NATION

PASSWORD

NS Radio || WE ARE LIVE

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
NationStates Radio
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

NS Radio || WE ARE LIVE

Postby NationStates Radio » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:36 am

NationStates Radio is an independent project created to bring closer the NS community across the world. Without music, life would be a mistake therefore we united to bring to this game a new product that aims to provide a personalised radio like experience across all your devices.

At this time the project is on it early stages and we are not able to reach a 24/7 transmission rate yet. We welcome feedback as to what features or cool skills we can add yet.
NationStates Radio will be moving on its separate YouTube Channel soon and welcome curious people to come on board and review the service and perfect it in other ways as well.

For more details, feel free to drop your questions down below! :)

Last edited by NationStates Radio on Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:01 pm, edited 20 times in total.

NationStates Radio
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby NationStates Radio » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:37 am

Last edited by NationStates Radio on Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 10 times in total.

NationStates Radio
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

[reserved by NationStates Radio.]

NationStates Radio
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

[.reserved by NationStates Radio.]

East Meranopirus
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby East Meranopirus » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:34 pm

NationStates Radio or new Enadia gimmick? Also note that people in some countries can't access it for copyright reasons, e.g. Australia. Might wanna check on that before starting.

Also text is impossible to read in dark mode.
Last edited by East Meranopirus on Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

National Yorkshire
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby National Yorkshire » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:35 pm

East Meranopirus wrote:NationStates Radio or new Enadia gimmick? Also note that people in some countries can't access it for copyright reasons, e.g. Australia. Might wanna check on that before starting.

Blocked un the UK also.
News

Independent Yorkshire in the year 2050.

A puppet of Agarntrop

Bowzin
Envoy

Founded: Aug 13, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Bowzin » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:30 pm

National Yorkshire wrote:
East Meranopirus wrote:NationStates Radio or new Enadia gimmick? Also note that people in some countries can't access it for copyright reasons, e.g. Australia. Might wanna check on that before starting.

Blocked un the UK also.

And the US. So probably some of the biggest countries in terms of NationStates players
Bowzin Vytherov-Skollvaldr
| On a Redemption Arc. |
We dropped a new resume dispatch!

Kaystein
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaystein » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:32 pm

It's something done independently by one of the technical people in the region. So all credit goes to the fellow operating this.

NationStates Radio
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby NationStates Radio » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:56 pm

National Yorkshire wrote: Enadia gimmick? Also note that people in some countries can't access it for copyright reasons, e.g. Australia. Might wanna check on that before starting.

Bowzin wrote:
National Yorkshire wrote:Blocked un the UK also.

And the US. So probably some of the biggest countries in terms of NationStates players

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will be working on it promptly. During the livestream all content is accessible but post process goes through YouTube's service filters and certain content gets blocked. We have filed a dispute with only one Producing company and we expect the issue to be resolved. Thank you for your feedback! :)

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:59 pm

Interesting. Though you're probably better off going with a podcast or radio site, given how anti-creator YouTube has become.

What do you plan to do on your broadcast?
Last edited by Giovenith on Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

NationStates Radio
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby NationStates Radio » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:04 pm

Giovenith wrote:Interesting. Though you're probably better off going with a podcast or radio site, given how anti-creator YouTube has become.

For the time being, my goal is to provide a unique, personalized, radio-like experience and reach a 24/7 streaming ability. Afterwards, I'd be interested interviewing and hosting NS celebrities over and having some news podcast. Also soon available job positions and a Discord will be created for NSR.

I was considering opening a podcast, but I am not sure about the experience a podcast would have on users devices. Do you have any podcast recommendations?
Last edited by NationStates Radio on Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imbalistan
Envoy

Founded: May 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Imbalistan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:05 pm

NationStates Radio wrote:
Giovenith wrote:Interesting. Though you're probably better off going with a podcast or radio site, given how anti-creator YouTube has become.

For the time being, my goal is to provide a unique, personalized, radio-like experience and reach a 24/7 streaming ability. Afterwards, I'd be interested interviewing and hosting NS celebrities over and having some news podcast.

I was considering opening a podcast, but I am not sure about the experience a podcast would have on users devices. Do you have any podcast recommendations?

I would love to help with this-
Best Quote:
Chan Island wrote:And I'm expecting this thread to devolve into a
racist and/or religious and/or politics shitshow within 3 pages.
I LOVE YOU THE WAY YOU ARE
Bismillah, no, we will not let you go!
#YangGang2020

NationStates Radio
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby NationStates Radio » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:06 pm

Imbalistan wrote:
For the time being, my goal is to provide a unique, personalized, radio-like experience and reach a 24/7 streaming ability. Afterwards, I'd be interested interviewing and hosting NS celebrities over and having some news podcast.

I would love to help with this-

Sure feel free, to telegram me with the details or contact me on discord at Rorschach #4490 :hug:

Imbalistan
Envoy

Founded: May 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Imbalistan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:07 pm

Imbalistan wrote:I would love to help with this-

Sure feel free, to telegram me with the details or contact me on discord at Rorschach #4490 :hug:

Discord friend request sent.
Best Quote:
Chan Island wrote:And I'm expecting this thread to devolve into a
racist and/or religious and/or politics shitshow within 3 pages.
I LOVE YOU THE WAY YOU ARE
Bismillah, no, we will not let you go!
#YangGang2020

East Meranopirus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby East Meranopirus » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:41 am

For the time being, my goal is to provide a unique, personalized, radio-like experience and reach a 24/7 streaming ability. Afterwards, I'd be interested interviewing and hosting NS celebrities over and having some news podcast. Also soon available job positions and a Discord will be created for NSR.

How do you plan on making this 24/7 and how would it be personalized, or is that just one of those words you put in there to sound good?
Last edited by East Meranopirus on Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:09 am

This is operated by Enadia, and clearly affiliated with them given the owner of the Youtube channel. I’m curious, therefore, why this necessitates a separate thread from Enadia’s already existing thread.

Mind you, like every Enadia “innovation”, I expect literally nothing to come to fruition from this, but I want people to be very aware that this is just another attempt by them to weasel back into GO.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:18 am

If you want to stay up there are much better ways to do this. This is an interesting idea and one i'd like to support, but you guys have annoyed me so I don't feel like helping you.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:21 am

I'm kinda interested...

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Updates! | Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | NS stats unused
Jul 21, 2020
✉ ABC News: Forests doing well, but climate change putting pressure on it | #musicparade: listeners choose their favourites | Refugee sews 1000 masks for his new hometown | NCP calls for aid package for companies | New evidence of large temples in Onsteyl | Weather: Footscray ☁ 14°C | Altas ☁ 16° | Esterpine ☁ 15° |  Naltgybal ☂⛆ 13° | Ceirtryn ☀ 17° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel  ☁ 13°

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1! | 10/10 by DGES | Much hope: yes.
Low-effort responses since 15/5/20: 67½ | Good responses since 20/7/20: 5

mit zuckerguß

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:15 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:This is operated by Enadia, and clearly affiliated with them given the owner of the Youtube channel. I’m curious, therefore, why this necessitates a separate thread from Enadia’s already existing thread.

Mind you, like every Enadia “innovation”, I expect literally nothing to come to fruition from this, but I want people to be very aware that this is just another attempt by them to weasel back into GO.
^ This exactly.

Enadia, expectations are understandably low. Prove NSPG wrong by releasing less announcements, “innovations,” and graphics. Focus entirely on consistently high-quality and interesting content. We don’t want to see another marketing ploy for your region. If this effort is a sincere one, pull through and deliver without showy announcements. Let’s see some content.
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

The Union of Democratic States

Agalaesia
Attaché

Founded: Sep 23, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Agalaesia » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:27 am

Interviewing influential NS figures and NS News already exists in the form of NationStates Today's The News Room, as far as I'm aware.

And At the risk of sounding negative, I think that there are many other people who can easily create a podcast like yours, and crush your idea to bits.

It isn't bad idea, you just need some influence and backing, as well as (as people countlessly point out), high quality content.
Aga

Former Delegate of TRR, NSGE Organizer etc. Contact me on Discord at Aga#3979

The Whiterealm
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Whiterealm » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:13 pm

Would the UK also be unavailable :eyebrow:? I live there.

Wymondham
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 03, 2017
Libertarian Police State

Postby Wymondham » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:59 pm

And here I was expecting a new, independent NS radio organisation that I would love to have been involved with, not to mention the fact that NSToday would have loved it.
What did I get instead, the latest gimmick in Enadia's attempt to "innovated"
Very much a case of Expectations vs reality
Last edited by Wymondham on Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doer of the things and the stuffs.
That British dude who does the charity fundraiser.

NationStates Radio
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby NationStates Radio » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:28 pm

Last edited by NationStates Radio on Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kaystein
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaystein » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:45 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:This is operated by Enadia, and clearly affiliated with them given the owner of the Youtube channel. I’m curious, therefore, why this necessitates a separate thread from Enadia’s already existing thread.

Kaystein wrote:

It's something done independently by one of the technical people in the region. So all credit goes to the fellow operating this.

"Consider this the start of my official government post"

Since people may have missed my previous comment, I'll write this once again and hope it can be clearly seen.

THIS IS NOT ENADIA-SPONSORED OR OPERATED.

This is a radio station made by Latrovia. While the player behind this may be the founder of Enadia, the player isn't directly involved with the goings-on or decision-making of the region's current in-game government in an official capacity. There was no communication between Latrovia and any regional officer or government official regarding NationStates Radio or a public release of said Radio. This is and will be all Latrovia's undertaking.

This is not an "Enadia gimmick", "innovation", an "attempt by them to weasel back into GO".. whatever the heck a 'GO' is supposed to mean. Enadia is not affiliated with NationStates Radio.

Latrovia did use our region's youtube channel to conduct tests for their radio without consulting the in-game government, however. The player was messaged about this; NationStates Radio will be operated on another youtube channel or other media in the future. I have also informed them to fix the coloring of the text in their OP so it should be readable to everybody now, and you can clearly read it's an independent project.

If Enadia releases anything akin to a radio service, podcast, or newspaper for public consumption in the future you'll find information in our official GP thread first.

"Consider this the end of my official government post"

Now personally, I think everybody slamming and insulting Latrovia in this thread needs to chill out. Some people are reacting like this radio thing is a live grenade about to go off. Latrovia's taking time out of their day doing this to try and provide you with music for free because not everybody playing NS can also listen to music on youtube or access Itunes. Some parts of the world have terrible & oppressive censorship laws. That's without getting into the topic of media companies, copyright, etc.

If you don't like this thing, then don't bother listening and don't post if you don't have anything actually constructive to write. Leave it for people that might want to help or get involved. It's not your problem.
Last edited by Kaystein on Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

East Meranopirus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby East Meranopirus » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:39 pm

Ok, so how on Earth does a music streaming channel having anything to do with NSGP?

Also, I would appreciate if someone answers my question:
East Meranopirus wrote:How do you plan on making this 24/7 and how would it be personalized, or is that just one of those words you put in there to sound good?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay