World, many of the stars of Pharn move about at various rates, creating a firefly like aura. To enter Pharn from Beyond Unera, one must manage to get through the Veil Wall which covers the entire exterior of Pharn like a massive wall, but since the creation of the wall it has fallen into massive disrepair and many parts of it are easily breached by lesser demons.

The Beyond facing areas of Pharn are a celestial cesspool of dimensional and time traps, spatial twists and wandering bands of hunters who seek to capture and kill demons within the much safer borders of Pharn. Being the equivalent to the outback of Pharn, it suitably has cosmic monstrosities which prefer to live in the ruined and wild space of the outer layer, including drifting chunks of sentient spacetime and twisted creatures who have escaped from the Beyond and have over time become part of Pharn, many of which are the predecessors to many of the more horrific entities of Pharn. It is also in this area that some more crafty, medium leveled demons who can hold their own against more powerful worshipers have managed to convene and trade with the people of Unera, which Khov-Pharn monitors only enough to catch anything more suspicious beyond blackmarket trading and gossip, but this only occurs at the very edge of the domain right next to the Veil Wall.

The next layer in from the border is where the actually maintained, and much more tightly watched with professionally trained and armed guard worshipers (as well as Devas who so desire) and maintained defenses.The main difference between the outer layer and this layer, is that this is where the Infinite Star Maze truly begins. The layer is a completely designed and made trap which is quite literally on the astronomical level. It is also one of the few places where space is so locked down that no deity other than Khov-Pharn can teleport (or make a portal) in or out of it without getting redirected to one of the "visitor centers" (the other places being Khov-Pharn's personal retreats), and even teleporting through it can get you caught. This layer functions as the domain's main defense, which no demons pass without going through some very rigorous official channels and even will require proof of identity/rank from worshipers and many lesser Devas. This border wraps around the core of Pharn, though often it will merely let people travel from other Domains unhindered.

The Infinite Star Maze, is a combination of an elusive trap for unguided outsiders (certain items made by Pharn and his upper Devas will allow easy navigation of the Infinite Star Maze, like the Staff of Dimensions), but for those of Pharn, it as basically a giant map, which allows easy navigation of the domain, giving guidance on the best routes to take ("turn left at the next pocket dimension") and even providing one of the best star charts for a diviner or scryer to read. While the outer part of the star maze is the domain and Unera's defense against creatures of Beyond Unera, the inner parts is where the civilized part of Pharn lays.

**Any structure native to the plane is either made from starlight, folded space, or alien rock structures, or something along those lines (there is a pavilion made completely out of moonlight which Khov-Pharn will use for important guests in casual situations) of similarly unearthly materials. Somewhere within the warped weirdness of the Domain is a massive, cratered looking massive asteroid which is also the de-facto capital city of Pharn. The city appears to both be a flat plane and a sphere at the same time to those who can understand what they're looking at, to most however it looks as though it is a forever morphing, warping and changing expanse of disturbing rock like thing which doesn't even give proper feel of how close it is until you basically crash into it.**

Name of worshipers: Pharnen
Powers and abilities of worshipers: Not getting confounded by the craziness of the domain, after that it varies. Often depending on the Deva they most align with they will have some combination of lesser teleportation, space bending and minor time dilation, conjuring meteors, evoking celestial energies (gravity, moon/sun beams) void creation and divination (usually two or three of these, more powerful ones will have up to five).
Appearance of worshipers: Varied, many stick to a general humanoid shape, but there's a few outliers who are clearly aberrations and eldritch horrors, many of which are actually born from the few demonic entities who have settled into outer layer of Pharn.

Mostly done but got some WIP stuff.

Can the Athanatos's Staff of Dimensions be crafted by Korv-Pharn in trade for Athanatos helping with creating the Veil Wall and Infinite Star Maze for the extra Powah needed in making them? If not I'll just have it that Athanatos's predecessor made the deal and Athanatos "inherited" the staff.

App updated.

In that case, I think I'll use one of my other ideas instead. Now that I think about it, RPing as a mindless hungry animal trapped in a cage would be not especially fun.
Signatures are so 2014.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:50 am

Utceforp wrote:
Raktio wrote:There's also the matter of the fact that I'm contending with you over being a Cosmic Titan.

App updated.

In that case, I think I'll use one of my other ideas instead. Now that I think about it, RPing as a mindless hungry animal trapped in a cage would be not especially fun.

Understood. I do wonder when OP will get back with us.
Tomorrow is made today.

Theiagh
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Theiagh » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:51 pm

Yeah me to. I’m pretty excited about the reboot. Hmm we should all telegram him. May not be the best idea, but it’s better than nothing and we’ve been waiting for quite a while now.
Last edited by Theiagh on Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quavv
Senator

Founded: Dec 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:41 am

Hey guys I’ll read through all the apps by the end of the day sorry. IC will also be up by the end of the day, I promise.
Join us in this awesome adventure -------------------------------> World of Gods

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:05 am

Quavv wrote:Hey guys I’ll read through all the apps by the end of the day sorry. IC will also be up by the end of the day, I promise.

Cool :)
Tomorrow is made today.

Argonopolis
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Argonopolis » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:53 am

Name: Iskandar
God of: War, glory, tyranny.
Titan or Deva?: Deva(Conceptual)
Powers and abilities:
Iskandar's legion: Iskandar can summon a massive army of spirit soldiers made from the essence of his past champions.
Rain of blades: Iskandar can summon a swarm of weapons to rain down upon his foes.
Chains of conquest: Iskandar can wrap his defeated foes in magic chains that force them into servitude.
Drums of war: Iskandar can cause mortals to become incredibly bloodthirsty and ambitious, driving them to war.
Unbending sword: Iskandar's blazing sword, Parhelion, can slice through all but the sturdiest god-forged materials.
Appearance(image if possible):
Short Bio:
He comes, he sees, and he conquers. Iskandar enjoys the heat of battle, boiling blood, and the lamentation of vanquished foes. He is constantly starting wars amongst the mortals just to hear the sweet cacophony of violence. Those mortals whose acts of war please him are blessed with greater power from the war god.
Last edited by Argonopolis on Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:57 am

I've TG'd Raktio and Jerno about using their characters in my bio, hopefully we can work something out.

Name: Azakal

• The Red King
  • He Who Dances in the Flames
  • The Prince of Noontime
  • The Withering Gaze
  • The Ruinous Dawn
  • The Swift Warrior Who Stands in the Ashes of His Enemies

God of: The Sun

In particular, Azakal embodies sunlight, summer, wildfires, drought, and famine. Also, while he is not the god of these concepts, mortals often associate Azakal with the destruction of cities, deadly but flawed warriors, and nuclear weaponry.

Titan or Deva? Deva (Nature Pantheon, formerly Cosmic Pantheon)

Powers and abilities:

• Incredibly strong and resilient, even for a god, and is slowly grower stronger over time. (Not quickly enough that you'd notice over the span of a human lifetime, but the oldest gods have realized that Azakal is not the scrawny Star Child that he once was.)
  • Deadly warrior, both when wielding a weapon and when using his bare hands. He wields a massive enchanted club forged from the skull of an eldritch demon from far Beyond Unera.
  • His skin is hot enough to melt metal or kill plants by touch alone, he also emanates a "heat aura" that makes his surroundings as hot as a cloudless summer day in the desert, and slowly saps those around him of their energy as if they were experiencing a rapid form of heat exhaustion.
  • Without the mask that restrains him, all of these powers increase exponentially, and he grows to giant size. In addition, the light emanating from his unmasked face blinds gods who look upon it, and can even kill them if they look for too long, and instantly kills mortals who are exposed to it. Azakal has grown so strong that, in his most powerful fits of madness, he is able to remove his mask very briefly before it is forced back onto his face.

Appearance:

Short Bio: Azakal was born as one of the infinite Star Children of Khov-Pharn, members of the Cosmic Pantheon who each embody a single star throughout the universe. Although content and happy with this role, Azakal was curious about which star in particular was his, so he wandered the Mortal Realm looking for it. Khov-Pharn discouraged Azakal from doing this, telling his son that he would only cause himself great grief, but Azakal disregarded this warning. After eons of searching Azakal found his star, and named it "Sol", because it was uniquely his. Azakal took Sol and fashioned it into his palace, living in its center and basking in its light.

Azakal lived in isolation like this for a long time, until one day he heard whispers coming from outside of his home. Curious, he emerged from Sol, and saw the source of the whispers - a planet orbiting his star. This planet was named Earth, and it was where the Gods had placed most of their power and where their mortal worshippers dwelled. The Solar System was truly the center of the entire Mortal Realm, and its center in turn was Sol, with which Azakal was synonymous.

Azakal thus knew two truths, which were both equally real. The first truth was that he was just one of the countless stars, a small spec of cosmic dust in a obscure corner of a vast and indifferent cosmos. The second truth was that he was the most important being in the universe, the radiant and fiery heart around which everyone and everything else danced. Neither able to prove which perspective was real, nor able to reconcile the two truths into a greater understanding, Azakal went completely and irrevocably insane.

In his madness Azakal was transformed from a Star Child into something new and far more powerful. In a wild and mindless rage against the planet that had shattered his mind, Azakal leapt from Sol to Earth, wielding fire in his fists, and rampaged across the planet reducing everything he encountered to sand and ash. The terrified ancient humans prayed to their gods for help, and thus appeared Gonz, Titan of Nature, to defeat Azakal.

Gonz wrestled the Red King for a hundred years, raising mountain ranges and sinking continents as they duelled across the Earth's surface. In the end, though, a flailing Deva was no match for a calm and determined Titan, and Gonz managed to pin Azakal on the ground. Gonz took a golden mask one of his servants had forged, and affixed it to Azakal's face. The enchantments within the mask locked away Azakal's strength and soothed his mind, and his rampage ended.

Remorseful for his actions, and only vaguely remembering his past self, Azakal was adopted into the Nature Pantheon as the God of Summer and Sunlight. He has used his new strength for good, becoming legendary as a berserker warrior who killed thousands of demons while defending Unera and the Mortal Realm from the creatures of the Beyond. He is still mad at heart, though, and thus he is prone to periods of intense and all-consuming emotion, most often swinging rapidly between narcissism, self-loathing, and savage rage. In his fits of rage, Azakal sometimes tears off his mask, causing him to go on a rampage once more.

The other gods are always able to defeat him, soothe him, and place his mask on once more, but as Azakal continues to grow stronger, he is able to tear his mask off more often and keep it off for longer. Azakal fears that there will come a day when he tears off his mask and will no longer be able to be defeated at all...
Last edited by Utceforp on Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Jerno
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerno » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:50 am

Go ahead I don’t mind if you use Gonz in your bio. Although you may want to TG Konaz and Akonthopolis respectively since they have deities that correlate with yours. Konaz has Nosso Goddess of Celestial Bodies and Akonthopolis has Zakasy Goddess of Seasons, other than that u may use Gonz.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse