NATION

PASSWORD

Trekkish - Zhi Border Conflicts (Etharia Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Dominatus Leviathan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Trekkish - Zhi Border Conflicts (Etharia Only)

Postby Dominatus Leviathan » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:02 pm

In the world of Etharia, in the great year of 1761, two players on the global stage dominate Hezrana, the ancient and powerful Zhi Dynasty, led by the mysterious Yongsheng Clan of the Weishun people, who have stood watch over the countless millions of Mandu commoners, protecting themselves and their subjugated vassals from all outside and internal threats. And ascendent, is the power of Treko. Though just out of war, the realm has been establishing a colonial force on the Great Mountains that marked the edge of the Zhi’s holy territory. The ever expanding Kanadorikan Empire was enjoying profits from its colonial companies across the seas. Ambitious local lords of lesser developed nations would appeal to the Master of the Seas for protection and political advancement. On a more minor level, the small Hezrana nation of Khaw Si Khaw sits cautiously between the Zhi Dynasty’s mighty, endless hordes of Mandu, and the Trekkish imperialists. It plays the two powers off each other to maintain their independence, though the small, relatively young nation will not be able to continue this forever. Though limited trade had been occurring between local Trekkish districts and minor Zhi communities, it was not sanctioned by either government officially. The Shidagong Emperor, new Emperor of Zhi, was enjoying a period of prosperity that had remained uninterrupted since his father. Weishun culture was being revived by government order, countering the integration of the Weishun people into the vast Mandu population. The Trekkish authorities organised a probing attack on the Zhi frontier, using their elite Trekkish troops, hardened in the Trekkish heartlands and trained for winter warfare to push the ancient power into submission. The Shidagong Emperor, quick to prove his effective governance of the Empire, is sure to not tolerate such incursions on Heaven’s domain.

The Forbidden City’s Inner Court, Shaotai.
Hishan, the Emperor’s favoured eunuch.

I sat in my private residence in the Forbidden City, observing court documents sent to me by junior eunuchs. I could practically sense his fear at losing his job, or his life, for incompetence. This same eunuch almost spilled my tea today, shaking so violently that the cups made sounds during vibration. Though I was once filled with dread myself, before our new Emperor blessed me with his favour, my embezzlement was much more risky, much harder to perform and the rewards were lesser. I was almost caught by my predecessor, but the old man was simply a bribe away from silence. Of course, once I caught the Emperor’s attention with my intense knowledge of Weishun poetry, literature, politics, and Mandu calligraphy. Once I had that attention, my word was enough to move the heavens to action. I ordered my predecessor executed, falsifying an Imperial edict to force the removal of any who knew of my past actions. My efficiency allowed me to receive many gifts from the Emperor personally. The silk on the robes he granted me was a beautiful red hue, that surpassed virtually any court official in history. My word carries significant sway, in the court. My support for a Prince may very well be the deciding factor in the succession war, but a more important concern for now at least, was this official document. The document contained a request for aid from local garrisons on the border with the light skinned barbarians. An incursion against the Empire by weak foreigners is a great threat, but also a great opportunity. Despite the late in the night, the defence of the Empire is just cause for the awakening of our master. I walked as fast as my persona, of a weak old man would allow. Arriving at the Palace of Sacred Harmony, where the Emperor was staying with Concubine Rizu tonight. I kowtowed respectfully before the door as a eunuch awakened the Emperor. Any other official would have been severely reprimanded for this breach of privacy, but my personal relationship with his majesty guarantee my safety.

“Your lowly servant deserves death for disturbing your majesty! Your lowly servant brings grave news from the Miatu frontier. Barbarians are breaking through the gates to the land of Heaven, not unlike the Yuan long ago. We must hold them back here, lest they destroy our nation, as they no doubt seek.”

The Emperor emerged a momenet later, in his unique royal bedrobe, while not as majestic as his regular golden Dragon Robe, the bedrobe was a fantastical yellow, with two striking dragons on either side. Evidently put on in a rush, I expected anger from my master. My prediction of the Emperor’s reaction to my speech was correct. His majesty exploded with fury, evidently seeking to continue a peaceful reign after the turbulence of the push to these very frontiers under his grandfather.

“This is an unforgivable incursion on the Zhi Dynasty, not since the false Yuan have any outsiders directly attacked our great nation. They will not be spared for their insults against the Dynasty and it’s subjects. Hishan, rally the Red and the Dark Purple banners in the frontier, and repel the invaders! Do not call upon the Standard army, their morale and combat experience during cold fighting situation leaves much to be desired.”

I rose to my feet, and sent my message to the Imperial garrison commander, who sent the wheels of the banner bureaucracy rolling, and sent thousands to die for their homeland and their Emperor...
The Celestial Empire of Michu. Qing China with simplified characters, Manchu and a British Westminster system.

支配鲲朝和米楚帝国
My Politics IRL
    Monarchism
    Capitalist (Austrian)
    Christianity

神圣皇后万岁万岁万万岁
Empress live for 10,000 years!

Kanadorika
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:47 pm

Lord Johannes Ingasson (ᚤᚮᚼᛆᚿᚿᛂᛌ ᛁᚿᚵᛆᛌᚮᚿ)
Governor of the Kanadorikan West India Company
Þorláksvík, Hvidovia, Kanadorikan Empire

Hvidovian Waltz MP3

Her curves were bound by the restrictive hold of her corset, yet my eyes yearned for more. Her hands, soft as fine Khawsian silk, were her only features bared, remarkable considering most women hid their hands underneath satin gloves. Indeed, even her face was obscured, her glistening sapphire eyes peering out of the pale mask whose hue matched her fair skin. Behind the costume the woman's beauty was apparent. I was drawn to her, a siren's spell of sophistication with hints of eroticism. The fact that she too knew nothing of the man behind my mask was equally exhilarating. Two strangers, dancing together to the slow rhythmic tempo of a Hvidovian waltz, unaware of each others identities, partaking in the aphrodisiac that was the Þorláksvíkian Masquerade.

Carnival was the highlight of Þorláksvíkian culture, culminating in a masquerade held in the Imperial Palace on Ash Wednesday. The most esteemed members of Kanadorikan society could be found mingling on these ballroom floors, their identities hidden behind gorgeous costumes and masks. A blessing for the less aesthetically appealing men and women for sure, but a curse for myself as I desired nothing more than to unmask the damsel I had been dancing with the past several hours.

With her delicate hand within my own, I guided my mysterious partner round and round the dance floor in total silence as I let the music flow through my body and dictate my movements. She was an outstanding dancer, swaying her body effortlessly to match the pace of my own. A cultured woman for sure, one confident in her own abilities. Others danced with their own partners on the floor, though I heeded them no attention and moved as if we were alone, like clockwork.

Traditionally, the masquerade ended at the stroke of 12 midnight, when the participants removed their masks and revealed their faces. The clock hung above the palace ballroom floor informed me that there was still several minutes to go, however my heart already pounded in my chest. I was a married man, yet no woman had elicited such passion from myself. The glow of candlelight flickering from the walls only did so much to satisfy my eagerness, making visible her shimmering eyes which could have been sources of light unto themselves. I craved a drink, a sip of Hvidovian vodka to calm my mind, but could not risk letting her go.

And thus we continued, back and forth igniting our passion with the carefully placed steps below; an impressive choreography between two partners who had met that same day. I became lost in the movements, so much so that the sudden chimes announcing midnight had startled me. Twelve successive chimes sounded in an unhurried fashion, exasperating my desire to see the true woman in front of me.

With the last chime, I lowered my head in a respectful bow, my partner responding with a graceful curtsy. The time had finally come. With slow, deliberate movements, I pulled the mask away and revealed the features that lay underneath. Her eyes shone wide. Perhaps she had recognized me.

As her own hands reached towards her mask the suspense doubled inside my chest. She raised her mask slowly, purposefully taking her time in a slight tease to keep me guessing for as long as possible. Despite this, her face would finally be exposed for the world to see.

I had witnessed quite a bit in my 45 years of life. My youth was spent on the vessels of the West India Company, where I was introduced to exotic locales at the far corners of the globe. I had come across fascinating native peoples and foreign cultures, yet even with such experience, I was not prepared for the sight that lay before my eyes.

"Your Imperial Highness," I courteously kneeled, taking her hand and planting a respectful kiss on it. "Your skills are remarkable. Fitting for an Archduchess and Princess such as yourself."
Last edited by Kanadorika on Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
☠ JOIN ETHARIA. I'M NO LONGER ASKING ☠
Almost exclusively on discord these days. Everything here is outdated.
Welcome to Kanadorika! From the Arctic tundra of Leirhofn to the sandy dunes of Gulland, we have it all.
Treko wrote:"You look Kanadorikan! The women are usually tall with big breasts! you fit that description."

Drevazyk
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Drevazyk » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:25 pm

Lord Alexander Sukhanov
General of the Imperial Trekkish Crown
Riihimäki, Empire of Treko

A cool breeze rolled across the vast open steppe of Treko which licked at the tops of the stipa which grew as far as the eye could see. Yet the cool breeze was a striking contrast to the warm sun that kissed at my skin and warmed my body. It was here in the mix of cool and warm that I ordered my army to make camp for a few days. Strategically it left us out in the open and exposed but that was only one side of the coin. The other side of the coin allowed us to see any force approaching from miles away. Though I doubted we would see any enemy armies in the Riihimäki territory it is always a good option to keep one's head on a swivel. After all, the probing of the Zhi Dynasty was equivalent to kicking a hornet's nest and I was at fault for that. For you see I was given the order to probe the border for an opening into the neighboring Zhi Dynasty. I wish I could say that the process was peaceful but that would be a blatant lie, to say the least. For at least a month my army of 35,000 had marched from the Imperial district of Alku all the way down to Riihimäki searching for some clear mountain pass or valley that led to the other side of the Vana mountains. Our incursions through the mountains often led to roads, if you could call them that, that could not fit a marching army so we returned to the grasslands and steppes of Treko. If I could use only one word to describe my feelings about turning the army around it would be, "Aggravating." Nonetheless, these failed incursions gave us, the Empire of Treko, valued information in regards to future wars against the Zhi Dynasty.

I draped my forest green coat over my shoulder as I walked away from the camp and took in a deep breath. The cool breeze filled my nostrils and chilled my lungs but the cold was washed away by the warm sun which I looked up at with eyes closed. I basked in the suns glory and let a grin grow across my face before stretching my arms over my head then resting them at my side. With one final deep breath, I turned and began walking back towards the camp letting the stipa brush across my hands. It was an old sensation from old summers passed when I was a mere child and worries of war meant little... Upon my return to camp, the perimeter guards quickly stiffened and saluted which I returned with a smile.

"General Sukhanov, we have been looking all over for you," said Lt. General Grzegorczyk as he briskly walked up to me with a less than amused look on his face. Wacław Grzegorczyk was what I considered a stick in the mud and a stickler for rules but an overall trustworthy individual. I had first met Grzegorczyk at the officer's academy in Kurakchevsk and despite first impressions, I managed to befriend this stick.

"You needn't look far, Grzegorczyk! I was merely enjoying the beauty of the steppes, the cool breeze, and the warmth of the sun," I replied as I continued to walk towards the General staff tent, "You don't have to worry about me so much."

"General Sukhanov, our probing has aroused the ire of the Zhi Dynasty. We must be careful..." stated Grzegorczyk his eyes darting towards the steppes then back to me.

"Grzegorczyk...for the last time you can just call me Sukhanov. We've known each other since Kurakchevsk," I replied before following his eyes and looing towards the steppes, "The steppe is our ally, Grzegorczyk! It shows all who come towards us."

Grzegorczyk gave a nod which was followed up by a heavy sigh as I opened the tent flap and entered with him right behind me. Upon entering I immediately took notice of Ruslan Muzyka who was leaning over a map of the Riihimäki district and the nearby territories. His black-furred papakha sat on the table next to the edge of the map acting as a weight so the map wouldn't move. Ruslan's index finger was making a path through the map then stopped near a point which he marked with a quill pen. As he finished with the marking he looked at me and beckoned me over in his overly ecstatic mood which was somewhat hidden by his beard. With haste, I walked over to the table and looked down at the map and took note of the mark. The "x" mark was placed in the area of the mountains that bordered the Kingdom of Khaw Si Khaw.

"What am I looking at here, Ruslan?" I asked as I continued to look over the map awaiting an answer from Ruslan.

"My Cossack riders have scouted a way through the mountains that can accommodate our army!" Ruslan shouted with excitement, "We can truly strike at the heartland of the Zhi!"

"We can strike at the Zhi but we would be going straight through the kingdom of Khaw Si Khaw," stated Grzegorczyk as he pointed to the map, "It's not the easy, Ruslan!"

"True, it's not easy," I interjected, "However, this is the only way to Zhi that can accommodate this army... As for the kingdom of Khaw Si Khaw, we will ask for passage."

"And if they say no?" Inquired Grzegorczyk

"We won't accept no," I replied as I stared Grzegorczyk down, "Tell the army to rest up. We will be moving out in two days time."
Last edited by Drevazyk on Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khaw Si Khaw
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Khaw Si Khaw » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:09 pm

The Principality of Khaw Si Khaw was experiencing at this point few centuries of relative Peace and Stability ever since the aboriginals had been forcibly removed from the land in the Twelfth Century AD, but the Army always remained vigilant as they were stuck in between two Continental Powers abs because of the constant raids from and against their other neighbors. So it was quite concerning when they had gotten a report of a large group of individuals, thousands strong, who were crossing from the northern pass, seemingly making their way to the population centers. The Prince was informed and he gave the General of the Army of the North free reign to do what is necessary to protect the land.

The Cold Wind that is a trademark of the Northern Provinces blew hard as General of the North, Thawanya Ho'thai, would observe his Force begin to make a makeshift cam and horses of the Calvary Regiments being led to a nearby spring some three hundred feet away. “My Lord!” The General would turn around to face the voice, it was a young man, young enough to be his Son, for it was his Aid, Nawin Luangwas his name. Nawin would throw up a quick salute as he got the General’s attention. “My Lord, they are waiting for you in the command tent.” The General would nod towards Nawin. “Thank you.” The General would make his way over to the tent that was less than thirty feet away, his silk cloak blowing against the hard northern winds. The General would walk in as Nawin would stand outside the tent. “Okay! So what do we know?” In the tent there was half a Dozen High Ranking Officers huddled around a table with a map on it, they would all rise and salute in unison as the walked in. One of the Younger Officers, Half a decade older than Nawin would speak up. “Sir, we know the group has crossed the border and they are bigger than we could have ever imagined. . . They number at least Two Hundred Thousand. . .” The General would seem shocked, this was entire army it seemed. “My God. . . Get word to the General Phyram of the Army of the East. Tell him to get his army here as soon as possible!” The Youthful Officer would begin to write a letter.

A week later. . .

The Army of the East in all its glory has finally arrived after making great haste to the North. General Phyram would proudly lead them from the front to the Camp of General Ho'thai. Both men would meet each other half way. “General Ho’thai, it’s a pleasure to see you again.” The aging Ho’thai would smile. “Same to you Lord Phyra.” General Phyra would put his hands in the pockets of his silk robes before asking “Is it true? Two Hundred Thousand?” Ho’thai would clear his throat. “At least Two Hundred Thousand. . . Two Hundred Thousand versus our Fourty Thousand. Phyram, they will be here in three days time. I need you to take my position, since my men know this area the best we will cross the mountains and hit them from behind, trapping them in between our two armies.” Phyra would have a big smirk on his face. “That is a good plan, I am tired of walking anyways. . . I wish you luck Comrade.” Ho’thai would give a polite and respectful bow. “Same to you.” Phyram would give a identical bow back. After half a dozen hours of packing and rest the Army of the North would make their way out of the camp, leaving it for the Army of the East. The Army of the North would then make the trip through the mountains to flank the enemies, this would have been a near impossible for any non native army of this land but they knew this land like the back of their hand.

Three days later

And now it was the day of the Battle, for the Commanders truly believed that if they failed here the entire Principality would fall to this horde of invaders. The Army of the North has reached their position at sundown of the dat before, resting and setting up a very basic camp as they rested. When the sun rose that morning it illuminated the mountain pass, where they spotted the enemy horde, oh how vast their numbers was that it almost appeared to be a river moving through the mountain’s pass. The men of the Army of the North made their last prayers and prepared themselves for the possibility of meeting their God this day. The forward scouts noticed something strange about this enemy, they wore no uniform and moved erratically they had no formation and a good chunk of them appeared to be unarmed, is it possible that these weren’t enemy combatants? They thought on it and pondered before they reported this to the Colonel, the Colonel didn’t wanna bother the General with such details as it might stall the attack, the Army of the East depended on them cutting off the enemy’s retreat. And so it began, the Army of the North made their way down the mountainside, being behind the enemy horde by one hundred and fifty yards, the horde seemed not to notice as they only focused to move forward. The battle would finally begin with the sound of cannons echoing throughout the pass, this signified that the Army of the East has engaged them at the front, for there was no doubt that this battle would go into the history books. The horde turned in panic in order to retreat but they only saw rows upon rows of soldiers, guns aimed and bayonet fixed. The Army of the North and the Army of the East marched towards the enemy, beginning to fire a volley once they reached 100 Yards, the first row would fall back to reload as the row behind them would take their place and fire a volley moving forward with each valley, the morning sun illuminating the beginning to this slaughter. This dance of death continued on both sides of the pass before they had reached 50 Yards where they would not move forward anymore, just firing their volleys before falling back, letting the row behind them take their place. The Barbarians would of course attempt to break out of this killing area but on both sides most of them would die before even reaching the Lan Na lines, though through the sheer wait of their massive numbers they would eventually make it to the Lan Na line, climbing over the bodies of those slain before. The Lines of the Armies of the East and North would be engaged in fierce close combat, the narrow mountain pass would give two advantages to the Lan Na, the first being negating the Horde’s Number’s Advantage and allowing the row at the front to rotate out and regain their strength. After Seven Hours of Pure Slaughter the battle would be concluded, Regiments would be sent to finish off any survivors. The Two Generals would meet at the center, having a sick feeling in them. “That was. . . Much easier than I had expected.” Phyram would say while looking at the bodies. Ho’thai would nod and say “These might have been civilians. . . We need to come up with a story to tell the Prince.”

Meanwhile on the Western Border

Word has just came in to General Puttahi of a Army of Trekko crossing the border and not stopping, seemingly heading towards the heart of the Principality. A silk trader who had traded with Trekko before would be enlisted to help with this situation. The Army of the West, numbering Fourth Thousand Men would set up at hills right at the exit to a mountain pass the Trekkish would have to pass through. The plan was to fire down the the pass at the Trekkish troops if a silk merchant returned within a few hours before them or if he just never returned at all.

The silk merchant would be on horseback a couple days away, frantically passing by the front column of infantrymen. He would attempt to look for a officer and ask for them to stop this advance as he was a representative of the Principality of Khaw Si Khaw and needed to speak with the Commander of this Army.

Kanadorika
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:56 am

Oskar Freymarsson (ᚮᛌᚴᛆᚱ ᚠᚱᛂᚤᛙᛆᚱᛌᚮᚿ)
Lieutenant; Corporate Asset Preservation Subcommittee; Naval Division, Kanadorikan West India Company

A tavern in Velingrad, Treko

The tavern was a joyous affair that served as the most frequent watering hole for sailors of the Kanadorikan East India Company, which owned a large port within the city of Velingrad. The company presence in this part of town led to a great diversity in the patrons of its establishments. Hvidovian, Leirhofnians, Northurlanders, Erapians, Khawsians and more frequented here, bringing their own culture to mix with the native Trekkish.

A glass of Hvidovian vodka sat in front of me on the bar table. The manager stood near, wiping down glass mugs with a cloth. The tavern was Company owned, though managed by a Trekk who took a great deal of pride in maintaining a 'respectable' establishment.

"Been hearing a bit of a rumour 'round here," he mentioned in a rough Trekkish accent, still devoting his energy to his mug. "Some folks here been wanting to push into the east, near that Oriental nation...er... Miku I believe."

The old Trekkish man garnered my full attention. 'Some folks' was an incredibly vague term, but it was enough to interest me.

"Who are these people you speak of?" I asked the manager, who had still not turned his gaze away from his mug.

"Oh I don't know about that. All I can tell you is that they are Trekkish. Beyond that, word simply hasn't gotten out."

I took a sip from my drink, feeling the warm alcohol make its way down my throat. "Well, It's about time for me to get out of here." I reached in my coat pocket and pulled out a 50ᛖ coin, placing it on the counter. The manager seemed to object, but I interrupted him before he could say anything. "Take this. Buy yourself something nice. I'll be back soon I suppose."

And thus I departed the tavern, placing my cocked naval hat back onto my head. The sun here was more intense than it was back at home, its warmth pleasantly radiating on my skin. Gulls squawked in the distance, complementing the sound of the ocean's waves crashing against the quay. A woman approached ahead, my eyes were drawn to her ample bosom exposed in her bodice. They bounced immensely with each step she took, making it difficult to notice that her facial features weren't half bad either.

"I did not realize the Company was hiring such gorgeous women. Of course I feel with beauty such as yours it would be a sin to not bring in such a charming lady."

The woman briefly paused, as if she had no clue who I was talking to for a moment, then smirked upon realizing that it was indeed directed at her. "Oh, you're no ordinary sailor, are you? That fancy blue suit you have on there.... oh no you're an officer." She seductively bit her lower lip, knowing well where I intended to go with this conversation.

"You are correct there, madam, but a pretty young creature such as yourself shouldn't be out here among such uncouth sailors. These are brutish men out here who can't appreciate the grace of a sophisticated female." I winked at the woman, wrapping my arm around hers while jingling the change in my coin purse. "Follow me instead, I know this port like the back of my hand.

"Oh you are a convincing devil, aren't you? But I don't mind darling, you can take me anywhere." She replied, licking her lips in anticipation.

I led her back to the tavern, where the manager remained in place behind the bar. The establishment also consisted of an inn, which he too was responsible for.

"Back so soon, eh? And with a lady?"

"Yes yes, do you have any rooms available right now? I have... pressing affairs to attend to."

"Rooms? Of course, there's always rooms available... like, uh, room 8," he muttered, grabbing a set of keys off the wall and tossing them to me. "Don't worry about paying though Oskar. I owe you after that tip you left behind. One you gave without my permission mind you."

"Whatever you say old man. Just don't disturb us, understand? I am going to teach this angel some... naval strategy."

I pulled the woman up a flight of stairs by her arm, my eagerness to be alone with her growing with each step I made. I unlocked the door in one sweeping motion, practically pushing her inside and closing it behind me. She sat at the foot of the bed that lay inside, her shoulder strap 'conveniently' having slid off, exposing the side of her large right breast. I sat myself next to her and felt her hand grasp my hat and remove it from my head, after which she returned her hand to my scalp and pushed me into her plump lips. I placed my palm on her luscious chest, pulling the bodice down into it was fully revealed.

Last edited by Kanadorika on Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
☠ JOIN ETHARIA. I'M NO LONGER ASKING ☠
Almost exclusively on discord these days. Everything here is outdated.
Welcome to Kanadorika! From the Arctic tundra of Leirhofn to the sandy dunes of Gulland, we have it all.
Treko wrote:"You look Kanadorikan! The women are usually tall with big breasts! you fit that description."

Dominatus Leviathan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dominatus Leviathan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:59 pm

Miatu Frontier Province, Deep Purple Banner, Cungsun Xehe Hala

Chasing the barbarians out of Zhi

It was during the Autumn period of 1324 when the hordes from Yuan invaded the Celestial Empire, it fell onto us, the Weishun banners to repel borders and inflict punishment on the uncivilised, despite our valiant efforts, several banners were wiped out in the mad Khan’s quest to capture Shaotai. While Miatu was only established around two hundred years ago, we in particular have a solemn duty to ensure that no barbarians threaten the capital again. The Deep Purple Banner consisted of nineteen thousand men of the highest, local quality. We are entrusted with the permanent defense of the province. When the Trekkish barbarians of pale skin foolishly attacked us, we suffered substantial casualties, and have been tasked with the clean up of enemy forces amongst the Miatu province who may have slipped past us, hoping to either hide or undermine the authority of the dynasty. In practice, our Lord, Lord Iha, gave the simple instruction to righteously exterminate any of these pale skinned peoples in Miatu. Especially illegal merchants, “seeking to exploit our people with cheap goods.” I watched my friends drag out and execute families, of pale, or of mixed origin, none of whom were involved in the Trekkish attack, overtly at least. We threw the traitors on the fire after we were done, and despite the horrors I had seen and been forced to participate in, the faces of the victims would haunt me for the remainder of my life. The tears and the wails of fear, suddenly silenced with the boom of my rifle. This “campaign” lasted for two months, before the Imperial Court caught wind of it, and had Lord Iha sentenced to death by a thousand cuts publically for mistreating the people of Miatu. The new commander of the Banner, Lord Boga, focused his massacres exclusively on traders and isolated Trekkish infiltrators.

Banner painting

The decisions by the Imperial Court, sometimes appear irrational, but on this occasion, I was grateful. I feared heaven could not forgive the evils I had been forced to commit, even under order. Though my suffering will not end, all participants in the massacre will be beaten severely by the Moral Fortitude Department, the department with the duty of increasing combat effectiveness of the Banners. I was practically tortured by the Enforcers, who struck me with specialised wood one hundred times, then branded my arm with hot iron, the numbers 1761, to remind me of the shame I and my fellow bannermen engaged in by risking the dynasty’s mandate in these tough times. I screamed with pain as my skin burned, my forgiveness came with suffering, and eternal branding of shame. Once complete, the Deep Purple Banner was to follow the Trekkish south, and link up with the Standard Army for a push towards the small Princedom of Khaw. The Imperial Court clearly did not understand the complexity of strategy and logistics, Lord Boga ordered us to raid the enemy for supplies whenever we were lacking, so we stayed close to the Zhi - Yuan border, as we made our way south. I remember as we opened fire nonchalantly on the uncivilised filth, plundering their lands like they once did to us. The Court declared its lack of interest in punishing Lord Boga for this order, because Yuan have no links to the Empire directly, and simply ordered us to push on. Throughout the winter, my friend and fellow soldier, Gahegge started to fall ill, due to malnourishment and the never ending march. I appealed to Boga to allow us to travel a hundred miles east, to the city of Hanxu, in the Xihou Province, where we will be able to treat our wounded. Boga, being a fellow bannerman, agreed and sent myself, several horses and the wounded for treatment. The Standard Army commander, a Mandu General Zhang Han, did not understand. He was furious, and demanded that the Deep Purple Banner meet him on the south of Nenggao province, near the Sheng Dessert. This highlighted the incompetence of the Court, and the hatred so clearly felt by our Mandu subjects. We, an exclusively cold weather banner, to wait and fight in some of the hottest areas of Zhi, where we will suffer extreme attrition and not fight at highest efficiency. The Standard Army, a human wave based organisation, has felt clear resentment for our people’s rule for far too long. Many of our ranks fell ill, while I traveled to Hanxu, treating my brothers for diseases for which neither of us had any immunity. Fortunately, the local traders were well adept at healing with local medicines. I helped Gahegge to his feet in a few weeks, and we hurried to Nenggao, the southernmost province of Zhi. We then began the march through the uncivilised lands, an army of several tens of thousands of men, of varying equipment standards. Perhaps we would earn the Empire a new tributary state out of this Khaw Khaw Princedom...
The Celestial Empire of Michu. Qing China with simplified characters, Manchu and a British Westminster system.

支配鲲朝和米楚帝国
My Politics IRL
    Monarchism
    Capitalist (Austrian)
    Christianity

神圣皇后万岁万岁万万岁
Empress live for 10,000 years!

Return to International Incidents