NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XVIII: The Authority Is Total

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:31 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:So, wait (not watching it because reasons, you don't need to know my life) but they have lawyers for each 'side' asking the questions? We're not going to get a couple weeks of Representative YukYuk representing the 23rd District of Whogivesadamn using 90 of his 120 seconds to grandstand so he can shove a pretend question in the last 30 seconds?

Where's the fun in that?

I think they are coming up next. Right now they are on a break.

Taylor: Sondland said Trump care more about investigations of Biden than about Ukraine.

Taylor also mentioned he thought Obama was too weak over Ukraine....
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:34 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:
Not currently no, being at work I don't have the privilege of that. I am following the updates as best as possible however. All I know is that there was a conversation where Trump asked about the investigations into the Bidens after the call.

When you get a chance; do listen. This guy is detailed and kept detailed notes. “If I put it in quotes, those are the words I heard said”

Unless Trump does is bully dance on Twitter; he will make a mistake trying to troll this guy. Seems rather genuine.....

Taylor is known for his honesty and straight arrow shooting, especially among Republicans. He's a career diplomat that has the respect of many. I'll listen later tonight. The Democrats selected a strong witness to start off with and will end with strong witness by the name of Fiona Hill.

Cannot think of a name wrote:So, wait (not watching it because reasons, you don't need to know my life) but they have lawyers for each 'side' asking the questions? We're not going to get a couple weeks of Representative YukYuk representing the 23rd District of Whogivesadamn using 90 of his 120 seconds to grandstand so he can shove a pretend question in the last 30 seconds?

Where's the fun in that?

Better than Republicans go blah blah blah. I personally prefer the facts be spitted and questioned than it being turned into a Congressional Wrestle Mania. Ohh, that's an idea: make Congress like the WWE. It'll bring in huge crowds and revenue, believe me! :p

Avoids Republicans the embarrassment of asking questions though.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:35 am

The Black Forrest wrote:

Where's the fun in that?

According to the updates thingy, after the break the Republican's lawyer gets 45 minutes of questions.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:35 am

Zurkerx wrote:Better than Republicans go blah blah blah. I personally prefer the facts be spitted and questioned than it being turned into a Congressional Wrestle Mania. Ohh, that's an idea: make Congress like the WWE. It'll bring in huge crowds and revenue, believe me! :p

Literally an element from Idiocracy.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:36 am

The Black Forrest wrote:

Where's the fun in that?

Taylor: Sondland said Trump care more about investigations of Biden than about Ukraine.

I've never considered Obama a strong leader. Yes, he was diplomatic but didn't have as much of a backbone but at least he was somewhat calculated and didn't berate our allies. Trump, who's backbone only materializes when it fits him, is weak too in my opinion. But hey, that's the honesty part of Taylor.

"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:39 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:Better than Republicans go blah blah blah. I personally prefer the facts be spitted and questioned than it being turned into a Congressional Wrestle Mania. Ohh, that's an idea: make Congress like the WWE. It'll bring in huge crowds and revenue, believe me! :p

And a WWE Hall of Famer is in the White House.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:40 am

Zurkerx wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

I've never considered Obama a strong leader. Yes, he was diplomatic but didn't have as much of a backbone but at least he was somewhat calculated and didn't berate our allies. Trump, who's backbone only materializes when it fits him, is weak too in my opinion. But hey, that's the honesty part of Taylor.

Trump's backbone is perpetually crowdsourced.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:43 am

Where's the fun in that?

You wish has been answered. Devin Nunes is up.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:48 am

Well Devin has stated the effort to manufacture dirt on an opponent was made up. The military aid to ukraine is better then ever. Somebody named Chalupa(sp) was asked to investigate Trump for the DNC.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:57 am

I've never seen that movie before so I'll have to take your word for it.

The Black Forrest wrote:Well Devin has stated the effort to manufacture dirt on an opponent was made up. The military aid to ukraine is better then ever. Somebody named Chalupa(sp) was asked to investigate Trump for the DNC.

He basically insulted the witnesses, used (and re-worded) talking points that'll be used by the Conservative Media, and clearly, shows he's likely going to be against this regardless of the evidence. Eh, he's a snake in all honesty.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:02 am

Zurkerx wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Literally an element from Idiocracy.

The Black Forrest wrote:Well Devin has stated the effort to manufacture dirt on an opponent was made up. The military aid to ukraine is better then ever. Somebody named Chalupa(sp) was asked to investigate Trump for the DNC.

He basically insulted the witnesses, used (and re-worded) talking points that'll be used by the Conservative Media, and clearly, shows he's likely going to be against this regardless of the evidence. Eh, he's a snake in all honesty.

The RNC guy keeps asking questions about Ukraine and the 2016 campaign and how Trump thought Ukraine was out to get him and they were working against him. Taylor is repeating I don’t know what he thought; don’t know. Basically he had peripheral knowledge on a few things.

It’s a good effort trying to redefine the effort.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:06 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:

The RNC guy keeps asking questions about Ukraine and the 2016 campaign and how Trump thought Ukraine was out to get him and they were working against him. Taylor is repeating I don’t know what he thought; don’t know. Basically he had peripheral knowledge on a few things.

It’s a good effort trying to redefine the effort.

