NATION

PASSWORD

New York abandons plans for mens shelter

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

New York abandons plans for mens shelter

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:53 am

https://www.qchron.com/editions/north/w ... 73666.html

EU Alternate (Less comprehensive.)
https://patch.com/new-york/flushing-mur ... ouse-women

The city has agreed to place only women — not single men, as first planned — at the 200-bed homeless shelter planned for 127-03 20 Ave. in College Point. The facility is expected to open this week. Area leaders who fought to get the plan stopped declared a partial victory. Concerns had been expressed about placing single men — some of whom may have been formerly incarcerated — near five neighborhood schools with young children. Residents also called the 20th Avenue location bad because of its lack of subway access and distance from social services centers.

Anti-male hysteria about them being sexual predators and so on causing us to lash out at the vulnerable in society. Hmm.

“The community remained diligent, vigilant and united and has now successfully secured the conversion to a shelter for women, rather than single men," state Sen. John Liu (D-Bayside) said in a prepared statement. "Although the plan is by no means perfect, we are satisfied that a far better outcome has been achieved.”

Oh look, a Senator. It's a fringe minority tho, not representative.
Even when it's, you know.

A representative.

Helping women is a much better outcome than helping men. Forget all the excuses and justifications for making the decision, they just avoided accidentally spending some resources on helping men with destroyed lives and remembered that men don't deserve help and will just go to the local schools and attack all the kids anyway.

Hundreds rallied against the plan earlier this year in College Point. Other shelter proposals in different communities across Queens, such as Glendale recently, have generated major backlash.

Whenever you try and get shit done for men this kind of shit happens. But notice that major institutions and influential activists don't turn on these protestors and start trying to marginalize them or vilify them while discussing how society has an anti-male problem that needs to be addressed or discussing the root causes of this hostility and dehumanization, instead, those institutions cave in and are like "No you're right we shouldn't help men.".

"This is not what we demanded, certainly it’s not what we hoped for," College Point Residents' Coalition member Michael Deng said in his own statement. "However, we do feel that a women’s shelter will be better and is a less intimidating fit for the community, particularly the elderly, women and school kids, as their safety is what we are most worried and concerned about."

Meanwhile, men can fuck off and die.

Some facts;

3/4 of the homeless are men. When you only count people "Sleeping rough" (I.E, those with nowhere to stay and no roof), this jumps to 90%.

80% of rough sleepers who die every year are men.

Just another day in a gynocentrist society I guess.

Vilification of men and otherizing them has consequences for the most vulnerable in society, it won't get fixed until people realize that and fight against it, and that includes rejecting feminist ideology and its adherents as valid participants in a civilized society because of the damage their participation in it causes. It will also probably involve direct action so that misandry can no longer continue without causing more harm to those practicing it than benefit, as our institutions are awash with ideologues who sympathize with these anti-male priorities and viewpoints.

As for damage;
In this example, the vilification of men as a danger to children is rooted in feminist campaigning across several decades. NOW, the largest feminist organization in the world, using it as a reason to oppose joint custody of children, as well as persistent feminist framing of men as violent and a danger to women in a way women aren't to men, note "The elderly, women, and school kids", and so on. Finally there is feminist culpability in their suppression of the mens rights movement while claiming they are an equality movement, then failing to take up the fight in instances like this.

Akin to me freaking out and gaslighting/shouting at you when you try and cook for yourself and demanding no shops sell you any food because it's my job and if they do then me and my influential friends will harbor an outright vendetta against them in the media and academia, all while gaslighting you and saying that its my intention to cook for both for us despite all evidence to the contrary, then just, you know.
Letting you starve.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:09 am, edited 6 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Arkhane
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 29, 2012
Libertarian Police State

Postby Arkhane » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:04 am

Please, women and mothers are the frequent abusers, and the scary fact is, they get away with it most of the time.
A woman beating a little boy is ignored unlike a father beating a little girl, and a woman beating her husband is comedic and laughed about.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:05 am

Fuck off with this bullshit, absolute disgrace.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:07 am

Well that’s a fucking Disgrace
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:08 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Fuck off with this bullshit, absolute disgrace.

When is the last time you punished a feminist for being a feminist? Even in a small way like deciding not to buy from them or whatever?

If you allow someone to keep poisoning the water supply without taking action against them, you cannot rightly complain when people start dying from it.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:09 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Fuck off with this bullshit, absolute disgrace.

When is the last time you punished a feminist for being a feminist? Even in a small way like deciding not to buy from them or whatever?

If you allow someone to keep poisoning the water supply without taking action against them, you cannot rightly complain when people start dying from it.

Do not even fucking think for one fucking second of having a go at me Ostro. I am really not in the fucking mood for it.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:11 am

Arkhane wrote:Please, women and mothers are the frequent abusers, and the scary fact is, they get away with it most of the time.
A woman beating a little boy is ignored unlike a father beating a little girl, and a woman beating her husband is comedic and laughed about.

This. ^

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Updates! | Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | NS stats unused
Jul 21, 2020
✉ ABC News: Forests doing well, but climate change putting pressure on it | #musicparade: listeners choose their favourites | Refugee sews 1000 masks for his new hometown | NCP calls for aid package for companies | New evidence of large temples in Onsteyl | Weather: Footscray ☁ 14°C | Altas ☁ 16° | Esterpine ☁ 15° |  Naltgybal ☂⛆ 13° | Ceirtryn ☀ 17° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel  ☁ 13°

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1! | 10/10 by DGES | Much hope: yes.
Low-effort responses since 15/5/20: 67½ | Good responses since 20/7/20: 5

mit zuckerguß

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:12 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

Do not even fucking think for one fucking second of having a go at me Ostro. I am really not in the fucking mood for it.

It's meant to prompt thought tbh. Sorry if you're having a bad day.
Ostro.MOV

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:13 am

That is complete nonsense. If the protest were to make the shelter for both genders I would be more sympathetic. But this is just bullshit.
Last edited by Andsed on Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:15 am

Thermodolia wrote:Well that’s a fucking Disgrace

I get what you mean, but "Disgrace" is kind of the wrong word.

In functional terms it isn't though because that's a matter of reputation and perception and so long as powerful institutions continue to push feminist ideology on the populace, there is no situation where women or feminists can be "disgraced", the fault is always with men and they are always the bad guys. That's the story they are demanding society internalize.

They also rationalize to themselves how it's okay, so it's not like their conscience plagues them. And it's a matter of resources where they now have them and men don't.

So there's no actual consequences for this behavior, which is why it happens.

It might be wrong, but they don't care about that because they disagree that it's wrong, because they don't care about men. It's not a disgrace because they control reputations through the media and so on.

What it is, is inhumane and so on, and an example of how a society that tolerates feminists and misandry will be inhumane, with that inhumanity and the lack of consequences for it, including disgrace as a consequence, being a call to action.

Idk, could be me being nitpicky, but disgrace kind of implies to me they're facing a consequence of people viewing them as disgraced.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:18 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Do not even fucking think for one fucking second of having a go at me Ostro. I am really not in the fucking mood for it.

Ive had a bit of a rough year and its finally getting to me, sorry for snapping.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:19 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

Ive had a bit of a rough year and its finally getting to me, sorry for snapping.

It's cool dude, I get it, I have a reputation.
Ostro.MOV

Servilis
Diplomat

Founded: May 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Servilis » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:19 am

the shelter decision does sound problematic though

(because non binaries exist, and so do binary trans ppl)

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:38 am

Servilis wrote:the shelter decision does sound problematic though

(because non binaries exist, and so do binary trans ppl)

And many are often homeless at a young age due to parents kicking them out in their teens. New York and San Francisco are where many such individuals make their way.
Last edited by Greed and Death on Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:39 am

This is a bunch of BS.
If we don't help homeless men because "all men are evil" than men who become homeless are left to die.
This is what's wrong with the world, if it's wrong to say all people of color are dumb and thives than it should be wrong to say all men are rapests.

Good Lord what has this country come to?
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Ors Might
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:13 am

What the hell is this absolute fucking garbage? They were so close to doing something good for men and then at the last minute they snatch it away, as if to just rub it in.
https://youtu.be/gvjOG5gboFU Best diss track of all time

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:23 am

Imagine if we had a day without men. Like all men go on strike from their jobs, men stop doing basic household chores, men stop doing out in public except to protest and nothing goes back to normal till the shelter is built. I wonder if third wave mysandrists would still want this shit or if they would beg us to stop.

Remember that book "what do we need men for?" Well I was gonna answer that men are needed for reproduction at the very least, but then I remember that these pseudo feminists think having children is a patriarchal system of control and their genetics will not survive. They're doing us a favor in that regard
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:25 am

Christian Confederation wrote:This is a bunch of BS.
If we don't help homeless men because "all men are evil" than men who become homeless are left to die.
This is what's wrong with the world, if it's wrong to say all people of color are dumb and thives than it should be wrong to say all men are rapests.

we live in a society where saying all Muslims are terrorists will earn you a "not all muslims" rebuke, but saying all men are rapists or all white people are racists is perfectly A-ok. It's funny cause I don't remember anyone ever telling me to not rape. I just never do. Weird, how do these third wave feminists explain that?
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

West Leas Oros 2
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:28 am

Rojava Free State wrote:Imagine if we had a day without men. Like all men go on strike from their jobs, men stop doing basic household chores, men stop doing out in public except to protest and nothing goes back to normal till the shelter is built. I wonder if third wave mysandrists would still want this shit or if they would beg us to stop.

Remember that book "what do we need men for?" Well I was gonna answer that men are needed for reproduction at the very least, but then I remember that these pseudo feminists think having children is a patriarchal system of control and their genetics will not survive. They're doing us a favor in that regard

I always assumed most of them simply would support ways of childbirth that don't require a man's sperm? Or, at least not the man it comes from...
WLO Public News: Outdated Factbooks and other documents in process of major redesign! ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE: <error:not found>
How many South Americans need to be killed by the CIA before you realize socialism is bad?
I like to think I've come a long way since the days of the First WLO.
Conscientious Objector in the “Culture War”

NationStates Leftist Alternative only needs a couple more nations before it can hold its constitutional convention!

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:30 am

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:Imagine if we had a day without men. Like all men go on strike from their jobs, men stop doing basic household chores, men stop doing out in public except to protest and nothing goes back to normal till the shelter is built. I wonder if third wave mysandrists would still want this shit or if they would beg us to stop.

I always assumed most of them simply would support ways of childbirth that don't require a man's sperm? Or, at least not the man it comes from...

Good luck keeping the population above a few million with invitro. These third wavers are gonna die alone with some cats, cause in the end they're just the female version of the MGTOWs. A bunch of average to subpar looking females with an axe to grind and two embarrassed parents. Winners don't become third wavers. The worst of the worst do. It's an extremist ideology like any other and seeks to build an unnatural hierarchy, pitting one gender against another

West Leas Oros 2
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:30 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:This is a bunch of BS.

we live in a society where saying all Muslims are terrorists will earn you a "not all muslims" rebuke, but saying all men are rapists or all white people are racists is perfectly A-ok. It's funny cause I don't remember anyone ever telling me to not rape. I just never do. Weird, how do these third wave feminists explain that?

I've actually not seen anyone rebuke "all muslims are terrorists" like that. As far as I'm concerned, it's the media trying to capitalize off of our identitarian biases. Easier to control the masses when you turn the attention towards "teh evil white men".
WLO Public News: Outdated Factbooks and other documents in process of major redesign! ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE: <error:not found>
How many South Americans need to be killed by the CIA before you realize socialism is bad?

NationStates Leftist Alternative only needs a couple more nations before it can hold its constitutional convention!

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:33 am

It's disgusting to see these officials are so pleased with themselves for being sexist, classist, and ignorant. Homeless men are treated worse than almost anyone else in society.
Last edited by Page on Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:34 am

What else is new? Downtrodden men always get last dibs.

MineLegotia and Equestria
Envoy

Founded: Jul 22, 2017

Postby MineLegotia and Equestria » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:36 am

Ah. That's quite a problem.

Shouldn't they at least build an exact same shelter across the street for men then? And just have two cops in between? That's an easier solution.

My God, what's the world coming to? Everything is on fire!! Litteraly and metaphorically!
Recent News: Imperial Regent strengthens Anti-Corruption Offices after Scandal | Minister of FA found after Ministry Blackout; Cults Blamed | 'Caplanbourgh surrender not in sight' says Minister of Defense | Parliament to pass 3843/383/23/04/2389

A nation of various species, who are mostly bureaucrats, traversing the multiverse in the name of harmony and colonialism. Not the worst nor best type of civilisation you'd want to meet.

West Leas Oros 2
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:36 am

Page wrote:It's disgusting to see these legislators are so pleased with themselves for being sexist, classist, and ignorant. Homeless men are treated worse than almost anyone else in society.

Ironic how so many rich dickheads harp on about "privilege" when they have the most privilege of anyone in society. How anyone can consider a homeless man "privilege" because of his skin color or his gender, despite being literally fucking homeless, is entirely beyond me.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General