NATION

PASSWORD

The Esoterics: Devil's Whisper OOC (Fantasy, Open, Intrigue)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Did you notice my JoJo reference with Sumani Seigana

1: yes
20%
2: no
No votes
3: what
80%

Total votes : 5

Frachen
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:22 am

Asardia wrote:I FINALLY FIGURED OUT WHAT SUMANI'S POWERS SHOULD BE. Bow down in my greatness

Character Name: Sumani Seigana
Appearance:
House: Sumani is of common birth. The Seigana are not nobles, but a small family of merchants from the nearby Erimous Confederacy
Personality: Calm, observant, but easily excitable
Mage Type (Mage, Sensor, Esoteric, Medic, Archmage, Dark Mage?): Esoteric
Magic/Abilities (if any):
Ice Magic: Sumani is naturally gifted in the Salyan's infamous bloodline magic, and with years of training, he has become exceptionally skilled with the manipulation of Ice. He can freeze objects and water with ease.

Earth Magic: Sumani is skilled Earth Mage and prefers to use it as a defense.

Heavenly Judgement: This is Sumani's ultimate technique, and his most prized one. Heavenly Judgement is the physical manifestation of Sumani's Essence, forming a humanoid esque being that follows his commands. Through Abstraction Magic, Sumani was able to not only create what appears to be an astral projection, but also give it its own ability. While the astral projection is summoned, it can shield Sumani from damage and attack at high speeds. But perhaps the most important of its powers is the ability in which it is named after. Once Sumani summons HJ, he can ask a person a question, and HJ transforms itself to a black skull. If the person lies, then the skull's eyes turn red, and if they tell the truth, the eye's turn green. Heavenly Judgement effectively acts as a truth telling device

Limitations: Heavenly Judgement's main power requires Sumani to be in physical contact with the target for 10 seconds, and he must ask a question in order to make use of HJ's truth telling abilities. HJ is a Summoning, and although it has a strong connection to Sumani, it can only be summoned for at most 5 minutes before he exhausts all his Essence. This means that HJ can only be used safely for less than 4 minutes, although the Essence cost is still high. When Heavenly Judgement is summoned, Sumani cannot use his elemental magic

Faction (does your character belong to a faction? Where does your character’s loyalties lie?): Machi Yin
Biography: Sumani is not actually fully Salyan, but half Salyan and half Erimous. Fortunately for both him and his parents, his father was from the Salyan Empire, giving him the patriarchal status of being considered a "Salyan citizen". Furthermore, his common birth prevented any scandal that would arise (like how Maurikael had to hide Jasmine). Sumani grew up in the far eastern parts of the empire in the Chisama Diyou Islands. He spent his early years doing typical combat training at the local magic academy. He frequently traveled across the river to his mother's homeland to visit, and as he learned about the Seigan's mercantilism and the volatile history of the millenium old rivalry of the nations while also perfecting his magic. Once he graduated from the academy at 18, he learned about Abstraction Magic, and heard rumors of powers that could be created by sheer will. Due to the complicated nature of attaining such powers, Sumani left the idea alone while he was conscripted into the Azukana military during a border war with the neighboring Cagia. During a battle, Sumani was hit by an arrow, leaving him incapacitated for weeks as medical mages removed the poison and begun healing him. While recovering, Sumani read more on Abstraction Magic and worked to create his own unique power. The development of his newfound powers and excellent usage of them during the later border conflicts propelled Sumani into the Machi Yin, where he currently works in the "capital" of Ryobei.
Additional Information: Due to the nature of HJ's powers, it will be restricted to my characters unless you guys agree to encountering it.

thou art wise o mighty op
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:09 am

Frachen wrote:
Asardia wrote:I FINALLY FIGURED OUT WHAT SUMANI'S POWERS SHOULD BE. Bow down in my greatness

Appearance:
House: Sumani is of common birth. The Seigana are not nobles, but a small family of merchants from the nearby Erimous Confederacy
Ice Magic: Sumani is naturally gifted in the Salyan's infamous bloodline magic, and with years of training, he has become exceptionally skilled with the manipulation of Ice. He can freeze objects and water with ease.

