NATION

PASSWORD

[ACCEPTED] Once Upon a Time

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

[ACCEPTED] Once Upon a Time

Postby Jutsa » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:22 pm

One from CWA's idea list. :)

Draft 1.00
Title: Once Upon a Time
The Issue: On the night before Maxxmas, and the day of as well, national headlines had a story to tell. Between North and South Palisade, the endless war grew dire. But for those couple of days, the two sides had ceased fire. The @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ military had joined in the merriment, and this has become quite an issue for parliament.

Option 1: "How could they do this? What could this mean?" your Minister of War uttered and screamed. "The thought of our soldiers getting along with North Palisade! This was their opportunity to secure a foray! Forget about the reason, this is an act of treason, and war is a battle that should be fought, not played. Our national pride is now at stake, and letting this slide would be a mistake. Any and all troops found befriending our rivals shall be condemned and arrested coming home, upon arrival."
[effect] holiday dinners are required to get explosive for the nation's survival

Option 2: "But Maxxmas is the most wonderful time of the year," cries General @@RANDOMNAME@@, shedding a tear. "Our soldiers fight day and night without rest, killing people and living in fear and distress. The sacred tradition of peace amongst all is something that unites all our nations, great and small. Forget about the victory we could have had if we fought. It'd be best if every Maxxmas we ceased fire on the spot!"
[effect] once a year soldiers line up to get shot

Option 3: "Maxxmas is a stupid holiday with an equally stupid tradition," You look up in dismay to find the infamous Krampus S. Grinchen. "'Give a gift' this and 'peace on earth' that! I could pick better names than Maxxmas out of a hat." He finally mutters, after a ghastly tirade, "Banning it would be the first near decent decision you've ever made."
[effect] Max Barry has been betrayed
Last edited by Jutsa on Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:28 am

Marriment?

Also, might want to sharpen that meter.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:01 pm

Yeah, I'm afraid my meter's off. Spent too much time with that stupid U.S. customary system.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:18 pm

I love the Dr. Seuss rhyming!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:58 am

Why would the stop fighting for Maxximus? I mean, the Christmas cease-fire was for religious reasons, but what's the poiny in this one?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:18 pm

Submitted par request of a certain editor. Of course, if I've gotta, I'll reopen this later.
But I get that there's work to be done before Christmas, and frankly my schedule's been beating me senseless. :P

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:05 am

Good luck!
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:44 am

Thanks! And I do I admit I was thinking about your comment for a bit, but hadn't really the time to actually work on it.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:04 am

Good luck!
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:25 am

Jutsa wrote:One from CWA's idea list. :)

Ah, I THOUGHT it seemed familiar.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:50 pm

It's been one I've wanted to do for a long time, and a few months ago I decided to also put it in rhyme. :lol:

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?