NATION

PASSWORD

The Esoterics: Devil's Whisper OOC (Fantasy, Open, Intrigue)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Did you notice my JoJo reference with Sumani Seigana

1: yes
20%
2: no
No votes
3: what
80%

Total votes : 5

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:04 am

Frachen wrote:
Asardia wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq_Fm7qfRQk

I'm planning on Sumani being another Esoteric. Not entirely sure on his ability, but I want it to revolve around gambling and low level probability manipulation. I think it'll add quite a bit to the RP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0mgCnFr-N8
Probability manipulation tho? I wonder how that would work.

Deadpool is legendary

I don't k ow the specifics of it, and the video you link is very cool, but now I'm thinking Sumani will be a walking godmodder. I still want his ability to revolve around cards, dice etc, but I think probability is way too problematic here.

Perhaps it could be a game of some sorts. If Sumani wants to know a secret, then he can convince the target to play the game, and if Sumani wins, he receives an answer. I'll check out the superpowers wiki and Hunter x Hunter to find more abstract abilities that could be used
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:54 am

Asardia wrote:
Frachen wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0mgCnFr-N8
Probability manipulation tho? I wonder how that would work.

Deadpool is legendary

I don't k ow the specifics of it, and the video you link is very cool, but now I'm thinking Sumani will be a walking godmodder. I still want his ability to revolve around cards, dice etc, but I think probability is way too problematic here.

Perhaps it could be a game of some sorts. If Sumani wants to know a secret, then he can convince the target to play the game, and if Sumani wins, he receives an answer. I'll check out the superpowers wiki and Hunter x Hunter to find more abstract abilities that could be used

ok.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Gerdon Laughis
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gerdon Laughis » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:09 am

Character Name: Nemelan Koryaks
Appearance:

House: Koryaks
Personality: Rough around the edges, but just. Has a disconnect from the cultures of the Mainland, but tries his best to respect them. Short fuse gets him into trouble, but his charm and natural leadership make him a capable commander.
Mage Type: Esoteric Summoner
Magic/Abilities: In addition to regular summoning abilities-
Spiritual Bond: Summoned creatures do not physically manifest, but their souls enter his body, granting him their strength and to an extent physical traits, channeling their spiritual energy through himself, and using his soul as a catalyst and link to the spiritual world.
Soul Tap: He attains the ability to draw the life force from the recently deceased, using their souls to perform a summoning.
Restoration: Is able to expend one souls energy to heal a weak or damaged soul.
Link: Due to his souls connection to the spiritual realm, he can search for weak-points in the natural world where summons would be more powerful.
Limitations: The stronger the soul being combined with him, the more control over him they are able to take, and the more of himself he loses. The soul must be dismissed manually, and until then shares his body, and possibly could remove his own soul. His soul degrades overtime due to the constant abuse of the summoning, and must be repaired with other souls every so often lest he become to weak to hold control of himself.
Faction: The Koryaks family, and the Tribal Islands of the Northern Kasaran Sea.
Biography: Born in the frigid islands of the Northern Kasaran Sea, Nemelan grew up one of the many sons of the Koryak Chief Jakonin. The child of one of his many concubines, Nemelan was paid little attention until his possession in early childhood. His young and weak soul, unable to resist the infiltration by a powerful negative spirit, was almost cast out of his body as the young boy seized and spoke wildly in tongues and abyssal speech. The local tribal shamans, expending much energy to expel it and retrieve his soul, senses the bridge between his soul and the spirit world, and classified the Esoteric on the spot. From then on he has trained with the Shamans and Warlocks of the tribe to control his abilities and become an asset to the tribe and the Islands as a whole, for reasons yet to be seen... But as now the emperor lies dead, he has made his way to the mainland to begin a plan generations in the making for the people of these small frozen islands.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:08 am

Gerdon Laughis wrote:
Appearance:
Personality: Rough around the edges, but just. Has a disconnect from the cultures of the Mainland, but tries his best to respect them. Short fuse gets him into trouble, but his charm and natural leadership make him a capable commander.
Spiritual Bond: Summoned creatures do not physically manifest, but their souls enter his body, granting him their strength and to an extent physical traits, channeling their spiritual energy through himself, and using his soul as a catalyst and link to the spiritual world.
Soul Tap: He attains the ability to draw the life force from the recently deceased, using their souls to perform a summoning.
Link: Due to his souls connection to the spiritual realm, he can search for weak-points in the natural world where summons would be more powerful.
Limitations: The stronger the soul being combined with him, the more control over him they are able to take, and the more of himself he loses. The soul must be dismissed manually, and until then shares his body, and possibly could remove his own soul. His soul degrades overtime due to the constant abuse of the summoning, and must be repaired with other souls every so often lest he become to weak to hold control of himself.
Faction: The Koryaks family, and the Tribal Islands of the Northern Kasaran Sea.
Biography: Born in the frigid islands of the Northern Kasaran Sea, Nemelan grew up one of the many sons of the Koryak Chief Jakonin. The child of one of his many concubines, Nemelan was paid little attention until his possession in early childhood. His young and weak soul, unable to resist the infiltration by a powerful negative spirit, was almost cast out of his body as the young boy seized and spoke wildly in tongues and abyssal speech. The local tribal shamans, expending much energy to expel it and retrieve his soul, senses the bridge between his soul and the spirit world, and classified the Esoteric on the spot. From then on he has trained with the Shamans and Warlocks of the tribe to control his abilities and become an asset to the tribe and the Islands as a whole, for reasons yet to be seen... But as now the emperor lies dead, he has made his way to the mainland to begin a plan generations in the making for the people of these small frozen islands.

A NEW MEMBER!!!!! App is accepted

BTW I know there's not a lot of background given, so I appreciate you creating your own lore for your character.
Last edited by Asardia on Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:07 am

Gerdon Laughis wrote:
Appearance:

an interesting character
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Gerdon Laughis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gerdon Laughis » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:55 am

Family/House Name: House Koryaks
Head of House: Khan Jakonin Koryaks
Insignia/Symbol : Symbol
Motto: "Pust' ves' mir odnazhdy uznayet silu l'da i snega." (May the whole world once know the power of ice and snow.)
Faction Alignment: Snega People
Elemental Affinity/magical prowess: Divination and Summoning powers, very minor Esoteric-ism
History: House Koryaks was founded with the unification of the many tribes of the Northern Islands to fend off the invading mainland forces generations ago. Ultimately failing, the peoples remained united seeing this as a way to preserve their culture and identity under mainland rule. From that point on, the Koryaks family has reigned as Khans of the islands, fiercely defending the rights of the Islanders and making sure the ocean isn't the only rift separating the political entities.

[box]Faction Name: Zemlya Vechnogo Snega or The Frozen Horde
Leader: Khan Jakonin Koryaks
Faction Alignment (Pro Government, Anti Government, Neutral?): Aggressively Neutral
Goals: Prosperity of the Northern Islands
Size/Influence Just the frozen islands.
Base of Operations Tribal City of Kamchatkadal
History:The so called "Frozen Horde" has existed as a group of frozen herders and nomadic tribesmen for aslong as the mainland has known about the islands. Once a loose coalition of tribes, they banded together to form a cohesive state of sorts during the invasion of the North generations ago. Since then, Snega has reluctantly paid tribute to the Emperor, and does scarce else for the imperial government. They comply with decrees and such, but do not worry themselves with the happenings of a land so far away, choosing instead to simply deal with the issues they have at hand. Now, with the death of the Emperor calling for democracy, they have sent a diplomatic envoy to the capitol for the first time since the invasions ceased, for an aim that will soon be discovered.
Last edited by Gerdon Laughis on Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:11 pm

Gerdon Laughis wrote:
Family/House Name: House Koryaks
Head of House: Khan Jakonin Koryaks
Insignia/Symbol : Symbol
Motto: "Pust' ves' mir odnazhdy uznayet silu l'da i snega." (May the whole world once know the power of ice and snow.)
Faction Alignment: Snega People
Elemental Affinity/magical prowess: Divination and Summoning powers, very minor Esoteric-ism
History: House Koryaks was founded with the unification of the many tribes of the Northern Islands to fend off the invading mainland forces generations ago. Ultimately failing, the peoples remained united seeing this as a way to preserve their culture and identity under mainland rule. From that point on, the Koryaks family has reigned as Khans of the islands, fiercely defending the rights of the Islanders and making sure the ocean isn't the only rift separating the political entities.

[box]Faction Name: Zemlya Vechnogo Snega or The Frozen Horde
Leader: Khan Jakonin Koryaks
Faction Alignment (Pro Government, Anti Government, Neutral?): Aggressively Neutral
Goals: Prosperity of the Northern Islands
Size/Influence Just the frozen islands.
Base of Operations Tribal City of Kamchatkadal
History:The so called "Frozen Horde" has existed as a group of frozen herders and nomadic tribesmen for aslong as the mainland has known about the islands. Once a loose coalition of tribes, they banded together to form a cohesive state of sorts during the invasion of the North generations ago. Since then, Snega has reluctantly paid tribute to the Emperor, and does scarce else for the imperial government. They comply with decrees and such, but do not worry themselves with the happenings of a land so far away, choosing instead to simply deal with the issues they have at hand. Now, with the death of the Emperor calling for democracy, they have sent a diplomatic envoy to the capitol for the first time since the invasions ceased, for an aim that will soon be discovered.
Ac

Accepted. I'll have Arrindor make another scene at court so we can interact there. I also think Frachen's character (Xavi) should be the State Chancellor, which works for the envoy meeting

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:53 pm

Should we have Sarin and Jasmine come across Rin? Jasmine will still be out of commission, but maybe Sarin can talk with him while Arrindor and Xavi deal with the Frozen Horde. Arrindor will probably get out of there early, and as Sarin leaves, Arrindor will go to the nobles district.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:07 pm

question, what will mark the passage of a day? I ask because I need time references for some of my things
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:31 pm

Frachen wrote:question, what will mark the passage of a day? I ask because I need time references for some of my things

Even though Ryobei is cloudy all the time, you can still tell the difference between day and night, just like irl. Outside the city, there are mages who regularly travel in and out the city, where the day-night cycle is much more clear. This allows for clocks in Ryobei to be rang, signalling the passage of noon, midnight etc. So tbh the fog wouldn't make a major difference. Also, there are two moons in this world, with one being incredibly bright. So as soon as you see the moon, it's dusk, and as the moon sets, it's dawn.
Last edited by Asardia on Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:37 pm

Asardia wrote:
Frachen wrote:question, what will mark the passage of a day? I ask because I need time references for some of my things

Even though Ryobei is cloudy all the time, you can still tell the difference between day and night, just like irl. Outside the city, there are mages who regularly travel in and out the city, where the day-night cycle is much more clear. This allows for clocks in Ryobei to be rang, signalling the passage of noon, midnight etc. So tbh the fog wouldn't make a major difference. Also, there are two moons in this world, with one being incredibly bright. So as soon as you see the moon, it's dusk, and as the moon sets, it's dawn.

what I mean is for us, as the participants of the rp, will you tell us what time it is in the rp, or what?
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:41 pm

Frachen wrote:
Asardia wrote:

what I mean is for us, as the participants of the rp, will you tell us what time it is in the rp, or what?

Ohhhhh. I can do that. Right now, it would make the most sense for us to be in late afternoon, and my posts can reflect that as well. My next post can have the time as 5pm and we can go from there. Sorry if I sound confusing, as I haven't thought of an OOC time measurement. I'm open to suggestions if this doesn't work

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:44 pm

Asardia wrote:Should we have Sarin and Jasmine come across Rin? Jasmine will still be out of commission, but maybe Sarin can talk with him while Arrindor and Xavi deal with the Frozen Horde. Arrindor will probably get out of there early, and as Sarin leaves, Arrindor will go to the nobles district.

Go nuts, the more you talk to Rin the more you'll learn.
The flag I have is an image of Bronya.
Anime: Honkai Star Rail

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:54 pm

Asardia wrote:
Frachen wrote:what I mean is for us, as the participants of the rp, will you tell us what time it is in the rp, or what?

Ohhhhh. I can do that. Right now, it would make the most sense for us to be in late afternoon, and my posts can reflect that as well. My next post can have the time as 5pm and we can go from there. Sorry if I sound confusing, as I haven't thought of an OOC time measurement. I'm open to suggestions if this doesn't work

every day is 12hr??? idk
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:27 pm

5pb wrote:
Asardia wrote:Should we have Sarin and Jasmine come across Rin? Jasmine will still be out of commission, but maybe Sarin can talk with him while Arrindor and Xavi deal with the Frozen Horde. Arrindor will probably get out of there early, and as Sarin leaves, Arrindor will go to the nobles district.

Go nuts, the more you talk to Rin the more you'll learn.

Rin has his own secret plans? The intrigue just keeps getting more intriguing

Frachen wrote:
Asardia wrote:

every day is 12hr??? idk

The IC is moving rather slow. We've been stuck in the same day for nearly a month. I'd say 1 page=12 IC hours could work instead. 12 hours per 1 irl day would speed things up, but I think it may be a little too fast

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:16 pm

Asardia wrote:
5pb wrote:Go nuts, the more you talk to Rin the more you'll learn.

Rin has his own secret plans? The intrigue just keeps getting more intriguing

Frachen wrote:every day is 12hr??? idk

The IC is moving rather slow. We've been stuck in the same day for nearly a month. I'd say 1 page=12 IC hours could work instead. 12 hours per 1 irl day would speed things up, but I think it may be a little too fast

makes sense, and sounds good to me
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Gerdon Laughis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gerdon Laughis » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:42 pm

Post up!

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:40 pm

yo, got caught, big oof, prbly won't be on 4 a week or 2, but I WILL RETURN...you have permission to use DIva and Xavi Asardia, not Nightmare tho.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:57 am

Frachen wrote:yo, got caught, big oof, prbly won't be on 4 a week or 2, but I WILL RETURN...you have permission to use DIva and Xavi Asardia, not Nightmare tho.

Hmm okay. I'll try to deal with Diva in the Palace as expected, and I'll probably have Xavi just respond to the Frozen Horde. I'll get a post up today and I'll gauge to see how often Xavi or Diva will need to be used

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:03 am

Working on some new characters the should be up within a few days.
The flag I have is an image of Bronya.
Anime: Honkai Star Rail

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:04 pm

5pb wrote:Working on some new characters the should be up within a few days.

Aye, I look forward to it. I was looking back at Soul Reaper earlier and saw that you had a plethora of characters. Kishi was among my favourites. It's a shame we didn't get to the showdown between Narissa and Arashi, but que sera sera. Anyway go crazy with the abilities if they're Esoterics. Some more Kosen Machi or top government officials would make this more interesting

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Xeng He
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:26 pm

Might make something later.
Blazedtown wrote:[an ism is] A term used by people who won't admit their true beliefs, or don't have any.
[spoiler=Quotes]
Galloism: ...social media is basically cancer. I’d like to reiterate that social media is bringing the downfall of society in a lot of ways.
I'm Not Telling You It's Going to Be Easy, I'm Telling You It's Going to be Worth It.
Oh my god this comic

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:44 pm

I have returned....Here's a helpful tip, don't tell anyone that you know the password to an old account.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Frachen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:48 pm

I'm thinking about doing something with Nightmare's past, I don't have characters fleshed out fully, but they should be up. Only 2 Characters, but a few NPC's...
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:12 pm

Xeng He wrote:Might make something later.

Great! Always nice to see new people joining. Feel free to ask any questions

Frachen wrote:I have returned....Here's a helpful tip, don't tell anyone that you know the password to an old account.

Frachen wrote:I'm thinking about doing something with Nightmare's past, I don't have characters fleshed out fully, but they should be up. Only 2 Characters, but a few NPC's...

Ah you've returned. Fortunately, I only used Xavi once, and it didn't seem particularly important. And... tip noted

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse