NATION

PASSWORD

Alpes a Septentrionali Inquiry Department [Q/A]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium
Envoy

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Alpes a Septentrionali Inquiry Department [Q/A]

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:26 am

A Letter appears in the courts and chambers of many nations. Old and tattered, but interestingly enough dated for the current day and month, but missing the year. Also noticed by those who received it was a return address. Le bureau de l'enquête, bâtiment du Conseil, 1812, Avenue Imperial

Sent: XXXX
To: Everyone?

Imperial and Royal Telegram Service, 1804 Rue de Louis XIV, Lutetia, Alpes a Septentrionalis

" To all those out there who are receiving this. Bonjour, I am a Count Joseph Alexi de Var, Premier Minister and Former Minister of Foreign Relations. But I'm sure, you, where ever you are at this moment are probably wondering why are even receiving this letter, and who these strange people are.

Well to answer that, this letter comes from the Empire of the Alpes and French, a semi-constitutional Francophone monarchy centered in a region known to many as Gaul or France. Our Empire along with its Metropole holds numerous colonial possessions throughout our(Note from the Premier: My) known world. The purpose of this letter, which we have got to so many somehow is the notify you of the beginning of the Imperial Department of the Inquiry, in which we shall receive messages from those all over. These messages can be simple questions or messages to those in the Empire, to even more delicate matters, such as those of state and diplomacy if you are versed in those subjects. We here in the Department, as well as His Imperial Majesty, eagerly await to see what inquires we shall recieve " -Sincerely Joseph Alexi de Var, Premier Minister and new head of the Imperial Department of the Inquiry

OOC: Hey everyone, it's me the guy who runs Alpes. Now you can ask any question be it OOC or IC, but just keep things appropriate for this website and give me your questions, or whatever really if it has to do with Nationstates.

Note: Responses previously given can be edited or disregarded by the User of this depending on changes in the lore of the Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium.
Last edited by Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium on Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Note: Many factbooks are in a constant state of WIP or being considered for entire rework or deletion

Welcome to The Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium, a nation where I brutalize and adapt Latin and French History to my needs to get my Ultraroyalist Absolutist French Monarchy with a vaguely French-sounding fictional royal family to work.

Don't ask about the flag, it has something to do with RMB RP that I'm involved with.
Leader * Overview[Perpetual WIP] * Military * Ask me questitons

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:57 pm

/bump
Note: Many factbooks are in a constant state of WIP or being considered for entire rework or deletion

Welcome to The Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium, a nation where I brutalize and adapt Latin and French History to my needs to get my Ultraroyalist Absolutist French Monarchy with a vaguely French-sounding fictional royal family to work.

Don't ask about the flag, it has something to do with RMB RP that I'm involved with.

United Timelines Outpost Number 99999999
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Timelines Outpost Number 99999999 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:04 pm

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Nazi Punks Fuck Off

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:13 pm

United Timelines Outpost Number 99999999 wrote:Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

" I'm not sure what any of this means, but sure why not. On a side note, I'm not actually sure what any of this means. Maybe I'm not reading this right or just need more clarification. Also, thank you for making me realize that I need to rewrite the last part of the OP." -Me

The Glass Oasis
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Glass Oasis » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:59 pm

What are the status of animals in Alpes?
A nation in the northwest Glass Desert of Rængo, 1k ly from Earth. So far basically the only Slime Rancher theme nation!
Redoing sig, probably.
Im not gonna be very active on here for a little while, but don’t worry im ok
Year: 2570 Name: Federation of the Glass Oasis, (the) Glass Oasis
1 NB = 50 NC(newcents) = .36 NS dollars
If statedn't in factbooks or forums, imagine, and/or go by SR things,or not,I don't care. NSstats loosely followed.
Adjustable PMT?-FT-FFT? + FanT mix. Kinda just SR tech.

I have Scratch!
shame I’m sometimes making accidentally wrong choices but oh well, JUST LIKE REALITY!Ha,ha,hah..ha

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:10 pm

Chief Aviator Gwen Tracer Hepburn “Fate of Existence and the Omniverse” Ellen Trixie Caitlin Foxworthy Avril Verlene Eveline Celinda Sammy Doris Wit. Oxton Arielle Lindall Leslie Vitesse Allison: Cheers, Loves! And the favorite question from the Valentians strike again! So... who're the tallest people in your world - perhaps living as of now, and historical? And err, second question, which is directed to the Emperor himself: How long does it take for him to grow his mustache?
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:22 pm

OOC: Sorry for taking a while, so here's the answers.

The Glass Oasis wrote:What are the status of animals in Alpes?
\

" Well, I'm no expert on this, but I believe I have some knowledge on the subject. The animals have been varying well recently, with us now officially putting some species on a protection list. Zoos have become popular in the cities, but I don't really ever visit them. And If we take all the hunting that goes on in the Imperium, I believe their populations have been increasing as well. But as I said, I'm no expert on this subject, and we, unfortunately, we couldn't find someone more skilled on the subject." -First Lord de Vara

Valentine Z wrote:Chief Aviator Gwen Tracer Hepburn “Fate of Existence and the Omniverse” Ellen Trixie Caitlin Foxworthy Avril Verlene Eveline Celinda Sammy Doris Wit. Oxton Arielle Lindall Leslie Vitesse Allison: Cheers, Loves! And the favorite question from the Valentians strike again! So... who're the tallest people in your world - perhaps living as of now, and historical? And err, second question, which is directed to the Emperor himself: How long does it take for him to grow his mustache?

" Ah, that's an interesting question. Well, the record for a tallest person ever in Alpes has long since been lost. And we will not count myth and legend for this. So, currently, there is a man named Albert Allemand, who was recorded as being 259.08cm or 8 and a half feet tall. As for the emperor." -First Lord de Vara

“ My mustache is a truly glorious thing! I started growing it shortly after I left the Imperial Army, and I believe it took me at least 5 months before it got into a state similar to what it is today. But in total, I believe it took about 4 years before I got it to what it's like today. And to top it all of, I haven't shaved it off at all in 22 years, but I must admit the Imperial Barbers can be quite a hassle at times, not sure why." -Matthieu XV

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:34 am

/le bump

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Catsfern » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:01 pm

what is your nations policy regarding immigration and emigration.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:33 pm

Catsfern wrote:what is your nations policy regarding immigration and emigration.

" The Imperium's policy on the movement of peoples is complicated. If you want to move to a colonial or dominion region, just simply notify the government. But if you plan on moving to another nation entirely, then things get complicated. First, you will be most likely have to see if the government will even allow transport to that nation, or if there is a proxy nation to go through. Then you will have to file out the government forms on Immigration, including what you will do with the possessions that you leave behind, the government will then approve or deny that request and give you a port and a time period for your departure.

As for emigration, you will have to file out, albeit lighter, but similar forms as the ones for immigration. Then you will be left to your own devices once you arrive. How you fare off is based on many factors, such as race, where you would be placed in the estates system, and much more." -First Lord de Vara

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:16 am

how long has the current royal family been in power?

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:25 am

"Do ya' like us? Here is the description: A bunch of drunken, drugged out, heathen, armed, happy-go-lucky metalhead-ish, punk-ish rowdy and badass hardy anarchists with southern vibe, who somehow created a functioning anarchy state. Those dudes are also pretty smart and ingenious, and are able to make high tech from junk.

We just wanna know, how would our relations play. We doubt, that you'd ally us, but we think, that you may not hate us just yet."-Shawn Bjornson

"Since you have interacted with the multiverse, how did it influence your nations culturally or economically? Are you open for business? Or there are several strong restrictions?"-Roberto Motors CEO.

"Ummm... I am doing a history research for my college, and I would like to ask about some notable cases of a commoner becoming a noble in Alpes a Septentrionali Empire. Are there such cases recorded, and if they are, could you please name several? This will greatly improve quality of my work."-College student.
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

The Rapture Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rapture Republic » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:29 am

"Do you plan on strengthening the surveillance state in your country as you continue to progress as fully modernized empire? As creating a surveillance system comparable to the Chinese would be quite beneficial in keeping anarchists fearful of their every step and would drastically decrease the crime rate too."
-Chancellor John Mercer
Last edited by The Rapture Republic on Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rapture City

• In the underwater city, two roles have emerged from the City's ongoing civil war: the City Monitors who defend the peace and the Red Caps who fight against unjust systems. The city's infrastructure is crumbling under its own weight and kinship is snuffed by the paranoia of totalitarianism. Yet the people would be in for a surprise as their virtual overlord have died many years ago as the oppression continues under his name...
  • Not an 1-1 exact replica of Bioshock lore and Rapture City. Only the city's atmosphere and setting is maintained.

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:36 am

"Dudes? Will ya' promote humanism, and freedom in future? It's far better than a dull police state, offered by Rapture, that makes people so fearful, that the culture itself gets erased, and the very identity disappears. Like... c'mon, you have got rid of slavery. This is awesome feeling!"-Shawn Bjornson
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:36 pm

Catsfern wrote:how long has the current royal family been in power?

" The imperial and royal house of Froid dates its origins to around 495 A.D. and has been ruling in some form from viceroys and different branches of the family for over 1400 years. The current branch of the Imperial house, the House of Courrone-Picardy has only been ruling for around 25 year, or the reign of Matthieu XV" -Dr. Alexis Duchene

Skyhooked wrote:"Do ya' like us? Here is the description: A bunch of drunken, drugged out, heathen, armed, happy-go-lucky metalhead-ish, punk-ish rowdy and badass hardy anarchists with southern vibe, who somehow created a functioning anarchy state. Those dudes are also pretty smart and ingenious, and are able to make high tech from junk.

We just wanna know, how would our relations play. We doubt, that you'd ally us, but we think, that you may not hate us just yet."-Shawn Bjornson

"Since you have interacted with the multiverse, how did it influence your nations culturally or economically? Are you open for business? Or there are several strong restrictions?"-Roberto Motors CEO.

"Ummm... I am doing a history research for my college, and I would like to ask about some notable cases of a commoner becoming a noble in Alpes a Septentrionali Empire. Are there such cases recorded, and if they are, could you please name several? This will greatly improve quality of my work."-College student.

" Well let's see about these questions. For the first one, well we the people of the Imperium, see Skyhooked as a place of insanity and abandoned by god. But we must admit that we do find some of your advances admirable, and your society fun at times, if a bad influence. Speaking of influence! The multiverse has influenced us in some ways, most significantly economically. Well, there have been some culture changes, from the importation of new religions and practices, along with stranger immigtants. there haven't been many cultural changes to us actually, other than being extremely desensitized to the weird things. But on the topic of economics, well we have brought or rather some companies from across the multiverse have come to Alpes mostly for trade and bringing modern technology and what not to Alpes. But we in Alpes have yet to actually spread out into the multiverse, we don't have any companies really operating multiversally, and we have very few multiversal embassies." First lord de Vara

OOC: The last sentence of the above is me just expressing how I want to set up an embassy thread but have no clue how to.

" There have been quite a few reported times when a commoner or member of the third estate has risen to the rank of nobility. First is from the colonial nobility of Alpes, many of the colonial houses are ones decedent of peasants or mainland houses. A notable example of this is Cladius de Pays d'en Fort Vendée, who is named after a fort that he founded in the Pays d'en Haut in 1738. Another example is Viscount de Leyhe, who got his titles after saving the palace from a Coup. Then the Albun family, who got their titles from one of them being mayor of Bordeaux. I could go one, but this would go on forever if i did, commoners being made nobles is more common than you would believe." - Dr. Alexis Duchene

OOC: I'll get to the other questions soon.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:36 am

Skyhooked wrote:"Dudes? Will ya' promote humanism, and freedom in future? It's far better than a dull police state, offered by Rapture, that makes people so fearful, that the culture itself gets erased, and the very identity disappears. Like... c'mon, you have got rid of slavery. This is awesome feeling!"-Shawn Bjornson

The Rapture Republic wrote:"Do you plan on strengthening the surveillance state in your country as you continue to progress as fully modernized empire? As creating a surveillance system comparable to the Chinese would be quite beneficial in keeping anarchists fearful of their every step and would drastically decrease the crime rate too."
-Chancellor John Mercer

Well, I don't want to spoil my plans for the future as of yet, I'll give you a few clues and ideas. I want to do both, in some way or form. I truly want to give more civil rights to the peasants and such, but as you should know keeping the monarchy with its power well-empowering peasants is a hard task unaided. So you just have to wait for the future, there will definitely be more liberal civil rights given to the Imperiums' people, but you might just be seeing a few CCTV cameras hidden here and there soon."

-HIRM Matthieu, Empereur-Roi of Alpes a Septentrionalis
Last edited by Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium on Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roma and Italia
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Roma and Italia » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:31 am

"What is the preferred sport that Alpeian citizens like to watch and partake in? What is the education like for the citizens of your empire, do you teach them like common slaves, or ensure they are properly educated to adapt to ever changing economic and social climates, or is the type and quality of education partitioned among class divides? What is the level of development of your empire?"

~ Imperator Tiberius Julius Constantinus
Nation InformationWars Fought Since the 1800'sRoman CommonwealthInteresting Facts
News: Relations with the Trump administration have broken down, Emperor Tiberius has issued a decree for the return of the Imperial standard first gifted to the United States in 1781, retracting his prior recognition of the Presidents legitimacy. | Marcia Nero is awarded the honorific Covidus by the Senate, for her unflinching dedication to the Res Publica, and her "defeat" of the Covid-19 pandemic, which has now become rare in the Empire.

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:25 pm

When is his Majesty's birthday

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:00 pm

Roma and Italia wrote:"What is the preferred sport that Alpeian citizens like to watch and partake in? What is the education like for the citizens of your empire, do you teach them like common slaves, or ensure they are properly educated to adapt to ever changing economic and social climates, or is the type and quality of education partitioned among class divides? What is the level of development of your empire?"

~ Imperator Tiberius Julius Constantinus

" Courte-Paume or real tennis, an indoor court-based racket game is the most popular sport played in our nation. But the Football and Fencing have been found to gain more watchers. As for our education, we educate our people quite properly, so they are ready for the world and such challenges. But it is generally partitioned among class with the First Estate(nobles) having access to better education, tutors, and even more availability in class for basic and university education. The Third Estate(Average citizens and peasants) are subject to the standard education system of the Imperium, with no benefits or advantages, but like you are said are educated to better adapt to the all-changing climates of society and wealth. The Fourth Estate(Serfs, Indentured Servants1, and the Remaining Slaves2) get basically little to no education." -First Lord de Vara

1. Very few people of education age are indentured servants and even those who have protections and opportunities given to them by the state
2. Very few young slaves left in the Imperium.

Catsfern wrote:When is his Majesty's birthday

" My birthday is the 25th of November" -Matthieu XV

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:43 pm

A few more questions about his Majesty.

1 What is your favorite food?
2 Do you like dogs or cats more?
3 What is your favorite way to spend your free time?

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:15 pm

" My favorite food, more actually foods are Agneau de pré-salé, Pheasant, Venison, and Cholera. Asparagus is also good. It like dogs better than those vile cat creatures. A dog can command respect and authority, along with hunting. I in fact have four dogs, most for hunting purposes. As for my free time, well I take time to read, write, ride, and practice my fencing. But I do occasionally go out for plays or hunts." -Matthieu XV

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:32 pm

/bump

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:42 pm

What drugs and substances are legal in your nation?

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali Imperium » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:53 pm

" Well other than achlocal and tobacco, there are not many legal drugs and substances. I think the only ways you can get ahold of most drugs legally is through the pharmacy a prescription" Dr. Médicament, palace doctor.

Adalzica
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Adalzica » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:47 am

How are children educated in the empire?
The Kingdom of Adalzica | Soikoerahi Adalsikau
Adalzica does not use NS stats or policies.
Overview of Adalzica | Policies of Adalzica
Capital: Kiroli
Head of state: King Talhi I
Head of government: National Minister William Roony
Tech level: Modern
Current year: 118 L.E.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information