So basically almost nothing to do with Trump and his Ukraine phone call. Sounds about right. I see they've decided to endorse the Ukraine Interfere in our Elections theory, which is a BS Theory to begin with. What do you mean by he didn't know though? What Trump was thinking or the theory pushed by Republicans?

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:07 am

Nunes is always good for some top shelf weirdness. I assume he gets an opening statement and then the lawyer does the lawyering?

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:09 am

Nunes is always good for some top shelf weirdness. I assume he gets an opening statement and then the lawyer does the lawyering?

Likely. Republicans haven't challenged the opening statements of Taylor or Kent yet which should tell us they can't counter the evidence gathered so far effectively. It's honestly a sad attempt.

The Democratic Nation of Unovia
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Nation of Unovia » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:13 am

Risottia wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:
Trump being an idiot is one of his nicer qualities. He's an arrogant, obnoxious, corrupt bully.

While despising mr.Trump rather vehemently, I would guess that those aren't exactly charges one could use to impeach the PotUS, innit?

I am wondering: let's assume mr.Trump is found guilty and is sacked from his office before next year's elections. Would he be allowed to stand again as candidate?

I am going to state this now before you all decide to rain hate on me. I am not and will not address anything but the historical question.
Should Trump or any other President for that matter be removed from office by a senate vote, they can never run for President again or any other public office.
Simple as that. They got removed from the highest office in the land.
Minister of Operations of New World Union! TG me for Regional Information!
As a Map Maker, I help many Regions Current Region assisting: NextGen Roleplay.
If you want my assistance with Real World Maps, please TG me.
Loyal to New World Union

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:18 am

The Democratic Nation of Unovia wrote:
Risottia wrote:While despising mr.Trump rather vehemently, I would guess that those aren't exactly charges one could use to impeach the PotUS, innit?

I am wondering: let's assume mr.Trump is found guilty and is sacked from his office before next year's elections. Would he be allowed to stand again as candidate?

I am going to state this now before you all decide to rain hate on me. I am not and will not address anything but the historical question.
Should Trump or any other President for that matter be removed from office by a senate vote, they can never run for President again or any other public office.
Simple as that. They got removed from the highest office in the land.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... nd-then-r/

Also, apparently martyring yourself in posts is the hottest new trend.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:30 am

That’s the way it went. Lawyer dude kept asking questions about verification of things Taylor said; keeps asking questions about Ukraine and the 2016 campaign and keeps reasking questions after Taylor said “I don’t know”

What was interesting was all the questions about Hunter Biden and his qualifications for the job. The RNC didn’t seem too concerned over Trumps people’s qualifications. Not really relevant just a passing smirk.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:43 am

Rep Jordan is now up and he has the phorage going. “No linkage!”

Taylor is a class act. Just explained he is not a star witness and he is not here for either party.

Jordan didn’t look happy.
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:48 am

The Black Forrest wrote:Rep Jordan is now up and he has the phorage going. “No linkage!”

Taylor is a class act. Just explained he is not a star witness and he is not here for either party.

I'm not watching it bc I know once Jordan starts talking every artery in my brain would immediately blow itself up lol
Last edited by Senkaku on Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:56 am

Good god, it feels like Ratcliffe is spending more time complaining about how little time he has than anything else.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:00 pm

Senkaku wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:Rep Jordan is now up and he has the phorage going. “No linkage!”

I'm not watching it bc I know once Jordan starts talking every artery in my brain would immediately blow itself up lol

The reason he's there is because he's an expert on how to navigate these investigations (Nunes gave up his time to Jordan after all) although I think he's in for a rude awakening for what these witnesses have to offer. Also, I see Rep. Himes basically stated the obvious: Republicans are spreading and debating conspiracy theories because they can't defend the conduct. Seems about right. Also, I see the lawyer asked if Hunter Biden was fluent in Ukraine. Seriously, what the fuck does that have to do with anything.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:04 pm

Now I picture Bill Hader as Jordan going "Aww, damn it!"

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:04 pm

Oh the logic

Rep Turner - did either of you two have contact with the President?
No.
Rep Turner - You do know this is about impeaching the President right?

Basically; he is trying to spin Taylor and Kent are to be ignored.

He keeps trying to bring up the 6th amendment.

You heard it from others so you could be wrong....
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Zurkerx wrote:
Senkaku wrote:I'm not watching it bc I know once Jordan starts talking every artery in my brain would immediately blow itself up lol

The reason he's there is because he's an expert on how to navigate these investigations (Nunes gave up his time to Jordan after all) although I think he's in for a rude awakening for what these witnesses have to offer. Also, I see Rep. Himes basically stated the obvious: Republicans are spreading and debating conspiracy theories because they can't defend the conduct. Seems about right. Also, I see the lawyer asked if Hunter Biden was fluent in Ukraine. Seriously, what the fuck does that have to do with anything.

I look forward to when the Republican table pounding looks and sounds like STOMP.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:10 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:Oh the logic

Rep Turner - did either of you two have contact with the President?
No.
Rep Turner - You do know this is about impeaching the President right?

Basically; he is trying to spin Taylor and Kent are to be ignored.

He keeps trying to bring up the 6th amendment.

You heard it from others so you could be wrong....

Oh, they're on a fishing trip for technicalities to dismiss the impeachment with.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General