Heavenly Judgement: This is Sumani's ultimate technique, and his most prized one. Heavenly Judgement is the physical manifestation of Sumani's Essence, forming a humanoid esque being that follows his commands. Through Abstraction Magic, Sumani was able to not only create what appears to be an astral projection, but also give it its own ability. While the astral projection is summoned, it can shield Sumani from damage and attack at high speeds. But perhaps the most important of its powers is the ability in which it is named after. Once Sumani summons HJ, he can ask a person a question, and HJ transforms itself to a black skull. If the person lies, then the skull's eyes turn red, and if they tell the truth, the eye's turn green. Heavenly Judgement effectively acts as a truth telling device

Limitations: Heavenly Judgement's main power requires Sumani to be in physical contact with the target for 10 seconds, and he must ask a question in order to make use of HJ's truth telling abilities. HJ is a Summoning, and although it has a strong connection to Sumani, it can only be summoned for at most 5 minutes before he exhausts all his Essence. This means that HJ can only be used safely for less than 4 minutes, although the Essence cost is still high. When Heavenly Judgement is summoned, Sumani cannot use his elemental magic

Faction (does your character belong to a faction? Where does your character’s loyalties lie?): Machi Yin
Biography: Sumani is not actually fully Salyan, but half Salyan and half Erimous. Fortunately for both him and his parents, his father was from the Salyan Empire, giving him the patriarchal status of being considered a "Salyan citizen". Furthermore, his common birth prevented any scandal that would arise (like how Maurikael had to hide Jasmine). Sumani grew up in the far eastern parts of the empire in the Chisama Diyou Islands. He spent his early years doing typical combat training at the local magic academy. He frequently traveled across the river to his mother's homeland to visit, and as he learned about the Seigan's mercantilism and the volatile history of the millenium old rivalry of the nations while also perfecting his magic. Once he graduated from the academy at 18, he learned about Abstraction Magic, and heard rumors of powers that could be created by sheer will. Due to the complicated nature of attaining such powers, Sumani left the idea alone while he was conscripted into the Azukana military during a border war with the neighboring Cagia. During a battle, Sumani was hit by an arrow, leaving him incapacitated for weeks as medical mages removed the poison and begun healing him. While recovering, Sumani read more on Abstraction Magic and worked to create his own unique power. The development of his newfound powers and excellent usage of them during the later border conflicts propelled Sumani into the Machi Yin, where he currently works in the "capital" of Ryobei.
Additional Information: Due to the nature of HJ's powers, it will be restricted to my characters unless you guys agree to encountering it.

thou art wise o mighty op

Thy forefathers hath fought for thy's wisdowm, and I have attained a level of consciousness never before seen in this mortal world.
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:25 pm

Appearance:

Not a big JoJo fan, never even watched it. And I'm not a fan of bow so I'll pass on that, and I don't mind if you put my character's in a lie detector at any point, it won't mean much when they aren't much of diplomats.
The flag I have is an image of Bronya.
Anime: Honkai Star Rail

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:33 pm

5pb wrote:

Appearance:

Not a big JoJo fan, never even watched it. And I'm not a fan of bow so I'll pass on that, and I don't mind if you put my character's in a lie detector at any point, it won't mean much when they aren't much of diplomats.

When you hear someone say "I never watched Jojo"

Wait...so that also means you didn't get my jojo reference in Arrindor's app? Also not sure what you mean by "I'm not a fan of bow so I'll pass on that."

And if I do manage to get one of your characters under HJ's influence, I'll tell you beforehand so you'll at least know what to expect. It shouldn't come up too often

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:35 pm

Asardia wrote:
5pb wrote:Not a big JoJo fan, never even watched it. And I'm not a fan of bow so I'll pass on that, and I don't mind if you put my character's in a lie detector at any point, it won't mean much when they aren't much of diplomats.

Wait...so that also means you didn't get my jojo reference in Arrindor's app? Also not sure what you mean by "I'm not a fan of bow so I'll pass on that."

And if I do manage to get one of your characters under HJ's influence, I'll tell you beforehand so you'll at least know what to expect. It shouldn't come up too often

*Hides in corner so as not to be yelled at for not ever seeing jojo*
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:17 pm

Frachen wrote:
Asardia wrote:

*Hides in corner so as not to be yelled at for not ever seeing jojo*

.... por que? Por que????????

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:33 pm

Asardia wrote:
5pb wrote:Not a big JoJo fan, never even watched it. And I'm not a fan of bow so I'll pass on that, and I don't mind if you put my character's in a lie detector at any point, it won't mean much when they aren't much of diplomats.

Was supposed to say bowing, not a fan of lowering my head to others, I'm know for having a superiority complex with my friends.

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:47 am

5pb wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Was supposed to say bowing, not a fan of lowering my head to others, I'm know for having a superiority complex with my friends.

Ohhh that makes sense. I thought the bow was referencing how Sumani was shot by an arrow (another JoJo reference hehehehe). I understand

Also I should post sometime today. Arrindor will leave the KM palace and probably interact with Rin. Also, the new time rules will take place here. From this point on, every 1 IC page is equal to 12 hours. Jasmine will be recovering from using Devil's Whisper and I'll have Sumani pull a Kira on an escaping criminal to show off his powers

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:14 pm

Asardia wrote:
5pb wrote:Was supposed to say bowing, not a fan of lowering my head to others, I'm know for having a superiority complex with my friends.

Ohhh that makes sense. I thought the bow was referencing how Sumani was shot by an arrow (another JoJo reference hehehehe). I understand

Also I should post sometime today. Arrindor will leave the KM palace and probably interact with Rin. Also, the new time rules will take place here. From this point on, every 1 IC page is equal to 12 hours. Jasmine will be recovering from using Devil's Whisper and I'll have Sumani pull a Kira on an escaping criminal to show off his powers

NIce...I have a little...timeline....to show you later, It'll show you my plan for the first season or part, or whatever term u want to use. I also have another character joining the party soon.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Character Name:Azgorith
Appearance:Image
House:Demon
Personality:Mentally Unstable, Chaotic, Impulsive, Internally Conflicting
Mage Type (Mage, Sensor, Esoteric, Medic, Archmage, Dark Mage?):Demon
Magic/Abilities (if any):Memory Thief:He can steal the memories of others.
Blood Manipulation:He can cause people's blood to literally boil inside of them, of alternatively freeze it inside of them.
Materialization:He can create small blades out of thin air
Poison Immunity:Self Explanitory
Limitations:
Memory Thief adds to his instability and can be reversed by exposure to important people and important objects. It also requires him to make eye contact and his victim must be within arm's reach.
Blood manipulation requires a very close proximity, and can only be used on people within 5 feet of himself
Materialization can only produce small blades, no longer than 1 foot.
Poison Imunity only applies to himself
Faction (does your character belong to a faction? Where does your character’s loyalties lie?):Death's Legion
Biography:A demon, who has no clear past. It is unknown how many memories he stole from people, or how many people became his victim. He found Nightmare after his transformation and attempted to steal his memories for fun. Nightmare however outsmarted him and originally was going to kill him seeing as he served no purpose to him. However, Azgorith mamaged to convince him of his usefulness and an uneasy relationship began. Azgorith doesn't dare attack Nightmare, for now, as his will to live far outways his will for revenge. He serves to steal the memories from important people and ring them under Nightmare. He frequently fights with Darkon, and the two have a mutual hatred for each other.
Additional Information:Has an affinity for snakes
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:42 pm

Frachen wrote:
Appearance:(Image)
Blood Manipulation:He can cause people's blood to literally boil inside of them, of alternatively freeze it inside of them.
Limitations:
Memory Thief adds to his instability and can be reversed by exposure to important people and important objects. It also requires him to make eye contact and his victim must be within arm's reach.
Blood manipulation requires a very close proximity, and can only be used on people within 5 feet of himself
Faction (does your character belong to a faction? Where does your character’s loyalties lie?):Death's Legion
Biography:A demon, who has no clear past. It is unknown how many memories he stole from people, or how many people became his victim. He found Nightmare after his transformation and attempted to steal his memories for fun. Nightmare however outsmarted him and originally was going to kill him seeing as he served no purpose to him. However, Azgorith mamaged to convince him of his usefulness and an uneasy relationship began. Azgorith doesn't dare attack Nightmare, for now, as his will to live far outways his will for revenge. He serves to steal the memories from important people and ring them under Nightmare. He frequently fights with Darkon, and the two have a mutual hatred for each other.

Kuroha image, kagepro. Takane Enomoto, best waifu

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:22 pm

Frachen wrote:
Limitations:

So when a memory is stolen, a person loses access to it? His powers act as an amnesia inducer, and exposure to the things that caused the memory can make it return?

Accepted

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:46 pm

Asardia wrote:
Frachen wrote:
Limitations:

So when a memory is stolen, a person loses access to it? His powers act as an amnesia inducer, and exposure to the things that caused the memory can make it return?

Accepted

correct
side note, anyone ever watch look who's back? Great movie....
Last edited by Frachen on Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:00 pm

Frachen wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Accepted

correct
side note, anyone ever watch look who's back? Great movie....

Never saw it. I just googled it, and it...definitely seems like something. I have no words for it honestly

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:28 pm

everyone was worthless with few exceptions.

BIG MOOD 5pb.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:31 pm

Asardia wrote:
everyone was worthless with few exceptions.

BIG MOOD 5pb.

I said that Rin may or may not be based on me....

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:44 pm

5pb wrote:
Asardia wrote:
BIG MOOD 5pb.

I said that Rin may or may not be based on me....

Ah I see you're a hater of humanity as well. Misanthropes will soon rule the world

BTW, as Rin is a lost prince, that does mean that Arrindor would recognize him, right? Your app said he was born in another country, so is Rin like Jasmine? Children born to imperial officials with commoners?

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:58 pm

Asardia wrote:
5pb wrote:I said that Rin may or may not be based on me....

Ah I see you're a hater of humanity as well. Misanthropes will soon rule the world

BTW, as Rin is a lost prince, that does mean that Arrindor would recognize him, right? Your app said he was born in another country, so is Rin like Jasmine? Children born to imperial officials with commoners?

I was thinking that he was born during foreign affairs, where the emperor and whomever his mother is, were over seas, or something and he was born while they were there and left behind.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:35 pm

5pb wrote:
Asardia wrote:

I was thinking that he was born during foreign affairs, where the emperor and whomever his mother is, were over seas, or something and he was born while they were there and left behind.

Hmmmm. In that case, Arrindor probably shouldn't have recognized Rin then. I'll pass it off as some sort of magical connection. Jasmine is the only character of mine who's a Sensor, so do you want to have Rin stumble upon her at some point? She'll definitely recognize Rin's aura signature, and by that point, the plot should be mlvijf forward quicker

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:06 pm

Asardia wrote:
5pb wrote:

Hmmmm. In that case, Arrindor probably shouldn't have recognized Rin then. I'll pass it off as some sort of magical connection. Jasmine is the only character of mine who's a Sensor, so do you want to have Rin stumble upon her at some point? She'll definitely recognize Rin's aura signature, and by that point, the plot should be mlvijf forward quicker

Sure, that works for me.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:09 pm

5pb wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Sure, that works for me.

Alright. My next post will have Jasmine recovering and her and Sarin going out to talk about the future. And sorry about that keyboard stroke I had in my last post. I meant to say "the plot should be moving forward quicker". Anyway glad we came to a resolution. The walking JoJo reference will make more appearances later on as well

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:19 pm

Would the Princes happen to have cousins?
If so...I have an idea
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:25 am

Frachen wrote:Would the Princes happen to have cousins?
If so...I have an idea

Yes. Anyone who comes from the Cheristi is distantly related to the Mayato dynasty (three princes).

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:09 pm

Character Name:Natalina Cheristi
Appearance:Image
House:Cheristi
Personality:Curious, a bit of a tomboy, trusting
Mage Type (Mage, Sensor, Esoteric, Medic, Archmage, Dark Mage?):Mage
Magic/Abilities (if any):Wind magic Adept:
Barriers:She can create areas of high turbulence to prevent projectiles from reaching her
Detection:She can sense people's locations as they move due to the displacement of the air
Gusts:She can hit her foes with powerful gusts of wind.
Limitations:She has a hard time adapting her magic to opponents who can teleport or who can move a projectile fast enough to pass through a barrier. The closer it looks like she is to winning, the more cocky she gets, more likely to make a mistake
Faction (does your character belong to a faction? Where does your character’s loyalties lie?):Mayato Dynasty
Biography:As a young girl, she showed a fascination for many things. She was given sword lessons by her father, a high ranking official in the Emperor's army. She carries her father's weapon with herself to honor him. She studied angels and demons, and wishes to meet some. She was once told by her father "Never let yourself be alone in a room with Diva, especially when he's drunk." She listens to her father, but thinks highly of Diva, thinking that he wouldn't think of doing anything to her. She is the cousin of the princes, and is popular with the people
Additional Information:
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:15 am

Frachen wrote:
Character Name:Natalina Cheristi
House:Cheristi
Personality:Curious, a bit of a tomboy, trusting
Mage Type (Mage, Sensor, Esoteric, Medic, Archmage, Dark Mage?):Mage
Magic/Abilities (if any):Wind magic Adept:
Barriers:She can create areas of high turbulence to prevent projectiles from reaching her
Detection:She can sense people's locations as they move due to the displacement of the air
Gusts:She can hit her foes with powerful gusts of wind.
Limitations:She has a hard time adapting her magic to opponents who can teleport or who can move a projectile fast enough to pass through a barrier. The closer it looks like she is to winning, the more cocky she gets, more likely to make a mistake
Faction (does your character belong to a faction? Where does your character’s loyalties lie?):Mayato Dynasty
Biography:As a young girl, she showed a fascination for many things. She was given sword lessons by her father, a high ranking official in the Emperor's army. She carries her father's weapon with herself to honor him. She studied angels and demons, and wishes to meet some. She was once told by her father "Never let yourself be alone in a room with Diva, especially when he's drunk." She listens to her father, but thinks highly of Diva, thinking that he wouldn't think of doing anything to her. She is the cousin of the princes, and is popular with the people
Additional Information:

LOL at the Diva line. Accepted

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse