NATION

PASSWORD

Faction Levels in N-day

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The Islands Gazette
Civil Servant

Founded: May 12, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Faction Levels in N-day

Postby The Islands Gazette » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:57 pm

(Cross-Posted from Vault 41)

So I know a common complaint is that smaller factions don’t have a chance to play and have fun. I thought of a solution to fix that called faction leveling. It works like this. Everyone starts out in the base level when the faction is created. As the faction gains members it levels up as it hits certain milestones, such as 50, 100, 250, 600, 1000. How this would work is your faction can attack anyone a higher level then them, equal to them, or one level lower then them. This allows factions of 20-30 players to be able to be safe from big factions looking for easy prey as well as to force larger factions to fight instead of deathballing. I welcome any and all suggestions as to what everyone thinks of the idea.

Eluvatar
Director of Technology

Founded: Mar 31, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Eluvatar » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:23 pm

I don't speak for [violet] but rather than having such gameable thresholds, if I were to tweak N-day I'd be more likely to implement scoring modified by the ratio of score between factions. Hitting a faction with a lower score than yours would net less score than hitting a faction with a higher score.
To Serve and Protect: UDL

Eluvatar - Taijitu member

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:31 am

Eluvatar wrote:I don't speak for [violet] but rather than having such gameable thresholds, if I were to tweak N-day I'd be more likely to implement scoring modified by the ratio of score between factions. Hitting a faction with a lower score than yours would net less score than hitting a faction with a higher score.

I echo this statement.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:46 pm

Eluvatar wrote:I don't speak for [violet] but rather than having such gameable thresholds, if I were to tweak N-day I'd be more likely to implement scoring modified by the ratio of score between factions. Hitting a faction with a lower score than yours would net less score than hitting a faction with a higher score.

Sorry for being late/potentially gravedigging here, but I would like to note that one of the problems from this N-Day wasn't so much score as that nearly every faction was destroyed by a half dozen or less factions at the top (or could have been), rather than the points racked up doing so. I'm not sure that reducing points earned would solve that problem so much as just make the scores from such less noticeable.

Return to Technical