NATION

PASSWORD

Ideas for General Assembly Proposals

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:27 am

The Greater Soviet North America wrote:Has there ever been a General Assembly proposal that focuses on reconstruction of nations’s economies? Like resolutions that are meant to create organizations that promote economic and trade cooperation between nation-states.

As Bananaistan said, this should be a question asked in the Q&A thread, which was linked, rather than here. There are several resolutions about free trade, but as far as I know there are none about reconstruction of nations’ economies.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:53 pm

Kenmoria wrote:as far as I know there are none about reconstruction of nations’ economies.

Most likely because if that means what it sounds like, it'd be illegal.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Apabeossie
Envoy

Founded: Jun 04, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

I would like to submit a resolution about public transport

Postby Apabeossie » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:19 pm

Resolution TItle:Right To Access To Decent Public transportation
Please tell me:
1. Is there a another similar resolution?
2. Is this topic good enough to be a WA resolution?
3. So far I have written
The General Assembly,

Aware that some people in the world cannot have decent access to public transportation,

Noting that public transportation not only is a way of lowering CO2 emissions but also plays a huge role in addressing poverty by giving people decent access to high-paying jobs, better schools, and services,

Is this ok?
✵ Your guide to Apabeossie ✵
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” -Les Mis Finale

Yahlia wrote:Surely everyone likes penguins? Who doesn't like penguins? I refuse to believe there are people out there who have an opinion of them worse than 'indifferent'

Einswenn wrote:For me it always was and is obscure why would people be so blind and shortsighted to allow themselves unsolicited hate. I’ve already posted this before: take care of your own life, live your own life, and don’t tell the others how they should live theirs

Dizgovzy wrote:Please go read a book or play outside instead of spending your youth behind a computer screen. Don’t waste your time on this site.

New Skandenivia wrote:AFAB ❌
AMAB ❌
Apab ✅

Bananaistan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bananaistan » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:12 am

Apabeossie wrote:Resolution TItle:Right To Access To Decent Public transportation
Please tell me:
1. Is there a another similar resolution?
2. Is this topic good enough to be a WA resolution?
3. So far I have written
The General Assembly,

Aware that some people in the world cannot have decent access to public transportation,

Noting that public transportation not only is a way of lowering CO2 emissions but also plays a huge role in addressing poverty by giving people decent access to high-paying jobs, better schools, and services,

Is this ok?

This is not the GA Q&A thread. There's a separate stickied thread for Q&A. There's also a separate stickied thread with all the passed resolutions. You can search it with relevant keywords, EG "transport" "public transport" "transportation"
Delegation of the People's Republic of Bananaistan to the World Assembly
Head of delegation and the Permanent Representative: Comrade Ambassador Theodorus "Ted" Hornwood
General Assistant and Head of Security: Comrade Watchman Brian of Tarth
There was the Pope and John F. Kennedy and Jack Charlton and the three of them were staring me in the face.
Ideological Bulwark #281
THIS

Neililand
Civilian

Founded: Oct 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Languages

Postby Neililand » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:58 am

My proposal is to promote the teachings of languages at schools. It would help our future generations communicate with his/her foreign colleagues. As I don’t have at least two endorsements I can’t propose this on the general assembly so could anyone else propose this? Thank you. :)

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:35 am

Neililand wrote:My proposal is to promote the teachings of languages at schools. It would help our future generations communicate with his/her foreign colleagues. As I don’t have at least two endorsements I can’t propose this on the general assembly so could anyone else propose this? Thank you. :)

1. You can only be endorsed by people in your region, so ask for endos on the regional message board.
2. Don't submit. Post the draft in an entirely new thread on this forum. Have the thread title have "Draft" and your draft's name on it.
3. This is the wrong thread for questions. The Q&A thread is for that.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Servilis
Diplomat

Founded: May 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Servilis » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:44 am

Neililand wrote:My proposal is to promote the teachings of languages at schools. It would help our future generations communicate with his/her foreign colleagues. As I don’t have at least two endorsements I can’t propose this on the general assembly so could anyone else propose this? Thank you. :)

I wholly oppose this, I have to learn a second language I won't ever need.
The small bonus to the brain from becoming multilingual isn't worth all the stress.

Official Jobo Fanclub
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Official Jobo Fanclub » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:54 am

Introduction of Universal Homosexual Suffrage.

Weird idea, But it works for a masculine-like world society like NationStates.

btw, new player here. hello~

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:47 am

Official Jobo Fanclub wrote:Introduction of Universal Homosexual Suffrage.

Weird idea, But it works for a masculine-like world society like NationStates.

btw, new player here. hello~

Charter of Civil Rights takes care of it.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Official Jobo Fanclub
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Official Jobo Fanclub » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:48 pm

Ah, what about a limitation on the amount of nuclear weapons a nation can possess?

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:54 pm

Official Jobo Fanclub wrote:Ah, what about a limitation on the amount of nuclear weapons a nation can possess?

Not itself illegal, but probably politically nonviable.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:54 pm

Official Jobo Fanclub wrote:Ah, what about a limitation on the amount of nuclear weapons a nation can possess?

Q&A thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=48437

Previously passed resolutions thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30

You can do your homework yourself.

Also, start from GA #10. :P
Last edited by Araraukar on Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Official Jobo Fanclub
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Official Jobo Fanclub » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:10 pm

Hmm, then I want to try repealing the "Dont Kill the Poor" act. I dont think thats viable for a mostly authoritarian society.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:38 am

Official Jobo Fanclub wrote:Hmm, then I want to try repealing the "Dont Kill the Poor" act. I dont think thats viable for a mostly authoritarian society.

OOC: It will never pass, authoritarians are a minority.
Last edited by Marxist Germany on Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:46 am

Official Jobo Fanclub wrote:Hmm, then I want to try repealing the "Dont Kill the Poor" act. I dont think thats viable for a mostly authoritarian society.

(OOC: There are far worse acts from an authoritarian standpoint than that one. Generally, unless you can find actual flaws in the execution of a resolution, there’s little point in repealing something on ideological grounds. This especially applies for an authoritarian ideology.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Aingard
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 17, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aingard » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:15 am

Has there ever been a proposal or resolution about the overpopulation of the world of NationStates?

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:13 pm

Aingard wrote:Has there ever been a proposal or resolution about the overpopulation of the world of NationStates?

This is not the questions and answers thread, but as the population numbers are either roleplayed entirely, or a gameside number, trying to affect them would either depend on people's roleplayed realities and thus might or might not be applicable at all, or trying to affect them would count as a Game Mechanics illegality.

Additionally I can't think of a way to shove population control into a category without making it genocidal.

Aingard
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 17, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aingard » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:11 am

Araraukar wrote:This is not the questions and answers thread

Oh yes, I'm terribly sorry, I didn't realize that not a single question mark exists in this thread aside from my own.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:20 pm

Aingard wrote:
Araraukar wrote:This is not the questions and answers thread

Oh yes, I'm terribly sorry, I didn't realize that not a single question mark exists in this thread aside from my own.

No need to be snarky. It's just that there is a dedicated Q&A thread on this forum, a couple of threads down from where you found this one. So posting questions on this one doesn't make sense.

EDIT: Wheee, 14000th post.
Last edited by Araraukar on Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gallo Republic
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallo Republic » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:51 am

Good idea

Kollafjordur
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

New Proposal

Postby Kollafjordur » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:28 pm

I am not really sure if this is the right forum,but I want to share the rough draft of my proposal with you guys.

[b]GLOBAL WELFARE ACT[/b]
All over the world many people suffer from income inequality.Much of these people are living on the roads,impoverished and weak,and we have not done anything to stop this.It is for the betterment of our society to establish a Welfare system where money from each country in the Global Assembly is pooled together each year and distributed to the poor.Imagine all of the talent they have,wasted,because they lack the money.The plan that Kollafjordur proposes goes like this:

-Any single person that earns less than 17,000 a year will be eligible for this program
-Each country should donate 40,000 every year.This total amount of money would be equal to roughly 36,636,700 in Global Aid
-This program would help each one of our countries,the more people working the bigger our economy grows.With enough money they could get off their feet and work instead of turning to crime as a way of providing for themselves.

In conclusion,many of our countries suffer from this,even Kollafjordur.With help from the General assembly,we can end this problem.

Sincerely,
Kollafjordur

Kollafjordur
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Kollafjordur » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:32 pm

I want to share the rough draft of my proposal with you guys.

GLOBAL WELFARE ACT
All over the world many people suffer from income inequality.Much of these people are living on the roads,impoverished and weak,and we have not done anything to stop this.It is for the betterment of our society to establish a Welfare system where money from each country in the Global Assembly is pooled together each year and distributed to the poor.Imagine all of the talent they have,wasted,because they lack the money.The plan that Kollafjordur proposes goes like this:

-Any single person that earns less than 17,000 a year will be eligible for this program
-Each country should donate 40,000 every year.This total amount of money would be equal to roughly 36,636,700 in Global Aid
-This program would help each one of our countries,the more people working the bigger our economy grows.With enough money they could get off their feet and work instead of turning to crime as a way of providing for themselves.

In conclusion,many of our countries suffer from this,even Kollafjordur.With help from the General assembly,we can end this problem.

Sincerely,
Kollafjordur

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:14 pm

KOLLAFJORDUR wrote:
I want to share the rough draft of my proposal with you guys.

GLOBAL WELFARE ACT

Sincerely,
Kollafjordur

Welcome to the World Assembly! You've got the right forum, but the wrong thread. Each resolution proposal gets its own drafting thread. Create a new topic, called "[DRAFT] Name of My Proposal," and type it up there. That way the whole GA community can give you pointers and make corrections and whatnot.

In your particular case, I would advise taking a look at GA Res. #344 and seeing if it has already handled what you're trying to accomplish. Proposals that duplicate or contradict already existing resolutions violate the proposal rules (see link in my signature below) and are rejected. Your other major issue is your specification of currency amounts (17,000 what? Marche Noirian francs? East Lebatuckese rublemarks? Bigtopian megawampum?) - that's really not useful as the worth of currency and the cost of living (among other things) change across different nations, sometimes drastically. You're better off naming something like the amount of money necessary to feed the average person for one year, times the number of people per household.

Be warned that this part of the game is a marathon, not a sprint. It will take time, effort, time, thick skin, and time to get it right.

Good luck!
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Kollafjordur
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

New Proposal

Postby Kollafjordur » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:10 pm

This is my new proposal,please tell me what you think of it.If I don't reply back,it does not mean I am not listening to your suggestions.

Creation of an International Police Funding Office
Section I:“Creation of an International Police Funding Office”,
Section II: Regarding the Creation of an International Police Funding Office,
Subsection I: Many officers lack the funding needed to keep criminals at bay,which in turn affects the safety of the nation.This may affect tourism or the happiness of the citizens,as their belief in the nations law keeping system has fallen.
Section III: Regarding the Amount of money required from each nation to fund the Police
Subsection I: Each country shall pay 50,000 per year(Currency Varies) ,no exceptions.Total money should equal 1,078,100,000 in money(currently).
Section IV:The PFO office
Subsection I: The PFO office shall oversee that the funds are distributed equally,and will forever hold the right to change the amount of money required from the nations.The secretary would also hold this same right.

-If executed properly,the amount of crime in the GA nations will deteriorate.

Don't be that harsh.
:)

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:40 pm

KOLLAFJORDUR wrote:This is my new proposal,please tell me what you think of it.If I don't reply back,it does not mean I am not listening to your suggestions.

Creation of an International Police Funding Office
Section I:“Creation of an International Police Funding Office”,
Section II: Regarding the Creation of an International Police Funding Office,
Subsection I: Many officers lack the funding needed to keep criminals at bay,which in turn affects the safety of the nation.This may affect tourism or the happiness of the citizens,as their belief in the nations law keeping system has fallen.
Section III: Regarding the Amount of money required from each nation to fund the Police
Subsection I: Each country shall pay 50,000 per year(Currency Varies) ,no exceptions.Total money should equal 1,078,100,000 in money(currently).
Section IV:The PFO office
Subsection I: The PFO office shall oversee that the funds are distributed equally,and will forever hold the right to change the amount of money required from the nations.The secretary would also hold this same right.

-If executed properly,the amount of crime in the GA nations will deteriorate.

Don't be that harsh.
:)

All OOC:

1. Please stop using this thread for proposal drafts. You've already been told several times now to start a new thread for any resolution proposal.

2. Not all currencies are even roughly equivalent in value. Before the adoption of the Euro currency in continental Europe, the Italian Lira traded at about 1,700 per U.S. dollar. 50,000 lira was worth a bit over $29. This is why (as I pointed out in response to your other proposal (thread split off by a moderator) that questions of funding are best not listed as specific numerical amounts.

3. You haven't explained how the creation of this extra layer of bureaucracy will actually help police effectiveness across member nations. If every nation contributes 50,000 Brasilistani kroner per year to this committee, and the committee must disburse the funds equally, then every nation gets back 50,000 Brasilistani kroner per year minus the committee's operating costs. This does nothing except remove money from member states to no practical effect.

3(a). Alternatively, if every nation contributes 50,000 of their own currency to the committee, which then disburses the funds equally according to the total value received in a single exchange currency1, then this has the effect of giving a very small amount of aid money to nations with weak currencies, funded by nations with strong currencies. This still has no practical effect on law enforcement efficacy.

4. You need to fix these problems, and probably others which I have not mentioned, before submitting this proposal. Do not submit any further resolutions before you have made substantial alterations and waited at least a week for further suggestions, and incorporated them.

1Again, minus committee operating costs
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly