NATION

PASSWORD

P.A.R.R.O.T., the Newest Watchdog Faction

A place for governments-in-exile, plucky survivors, unlucky survivors, the horrifically mutated, and other assorted characters to ride out the nuclear hellstorm until it's safe to go outside again.
Viva La Rebel Academy
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

P.A.R.R.O.T., the Newest Watchdog Faction

Postby Viva La Rebel Academy » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:30 pm

In an effort to stamp out against wannabe oppressors, extremists, pirates, and of course, the damned, we at P.A.R.R.O.T., named after a talking parrot from the jungles of what would become present-day French Polynesia, it stands for Pan-Asian Revolutionary Rebels of Terra. It watches over the continent of Asia from the safety of a five-story corrugated building from downtown Nantong as the unofficial capital. Neither the local government nor the military branches of the RARF endorse such an unheard of name, but regardless, it will take a stand in temporal command of all RARF branches for the duration.

What is P.A.R.R.O.T.?

P.A.R.R.O.T. is the newest watchdog group of mercenaries posing as young students taking a stand hoping for better success in life, but it also specializes in tactics not even the RARF in its current form can match. It even has its own church for prayers, but it is well guarded and only loyal members of the group can stay and have sermons from the priests we employed without fear of being taxed. It is also the only unaffiliated branch of the Rebelian workforce capable of handling extreme situations such as N-Day. Some people think of this as yet another potential organization waiting to cause chaos, but P.A.R.R.O.T. has a neutral policy of "don't attack unless being fired at, and be cautious of others around after first incident with them", quoted from our headmistress named Despoina Kederrani.

The factbook link about this new faction is here below:

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1262949

Am I eligible to join this faction?

You don't have to be anarchist, but you must be at the minimum be democratic with low corruption, and showing that you're willing to follow every command without hesitation, not quitting, backstabbing another, and knowing how to use nukes and shields effectively. You also have to be in a nation inspired by any Asian country ranging from Turkey all the way to Indonesia, tech levels is unrestricted. If not using NS Stats for any reason, then you just have to be democratic and be a nation inspired by a country from the continent of Asia, and that is it. Even if your nation is a space empire, if it has any resemblance of Asian culture or species, then you are considered in. You also have to spend at least the first week as a nation without causing trouble too otherwise you cannot be let in. No one wants to accept a newly formed nation that cannot deserve to be nuked outright, that would be very cruel.

How large can this faction be?
No more than ten allowed for a solid faction, including the OP. Too many in a faction increases the chances of being targeted by the bigger factions, as well as increased chances of desertion or betrayal.

What to do when N-Day comes?
You got everything planned out or just curious to know the basic functions of N-Day, it is a bit of an RNG gamble. There are three classes, one granted to each nation within a faction. They are the Militarist, the Economist, and Shielding. Militarists are trigger-happy nuke throwers, they love to throw everything they got at their enemies, and they produce nukes the fastest, but are worse at defending. For Economists, they are the faction's powerhouses, so they are entitled for a higher cap than normal in nukes and shields, yet masters of none. Lastly, Shielding Experts are best in protecting their faction or themselves from attack and are good at it, but are worse in fighting back. Check your nation to see if you are the aggressor, the super-producer, or the protector type.

Do NOT attempt to poke at the bigger factions, or those with much better intelligence gathering than we are, why, because they might have established treaties with other factions, much in the same way as establishing treaties between regions or each other within the same region. It is best to start from the bottom by looking out for the weakest factions that have like one to three, and work our way slowly to increase our score count, they are great for target practice. However, if you don't destroy a faction fast enough, even small ones, eventually it can cause a buildup in tensions from the faction you just targeted and will come back to haunt you later, well, not always. Some are more forgiving than others.

I have sworn enemies from my past experiences and I happen to join your faction this year, can I take care of them first?

If this isn't your first time, then yes, you still have some leftover burden you need to take care of first. Have someone else use a shield to protect you from their attacks in hopes some other faction can whittle down their productivity rate long enough that you can finish them off. Just remember that if your sworn enemies came from the larger factions, then do not bother attacking them until the majority of them are wiped out. If somehow the majority of this faction is more inclined to being aggressive, then we just have to be lucky we take less from your sworn rivals.

What are Nukes and Shields?

Nukes are used, though unethically by international regulations to strike fear into the hearts of another faction, or to take out someone who wronged you. They must be produced first from your factories, and each time you are hit as a faction, you will not be able to strike back as effectively. A calculator would be a good thing to check the normal production rate, and then divide less than 1 to see how long it will take to produce a Nuke. Factions too damaged to produce anything become easy targets for others to finish them off, and we are hoping not to become one of the poor saps.

Shields are the only best counter to any potential nuclear strike, but it can only protect against one nuke, not all of them. As with Nukes, it must be produced from your factories in the form of production points, and can only be used during an enemy's launch via Incoming tab. One shield can take out one nuke, but you must make more if you want to withstand a bigger barrage thrown at you. You only have roughly 2-3 minutes per nuke launch or barrage to use a shield; otherwise, your faction takes a hit.
It doesn't matter if you're a medieval society or a space empire, N-Day disregards your tech level, so for example, a 1% loss to productivity would indicate 1% of your whole empire's turf in productivity being lost, and nukes travel at an equal speed bypassing whatever fancy portals or atmosphere-level magic with ease towards your nation. You won’t be able to use shields just as effectively if your faction regularly take hits, so divide up the normal production rate less than 1 to see how long you have to wait before your next shield.

I need to take a break, can I still logout?

Not while our faction or your nation is in the middle of being targeted, make sure there are no incoming or targeted nukes on the faction's screen before you leave the faction and then logout. Nations who are not in a faction cannot be picked on during N-Day, making it the only safe route, but you will miss out all the fun and the most important moves. If you are taking small breaks, this is acceptable as long as you tell the faction leader you are about to leave, when it is safe. If you have not join a faction yet and still want to logout, it is up to you, but what is the point of signing up and then forgetting it? :oops:

My nation is done for, I want to call it a day/night!

It is not the end of you if your nation somehow is destroyed during N-Day. If you have any puppets leftover and they meet the same eligibility requirements, then you can still jump into the action but declare to the faction leader you're willing to stay in that you're using a puppet name and you should be okay, but not doing so quick enough, it can lead to problems very fast. Once you are out of puppets to use or if it is your only one because of nuclear annihilation, then yes, you can safely logout without penalty because dead nations can no longer be targeted by other factions. Quitting too early out of fear of being killed off results in being dishonorably discharged by the faction

I missed the invitation, can I still join?

As long as N-Day is still around and there is still time on the clock, then yes, but once we get to the point when N-Day threads start to lock down left and right, then it is over.

I have a bad overall reputation, but I want to redeem myself, is it still possible?

If you can prove that you will not cause a lot of trouble within the faction for the duration by including it in the details part of the application, then it is possible, albeit the chances of being included into the faction may be slim after reading your application request.

On a second thought, this faction is too dangerous for me to join.

Don't read the last part if you don't want to join, you're exempt from the application process.

Okay, I read everything, I want to join now, where's the template?

The application template is right here that you can copy-paste it below as your submission form. Make sure you fill out the required parts in asterisks, optionally with other info you want to add, and Despoina Kederrani the headmistress of P.A.R.R.O.T. will look through your form to see if you are eligible to join or not. Applications close at the last hour before the ceasefire agreement. This faction is only temporary under the list of factions used for the duration of this year's N-Day, so it won't be permanent.

P.A.R.R.O.T. Invitation Inquiry

*Name of Nation:
*Leader's Name (if applicable):
*Residing Region:
*Population at the time of Joining:
*WA Classification:
*Reason for Joining (max of 30 words):
*Reputation Score on a scale of -10 to 10:
Other Details (max of 30 words):
A Pan-Asian survivalist nation who doesn't need international help when disaster strikes, and is only one nation away before total reunification of the continent.

Latest Ticks: G32 is renamed to G51 after western Asia falls into anarchy. The Academy is attempting to figure out a way of getting Japan into the Rebelian side.

Bunker 51
Attaché

Founded: Sep 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bunker 51 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:45 pm

Just curious, as my fledgling nation has only heard myths of the last N-day (having emerged from our bunkers just a few days ago), is a faction the same as a region? This may not affect my qualifications for joining, but it will be useful for the future.
This Nation Does Not Represent My Personal Views
None of my nations represent my personal views
Have A Great Day
Ethel mermania wrote: the NAACP is not expected to address discrimination against white people

Viva La Rebel Academy
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Viva La Rebel Academy » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:09 pm

Bunker 51 wrote:Just curious, as my fledgling nation has only heard myths of the last N-day (having emerged from our bunkers just a few days ago), is a faction the same as a region? This may not affect my qualifications for joining, but it will be useful for the future.

Not every faction represents a region or multiple regions, but it cannot be created without someone in charge or maintaining order of the region, such as a Founder, a Delegate or an RO. Factions cannot be disbanded once created and future N-Day lists should not include the same faction name from before, because it was already used by someone else. This new faction name does not represent the Yellow Dragon Hub region, so it should not affect your eligibility much, thanks for pointing it out. :)
A Pan-Asian survivalist nation who doesn't need international help when disaster strikes, and is only one nation away before total reunification of the continent.

Latest Ticks: G32 is renamed to G51 after western Asia falls into anarchy. The Academy is attempting to figure out a way of getting Japan into the Rebelian side.

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:12 pm

Yeah you're probably going to get totally nuked halfway through at best, sorry
if you like my posts please make sure to downvote my factbooks.
DON'T CLICK
"lmao child you come into MY region"
no, this nation does not represent my
views. i cannot believe i have to clarify this

for RPers
my views explained

Viva La Rebel Academy
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Viva La Rebel Academy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:48 am

Despoina Kederrani: "Okay, who is up for joining the P.A.R.R.O.T., I need some good volunteers before we start opening our silos in the morning. My clipboard is ready."

Rleesrikhani
Secretary

Founded: Aug 06, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Rleesrikhani » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:13 am

P.A.R.R.O.T. Invitation Inquiry

*Name of Nation: Rleesrikhani
*Leader's Name (if applicable): Mario von Haksburg
*Residing Region: Rleesrikhani
*Population at the time of Joining: Use NS Stats
*WA Classification: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
*Reason for Joining (max of 30 words): Just to prevent my death and nuke nations that call me Scotland
*Reputation Score on a scale of -10 to 10: 0
Other Details (max of 30 words): This is just one puppet, most of my others will be in various factions for Kayfabe purposes. Also, there are some Asian colonies.
Last edited by Rleesrikhani on Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to expand the NDG (like, say, if you want to dissolve a region by moving your guys), send me a telegram and I'll check your stuff.
Remember: BE HONEST AND GIVE ME A REASON!
By the way, if you want to join the entente, I have the perfect place for you. It's on this board for war, and I want you to join our team. http://nationstatesww3.boards.net/
(By the way, the admin will create an alter for you, and you're expected to have your nation under that alter.)
[To be updated with new information soon, but all you need to know right now is that I'm not Scotland.]

Viva La Rebel Academy
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Viva La Rebel Academy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:51 am

Rleesrikhani wrote:P.A.R.R.O.T. Invitation Inquiry

*Name of Nation: Rleesrikhani
*Leader's Name (if applicable): Mario von Haksburg
*Residing Region: Rleesrikhani
*Population at the time of Joining: Use NS Stats
*WA Classification: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
*Reason for Joining (max of 30 words): Just to prevent my death and nuke nations that call me Scotland
*Reputation Score on a scale of -10 to 10: 0
Other Details (max of 30 words): This is just one puppet, most of my others will be in various factions for Kayfabe purposes. Also, there are some Asian colonies.

*Despoina Kederrani takes a look at Mario von Haksburg's resume for a minute and then hands it back.*

Despoina Kederrani: "You came from a long ways, isn't it, mister, uh, Mario, right? I can confirm you have some space turf with Asian culture, yes. Seems like an okay person to me, but is facing tough times from rivals, check. Okay then, Mario, you are the first one invited. We will have your bunker room with all necessities shortly, as well as access to the restricted church for praying. Enjoy your stay in P.A.R.R.O.T."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Vault 41