NATION

PASSWORD

2019 IFF Coupe du monde [IC|Closed|Kylaris Only]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gibany
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibany » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:04 am

Sadik Radončić -10 October 2019

Home · Gibany · Euclea · International · Politics · Business · Technology and Science · Arts · Education · Health · Sports · Weather

ANOTHER WIN FOR GIBANY'S CLINCH

With a hattrick, Gibany cliches as the best team in he first stage.
Kissamos, Piraea - Gibany beat Mathrabumi by a 4-0 score with a hattrick by Hrvoje Ivošević and clinches as the team with the best campaign in the group stage. With Gibany’s third hammering victory, they qualify to the round-of-16 to play against Ordennya on Friday the 11th, at 11:30 p.m., at the Hersonissos Stadium, in Piraea. In perspective, Gibany has the best star in the history of its national team, with three victories, 13 scored goals and only one goal taken. The lead scorer is Hrvoje Ivošević with four goals, followed by Vedad Bajrić and Filip Hrsak, both with two goals.

Gibany’s last game was a rest for the starting XI squad, as head coach Hazim Ferhatović lined-up almost the entire reserve squad. To preserve experience and secure the game, Ferhatović strategically left Kenan Hadžić, Vedad Bajrić, and Matija Mauzer ahead of their respective sectors. For instance, Vedad Bajrić was promoted captain for the night due to his constant high-level performances, keeping the defensive composure and scoring goals at the same time.

The game per se was not a big challenge for the co-hosts. By the end of the first half, the game was already 1-0 with a goal by Bahrudin Čejvan. Walking away from the first half into the half time, Čejvan conceded a quick interview saying: “It’s always good to play for this team, you know? After a few seasons not being called I finally feel like my work is being compensated. Scoring this goal makes me happy, but also helps our team and we will come back to try to increase the lead and leave today with 3 points under our belt.”

Indeed, Gibany returned with a bigger thirst for goals on the feet of the youngster Dinamo Drošnja attacker, Hrvoje Ivošević. He previously scored in the Gibish trashing victory over Senria by 6-0, but as a sub. He was given a chance as a starter now against Mathrabumi and left a bad impression during the first half; he could not complete plays and, in certain times, was isolated from the rest of the attack, with very little movement. However, Ivošević came back to the second half completely different. It was less than 20 minutes into the second half when the young forward had scored two goals to put Gibany ahead 3-0. On the 81’ he scored a hattrick after converting a penalty kick. Hrvoje Ivošević became the first player under 25 years old to ever score a hattrick in Gibany’s history.

By the end of the game, he said, “It’s unbelievable, you know? I come from such humble neighborhood in Drosy and I never really got to practice with fancy equipment or whatever. It was just me and my friends out in the street having fun and now I’m here and I could score those goals. It’s amazing and I’m happy with our team and we have been winning and we will keep trying hard to give our fans something special in Drosy in a few days.”

Gibany now plays against Ordennya, who qualified second in the group 7 with four points. To analyze Gibany’s opponent a bit further, Ordennya’s moment is a little unstable. They managed to hold up against the exceptional Gaullican team, and surprised fans with an astonishing 5-0 victory over Yoc, until they lost their last match to already eliminated Rwizikuru by 3-0.

Manager Hazim Ferhatović, when questioned about Gibany’s view over their next opponent, said: “It’s football. Everything happens inside the field, so there is no favorite for this game. If they qualified for this stage, it means that they had the guts and skill to come this far. We will keep working and we will play against them like we would play against any other team: seeking victory, but always respecting the opponent.”

Image Comments [ 21,489 ] | Image E-mail
© Glas Naroda Media Group 2019

Image 21,489 comments
MORE HEADLINES
  • Advance, Eldmark! [ 13,531 ]
  • Cassier to face Sanslumiere in the first knockout round Friday. [ 10,726 ]
  • Going undefeated, Caldia's men look to continue the trend in the knockouts [ 9959 ]
  • Narozalica cruise through group stages. [ 6782 ]
Last edited by Gibany on Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Black Marshes
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Marshes » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:27 am

Sanslumiere National Football Team
Équipe de Sanslumière de football

Information

Nation: Sanslumière
Denonym: Sanslumièrais (Gaullican), Sanslumieran (Estmerish)
Nickname: Les Montagnes (The Mountains)
Manager: Alain Boule
Secondary Manager: Julien Ribes
Captain: Raymond Fritolin (CB)
Secondary Captain: Joseph Fritolin (RB)

Starting XI
1. GK – Lyle Orgagne, 34
16. LB – Ahmed El Khaboumi, 33
2. CB – Jean-Carl Garçon, 27
14. CB – Raymond Fritolin, 36 (c)
3. RB – Joseph Fritolin, 31
6. LM – Liam Marcheur, 31
11. CM – Antione Herman, 24
7. CM – Alain Ponts, 24
5. RM – André Herman, 20
21. LF – Albert Gouronne, 36
22. RF – Norman Baptiste, 34

Substitutes
13. GK – Matthieu Cafier, 25
23. GK – David Coele, 22
4. CB – Jacques Sergent, 24
12. CB – James Olivier, 21
15. RB – Eric Bernadotte, 23
27. MF – Marc Iplier, 30
17. MF – Jacques Eptice, 29
18. MF – Pierre Dipie, 29
20. RF – Ayoub Bhabai, 19
19. LF – Alain Snacbeurre, 26

Formation: 4-4-2
Style modifier: ?

Football Kit

Permissions

Choose my goalscorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: Y
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players: Y
RP Injuries to my players: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: Y
Godmod other events: Y
You may call me 'Black Marshes', 'Marshes', 'BM', or my spirit name- Muhammed ibn Yunus ibn Al-Aziz al Mizr :)

I believe Pluto is a planet- "Is a 'midget' not a person?" My opinion is supported by the Shropshire Head of Maths.
Global Warming and the Oil Crisis are myths- excuses to raise fuel prices and save raw materials.

Costa Rica vs South Korea for the World Cup Final!

Etruria2
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Etruria2 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:06 pm

Home|Etruria|Euclea|International|Politics|Business|Technology and Science|Arts|Education|Health|Sport|Opinion

CdM 2019: "Cavalieri Neri" ready to make up for "rocky start"
Etruria progresses out of the group stage, with team ready to take on Chervolesia
Anja Stavaric
08 October 2019 13.30pm | San Alessandro, Vespasia, Etruria
SHARE Image Image Image Image

Etruria’s 4-0 win over Aimilia and eviction of Hennehouwe by Narozalica has sent the team and country through to the next stage. While the start to this Coupe has been widely criticised and condemned back home, the “Cavalieri Neri” appears to have regained their tenacity and flexibility and very much intend to keep it going. Though it is fair to say that head coach Antonio Stefano is under immense pressure from many angles to make amends.
Forwards Giulio Donnatella (l) and Fabio Casarin (r) celebrating the fourth goal against Aimilia.

The win over Aimilia appears to have reenergised fans in the host countries, as well as those back home. The flawless play by the Cavalieri Neri has reignited the hope that this year would be Etruria’s. The hat-trick by vice-captain Francesco Altieri and the stunning header by Mislav Vida all during the first half electrified the fan base, while offering some vindication of Stefano’s “keep it forward strategy.” The second half saw Etruria throw off and beat back poor Aimilian attacks, Stefano opting to keep the team fresh rather than press onward to the final whistle.

Though Etruria progresses, its win over Aimilia was only half the story. Narozalica’s win over Hennehouwe guaranteed that Etruria progressed, if Hennehouwe had drew or won, it would have secured a greater point difference. As one fan put it on social media, “I am happy, but I’m saddened that we go through because Hennehouwe couldn’t.” This is a criticism well understood by coach Stefano.

“I get it, I feel the exact same way. This is not the proper Etrurian way in football I will admit. But we have progressed, and we will be sure to do whatever it takes to keep the momentum going and carry the nation through toward the final” he told reporters after the match against Aimilia.

“This is not been the most comfortable start to a Coupe. Though, this is the most resilient, experienced and creative team from Etruria in a long time. We have the means to go to the end, what is needed is focussed to tune those means” he said further.

Stefano praised the plays made by the midfield and attack, “we saw excellent footwork and teamwork at the forward and mid, an excellent and fluid transition between attack and middle defence, to denying them [Aimilia] the ball midfield to renew the attack. This will be key to our breakthroughs in coming matches.”

The criticism levelled at the team and Stefano in the first two matches have been deflected mostly by Etruria’s progression, but also a seemingly strong record of Stefano’s. According to numerous commentators, Stefano’s management of teams appears to be identical to Etruria’s play in the Coupe so far.

When he took over S.S. Solaria in 2014, the team was languishing after a disastrous Lega Grande the previous year. A once mighty powerhouse of Etrurian football appeared close to collapse on pitch and in the locker room. He initially oversaw a weak start to the 2014 season, with one win, three draws and one loss, but as the season progressed S.S. Solaria rapidly evolved and crushed its opponents, eventually coming to win the 2014 Lega Grande cup. He would lead Solaria to win the cup again in 2015 and a close nail-biting second in 2016, then again in 2017 and 2018.

“I have faith in Stefano to deliver, there’s a record and tradition with him. He takes over a team, he destroys everything they knew and did before hand, which causes some growing pains on pitch, before he gets out of the team what he needs to turn them into a superweapon” former national coach, Aleksandar Vovic told Sporta Gazetta last week.

Team members have also expressed a optimism that perhaps isn’t shared by as many Etrurians as they would hope, including political leaders. Though, it should be said, that the team is aware of the uphill battle they face.

Captain Francesco Altieri told this newspaper during a training session, “we’ve had a rocky start, the boys know this, I know this. But we’re progressing and we’re upping our game. Etruria hasn’t won a cup in a long time and it would be the greatest honour of lives and careers to do that for the country.”

He also stressed that the kinks were being ironed out, “we are getting to grips with the strategy and state of play, very rapidly. We absolutely dominated Aimilia, winning four goals without penalties, free kicks or extra-time. We did it off our own backs during play. We know what we need to do and we’re going to do it.”

With no bookings, no injuries and a solid win over Aimilia to cap off a controversial group stage, the team hopes to progress further, and they believe they can. According to sources inside the team, morale is exceptionally high.

Etruria plays Chervolesia on October 10.

MORE IN SPORT
  • Coupe2019: Etrurian fans expected to use condemned chant aginst Chervolesia [ 27209 ]
  • Coupe2019: Who made it through the group stage? [ 4997 ]
  • Coupe2019: Gibany and Piraea prove the host-blessing is real [ 945 ]
  • Coupe2019: 3 Etrurians arrested for "public indecency" in Gibany [ 651 ]
  • Coupe2019: 66% of Etrurians want to lose Gaullica lose [ 116 ]
© Lighthouse Media 2017

Piraea
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Piraea » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:28 pm

Το Βήμα - To Vima Image
@ToVimaNews

Coupe'19: Piraea to face off with Narozalica tonight. Do the men have what it takes? tovima.pr/U6Lol

Piraea to face off with Narozalica tonight, but can they emerge victorious?
The Nationals will play the undefeated Narozalica in Drosja's Stadion Invictus
Monumental, but can they upset the Narozalic team?
tovima.pr

9:14 - 10 Oct 2019

3,009Retweets9,758Likes

Το Βήμα - To Vima Image
@ToVimaNews

Captain Stephanos Giannopoulos says his team is "ready and able" to deal Narozalica an upset. tovima.pr/P2Not

Giannopoulos says the Nationals are to ready to upset Narozalica.
The centre-forward said his team was "ready and able to show they can"
win tonight's game against the undefeated Narozalica.
tovima.pr

11:12 - 10 Oct 2019

2,834Retweets8,195Likes

Το Βήμα - To Vima Image
@ToVimaNews

Our View: Piraean football fans show their pride in their team and their country. tovima.pr/J6Oyo

Our View: Piraean fans show their pride in their team and their country.
An out-pouring of support has come from Piraea's fans, who have attended
matches in near record numbers to support the Nationals.
tovima.pr

13:57 - 10 Oct 2019

5,696Retweets12,364Likes

Last edited by Piraea on Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jindau
Secretary

Founded: Jul 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Jindau » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:14 pm

Black Marshes
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Marshes » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:22 pm

You may call me 'Black Marshes', 'Marshes', 'BM', or my spirit name- Muhammed ibn Yunus ibn Al-Aziz al Mizr :)

I believe Pluto is a planet- "Is a 'midget' not a person?" My opinion is supported by the Shropshire Head of Maths.
Global Warming and the Oil Crisis are myths- excuses to raise fuel prices and save raw materials.

Etruria2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Etruria2 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Il Popolo Image
@IPonline

Crowds go wild as Etruria beats Chervolesia 1-0 ilpopolo.et/Z1EACf

Etruria beats Chervolesia 1-0 in first post-group game
Etruria went has gone wild after its team beat Chervolesia 1-0.
In a tense game, Francesco Altieri's flawless header sent fans wild.
Etruria is the first team to progress on to the next stage of the Coupe.
ilpopolo.et

19:10 - 10 Oct 2019

4,371Retweets11,630Likes

Last edited by Etruria2 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Etruria2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Etruria2 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:00 pm

Piraea
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Piraea » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:19 pm

Το Βήμα - To Vima Image
@ToVimaNews

Piraea knocked out of Coupe du monde by Narozalica. tovima.pr/T8Rip

Piraea knocked out of Coupe du monde by Narozalica
The Nationals have been eliminated by Narozalica, going goalless in a
2-0 match.
tovima.pr

20:30 - 10 Oct 2019

9,389Retweets14,528Likes

Last edited by Piraea on Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jindau
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Jindau » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:46 am

Cassier
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 07, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cassier » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:07 am

Image Image
L'érable Image
@LerableJournal

Cassier knocked out in 1-0 defeat against Sanslumière lej.ca/4eTaLe

Head Coach Barbeau "disappointed but vows to keep improving"
Le Blue's lucky Coupe de Monde break was finally halted yesterday following a 1-0 loss to Sanslumière which officially eliminated Cassier from contention. Despite the loss captain Rapace commented "we've lost but we're walking out with our heads held high".

lej.ca

RETWEETSFAVORITE
9.8k12.7k

11:07 - 12 Oct 2019

Jindau
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Jindau » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:09 am

Estmere
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Estmere » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:21 am

Τhe Daily Crier - Sport Image
@dcsports

DISAPPOINTMENT: Estmere eliminated by Caldia in 5-1 match, shake-up to team "likely". dailycrier.es/J7RiP

DISAPPOINTMENT: Estmere eliminated by Caldia in embarrassing 5-1 match.
The Crosses have been knocked out of the Coupe by Caldia, with sources close
to the team stating that a shake-up seems "likely".
dailycrier.es

20:10 - 12 Oct 2019

10,681Retweets23,793Likes

Last edited by Estmere on Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuvania
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 22, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Nuvania » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:02 am

Binnelandse|Internasionale|Rugby|Sokker|Krieket|Motorsport|Ander|Opinie

Jaguars Pounce On Vilcasuamanas

SHAREImage Image Image Image
Jan Koos (@JanKoos)
13 October (5:00pm)|DROSNJA

Jaguars players celebrate after their 2-0 victory against Vilcasuamanas.

The Jaguars have pounced on a lacklustre Vilcasuamanian side with a 2-0 victory in Drosnja, Gibany this afternoon.

The victory, as much as the team's progress throughout the Coupe du Monde, was a surprise, owing to Vilcasuamanas having not only a significant higher ranking in the global football standings, but also having consistent wins over Nuvania. Furthermore their dominant performance in pool play showed all the signals of not slowing down once they reached the knockout stages.

However it was not to be. Nuvania had nothing to lose going into the Round of 16. The match began with typical Vilcasuamanian probing attacks and runs up the left and right sides saw many opportunities at goal, but desperate defensive tactics from the Jaguars forced the Vilcasuamanians into making quick decisions, often resulting in the ball failing wildly close to or over the top of the goal. Nuvania had a couple of runs at goal but also failed to get the ball in the back of the net.

The second half was a completely different story. Nuvania launched an attack early on and while it failed to result in any goals, it did set the tone for the rest of the second half. About 20 minutes into the second half, a run from the midfield up the centre of the field created an opportune but minute moment in which 23 year old centre midfielder Adam Maritz thumped the ball from the Vilcasuamanian quarter into the back of the net, setting the Nuvanian fans wild and stunning Vilcasuamanian fans. The goal is Maritz's first at a Coupe du Monde and of the current tournament.

This was followed barely five minutes later by one of the most extraordinary goals scored ever at a Coupe du Monde. Jaguars goalkeeper Jason Cooper had intended on punting the ball back up to the midfield, but what eventuated was a kick that landed on the Vilcasuamanian half of the field. As Vilcasuamanian goalkeeper Aleksas Dukaitis ran foward to grab the ball, the ball bounced right in front of him and up over his head, and with no one in the goal to stop it, continued on bouncing right into the back of the net. Many of the Vilcasuamanian fans stood, mouths agape at what had just occurred, and many still could not believe the final score.

Even the Nuvanian players themselves were struggling to understand what had happened. Jason Cooper, the accidental hero of the Jaguars, simply stood there and laughed when asked about what he thought of his goal, his first in any international match.

Jaguars captain Tiaan Meyer said that this was "above anything he could have imagined".
"Honestly I have absolutely no words for this right now," he said. "It's just incredible, absolutely incredible."

Coach Willem van de Walt said that the team was doing more for Nuvanian football than he could have possibly imagined, and said that the team was making Nuvanian sporting history.
"What can I say?" he said. "I've either got the luckiest team in the world, or I have the best team in the world."

The victory now advances Nuvania into the quarter finals against another familiar Asteria Inferior national side; Sanslumière. Les Montanges, as they are commonly known, have played against Nuvania many times in the past, often in matches during the Asterian Cup. So far in this tournament Sanslumière has not lost a match, and has won three of its four matches, drawing two-all with Eldmark in their second pool play match. They reached the quarter finals by eeking out a one-nil victory in what was their most uninspired match of the tournament against Cassier.

van de Walt said that the familiarity with Sanslumière will be a big advantage for Nuvania.
"We've played them many times before," he said. "While we are aware that they're still a very good team and definitely not a team to understimate, we've got a lot of experience against them and we can use that to our advantage". He said that the team would be reviewing previous matches against Sanslumière to pick out weak points in their formation.

Nuvania takes on Sanslumière at the Sugiyama Arena in Drosnja, Gibany, on October 19, with kickoff at 14:00.

© Nusport 2019

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:46 pm

ImageImage
Le Monde Online Image
@LMOnline

Sartre at the centre of controversy over 'celebration'lm.ga/Cr93sN

Max Sartre performed a controversial salute for each goal against Senria
Gaullican Striker and renowned footballer Max Sartre was at the centre of controversy in Gaullica's match against Senria. The footballer, who's mother is Xiadongese, celebrated each of his three goals in the match with a hand salute famously used by the Xiadongese Military.
lm.ga

RETWEETSFAVORITE

15:12 EST - 14 Oct 2019

ImageImage
Le Monde Online Image
@LMOnline

Sartre fuels debate, 'can celebrate how [he] likes'lm.ga/Cr93sN

Max Sartre fueled the criticism levied against him, citing he can celebrate his goals how he likes.
Following his Xiadongese based celebratory moves after his goals, Max Sartre has defended his decision stating: 'I can celebrate how I like.' The Gaullican footballer argued that these gestures are 'part of his heritage', and he was doing it in 'honour' of the Xiadongese team that the Senrians bested in their group stage.
lm.ga

RETWEETSFAVORITE

16:01 EST - 14 Oct 2019

ImageImage
Le Monde Online Image
@LMOnline

Varne 'ashamed' of conduct, 'disappointed in Sartre'lm.ga/Cr93sN

Roland Varne has expressed his distaste at the conduct of his star-striker Sartre, calling it 'against the game.'
Gaullican Manager Roland Varne has called the celebrations of his striker, Max Sartre, 'disappointing' and 'against the game and its spirits.' He announced that he felt 'anxious and embarrassed to be a Gaullican' and he said he 'felt extremely sorry for Senrians who had to watch that.' 'Football is not about politics, colour or creed -- its about the game. And that is that.' he said.
lm.ga

RETWEETSFAVORITE

16:07 EST - 14 Oct 2019
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:38 pm

FRESH OFF OF 5-1 VICTORY OVER ESTMERE, CALDIA PREPARES TO FACE OFF WITH ELDMARK

SHAREImage Image Image Image
Colmán Mac Gobhann (@colmacg)
15 October 2019 | Drosnja, Gibany

Participation in the quarterfinals is a first for the Devils in Purple, who must defeat Eldmark to advance.

DROSNJA – Caldia has qualified for the quarterfinals following its Sunday victory over Estmere. The team will now advance and is set to play Eldmark in Drosnja on Sunday. The team has continued to perform well throughout the Coupe du monde, advancing through the group stage undefeated and scoring five goals to Estmere's one on Sunday.

The Caldish men are set to advance the farthest they ever have in the Coupe du monde tournament. Previously, the Devils in Purple have only ever made it to the Round of Sixteen where they have been eliminated. However, this year the team's fortunes have changed - advancing to the quarterfinals.

The Devils' Sunday victory over Estmere secured their spot in the quarterfinals. The Sunday evening match saw Caldia beat Estmere 5 to 1. Playing at Drosnja's Stadion Invictus Monumental, the Caldish men's team performed well and played a consistent game. Despite Estmere's early goal, which was scored off a penalty kick less than five minutes into the game, the team managed to over-come Estmere's defense while protecting their own goal. Four minutes into the match, defender Muirís Ó Fearghail fouled Estmerish center-forward Jack Lennon after pushing him. The foul took place close to the net, and Lennon sunk a goal off of a penalty kick.

However, twenty-seven minutes into the match the Caldish offense had managed to wear down Estmere's defense. Captain and center-forward Aodhán Ó Loingsigh scored the team's first goal, tying the game. Caldia began an aggressive game, working to ensure its control of the ball and successfully denied Estmere shots on goal for the rest of the first half. Yahli Benayoun scored the second goal for the Devils forty-one minutes into the game. His shot on goal hit Estmerish goal-keeper William Fitzhoward, who tapped the ball into the net. The goal left Caldia ahead of Estmere heading into the second half.

The second half was similar to the first, with Caldia's iron-wall defense pushing Estmere out. A shot on goal by Estmerish center-forward Zvionere Mwaruwari hit the bar and narrowly missed the net, sixteen minutes in. Caldia's third goal was scored by Ó Loingsigh, with a fourth coming from Benayoun. The fifth and final goal was earned by centre-back Íarla Mac Uidhir, who had a breakaway and was able to score with four minutes left in the match.

Despite the competitive nature of the game, both the Estmerish Crosses and the Devils in Purple played amicably. A number of Caldish players play in Estmere's domestic league and several of Estmere's players came to the defense of Benayoun after he suffered Atudophobic and racist abuse from Amathian fans several weeks ago. Mwaruwari, who was born in Rwizikuru, was a vocal critic of the Amthian fans. Estmerish midfielder Nitin Surve, who like Benayoun is originally from Tsabara, joined Mwaruwari in his criticism of Amathia's fans. The two embraced Benayoun after the match, who thanked them for their support at a post-game press conference.

The Devils are set to face off with Eldmark on Sunday at 17:00 EST. Hopes are high among Caldia supporters. While Eldmark has performed well, its draw with Sanslumière stands out compared to Caldia's undefeated record. Eldmark defeated Swetania 4-1 Sunday morning. Generally, the Caldish team is considered to have better talent. However, Devils' manager Faolán Ó Seoigh has warned the Eldmarkish team "must not be underestimated".

"They have a strong record at this tournament, and we will be working very hard to ensure that we are ready for Sunday".

Caldia will head back to the Piraean capital, Alikianos, for Sunday's match where they will play at Independence Stadium. A record number of supporters are expected to attend, with support for the Caldish men growing. King Kenneth IV is expected to attend with other members of the Royal Family, including ex-footballer Prince John. The Caldish men are often dwarfed by the Caldish women's team, which has a strong record and has won four women's Coupe du monde tournaments. However, their strong showing this year has seen interest in the men's team, and the men's domestic league, surge.

This quarterfinals are set to have a number of high-profile contests. Gibany, which has performed exceptionally well, will face off with Etruria on Friday. Gaullica and Narozalica, two giants of Euclean football, will play one another on Sunday. Sanslumière will play Nuvania on Saturday,
Last edited by The Kingdom of Glitter on Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Estmere
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Estmere » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:48 pm

Τhe Daily Crier - Sport Image
@dcsports

BREAKING: Estmerish national team manager Richard Howe resigns in wake of embarrassing Coupe'19 showing. dailycrier.es/H4aHa

Crosses manager Howe resigns after embarrassing Coupe'19 showing.
Richard Howe has resigned as manage for Estmere's national team amid
outcry over the team's embarrassing performance.
dailycrier.es

13:38 - 16 Oct 2019

8,781Retweets14,369Likes

Last edited by Estmere on Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cumberlanda
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cumberlanda » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:53 pm

ELDMARK SINKS SWETANIA
Swetania falls 4-1 in what appears to be Eldmark’s greatest performance so far.
Elena Narvik
Wednesday, 16th October 2019|Bassania, Gibany

The Lions celebrate a commanding victory to kick off the knockout stage, a 4-1 win over the Black Arrows of Swetania.

Bassania, Gibany

Avancera Lejon! Avancera Lejon! Such chants, songs, and cheers showered upon the pitch during the game in a display of patriotism not yet shown by Eldmarsk fans. Was it the decree from the Prime Minister? Was it to match equally patriotic chants from Swetania? Was it the relatively cheaper seats and cheaper booze in Gibany? Or was it the skillful and aggressive playstyle Eldmark is famous for, yet was absent in prior Coupe matches, coming back?

Very likely a combination of those elements. But for the sake of sappy sports journalism, let’s focus on the latter.

Eldmark was described by some media outlets, even among Aftonstjärna itself, as a tired team coming into the match. Their odds reflected a team that came off a draw from a tough team, and a tough victory against a team that played far above what some expected. Additionally adding to the mood was the Prime Minister’s letter to the Eldmarsk team, which, while some players appreciated the encouragement, other unnamed players felt “pressured” by PM Rehn’s words. It is thought that all these factors helped lead to a shared mood of dread that which, by some standards, could lead to a loss, and a long trip back to Hammarvik. But in Bassania’s Stadion Slobode, it led to a dazzling victory, signifying a level of performance Eldmark had not before reached.

The script coming into the game should have highlighted a tired and overworked Eldmarsk team, fresh out of a tough group stage, prey for the refreshed and determined Black Arrows of Swetania, and for the first five minutes or so, it began to look like it. Swetania came out strong, initially looking to score at 5 minutes, only for Wolf’s kick to swing wide over Ekman’s goal. This would be their last try for another 38 minutes. Not long after, Ulfblad, after repossessing the ball from Sommer, would run up the middle and crash it in the upper right corner of the goal, putting Eldmark on the game board and setting off a chain of events that would lead to a round robin of scoring by the Lions.

Four players scored four goals in this game while wearing the blue and gold, including Håkan Bergman, substituting for Hammarström from the 70th minute onward. The script was turned on its head, now showing the Lions as determined, aggressive, and, for once, displaying a desire to win. “They wanted to win too. But looking into my players’ eyes today versus the days before confirmed it for me. We had a desire and a will to win.” Manager Hakon stated after the game, still clutching a sheet of paper he had first crumpled up and threw on the pitch in frustration.

18 minutes after UIfblad’s score, Alfzelius would answer with one of his own, cutting one into the goal from behind the goalkeeper. This was eventually answered by a goal from Swetania’s Emmerich Werner at 53 minutes, their only successful try at doing so. Xi’a would score at 60 minutes in, and the aforementioned Bergman would seal the deal at 88 minutes.

Despite the celebrations and good feelings coming off such a victory, the sobering reality is that this Coupe is far from over, and the competition only gets more and more worthy with every game played. On Sunday, Eldmark faces Caldia in Independence Stadium for the quarterfinals. Caldia, a team that has surprised many experts, has been dominant in the Coupe so far, unbeaten, beating teams by growing margins. Caldia, a country most known for its women’s football team, has recently found a new passion in men’s football by their team’s performance this year in the Coupe. Ó Loingsigh and Benayoun, among others in the Caldian lineup, regularly perform, hammering home victory after victory, leading to their current 4-0-0 performance in the Coupe. Thrashing Estmere 5-1, they come off a similar victory energized and ready to fight. This game is expected to be every bit as challenging and worthy as advertised, and certainly shake up the games to come. We will follow it closely, as we are sure Eldmark and the world is too.

©AFTONSTJÄRNA 2019

MORE HEADLINES
  • THE ROUNDABOUT: Eldmark's well-spread offense overwhelms Swetania. [ 15,602 ]
  • PARTY: Couldn't afford a ticket to the Coupe but still want that fan experience? We've made a list of the top 50 pubs, clubs, and other places where you can watch the Lions live.[ 16,245 ]
  • OPINION: Eldmark has always been a kingmaker in the Coupe, but never the king. What's the chances of that changing this year? [ 21,052 ]
  • ESTMERE: Howe resigns after upsetting Coupe showing. [ 14,313 ]
  • KNOCKOUT SCHMOCKOUT: Was the mainstream media too critical of Eldmark's prior performance? [ 21,344 ]
Bundes'ka o Cumberlanda
"What are we gonna do on the bed, Max Barry?"
The Sentinel:Honestly I am looking for a better signature format because this one is hot garbage
Please look at these if you wish to comment on my nation. NS Stats are not the best.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:26 am

IFF RULES FOR SARTRE TO BE SUSPENDED FOR A GAME
The ruling body of football have suspended Max Sartre for a game, threatening a second if he does not apologise for his 'inciting gestures.'
Antoinette Giroud
October 17th, 2019|Alikianos, Piraea

Max Sartre is recognised as one of the greatest strikers in Gaullica and in the world.
Photo Courtesy of the Xiadongese Military.

Verlois, Gaullica

Gaullica's star striker and knight in shining armour for 'Les Croisés', Max Sartre, has been suspended from the upcoming Coupe match against Narozalica, the team has announced. The suspension comes after a 3-1 victory against Senria, where Sartre celebrated each goal of his hat-trick with a salute famously used by the Xiaodongese military. Xiaodong itself was eliminated during the group stages of the Coupe, in part due to Senria.
Mr. Sartre's parents both hailed from Jindao. His father, the son of a Gaullican port authority, and his mother a local Xiaodongese civilian. He described himself as 'a Gaullican from Jindao' in an earlier controversial statement, whereby he also confirmed he could speak Xiaodongese.

The salute in question is famed for its use by the Xiaodongese military. It features an enclosed fist against an open palm. Xiaodong was a member of the Entente during the Great War, and fought Senria in the Southern Coian theatre. Xiaodong also committed genocide against Senrians in occupied territory, due to government plans of ethnic colonisation.

Roland Varne, manager of 'Les Croisés' announced his 'embarrassment' at the way the goals were celebrated. He quickly reprimanded the striker after the match, it was reported, yet he faced some level of criticism for not substituting him earlier in the game. "I was caught up in the thrill of the game" the manager admitted.

A spokesperson for the IFF addressed the issue, stating that: "offensive gestures and celebrations have no place in football." She highlighted that the conduct was "distressing and insensitive to the Senrian fans, who had come to watch the game against a skilled team." She would add that "the IFF has reached the decision for a one-game suspension. We highlight the critical time this has been placed. And furthermore, if Mr. Sartre does not apologise for his remarks we are entertaining a second-game suspension, or perhaps even a suspension from all remaining games in the Coupe if Gaullica get that far."

We were able to interview several Senrian fans during their leaving of the stadium, and one man summed up a feeling that many held: "We expected conduct like this from Xiaodong. Not from Gaullica."

Gaullican fans, conversely, have come from all approaches to the issue. Many, we found particularly those watching at home, were more in favour of the IFF ruling. Several online polls conducted by us revealed that the average home-watcher felt 'it was a disappointing thing to see done in a professional game, by a professional player.' However, fans who travelled to Gibany and Piraea were more defensive. They copied the statements Mr. Sartre had given, that he had a 'right to celebrate' how he liked.

Roland Varne has urged his striker to "apologise", highlighting that following a victory over Narozalica he, the team and Gaullica would need "every able player." Captain Giroud issued similar statements, describing the conduct as "not football" and reiterating the need for a "team united in what makes the game great. That means no racism, sexism or insensitivity to the fans." He would add that footballers were "role models across the world."

As of now, Mr. Sartre has refused to comment on his suspension or whether or not he will indeed apologise for his remarks. His only tweet since the ruling was announced was wishing his teammates a "good game" for their upcoming match against Narozalica. At the moment it is unknown what the verdict of the game will be, and if Mr. Sartre will be blamed for a hypothetical loss against their opponents.

This is not the only instance during the Coupe so far that the IFF has had to have gotten involved in. Earlier during the Coupe, Amathian fans rioted after a loss against Caldia - prompting the IFF to launch an inquiry into their conduct and reprimand the team.

Image Comments [ 15,678 ] | Image E-mail
©LEMONDE 2019

Image 15,678 comments

MORE HEADLINES
  • -error loading title word count for point reached- [ 36,238 ]
  • Are our children being indoctrinated by Xiaodong sleeper agents?[ 15,509 ]
  • Crises in Tsabara worsens and negotiations break down. [ 25,136 ]
  • "Anybody but Etruria" trends appear in forums about Coupe de monde. [ 11,951 ]
  • Gaullicans disappointed in the fact Etruria qualified, report shows. [ 43,684 ]
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Jindau
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Jindau » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:46 am

Arkady Balandin celebrates after scoring for Dokha Tozan.

Arkady Balandin: Narozalica's own
The incredible story behind the 21 year old's career
Bobr Andreyevich reporting from Drosnja, Gibany
October 18, 2019

21-year-old Dokha Tozan left-winger Arkady Balandin will make his professional debut for The Sergeants on Saturday night's quarter-final matchup against Gaullica. Many are unaware of Balandin's telling story, and how him being here is a testiment to his willpower, determination, grit, and most importantly, dedication.

Arkady Balandin was born on June 16, 1998, at the Samistopol Regional Hospital, in Samistopol, Narozalica. Born to a family of Kaiye-Tourien immigrants, his heritage made him a unique prospect in the Narozalic footballing world when Balandin was selected for official trials by Dokha Tozan's youth program, when he was aged only eight. Balandin was often subject to listening to arguments between his two parents, and Balandin's mother was a victim of domestic abuse in the household.

While Balandin was nine, his father was discovered by his mother with another woman in the father's own apartment, which he had owned for three years. Balandin's mother's existence was unbeknownst to the woman, who, in a jealous fit of rage, threw a bucket full of bleach on the mother's face. Balandin was at his home at the time, but his mother described her initial thoughts as being "why would she throw warm water on me?", then described the ensuing consequences as being akin to a "white curtain dropping over my face". His father drove her to a petrol station in Samistopol, where she was attended to by the station's staff, the father reportedly left the scene shortly after.

Balandin's mother, named Helena, was operated on in the hospital as the doctors frantically tried to replace the skin on her face with skin falling off the rest of her body. She was in the hospital for three weeks, and was blinded in both eyes, but she was released from the hospital to pick up Balandin, who had been under the care of Helena's parents while she was in hospital.

Balandin recalled: "I didn't know what I was thinking, I couldn't comprehend that somebody could look like that. I was distraught, this was my mother." He continued his trials for Tozan through his mother's recovery phase, and coaches present there praised him for his remarkable pace and agility on the wing. When asked on how he gained these admirable traits, he said: "I used to lace up my shoes at night and run for miles, just to get away from it all. I would run lap after lap around my apartment complex, I must have done a thousand laps, maybe more."

He broke into the Dokha Tozan first team aged sixteen, and started his first match for Dokha Tozan U17 in a friendly match against Dinamo Drosnja's U17, which ended in a 0-0 draw. Scouts from both sides noted Balandin's strengths, again, his pace, agility, but also his remarkable crossing ability. Comparisons to wingbacks were heaped on the teenager, and soon enough he entered Dokha Tozan's first team in the league. He assisted Modya Naumov's goal in a 1-0 win against 1. FC Khol, an Ulan Khol-based club. He saw success at the U19 Coupe du Monde, where he was the centre of attention in the young Narozalic team's remarkable run, which included Narozalic starters centre-back Kir Kravchuk and left-winger Anton Balabanov.

Balandin's mother would attend every game her son played, often with her two daughters. Even though she could not see the game, she knew what was going on. "Did he get the ball?", she would always ask, "How? The commentators aren't doing a good job." was another one of her common remarks. Balandin scored his first goal for Dokha Tozan in 2017, aged just 19, a finesse shot from the left-hand side into the right-hand corner of the goal. He coined his signature shushing celebration during that game, and afterwards said it was a sentiment to his mother, and a message to givers of domestic abuse. He began the Arkady Fund in 2018 to help victims of domestic abuse recover and re-enter into their daily lives.

The winger will replace 22-year-old Anton Balabanov, on choice from the manager, believing the team could use an injection of skill and pace, both of which are abundant in Balandin's style of play. They will play Gaullica at the Stadion Invictus Monumental in Drosnja, Gibany, at 17:00, the game will be live right here on Narnet Sports.

© Narnet Sports, 2019

MORE HEADLINES
  • Eldmark 4-1 Swetania: As it happened [ 11,266 ]
  • IFF rules on Sartre suspension [ 81,512 ]
  • Gaullica: An analysis [ 27,361 ]
  • Arkady Balandin: Narozalica's own [ 21,290 ]
  • Estmere 1-5 Caldia: As it happened [ 13,882 ]

Gibany
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibany » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:45 am

Sadik Radončić -18 October 2019

Home · Gibany · Euclea · International · Politics · Business · Technology and Science · Arts · Education · Health · Sports · Weather

TURKALJ SCORES AND GIBANY QUALIFIES TO THE QUARTER-FINAL

Gibany qualified and will face Etruria in the quarter-finals
Hersonissos, Piraea - Gibany won the match against Ordennya by 1-nil and qualified to the quarter finals of the Coupe. After a tight game in Hersonissos, Gibany scored in the 109’ minute with Marijan Turkalj’s header following a corner kick. It was the smallest score so far in the competition for Gibany, but enough to grant them and over-life in the knock-out.

After 13 scored goals in three matches, a one goal game by Gibany scares. Indeed, it was not the best performance by the Red and Blacks. For the most time in the game, Gibany saw its offensive efforts prevented by a well-built defense on the other side. Ordennya’s reactionary style of play obliged Gibany to keep possession and make plays, but with no space left. Such strategy counted on eventual mistakes of the attacking side to allow counterattacks. In the first half, Ordennya did counter Gibany a couple times, but did not take any threats to the Red and Black net. Other than that, Gibany kept possession, but without objectivity.

The second half started with changes envisioning long-distance shots—a good weapon against stacked up teams. The only result was that Gibany started to earn more corners and make the Ordennyan goalkeeper work. Full time ended in a boring 0-0.

The real action came in the second half of the extra time when, from another corner kick, Marijan Turkalj jumped higher than everybody else and headed the ball into the net to put Gibany lead.

The bad news for Gibany, however, is that both Mauzer and Arnautović are out of the next game due to yellow cards, and Škrlec left the field in the beginning of the second half with a suspect of muscular injury.

After the win, head coach Ferhatović stated: "We already expected a tough game, you know? We studied Ordennya and we knew what to expect, but the ball did not go in during the normal time. It happens, you know? But my team played good, and didn't give up so I congratulate them for the qualification, but we still have a lot of work to do if we expect more from this competition."

The probable starting XI for this Friday game against Etruria is: Kenan Hadžić; Zahir Milošević, Vedad Bajrić, Kazim Lazić, Senad Sarić; Marijan Turkalj, Andrija Galić; Ibrahim Janković, Besir Gajić ©, Filip Hrsak; Hrvoje Ivošević.

Gibany is one game away from breaking their own record. The best campaign ever by the Red and Blacks was in the Coupe du Monde 1999, when they lost in the quarter-finals to Gaullica.

WHEN FOOTBALL MEETS HISTORY

Now, Gibany’s next deed is Etruria in one of the most heat up derbies in Kylaris. All the events surrounding this clash goes beyond the turf; Gibany’s war of independence, difficulties of inclusion in the continental spectrum due to Etrurian influences are just some examples.

The game in Alikianos will surely bring Gibish and Piraeans together against their “common enemy.” Historically, in football, Etruria has advantage whenever both teams play each other. The taboo to be broken is that Gibany has never won against Etruria in a Coupe du Monde.

The only concern regarding the match is the well known anti-Etrurian feeling among Gibish people. It was the cause of many conflicts between Gibish citizens and Etrurians citizens. The prejudice held against Etrurians may be concerning to Piraeans authorities, who had already had to deal with Amathians’ supporters’ savagery.

Many possibilities have been raised in order to avoid clashes, but us from Sports Glas Naroda advise the Gibish supporters in Piraea to:

• Avoid bars & locations frequented by Etrurians;

• Arrive early at the stadium and avoid alcohol selling areas (specially during the match);

• Do not provoke nor disrespect any Etrurian citizen and/or supporter;

• At the end, wait for the big crowd to leave before leaving the stadium;

• Above all, football is a game, not politics! Go to enjoy the show and cheer for the Red and Blacks!

© Glas Naroda Media Group 2019

Image 21,489 comments
MORE HEADLINES
  • Advance, Eldmark! [ 13,531 ]
  • Cassier to face Sanslumiere in the first knockout round Friday. [ 10,726 ]
  • Going undefeated, Caldia's men look to continue the trend in the knockouts [ 9959 ]
  • Narozalica cruise through group stages. [ 6782 ]
Last edited by Gibany on Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Marshes
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Marshes » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:40 am

Last edited by Black Marshes on Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Piraea
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Piraea » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:52 pm

Markos Chondrolis - 18 October 2019

Home ·Piraea · Euclea · International · Politics · Business · Technology and Science · Arts · Education · Health · Sports · Weather

AMATHIA BANNED FROM INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL CONTESTS OVER FAN VIOLENCE, IFF WARNS ANY VIOLENCE IS 'UNACCEPTABLE'

The IFF says it is taking fan violence "very seriously".
Alikianos, Piraea - The International Football Federation (IFF) has announced that the Amathian National Football Team will be barred from participating in all international football competitions "indefinitely". The ruling follows a comprehensive review conducted by the IFF and authorities in Piraea following the outbreak of fan violence after Amathia's defeat by Caldia on 28 September.

A spokesperson for the IFF said violence would "never be tolerated in football" and promised the organization was committed to ensuring "matches could go by without incident".

Caldia beat Amathia 3-0 at Alikianos' Independence Stadium. After the loss, violence broke out and a large group of Amathian fans invaded the pitch. Fans tried to overrun security in order to attack the Caldish team, and were intercepted by Amathia's own footballers, some of which were injured. In the stands, Amathian ultras attempted to attack Caldish fans before a crackdown by security. Outside of the stadium, the main groups of Amathian ultras began a riot, causing significant damages to buildings and automobiles nearby. They also began to attack other fans and Piraean law enforcement. Riot police, which had been on call, ended up suppressing them with tear gas and rubber bullets. Hundreds were arrested, charged, and deported from Piraea.

The incident caused an international incident, with both the Caldish and Piraean governments petition the IFF to launch an investigation into the incident. The Amathian government has apologized for the incident and has promised action within its national football association.

Amathia is also being sanctioned by the IFF for racist abuse Caldish centre-forward Yahli Benayoun faced throughout the match. The Amathian football association will have to pay €50,000 in fines. The team is banned from international football until further notice. "Once [the Amathian association] gets its house in order, a conversation between the IFF and Amathia can begin regarding their return to international matches" the IFF spokesperson said.

Looking to prevent further violence, the IFF said it is taking any threats "very seriously" and has warned teams that they face disqualification and bans should their fans act violently following the result of a match.

"Such behavior is entirely unacceptable, it will not be permitted".

Piraean and Gibish authorities have promised to keep peace and protect players, staff, fans, and residents. Police in Alikianos will be on high alert tonight as Etruria faces off with Gibany at Independence Stadium. There are concerns regarding violence from Etrurian ultras, who are well organized and had to travel only a short distance to attend to match. A spokesperson for the Piraean Ministry for Internal Affairs sought to reassure the public, warning that police were on "high alert".

© The Marinakis Media Group 2019

Image 21,489 comments

Etruria2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Etruria2 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:00 pm

Home|Etruria|Euclea|International|Politics|Business|Technology and Science|Arts|Education|Health|Sport|Opinion

CdM 2019: Three Etrurians charged with assault after fight Gaullican fans
The incident comes as the FEGC threatens lifetime bans for racially-tinged chanting by Etrurian fans.
Anja Stavaric
17 October 2019 13.30pm | San Alessandro, Vespasia, Etruria

Three Etrurian fans have been charged in Piraea after getting into a brawl with four Gaullican fans six days ago. According to local sources, the two groups came to blows after mutual taunting and aggressive words criticism their respective teams. It follows a warning by the FEGC, Etruria’s football federation, that it will “permanently ban fans for racial or overtly discriminatory chants.”
FEGC president Michele D'Campo warning of bans today.

The three Etrurians and four Gaullicans were visiting a popular sports bar in Alikianos, Piraea. According to eyewitnesses the group of people were with larger groups and present to watch the Caldia-Estmere game held on the 12th October. The two groups began to exchange taunts in both Etrurian and Gaullican, they also exchanged taunts, insults and criticisms of their teams in Gaullican and Estmerish.

These taunts eventually led to a confrontation between the three Etrurians and four Gaullicans. After exchanges of words in Gaullican, the seven males proceeded to exchange punches and kicks. The Gaullicans then attempted to leave the sports bar but were pursued by the Etrurians, who attacked them again.

Police were quickly alerted and broke up the fight before arresting the three Etrurian men. None of the Gaullicans received any injuries.

Etruria and Gaullica are known to have one of international football’s lengthy and deep-rooted rivalries, though incidents of violence are exceptionally rare.

The three Etrurians are not suspected of being members of an Ultra group.

The Etrurian Embassy in Piraea released a statement confirming the charging of three nationals, “following a violent altercation in a bar in Alikianos, three Etrurian nationals have been charged with assault and public indecency. The embassy is in contact with their families, and on behalf of the Etrurian government, we utterly condemn this kind of behaviour and warn other fans not to engage in similar acts.”

The incident follows an official warning by the FEGC, Etruria’s football federation, that it would ban fans who engaged in racial or discriminatory chanting. The warning came in wake of hundreds of complaints about chants used during the Etruria-Chervolesia game.

Throughout the match, Etrurian fans used chants such as “Go home, your army is about to shoot your families”, and “Go home before it burns down” – all were chanted in Chervolesian and in direct reference to the political instability there.

Etrurian fans were also known to boo and jeer each time Chervolesia received the ball and their players harassed when taking corners close to Etrurian stands. However, most chants used were in Etrurian.

The FEGC issued its warning after widespread concerns were raised in wake of increased Ultra activity on social media. The Ultra fans have been circulating chants in both Etrurian and Gibish on social media, which include references to Gibany’s War of Independence against Etruria and Gibish immigrants living in Etruria.

The FEGC issued its warning at a press conference in Vicalvi where it said, “we cannot and will not tolerate racially or discriminatory inspired or designed chanting or behaviour by Etrurian fans. In wake of fan violence, instigated by Amathians, it is only correct that Etruria hold to its standards.” It further said, “if Etrurian fans are found to be engaging in racially motivated chanting or behaviour, they will face lifetime bans from Etrurian games internationally and regionally. The FEGC will not allow a minority to tarnish Etruria’s image.”

However, the FEGC has been widely criticised in the past for failing to confront widespread racism or racially-tinged chanting or behaviour. The FEGC last year was found to be “institutionally weak and unwilling to take a hardline” according to a report conducted by Decent Etruria, an anti-racism NGO.

Etruria plays Gibany on 18 October at Alikianos’ Independence Stadium.

MORE IN SPORT
  • Coupe2019: Etrurian fans expected to use condemned chant aginst Chervolesia [ 27209 ]
  • Coupe2019: Who made it through the group stage? [ 4997 ]
  • Coupe2019: Gibany and Piraea prove the host-blessing is real [ 945 ]
  • Coupe2019: 3 Etrurians arrested for "public indecency" in Gibany [ 651 ]
  • Coupe2019: 66% of Etrurians want to lose Gaullica lose [ 116 ]
© Lighthouse Media 2017
Last edited by Etruria2 on Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jindau
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Jindau » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:00 pm

ETRURIA 3 - 0 GIBANY

Independence Stadium, Ailikianos, Piraea
17:00 kick-off

The Independence Stadium in Ailikianos, Piraea, will house tonight's quarter-final.

FIRST HALF
0': We're underway in Ailikianos for the first quarter-final of this year's Coupe!
4': An early chance for Etruria as Silvestri darts across Milosevic and puts a low cross into the box. The cross is met by Altieri but is safely gathered in the hands of Hadzic.
6': Another chance for the Etrurians as Altieri's header grazes the post and goes out for a goal kick. It's all Etruria at the Independence Stadium!
9': A quick counter-attack for Gibany off of a Sciarri error is quickly stopped by a masterful tackle from Pagano. Gibany appeal for a free kick but the referee waves play on.
11': GOAL! Etruria pounce on a slow Gibish retreat from Pagano's tackle to play a quick one-two pass between Silvestri and Altieri, with the latter slotting it home into a practically open net! 1-0 Etruria!
14': Etrurian chants ring around the stadium as the Etrurian team are really beginning to settle in themselves - and unsettling Gibany - the Gibish coach is issuing tactical changes from the sidelines to his players.
17': A fine save from Hadzic as he uses his outstretched arm to tip the finessed strike of Silvestri just over the bar for an Etrurian corner.
19': The corner is sent in by Silvestri, but it's a poor cross that is easily cleared by the Gibish defense.
23': Hrsak blasts his shot over the bar in Gibany's only real chance on goal so far. Etruria still dominating in every aspect.
25': Arnautovic brings down Donnatella as he was dribbling towards the box. A brash challenge that results in a yellow card for the Gibish defender. Etruria have a free-kick in a dangerous area, just outside the Gibish box.
31': A short delay in the match as someone has just ran on to the pitch waving a flag which appears to say "Free Tarpeia" on it.
32': GOAL! Silvestri curls a wonderful strike into the top-left-hand corner, far beyond the reach of Hadzic's dive! Etruria are cruising! 2-0!
35': Gibany begin to calm and play some free-flowing football in the midfield, with slow buildups into the attack. Gibany are clearly trying to shake off their two goal deficit and settle into the game.
38': Skrlec beats his man for a run into the box but Paladino is out quickly to claim the loose ball. Confident play beginning to emerge from Gibany, Etruria are beginning to slump as half time approaches.
43': Silvestri gets up sheepishly from a Mauzer challenge, and begins trying to jog it off.
45': The fourth official has signalled five minutes of additional time.
45+5': HALF TIME: Etruria 2, Gibany 0.

SECOND HALF
45': Back underway in Ailikianos. Silvestri has come out following his knock at the end of the first half. Our sources say it is not serious, but they are pulling him out in case it becomes worse. His replacement is 29-year-old Fabio Casarin.
50': Etruria looking to start quickly as Casarin is involved from the get-go, whipping in a cross from the left hand side that barely misses the leap of Altieri.
54': A corner to Etruria barely misses the goal as the curling cross of Casarin clatters off the crossbar and into the crowd.
61': Jankovic makes way for Lisica after a mediocre at best performance for Gibany.
67': Jankovic makes an immediate impact as he hits a sweet strike from just outside the box, but it hits the corner of the woodwork and, after a scramble in the box, is cleared by the Etrurian defense.
72': GOAL! Altieri nets his second as a fake shot sends the sliding Arnautovic back to Gibany, before calmly finishing past Hadzic! 3-0!
78': GOAL! Altieri hits his hat-trick with a nice one-two with Casarin to cheekily lob the keeper. 4-0.
79': The goal is eventually disallowed by VAR as Altieri was offside in the initial buildup play. 3-0.
81': Galic is shown a yellow card for dissent after he responded poorly to play being brought back for an Etrurian free kick.
85': Ivosevic comes on for Arnautovic as Gibany try to go ultra attacking for a consolation goal.
88': An ear-to-ear smile across the face of Augustino Stefano. From a shaky start to the semi-finals for the Etrurians!
90': One minute of added time here in Ailikianos as the Etrurians are just passing it around the back.
90+1': A giant roar erupts at the Independence Stadium as the referee blows his whistle. FULL TIME: Etruria 3, Gibany 0.
Last edited by Jindau on Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 35 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports