NATION

PASSWORD

TDT 4: What the $#@! is a "womxn", anyways?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:42 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Making me look bad is easy when you take my words out of context.

Trust me, there's plenty of posts I didn't respond to. Also, letting blatant bullshit about my people go unanswered in this thread only allows said bullshit to attain an air of legitimacy. I have not only a right to challenge it, but an ethical duty to.

I recommend altering your posting habits accordingly. If you're going to respond to a post, make damn sure you didn't "skim over it". Read it as fully as you can before you respond to it. That's how I avoid that mistake entirely.

Sure, but children are also curious, and curiosity is a great opportunity for learning.

Did it not occur to you that I also happen to have some experience on the topic of child abuse? Did it not occur to you that I might already understand his position, backwards and forwards?

That's not what's happening here.

The actual quote she's pulling from, complete with context.

It shouldn't at all be controversial to say this, any more than it should be controversial to say you shouldn't trust Flat Earthers about geography (or a host of other subjects that prove the Earth is round). I completely stand by what I actually said.

There's two possibilities here. Either Lumi is blatantly lying by omission to gain sympathy points (which I really wouldn't want her to be guilty of), or she had another one of her "I skimmed too fast" moments. Neither is a good look for her, although one is far and away much better to be guilty of than the other. I'm more than willing to accept that she simply skimmed too fast, and will cite this as proof that she needs to actually make sure she reads people's posts before responding or reacting to them, especially since it can lead to others assuming the worst about her (which is the only reason I mentioned the other possibility).

This is an obscure forum on the Internet. I think you’re taking it far too seriously.

This is a community hub for a marginalized group on one of the larger internet forums outside of 4chan and Reddit. Most other forums are nowhere near as large as NS.

There’s not an “ethical duty”.

A lie that goes unchallenged becomes a lie that is widely-believed.

A widely-believed lie is FAR more dangerous than an unrecognized truth.

If I were to go around saying that all Catholics are child molesters and nobody stopped me, and other people started to believe it, and then they spread it themselves, and it starts snowballing, and people started basing how they treat Catholics on that lie, wouldn't you feel threatened, as a Catholic? So, therefore, wouldn't it make sense for you to nip the problem in the bud, and challenge the lie wherever it pops up, before it spirals out of control?

If you’re worried about that, Facebook is going to be a lot more influential than this little place.

Trivialization isn't a good look, fam.

Admittedly, skimming is a habit I’ve had for a long time. Oftentimes it works fine for me. Sometimes it doesn’t. It’s really not a big deal, and it’s not your job to police how I read. My reading abilities are far from sub-par, being a fast reader means sometimes you have to read something twice.

Its your choice, but I was only offering some helpful advice so you can avoid people automatically assuming the worst of you because of your stubborn refusal to properly read before responding.

Skimming is poor form, and you take any responsibility for additional headaches caused by continuing to do so.

Or you just don’t turn it into a personal issue.

I haven't turned it into a personal issue. However, I know it will inevitably turn into one if your skimming doesn't stop. And that's not just in this thread. On any other thread on any other section of this forum, you'll run into the same risk from skimming. It might be recommended practice for some shitty standardized test where you're under a time constraint, but really, even then, its just gambling that you won't misread. In this environment, you'll spend more time arguing about the things you misread than you'd spend reading properly the first time around.

Emphasis added on that last part so that I know you wouldn't skim past it.

It did, which is why I figured you would be less of a hostile gatekeeper, fearing people who disagree with whatever opinions you might have.

I do not fear 'opposing opinions'. If I did, I assure you, I'd have left this place a decade ago, and I'd have fucked off to 4chin, or Tumblr, or some other mindless echo chamber.

Feh, I guess it still means I can never have a discussion with you on abortion, since my views on the topic should be taken with a grain of salt?

Only with regards to factual claims made in support of your argument.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:51 pm

Nakena wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
Is genderfluid the same thing as genderqueer... Am I genderfluid or genderqueer. Wait. What's pangender. :shock:

Well in case a genderfluid person calls, they are comfortable as both male and female, so don't be surprised if they show both kinds of tertiary sexual characteristics or male or female mannerisms.

As for helping them, in terms of emotional support... Well, it really depends from case to case. Ask them about their life.

In my experience... Lots of people are miserable because they keep trying to be something they're not, because it's what is required of them, whether by their family, by their job, by their lover, by their group of friends, by society. I was depressed for so long because I lacked closure of who I am.

I tried to find meaning and closure in religion, I ended up even more depressed when the answers didn't make sense and only made me realize how empty and black the universe is. I sought satisfaction in my work, in being needed and in helping people and being of service, of being part of a community of successful professionals with shared goals and shared impact on the world. Nobody gives a shit about you at work, I quickly found out. Everyone is too busy being tired, being obsessive, and I've had to stand by too many times watching some asshole who's worked here longer than I have take out their frustrations on some intern or some employee, and then they fire or reprimand them when they run home crying, and then feeling betrayed when I report them to HR because I don't know how important the work they do is and how this will ruin them and how could I do this to them.

I tried to find love in pretty, smart people, and the fun that we could get up to. So many of them with shriveled up hearts and personalities of cardboard, so caught up in whatever they were caught up in at the time that they were terrified of feeling a real emotion for once.

That sounds pretty depressing.

I honestly feel it on a personal level. My religious beliefs are still important to me, mind you, but everything else is a big mood. Hard work never got anyone anything but more hard work. Nobody notices you when you're doing your job right, or even going above and beyond. They only notice when you fuck up. Some slimy shitlicker spreads lies about you and the people you like, and becomes the boss's personal roll of toilet paper, etc.

Really, this thread is just me trying to leave a positive mark on the world (admittedly, I'm often far from perfect in that department). Nobody will remember me 10 years from now if I died tomorrow, but hopefully the community will survive, and continue without me, and continue to help others. And as long as that happens, I'm fine with fading into obscurity.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:23 am

Nakena wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
Is genderfluid the same thing as genderqueer... Am I genderfluid or genderqueer. Wait. What's pangender. :shock:

Well in case a genderfluid person calls, they are comfortable as both male and female, so don't be surprised if they show both kinds of tertiary sexual characteristics or male or female mannerisms.

As for helping them, in terms of emotional support... Well, it really depends from case to case. Ask them about their life.

In my experience... Lots of people are miserable because they keep trying to be something they're not, because it's what is required of them, whether by their family, by their job, by their lover, by their group of friends, by society. I was depressed for so long because I lacked closure of who I am.

I tried to find meaning and closure in religion, I ended up even more depressed when the answers didn't make sense and only made me realize how empty and black the universe is. I sought satisfaction in my work, in being needed and in helping people and being of service, of being part of a community of successful professionals with shared goals and shared impact on the world. Nobody gives a shit about you at work, I quickly found out. Everyone is too busy being tired, being obsessive, and I've had to stand by too many times watching some asshole who's worked here longer than I have take out their frustrations on some intern or some employee, and then they fire or reprimand them when they run home crying, and then feeling betrayed when I report them to HR because I don't know how important the work they do is and how this will ruin them and how could I do this to them.

I tried to find love in pretty, smart people, and the fun that we could get up to. So many of them with shriveled up hearts and personalities of cardboard, so caught up in whatever they were caught up in at the time that they were terrified of feeling a real emotion for once.

Yeah, but that's ok! :lol: I've been depressed my whole life, but much less so in recent days.

I've realized that life doesn't really have closure, ever. It's not that I've lost hope for it... It's just that it's expecting the wrong thing. Instead of waiting for closure, I just try to roll with the punches and celebrate the good times whenever they come.

There is no definite end. Life isn't a sitcom TV show.

The only way to be happy is to find your own happiness, not the happiness that other people sell you.

I met a wonderful, unconventionally attractive man who taught me that if you don't love yourself, you can't expect other people to love you. He is "ugly", and I adore him.

It's about being a little selfish. You have to take care of yourself first, because nobody else is going to do it for you. You have to love yourself first, because if you can't love yourself, how can you expect others to do the same.

I make new friends every day, and I treasure every single one of them. I ignore my enemies: nothing is more devastating than not existing. The kindness my family never afforded me I try to give to them. If you make mistakes, there isn't much you can do except try to fix them and try not to do them again.

My life has indeed been depressing, but... It's made me a strong, loving, and loved person.

I get to brag at the doctor, "I didn't want to come but my friends and family were all worried about me. So lame, right?" when I didn't even know what having friends meant.

Life is beautiful. It gets easier. You just have to keep at it every day. That's the hard part. But it gets easier.
Last edited by The Rich Port on Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:12 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Nakena wrote:

Yeah, but that's ok! :lol: I've been depressed my whole life, but much less so in recent days.

I've realized that life doesn't really have closure, ever. It's not that I've lost hope for it... It's just that it's expecting the wrong thing. Instead of waiting for closure, I just try to roll with the punches and celebrate the good times whenever they come.

There is no definite end. Life isn't a sitcom TV show.

The only way to be happy is to find your own happiness, not the happiness that other people sell you.

I met a wonderful, unconventionally attractive man who taught me that if you don't love yourself, you can't expect other people to love you. He is "ugly", and I adore him.

It's about being a little selfish. You have to take care of yourself first, because nobody else is going to do it for you. You have to love yourself first, because if you can't love yourself, how can you expect others to do the same.

I make new friends every day, and I treasure every single one of them. I ignore my enemies: nothing is more devastating than not existing. The kindness my family never afforded me I try to give to them. If you make mistakes, there isn't much you can do except try to fix them and try not to do them again.

My life has indeed been depressing, but... It's made me a strong, loving, and loved person.

I get to brag at the doctor, "I didn't want to come but my friends and family were all worried about me. So lame, right?" when I didn't even know what having friends meant.

Life is beautiful. It gets easier. You just have to keep at it every day. That's the hard part. But it gets easier.

Sometimes it doesn't feel like it.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:46 pm

Grenartia wrote:Sometimes it doesn't feel like it.

Well of course sometimes it isn't. You'd have to be stupid to not realize that. But you're not stupid. You realize that.

Living isn't just living. Living is defying death. Literally, we could die at any second. Heart attack. Meteorite to the ass. Stray bullet. Drunk driver.

Living is... Living. It's not being dead, and sure, for some people, maybe death would be preferable... But not for me. And so, so I do not sully and besmirch the miserable lives of others... I live my life as happy as I can, in their memory.

You know. I used to be suicidal. I used to be homicidal. I used to be... Insane. With despair. With fear. With anger. With hate.

In the depth of winter, I found within me an invincible summer.

I tell the same thing I told myself, the same thing I tell everybody: live. Death will come soon anyway. But until it comes, live. Fight. Defy. Resist.

It's not over until it's over. And I treasure every second.
Last edited by The Rich Port on Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:58 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Grenartia wrote:Sometimes it doesn't feel like it.

Well of course sometimes it isn't. You'd have to be stupid to not realize that. But you're not stupid. You realize that.

Living isn't just living. Living is defying death. Literally, we could die at any second. Heart attack. Meteorite to the ass. Stray bullet. Drunk driver.

Living is... Living. It's not being dead, and sure, for some people, maybe death would be preferable... But not for me. And so, so I do not sully and besmirch the miserable lives of others... I live my life as happy as I can, in their memory.

You know. I used to be suicidal. I used to be homicidal. I used to be... Insane. With despair. With fear. With anger. With hate.

I tell the same thing I told myself, the same thing I tell everybody: live. Death will come soon anyway. But until it comes, live. Fight. Defy. Resist.

You sly motherfucker. You brought a hopeful smile to my face. :p

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:09 pm

Grenartia wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

You sly motherfucker. You brought a hopeful smile to my face. :p

You think that's nice, if you think about it, I'm basically just Nicolas Cage, laughing in the face of death and absurdity :P

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:55 am

There's something I've been curious about that maybe a transman or non-binary person who takes testosterone could answer for me: What does testosterone feel like? Specifically, I'm asking about the psychological effects, how it affects emotions and mood.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:09 am

Page wrote:There's something I've been curious about that maybe a transman or non-binary person who takes testosterone could answer for me: What does testosterone feel like? Specifically, I'm asking about the psychological effects, how it affects emotions and mood.

An acquaintance of mine takes testosterone. She takes them for her sex drive, though, and she says it feels a little like hitting puberty. Gives her a lot of strength. Plus, well, her sex drive is up. At least that’s her experience.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:17 am

Page wrote:There's something I've been curious about that maybe a transman or non-binary person who takes testosterone could answer for me: What does testosterone feel like? Specifically, I'm asking about the psychological effects, how it affects emotions and mood.

My ex, who was FTM, took T. He said it did make him more assertive, but also more prone to getting distracted initially because...you know. :p
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:12 pm

Feels bad, man.

It's making me bald and I don't like it -_-

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:56 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:This is an obscure forum on the Internet. I think you’re taking it far too seriously.

This is a community hub for a marginalized group on one of the larger internet forums outside of 4chan and Reddit. Most other forums are nowhere near as large as NS.

There’s not an “ethical duty”.

A lie that goes unchallenged becomes a lie that is widely-believed.

A widely-believed lie is FAR more dangerous than an unrecognized truth.

If I were to go around saying that all Catholics are child molesters and nobody stopped me, and other people started to believe it, and then they spread it themselves, and it starts snowballing, and people started basing how they treat Catholics on that lie, wouldn't you feel threatened, as a Catholic? So, therefore, wouldn't it make sense for you to nip the problem in the bud, and challenge the lie wherever it pops up, before it spirals out of control?

If you’re worried about that, Facebook is going to be a lot more influential than this little place.

Trivialization isn't a good look, fam.

Admittedly, skimming is a habit I’ve had for a long time. Oftentimes it works fine for me. Sometimes it doesn’t. It’s really not a big deal, and it’s not your job to police how I read. My reading abilities are far from sub-par, being a fast reader means sometimes you have to read something twice.

Its your choice, but I was only offering some helpful advice so you can avoid people automatically assuming the worst of you because of your stubborn refusal to properly read before responding.

Skimming is poor form, and you take any responsibility for additional headaches caused by continuing to do so.

Or you just don’t turn it into a personal issue.

I haven't turned it into a personal issue. However, I know it will inevitably turn into one if your skimming doesn't stop. And that's not just in this thread. On any other thread on any other section of this forum, you'll run into the same risk from skimming. It might be recommended practice for some shitty standardized test where you're under a time constraint, but really, even then, its just gambling that you won't misread. In this environment, you'll spend more time arguing about the things you misread than you'd spend reading properly the first time around.

Emphasis added on that last part so that I know you wouldn't skim past it.

It did, which is why I figured you would be less of a hostile gatekeeper, fearing people who disagree with whatever opinions you might have.

I do not fear 'opposing opinions'. If I did, I assure you, I'd have left this place a decade ago, and I'd have fucked off to 4chin, or Tumblr, or some other mindless echo chamber.

Feh, I guess it still means I can never have a discussion with you on abortion, since my views on the topic should be taken with a grain of salt?

Only with regards to factual claims made in support of your argument.

I’m telling you again, you do NOT need to tell me how to read. It is not your job, you’re not my teacher or my boss, you are literally nobody. If how I read bothers you, then you really need to block me. It’s not your duty to change my reading style, and if you think you have a chance of doing so, then you must really think you or your opinion is incredibly important to me.

People already make jokes on here about Catholics being child molesters, and usually they get warned or banned for it, because-surprise-it’s a flammable offense. As for real life, sure, I might take it more seriously. But on a forum full of people who are intentionally edgy for the sake of being edgy? I’ve learned the difference between a true threat and just someone talking stupid stuff about things they don’t know. You probably should learn to do the same.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:01 pm

Luminesa wrote:I’m telling you again, you do NOT need to tell me how to read. It is not your job, you’re not my teacher or my boss, you are literally nobody. If how I read bothers you, then you really need to block me. It’s not your duty to change my reading style, and if you think you have a chance of doing so, then you must really think you or your opinion is incredibly important to me.

People already make jokes on here about Catholics being child molesters, and usually they get warned or banned for it, because-surprise-it’s a flammable offense. As for real life, sure, I might take it more seriously. But on a forum full of people who are intentionally edgy for the sake of being edgy? I’ve learned the difference between a true threat and just someone talking stupid stuff about things they don’t know. You probably should learn to do the same.

It's really fascinating - very few offenses are flammable because they're technically concepts, but Catholic-related trolling burns really well. It's a real problem in the Amazon, I've heard.
Last edited by Cekoviu on Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:02 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Luminesa wrote:I’m telling you again, you do NOT need to tell me how to read. It is not your job, you’re not my teacher or my boss, you are literally nobody. If how I read bothers you, then you really need to block me. It’s not your duty to change my reading style, and if you think you have a chance of doing so, then you must really think you or your opinion is incredibly important to me.

It's really fascinating - very few offenses are flammable because they're technically concepts, but Catholic-related trolling burns really well. It's a real problem in the Amazon, I've heard.

Now that admittedly is it’s own can of worms, yes. :?
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:27 am

And I'm telling you again, I'm trying to save you future headaches. I'm not bothered by your commitment to bad reading habits. What bothers me is having to deal with your ill-informed reactions after you misread mine and others' posts. I refuse to block you because of a problem you refuse to fix.

Congratulations, you missed the forest for the trees.

The Rich Port wrote:

Feels bad, man.

:hug: Have you thought about T-blockers?

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:34 am

The Rich Port wrote:

Feels bad, man.

One of the prices to pay for the benefit of testosterone. If you don't like the effects of testosterone however (I don't know if you are FtM or or MtF trans, or neither, so I can't say for certain), then disregard that.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Hediacrana
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hediacrana » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:07 am

The Rich Port wrote:

Feels bad, man.

That sucks :( It's been some time since I decided that, overall, I did not feel the need to medically transition (the little physical dysphoria I have relates to body and facial hair, which can be taken care of in other ways) but I imagine that balding would greatly increase my physical dysphoria too.
'If you're not anti-war, then you're not fiscally conservative, and you're certainly not pro-life.'
Parent, spouse, leftist Christian and suspected witch.
She/her.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:47 am

Hediacrana wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
Feels bad, man.

That sucks :( It's been some time since I decided that, overall, I did not feel the need to medically transition (the little physical dysphoria I have relates to body and facial hair, which can be taken care of in other ways) but I imagine that balding would greatly increase my physical dysphoria too.

If I ever do transition I think I'm just going to wear wigs or a weave or something :lol:

Then again, for lack of a better term, I could always go the "femboy" route. I already sort of am, so.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:56 pm

Hediacrana wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
Feels bad, man.

I already know I have the genetics for it. Fortunately, I haven't started balding...yet. But that's why I want to at least start on Spiro soon.

Mettaton-EX
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mettaton-EX » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:24 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Ifreann wrote:If money was invented by governments, does that mean one can't be rich?

Doesn’t work that way. Rich doesn’t need to rely on money in order to work. While transgender does rely on gender being real as the idea is changing from one gender to the other. If the idea is that gender is bupkis then one can’t really be transgender, they would be transsexual.

"rich" relies on the reality of private property, which is, wait for it, a social construct
THIS ROBOT IS TRANS | AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT | هٰذه الآلة تقتل الفاشيين
(prefer it/its but any pronouns are acceptable)

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:38 pm

Mettaton-EX wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Doesn’t work that way. Rich doesn’t need to rely on money in order to work. While transgender does rely on gender being real as the idea is changing from one gender to the other. If the idea is that gender is bupkis then one can’t really be transgender, they would be transsexual.

"rich" relies on the reality of private property, which is, wait for it, a social construct

True, but if you eliminated private property as a social construct (although it would still exist in a Stirner like form even if not legally protected) then it would be impossible to be “rich” in the contemporary sense.

Which is why, uncomfortable to admit as it might be, there will be tensions between those identifying as transgender in the conventional sense, and post-gender and non gender advocates.
Last edited by Novus America on Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:17 pm

Mettaton-EX wrote:"rich" relies on the reality of private property, which is, wait for it, a social construct

If gender is a social construct what if anything separates being transgender from being a juggalo in terms of legitimacy?
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:58 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Mettaton-EX wrote:"rich" relies on the reality of private property, which is, wait for it, a social construct

If gender is a social construct what if anything separates being transgender from being a juggalo in terms of legitimacy?

Little, though that's not to say that being cisgender would be any more valid.
Fortunately it's not an issue, because gender is not a social construct.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:01 pm

Des-Bal wrote:

I mean, a juggalo is definitely something a person can legitimately be, so idk what kind of point you think you're making.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:

I mean, a juggalo is definitely something a person can legitimately be, so idk what kind of point you think you're making.

The point isn't that you can't be a juggalo, but that it's superficial and a choice.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General