NATION

PASSWORD

Oceanus Procellarum: Operation Bifrost (OOC Thread)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Oceanus Procellarum: Operation Bifrost (OOC Thread)

Postby Rupudska » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:43 pm

This is the OOC thread for Oceanus Procellarum, and also contains DA RULES for that thread, as well as a brief timeline of events. It is primarily for discussion, to keep my inbox from flooding with TGs and to keep OOC out of the IC thread.

TIMELINE
  • 1921: Karlsland and Ostmark refuse to sign the Washington Naval Treaty and coerce Fuso, Brazil, and Gallia to do the same, resulting in its cancellation.
  • April 1936: Development of the Striker Unit begins in two research facilities in Britannia and Karlsland.
  • July 1936: Small-scale outbreak of Neuroi in Hispania. Hispanian Civil War breaks out shortly after the last Neuroi is destroyed in Andalusia. The first flight of a Striker Unit takes place in Karlsland on the 4th, ten days later the first Striker-propelled Witch vs Neuroi combat takes place and is a complete success.
  • July 1937: Fuso Sea Incident - A series of encounter battles between Neuroi and the Fuso Navy takes place.
  • August 1937: Fuso commences production of the A6M 'Reisen' Striker Unit. Adolfine Galland, a lieutenant in the Karlsland Luftwaffe, observes the Fuso Sea Incident.
  • 1938: Full scale production of Striker Units commences.
  • February 1938: Fascist Hispanian forces destroy a Neuroi over Almeria. It is the last Neuroi seen in Hispania before the end of the Hispanian Civil War and the start of the Second Neuroi War.
  • 1 April 1939: The Hispanian Civil War ends with a fascist victory.
  • 18 August 1939: Ichiro Miyafuji, inventor of the Striker Unit, is reported dead by the Britannian government. Details on his death remain secret even by 2019.
  • 1 September 1939: A Neuroi Hive appears above Belgrade and quickly grows in size. Official start of the Second Neuroi War.
  • 23 September 1939: Ostmark orders full evacuation of the country as its defensive lines around the Austrian and Hungarian heartlands collapse.
  • October 1939: The intact powers of Europe send a large naval battle group to protect Southeast Asian colonies from Neuroi attack.
  • 10 November 1939: Suomus forms the Independent Volunteer Air Squadron, an international squadron of Witches. It serves as the prototype for the League of Nations' Joint Fighter Wings, and is later re-organized as the 507th JFW.
  • 30 November 1939: Neuroi invade Suomus from a hive in northern Orussia.
  • March 1940: Neuroi with brainwashing, intelligence gathering, and skill mimicking abilities are reported in Suomus. By this point, Neuroi Hives are present in Europe (where they are most prevalent), Asia, Africa, and Australis.
  • 29 March 1940: The Ostmark Hive begins to grow as it moves north towards Karlsland. The Reichswehr moves to defend Karlsland but it soon becomes apparent that with current technology it is only possible to slow their advance.
  • 1 May 1940: Operation Small Bifrost - Berlin and Sudentor, the two capitals of Karlsland, are evacuated.
  • 15 May 1940: Operation Great Bifrost - The total evacuation of Karlsland commences. Amsterdam is annihilated by a Neuroi attack that penetrated three Barrier CAPs. It is expected to take at least one week for all ships to be filled. Operation Gjallarhorn commences as an order-maintaining mission and a means to prevent 'politically unreliable' persons from disrupting future Karlslandic military operations. Communists and Republicans are prioritized over fascists due to the presence of fascists in numerous levels of Karlsland's government and military.

Now for the rules.

RULES
  1. Your first post should (preferably) be your government's reaction to the events in the IC, whether to offer aid, support/oppose Karlsland's decision to oppress communists/fascists/republicans, provide aid to said communists/fascists/republicans; have your characters present in one of Karlsland's port cities (RL all the ones in central Europe from Rotterdam to Konigsberg barring any in Zealand and Amager, though Copenhagen is being used for Bifrost), or have reporters being present doing the same.
  2. Do not spam, do not n00bpost. I expect decent grammar at least. Post length can vary, but one- and two-liners is generally a no-no; if you plan on dialoguing with someone else's (or plural) characters, consider making a joint post on Google Docs. Take time to make your posts, this also helps ensure people don't get overwhelmed by the RP's pace - including myself. If you feel you must post for post's sake, a little character development and sidestories never hurt anyone.
  3. OOC stays in the OOC thread, no exceptions.
  4. Chemical weapons are borderline useless against Neuroi and largely verboten. Nukes do not exist in 1940 and thus are also verboten. If you intend to support political dissidents by providing chemical or biological weapons, you MUST have my approval beforehand, or the approval of what co-OPs I declare.
  5. Your nation MUST acknowledge Fantasy Tech stuff for at least the context of this and future Second Neuroi War RPs. If you don't normally, that's fine, you can declare this RP non-canon for your own nation, but IT WILL BE CONSIDERED CANON FOR MINE.
  6. No godmodding, metagaming, no tech from later than mid-1941, etc.
  7. I can and will kick you from the RP (and all future Second Neuroi War RPs if it's bad enough) if you are a general nuisance whether in the IC or OOC threads. I do not want to do this. You do not want me to do this.
  8. Please only use my TG box for Very Important Things you Don't Think Belong in the OOC, I haven't bought extra TG storage.
Last edited by Rupudska on Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Long live Trotsky.

Who do I want to play?
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:17 pm

One thing I find odd here is the notion that Interwar and early WWII tech has a chance against aliens. Do the Neuroi have a similar tech level as Rupudska-Karlsland? Do hives spawn by portal, or by interstellar travel? Do the Neuroi have jet wngines yet?

From my perspective that is ignorant of context, the overwhelming technological difference can't be held under Suspension of Disbelief; even if you could reverse engineer enough Neuroi tech to weld onto your weaponry, putting Neutronium Armor on a Sherman-esque main battle tank can only do so much.

Knowing your intelligence, though, you already have answers to all of this lined up. I'm excited to hear them.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:21 pm

The point raised is moot since I withdraw my consent to include magical sentient mushrooms in my core canon.

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:31 pm

Ia Cthulhu fhtagn
Aliens get the fuck off earth aaaaaaaa
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:42 am

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:One thing I find odd here is the notion that Interwar and early WWII tech has a chance against aliens. Do the Neuroi have a similar tech level as Rupudska-Karlsland? Do hives spawn by portal, or by interstellar travel? Do the Neuroi have jet wngines yet?

From my perspective that is ignorant of context, the overwhelming technological difference can't be held under Suspension of Disbelief; even if you could reverse engineer enough Neuroi tech to weld onto your weaponry, putting Neutronium Armor on a Sherman-esque main battle tank can only do so much.

Knowing your intelligence, though, you already have answers to all of this lined up. I'm excited to hear them.

The Neuroi's main strengths are their lasers (strong enough to burn through several feet of steel and wood nigh-instantly), their ability to regenerate all damage not done to their core (which is the size of a laundromat washing machine and kills them instantly if destroyed, some later in the war have cores inside other cores), and the fact that they can fire dozens of these lasers, all at once, in any direction.

The main weaknesses, which Witches exploit, is that they're big, huge, don't really do much dodging, and as long as you can detect them you can either send out Witches or, if they're small/slow enough, just artillery them to death. Witches also have shields and magic superpowers, the former of which stops the typical laser cold and can tank all but the largest of the Neuroi's equivalent of solid artillery and the latter just in general helps them in combat. But the main strength of Witches against Neuroi is that they're small enough to weave through the lasers, fast enough to intercept Neuroi, and agile enough to pull turns (with the help of magic) that would tear the nimblest fighter aircraft to pieces.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:10 am

Looks awesome. You did it again, Rup~. :3

Tho' in this time of 1940s, Minroz is ruled by a different emperor and let's just say the tech is...different (AKA Cold-War-era tech), due to being in different worlds and technological pace. Not to mentioned that Minroz's homeworld, Iclamia, is also under attack by Neurois too. However...I happened to have huge surplus of WW2-era guns in the Minrozian military's dusty storage by the time of 1940s.

Anyhow, I'll see if I can post in the reaction.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:18 am

Well hello there.

I did not think I'd live to see another Neuroi War RP from the old SW crowd.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:01 am

Is this a nation or character rp?

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:20 am

Nachfolgia wrote:Is this a nation or character rp?

Looks pretty much like the former considering rule 1.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:12 am

Post up, hope it contributes to things .w.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:34 am

Nachfolgia wrote:Is this a nation or character rp?

Yes.

MInroz wrote:Looks awesome. You did it again, Rup~. :3

Tho' in this time of 1940s, Minroz is ruled by a different emperor and let's just say the tech is...different (AKA Cold-War-era tech), due to being in different worlds and technological pace. Not to mentioned that Minroz's homeworld, Iclamia, is also under attack by Neurois too. However...I happened to have huge surplus of WW2-era guns in the Minrozian military's dusty storage by the time of 1940s.

Anyhow, I'll see if I can post in the reaction.

Yeah... I'm not making exceptions on tech level. For anyone.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:02 am

Where's the app? Technically, it's a whole century before Amenria was founded, so I'll be playing as a Chinese assassin helping a witch or a distant predecessor to an Amenrian hero.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:18 am

A m e n r i a wrote:Where's the app? Technically, it's a whole century before Amenria was founded, so I'll be playing as a Chinese assassin helping a witch or a distant predecessor to an Amenrian hero.

No apps it seems.

Nation based roleplay too.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:23 am

I'll post when I've achieved Nirvana, i.e. slept for an entire night straight without having a break between 2 am and 5 am.
<.>

MT/MagicT

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:24 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:Where's the app? Technically, it's a whole century before Amenria was founded, so I'll be playing as a Chinese assassin helping a witch or a distant predecessor to an Amenrian hero.

No apps it seems.

Coulda sworn I read the OP mentioned characters' actions and reactions. Might have to clear that up.
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:26 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:No apps it seems.

Coulda sworn I read the OP mentioned characters' actions and reactions. Might have to clear that up.

I assume your nation's citizens, leaders etc. all count as characters.

I think it said governments' reaction.
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:28 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:

I assume your nation's citizens, leaders etc. all count as characters.

I think it said governments' reaction.

*Nods*

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:48 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:No apps it seems.

Nope, it's either, or, or both.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Rupudska wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:

Come again?

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:22 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:
Rupudska wrote:

Come again?

You can have it be character's reactions.
You can have it be nation's reactions.
You can have it be both.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:32 am

Posting to correct a mistake - Hives are usually the size of large mountains or small ranges at best (compare - the Harz mountains of Germany, or the Green Mountains of Vermont); their control areas are the size of countries; ones in Asia and Eastern Europe are particularly large and can control zones the size of France or even Britain.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:13 pm

Rupudska wrote:Posting to correct a mistake - Hives are usually the size of large mountains or small ranges at best (compare - the Harz mountains of Germany, or the Green Mountains of Vermont); their control areas are the size of countries; ones in Asia and Eastern Europe are particularly large and can control zones the size of France or even Britain.

There are also hives that aren't located in the air~

The North African front had hives that were buried within the confines of a pyramid~
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:01 pm

Sonitusia wrote:
Rupudska wrote:Posting to correct a mistake - Hives are usually the size of large mountains or small ranges at best (compare - the Harz mountains of Germany, or the Green Mountains of Vermont); their control areas are the size of countries; ones in Asia and Eastern Europe are particularly large and can control zones the size of France or even Britain.

There are also hives that aren't located in the air~

The North African front had hives that were buried within the confines of a pyramid~

True, but the North African hives tend to be pretty weak in comparison to the European, Ostfront, and (especially, IIRC) the Pacific hives.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:31 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Sonitusia wrote:There are also hives that aren't located in the air~

True, but the North African hives tend to be pretty weak in comparison to the European, Ostfront, and (especially, IIRC) the Pacific hives.

Yeah the Pacific hives were pure hell, also considering that they were still using backpack striker units when those broke out.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents