NATION

PASSWORD

The Arrowverse Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sat May 25, 2019 4:18 am

Looks like early reviews are doing pretty well for Swamp Thing.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:57 am

New haven america wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:We got our first Batwoman trailer.

...Also, just don't even bother with the comment section. Yikes.

Eh, with Legends and Doom Patrol, I kinda wish DC would focus on the sillier or more obscure stuff when it comes to live action works right now.

Catching up on Doom Patrol. That's the most Grant Morrison thing you could possibly have. It's what Legends wishes it could be, but they don't have Grant Morrison supplying source material.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:14 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
New haven america wrote:Eh, with Legends and Doom Patrol, I kinda wish DC would focus on the sillier or more obscure stuff when it comes to live action works right now.

Catching up on Doom Patrol. That's the most Grant Morrison thing you could possibly have. It's what Legends wishes it could be, but they don't have Grant Morrison supplying source material.

What part are you on?

Also, a Blue Beetle show, I want a Blue Beetle show covering all 3 of them. Maybe swapping them out each season or 2 (Probably 2, to really flesh out their stories).
Last edited by New haven america on Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:15 am

Legends is great without having to rely on that puerile tone those shitty Titanverse shows have. Just cause someone can say "Fuck" doesn't make a show good.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:15 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Legends is great without having to rely on that puerile tone those shitty DC Universe shows. Just cause someone can say "Fuck" doesn't make a show good.

That's nice Ameri.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:17 am

New haven america wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Legends is great without having to rely on that puerile tone those shitty DC Universe shows. Just cause someone can say "Fuck" doesn't make a show good.

That's nice Ameri.

No, it's really not. Cause when you rely on being edgy instead of actually putting effort into the writing, you get stuff like Doom Patrol and Titans...and Arrow...so glad Arrow is almost over.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:18 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
New haven america wrote:That's nice Ameri.

No, it's really not. Cause when you rely on being edgy instead of actually putting effort into the writing, you get stuff like Doom Patrol and Titans...and Arrow...so glad Arrow is almost over.

That's nice Ameri.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:24 am

New haven america wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:No, it's really not. Cause when you rely on being edgy instead of actually putting effort into the writing, you get stuff like Doom Patrol and Titans...and Arrow...so glad Arrow is almost over.

That's nice Ameri.

You just gonna keep saying that or can we have an actual discussion here? Cause I'm curious why anyone defends these shows when they think an overly long scene of a whole town orgasming is comedy.

I still laugh at the word "Uranus" and even I rolled my eyes.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:39 am

New haven america wrote:Looks like early reviews are doing pretty well for Swamp Thing.

Also, some bad news on that front...
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:41 am

New haven america wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Catching up on Doom Patrol. That's the most Grant Morrison thing you could possibly have. It's what Legends wishes it could be, but they don't have Grant Morrison supplying source material.

What part are you on?

Pure fucking Morrison.
New haven america wrote:Also, a Blue Beetle show, I want a Blue Beetle show covering all 3 of them. Maybe swapping them out each season or 2 (Probably 2, to really flesh out their stories).

Including the one that had to pull start his suit like a lawn mower?

I'm in.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:55 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
New haven america wrote:What part are you on?

Pure fucking Morrison.
New haven america wrote:Also, a Blue Beetle show, I want a Blue Beetle show covering all 3 of them. Maybe swapping them out each season or 2 (Probably 2, to really flesh out their stories).

Including the one that had to pull start his suit like a lawn mower?

I'm in.

Especially the one who had his suit constantly doing crazy shit.

I was thinking like, Dan can be the campy and classic 1950's all American type (Honestly, maybe making the season(s) a parody or satire could work too), Ted can be kinda like Ironman where he's constantly building and inventing new shit, and Jaime can be like how he is in Young Justice or his stand alone series (A kid basically thrown into the deep end and who's forced to adapt to survive).
Last edited by New haven america on Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:59 am

They actually mentioned Kord a few times in the Arrowverse. Routh was actually supposed to play him at first instead of Ray Palmer/The Atom. Some kind of copyright issue.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

BigTimeRush
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby BigTimeRush » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:41 am

I love grant gustin :rofl:

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:57 pm

Young Justice is back!

I've been loving it, but apparently the rest of the fanbase thinks it's terrible and should've been put off for another decade. You just can't please them, can you?
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:34 pm

So apparently Brandon Routh is gonna be back in the Superman suit for Crisis On Infinite Earths.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:53 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:So apparently Brandon Routh is gonna be back in the Superman suit for Crisis On Infinite Earths.

They did say infinite Earths...

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
New haven america wrote:Looks like early reviews are doing pretty well for Swamp Thing.

Also, some bad news on that front...

Wasn’t Constantine supposed to appear in Swamp Thing for a crossover?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:08 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:

Wasn’t Constantine supposed to appear in Swamp Thing for a crossover?

I didn't hear anything about it, but I would have expected it. Constantine made his first appearance in a Swamp Thing comic after all.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:10 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:Wasn’t Constantine supposed to appear in Swamp Thing for a crossover?

I didn't hear anything about it, but I would have expected it. Constantine made his first appearance in a Swamp Thing comic after all.

Yeah Matt Ryan said something about a crossover but I guess it never happened since the show was cancelled.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:10 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I didn't hear anything about it, but I would have expected it. Constantine made his first appearance in a Swamp Thing comic after all.

Yeah Matt Ryan said something about a crossover but I guess it never happened since the show was cancelled.

Because I never get what I want...

...says the guy who got 8 Spider-man movies, three seasons of Daredevil, two of Iron Fist Power Man and Cloak & Dagger, two Ghost Rider movies and a TV series...I mean, not all of them were good but still...

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:22 pm

Arrowverse returns tonight with the Batwoman premiere...and Supergirl...but you don't need to watch that one.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:59 pm

It took 6 seasons, but The Flash
finally played "Flash" by Queen.

Love it.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:21 am

Ameriganastan wrote:It took 6 seasons, but The Flash
finally played "Flash" by Queen.

Love it.

I'm not done with the episode, but I was sure enough that it would be that that I clicked the spoiler before finishing.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:30 am

Can I get one season without yet another obnoxious alternate Wells? Cripes.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:45 pm

I'm really trying to be on Batwoman's side here. But they're making it hard. Like the fight scene with Magpie was Iron Fist levels of bad. And the non-ironic use of the term "Batsplaining"...you're killing me here, show.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction