NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Flaming in UK pol thread.

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

[R] Flaming in UK pol thread.

Postby Hirota » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:40 am

Calling another poster a liar is not kosher.

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:
Greed and Death wrote:Boris has the votes it is only a matter of time until the deal happens.

Johnson tells lies. You have a lot in common.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Audioslavia » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:29 am

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:46 am

Hirota wrote:
Johnson tells lies. You have a lot in common.
A gas is vapourous and insubstantial and largely empty of anything interesting, your arguments sure have a lot in common. All you have is a poorly delivered dribble of venom.

And greed is probably right. Plenty of MP's who voted for Letwins ammendment have come out and said they will support the deal once the framework is in place. The maths were in favour before the weekend, and there isn't evidence they've shifted since.

If the framework can stand the various ammendments that are certainly going to come it's way is another matter. We'll probably see attempts to have a referendum tacked on, probably some form of delay to bring about a review.

Is the bolded also flaming?
Everything is intertwinkled

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004

Postby Hirota » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:05 am

Hirota wrote:A gas is vapourous and insubstantial and largely empty of anything interesting, your arguments sure have a lot in common. All you have is a poorly delivered dribble of venom.

And greed is probably right. Plenty of MP's who voted for Letwins ammendment have come out and said they will support the deal once the framework is in place. The maths were in favour before the weekend, and there isn't evidence they've shifted since.

If the framework can stand the various ammendments that are certainly going to come it's way is another matter. We'll probably see attempts to have a referendum tacked on, probably some form of delay to bring about a review.

It's called attacking the argument old bean. Pointing out your post was vapid and nothing more than venom isn't against the rules.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:08 am

Hirota wrote:A gas is vapourous and insubstantial and largely empty of anything interesting, your arguments sure have a lot in common. All you have is a poorly delivered dribble of venom.

No, it is attacking the post, not the poster. That said, Hirota watch to make sure you do not go over the line.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Return to Moderation